• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noi

Soldiery Tank set is the only valid reason for the Glamour system to exist. It's ugly as all hell anyway.

I dunno, i like the ridiculous sixteen-pack abs that my cat person had overnight, plus I liked how the set looked with the Pumpkin head cause the rest of the set doesn't show any skin, so it was kinda like a living pumpkin.

onixsunblade04_06_201bvjob.jpg
While using any other headpiece though, yeah I'd much rather glamor on the new i70 set which is also p sweet.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
How to make Gil, the Grave Robber Method:

Let's get started!
First and Foremost, Sunday and Monday timers can be beneficial to Tuesday Weekly Reset
Why?
Challenge Log
Grab your 6 quest for Beastmen for Sunday, save Mondays, when server resets, you have until 11AM for Tuesday to knock 12 quests, do the next 6, bam 3,000 Gil
Save 2 Treasure maps you get Sunday and Monday, do them after reset, finish them, get third for Tuesday, now you have already done roughly 2/3rds of that challenge log within a day
Save you Monday Roulette's, till Tuesday morning before Tuesday 11AM EST reset, get a head start on your Soldiery, if your a tank/healer you make roughly 6000 gil per dungeon (if you are demand)
Get your Choco out go kill 100 mobs of equal value to your job level, earn another 3,000 gil, get your choco that bonus XP in the process, wear SB gear, to kill 2 birds with 1 stone
Then you have Guildhests, which you need to do 10, do it on classes you never did before for extra gil
Abuse the GC leves (unless you are saving them for gathering or crafting purposes), the level 20-25 quests you can pick up finish in a few minutes, get meh XP, but you get seals, do 20 of them, with maybe 2 extra from the battlecrfat leves, to give you an extra 3,000 gil + 7-10,000 Seals + Goodies/Ventures
You then have Carfting and gathering left, those you do if you have the ability to do so
Fish up 30 fish (which should be like 15-20 minutes, with 10 being hq, RNG plays a part here), no more than a hour, you get an extra 3,000gil

Within a day or two you should have roughly 35,000gil, while chasing after the other 16,000 before the weekend hits, repeat weekly

Gathering Wise -

As a Miner that is coming up the ranks there are nice items you can go after
Iron Ore, Alumen, Silver Ore, Effervescent Water, Mythril Ore, Electrum Ore, Cobalt Ore
You can farm shards for a hour or two and make roughly 15-20K per hour, just go to the MB and look at which stock is most depleted or check history of which getting bought up
If you start getting into the late 20's you get crystals to help you out even more
The warding skills, are worth it, if you can get both MNR and BTN to 50, you can really get all 6 elemental shards stacked in your favor

As a Botanist, the first few levels are garbage, vendor most likely
it's when you reach in the twenties is when you can start stockpiling stuff
Button Mushroom, Mustard/Ginger, Gridanian Walnuts, Desert Saffron, Midland Cabbage from the harvest view
From the logging perspective, Elm, Walnut, Oak, Mahogany

Crafting:

If you farm your mats and turn it into sellable ingredients for crafters you can really make good gil for doing the small step
If you can get your CUL up and your BTN up to 30+, you can make your own Walnut Bread and sell it
Same goes for countless other items which are always in demand
There are some items that cost like 50 gil to make if you farm one or two of the mats, hell some are few hundred gil, if you have the time and cross class skills, can HQ and sell on MB for 2000%-4000%, so yeah
You have to do a little research here

system11

Looks like it will be back soon, I can get as far as choosing my character now, 1014 error.

Edit "this world is currently full", and .... we're in. It's back!

Edit2: no, it died again. I got as far as placing 6/8 carrots on the Hawthorne Hut.

system11

Can I ask, why the need for for so much gil?

I have about 600k, but I don't see the need for it when all the high end gear must be earned.

I want to buy a house, personally. I will never use it but that's besides the point. Also clothing / glamours.

Hit 50 with Miner and Blacksmith. The one thing I wish was that we had a market website so we could check out the prices and what things are going for. I'm kind of addicted to trying to make money on the auction house. Never really played the auction house in an MMO before this one.

Joe T.

Hit 50 with Miner and Blacksmith. The one thing I wish was that we had a market website so we could check out the prices and what things are going for. I'm kind of addicted to trying to make money on the auction house. Never really played the auction house in an MMO before this one.

I keep hoping for one, too. FFXI had/has a great one.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Can I ask, why the need for so much gil?

I have about 600k, but I don't see the need for it when all the high end gear must be earned.

Well having a good amount saves you from chasing after things later down the line

If you can say hit 2.5mil, you should be in a nice place
Anything over 5mil, your already ahead of the game

If 2 materias and a Crafted Wep for your relic is making you go broke or is making you turn to different avenues to circumvent it, yeah then you need to stockpile gil, where it becomes not a burden on ya'

I set my Gil milestone at 10,000,000, got to it, and now am just using it when I need it, not rarely
Up to 13mil now, will keep doing my weekly FFXIV rotation

I mean when personal housing comes, if you have the gil for it, you have the best shot to get the best plot

I'm saving it up for stuff down the line, where it might be the tool to help overcome any shortfall

Weddings should be coming soon, hell maybe by 2.4, I know that's gonna cost

IvorB

I dunno, i like the ridiculous sixteen-pack abs that my cat person had overnight, plus I liked how the set looked with the Pumpkin head cause the rest of the set doesn't show any skin, so it was kinda like a living pumpkin.

Ah ha ha!! Pumpkin Knight looks badass.

WolvenOne

Gil is good for the following.

1: Food.

2: Mounts.

3: Minions

4: Crafted Vanity gear.

5: Personal Housing.

6: Potions.

7: High Quality Crafted Gear.

8: Materia.

I should note that, at this time, 6, 7, and 8, are mainly for progression groups, that're trying to clear through content quickly without first properly gearing up.

5, Personal housing, is not yet available, but is expected to become available in a rapidly approaching patch. If you're interested in this it's best to start saving Gil now.

Cat people wear bikinis because the high end gear can be really wonky with tails.

I'm switching to Hyur once they start selling Fantasias because of how badly the tail is clipping with the Gerolt and High Allagan stuff, it looks so bad and I don't want to go full slut.

The complete lack of regard for clipping in this game is pretty amazing. My tail clips through everything, my hair does too, even my weapon on my back clips through my costume. Sigh.

WolvenOne

The complete lack of regard for clipping in this game is pretty amazing. My tail clips through everything, my hair does too, even my weapon on my back clips through my costume. Sigh.

Yeeeeah, some of it's unavoidable, with so many different combinations of different models. Still, a tiny bit more effort to avoid clipping would probably go a looooong way.

Ken

I think the issue is that you seemed like you got mad just because he explained where the screenshot came from. I don't think anyone is upset that you pointed out that the TS info was in the shot.

People should just source screenshots that aren't theirs.

such care, white knight, TS rescueforce.
must be a difficult life, caring so much for others!

Well, thanks for reminding me that people are the worst.

He was just referencing the spell on the ground. I don't feel there was a need to state it wasn't his shot.

I don't want to derail the thread anymore so ok.

How to make Gil, the Grave Robber Method:

Let's get started!
(rubbish)

Gathering Wise -

As a Miner that is coming up the ranks there are nice items you can go after
Iron Ore, Alumen, Silver Ore, Effervescent Water, Mythril Ore, Electrum Ore, Cobalt Ore
You can farm shards for a hour or two and make roughly 15-20K per hour, just go to the MB and look at which stock is most depleted or check history of which getting bought up
If you start getting into the late 20's you get crystals to help you out even more
The warding skills, are worth it, if you can get both MNR and BTN to 50, you can really get all 6 elemental shards stacked in your favor

As a Botanist, the first few levels are garbage, vendor most likely
it's when you reach in the twenties is when you can start stockpiling stuff
Button Mushroom, Mustard/Ginger, Gridanian Walnuts, Desert Saffron, Midland Cabbage from the harvest view
From the logging perspective, Elm, Walnut, Oak, Mahogany

Crafting:

If you farm your mats and turn it into sellable ingredients for crafters you can really make good gil for doing the small step
If you can get your CUL up and your BTN up to 30+, you can make your own Walnut Bread and sell it
Same goes for countless other items which are always in demand
There are some items that cost like 50 gil to make if you farm one or two of the mats, hell some are few hundred gil, if you have the time and cross class skills, can HQ and sell on MB for 2000%-4000%, so yeah
You have to do a little research here

The Market Board is where the money is at, especially through crafting, the rest is rubbish. The miner ores, at least on ultros, are pretty cheap. You can get 99 Iron Ores for like 300 gil, totally not worth mining. However stuff like Latex, which a level 1 botanist can get can go for 200 a piece, which is insane, but as far as I know it's not sold anywhere else. So yeah a little research is definitely needed.

For crafters it's probably better to focus on making crafting equipment since it's much more in demand, even at low levels. Then the HQ stuff required for tradecraft leves and GC supply missions that's not on the board. You can make a pretty penny there. You won't get the money right away, but if you price your stuff well usually by the next day a lot of it will sell and you have 40 slots anyway.

Does joining a party in progress for a dungeon fulfil the quest related to that dungeon?

I need to do Aurum Vale (again) for a GC quest and joined a party at 2/3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom