• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkyOdin

Yeah the same thing happened to me. It's the most jaw-dropping, 10 minute cinematic but you can miss it so easily.

Ah yes, "The End of an Era". The first half of that cinematic was originally played for all of the players the moment when 1.0's servers were turned off, as the climax of the Seventh Umbral Era plot. In that sense, it is the ending cinematic for 1.0. Shortly afterwards it was used as a promotional video. It really is the best cinematic sequence Square Enix has ever produced. The second half of of the video is new for 2.0, though.

So I am really enjoying this game but I'm wondering, what is the motivation to keep playing after the story?
The answer is more story. The developers have been extending the game's plot with each major patch. Furthermore, the game's endgame content often has well-fleshed out story of its own. Both Crystal Tower and The Binding Coil seem to have independent story-lines that progress as you clear the dungeons.

Though the end-game dungeons are just plain fun to experience, in my opinion. Most of my favorite dungeons in the game are in the endgame: Copperbell Hard Mode, The Lost City of Amdapor, and The Labyrinth of the Ancients.

So apparently Retainers are already clearing Turn 9. I feel so inadequate.

6R9CdDP.jpg

;_; pls nerf

what are the best ways to level up alt classes? ii havent done any levemetes so i know those may be an option, same for guildhests

Battlecraft leves are pretty crap for exp, IMO. I'd say mix it up with Fates and queueing for dungeons. Guildhests, too, at least via roulette and for the first-time competion bonus.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Nobody in Eorzea has butts. There is a thread all about this on the official forums.

I think it's a travesty that there's a bust slider and not a butt slider. A TRAVESTY.

A whole fantasy realm and everyone's stuck with pancake booty.

what are the best ways to level up alt classes? ii havent done any levemetes so i know those may be an option, same for guildhests

Just use leves to get to 15 then always be running dungeons. For a Dps, you will have to wait alot longer to q than tank or healers, so make sure your DPs is the one getting the low level duty roulette bonus if your leveling more than one at a time.

Using leves for a magic/war class above lvl 15 is a waste. Save those for craftsman and gatherers

Griss

Wow, just did Garuda in the story for the first time and got my ass handed to me in a pick-up group.

Granted, the tank kept running after the feathers no matter how often we told him to stick to the edge, but I was letting the side down by not killing enough feathers when they appeared.

My whole time levelling arcanist/summoner I've had the same issue. Everything goes great until there's more than 4/5 low-health enemies that need to die quickly. At that stage, dots and pet damage are useless, as the pet (Ifrit) chases/switches between targets too slowly and the dots are far too slow.

I just don't have any burst damage at all and I don't know how I'm supposed to get any. Also, if I use an AOE like tri-disaster or Blizzard 2 in that arena will I damage the pillars? Because I'm thnking maybe I need to run in when the feathers first fall and AOE them all.

Any tips would be appreciated, that was a bit depressing, lol.

Wilsongt

I think it's a travesty that there's a bust slider and not a butt slider. A TRAVESTY.

A whole fantasy realm and everyone's stuck with pancake booty.

According to some, Elezan's need a neck slider. >>

I just don't have any burst damage at all and I don't know how I'm supposed to get any. Also, if I use an AOE like tri-disaster or Blizzard 2 in that arena will I damage the pillars? Because I'm thnking maybe I need to run in when the feathers first fall and AOE them all.

Blizzard 2.

Cat people wear bikinis because the high end gear can be really wonky with tails.

I'm switching to Hyur once they start selling Fantasias because of how badly the tail is clipping with the Gerolt and High Allagan stuff, it looks so bad and I don't want to go full slut.

Number45

Is that image supposed to illustrate the problem?

I'm switching to Hyur once they start selling Fantasias because of how badly the tail is clipping with the Gerolt and High Allagan stuff, it looks so bad and I don't want to go full slut.
Female? I love how my character looks, but that running animation. :'(

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Doing a dungeon run, got the head piece I needed. Kicked before it went to me.

Feels bad man
That sucks. :( I've also been in parties where I DCd right before the last boss and then was votekicked for being offline when I got back on a minute later.

And yesterday I spent a few hours farming T5 with mostly members of my static, but of course the 2-3 pugs that I used to fill in the remaining slots got all the drops.

Hystzen

Well thanks whoever is Safflower shame Ultros died but thanks trying help is with SV

Tank who bailed before you helped kept running upto mobs then running away as they attacked us and laughing in the chat bar. :/

Paprikka

Guess the primal data center took a dive.

Well thanks whoever is Safflower shame Ultros died but thanks trying help is with SV

Tank who bailed before you helped kept running upto mobs then running away as they attacked us and laughing in the chat bar. :/

Ah that was me, if you're still around when the servers get fixed I'll help you run it again.

I think the people on my server who are still playing probably are just in the world and haven't done an instance yet. Cause I dc when we finished a dungeon and was about to leave it

Cetra

I used to make fun of stuff like this, but then I got the soldiery chest piece for tanks and, one day, made the shield invisible and discovered that the tail doesn't match up with the hole in the back while standing in the neutral stance. Glamor'd the whole set away ASAP.

how could you let this happen lord yoshida-sama

Soldiery Tank set is the only valid reason for the Glamour system to exist. It's ugly as all hell anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom