• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tanking Bray for the first time was interesting, everything seems to hit me a bit hard but I figure that will change once I get more infantry gear.

bunbun777

9/12 on the Atma madness so far, this was from a few days ago-

2O6OWod.jpg

Tc91

This is currently £4.95 in a sale for the PS3 with a free upgrade to PS4, would I get a free months gametime with that even though I have an account on the PC version which currently does not have gametime?

I'm guessing I won't.

dramatis

Tanking Bray for the first time was interesting, everything seems to hit me a bit hard but I figure that will change once I get more infantry gear.
Cavalry. Infantry only has dps secondary stats.

This is currently £4.95 in a sale for the PS3 with a free upgrade to PS4, would I get a free months gametime with that even though I have an account on the PC version which currently does not have gametime?

I'm guessing I won't.
You get a free month with each version you buy.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"

I'm guessing I won't.
Where is this sale?

draw4wild

Ran Ifrit and Garuda HM like 5 times each yesterday and I must say they were hella fun, still locked out of Titan since my ilvl isnt up to 57 yet, probably will be able to knock him out tonight with epic after daily roulettes myth.

Best part of playing this game on PS4 is I can queue for a DF then leave the room and bring my controller with me and just wait till I hear it kaching on the controller to know to go back and play

Bit off topic but can I import one of those vita TVs or would they not work with US tv/ps4?

Hystzen

Stop making me visit the slyphs game please I was so happy when left first time stop making me go back.

Also I clocked up 100mins wait in DF for solemn trinity guildhest.

And then tanks had no idea how aggro and failed the duty in 5 minutes

IvorB

Every time on these story missions before they give you access to the dungeon, they want you to go all around the lands and do everyone's chores. It's pretty hilarious.

Yeah It's pretty annoying. It's even worse if you are ahead in levels because all those annoying quests are giving crap expererience and crap items. I wish I could play the top line summary of the story as there is just so much leg work involved. I want to tell Minfilia to f**k off and just give me access to all the dungeons. She would live at the ar*e end of nowhere too. Can't she get a place near a teleport crystal?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
At some point I'll need to get the last thing those dicks need before I can fight Titan but I can't stop replaying Brayflox.... the hunt for a full Battlemage set is too good.

Only legs, hat & gloves left... Anyone know where I can find a list of the loot details for the dungeon (which mini boss drops what, etc)?

Alucrid

Banned
At some point I'll need to get the last thing those dicks need before I can fight Titan but I can't stop replaying Brayflox.... the hunt for a full Battlemage set is too good.

Only legs, hat & gloves left... Anyone know where I can find a list of the loot details for the dungeon (which mini boss drops what, etc)?

Download the FFXIV Libra app on your phone. Has all the dungeons and their drops.

Im really enjoying the game.

Got my conjurer to lvl 13 and tried a second class - botanist.

Got it all the way to lvl 11.

Really good! Want to try the other classes too.

I really like the character models in the game,

IvorB

Is Brayfox on the way to Titan? Guess I'll be seeing him soon. I'm picturing a really large, crafty fox but I guess that's probably not the case

Download the FFXIV Libra app on your phone. Has all the dungeons and their drops.

Is it not random?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Is Brayfox on the way to Titan? Guess I'll be seeing him soon. I'm picturing a really large, crafty fox but I guess that's probably not the case

Is it not random?

brayflox isn't a fox, you'll see what that's about! beautiful art direction in the area/dungeon. i really dig it... seems like the first real challenge too.

it's en route to titan so you'll see it soon enough!

and it's not entirely random, for example now i know the final boss drops the leg armor i want for vanity so i'm gonna just replay the dungeon a million times til i get it

What's the app where you can type on phone instead of using my ps4 controller

buy this:

3_619.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005DKZTMG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Alucrid

Banned

Is it not random?
Each chest has a specific pool of items. Which item you get from that pool is random.

iammeiam

Is there a minimum expected iLevel for Wanderer's Palace and Amdapor Keep? I thought they existed mostly to gear up fresh 50s, but when I was running AK last night the tank noticed I was using an old bow (~45) and suggested I get my relic precursor (nice guy, not complaining, it just surprised me). Which I did, but then I gave it to Gerolt and can't get it back because my iLevel is only 49 and Chimera needs 52.

Should I buy another bow to tide me over in the meantime? I think after roulette today I can buy a myth belt to get over the iLevel requirement for Chimera, but my bow will still suck. There's a better one that could drop from AK , but I don't want to piss people off by showing up under geared. I'm hoping to piss them off with my lack of skill instead.

creid

Is there a minimum expected iLevel for Wanderer's Palace and Amdapor Keep? I thought they existed mostly to gear up fresh 50s, but when I was running AK last night the tank noticed I was using an old bow (~45) and suggested I get my relic precursor (nice guy, not complaining, it just surprised me). Which I did, but then I gave it to Gerolt and can't get it back because my iLevel is only 49 and Chimera needs 52.

Should I buy another bow to tide me over in the meantime? I think after roulette today I can buy a myth belt to get over the iLevel requirement for Chimera, but my bow will still suck. There's a better one that could drop from AK , but I don't want to piss people off by showing up under geared. I'm hoping to piss them off with my lack of skill instead.
You should be able to get an ilevel 55 weapon from your GC.

IvorB

brayflox isn't a fox, you'll see what that's about! beautiful art direction in the area/dungeon. i really dig it... seems like the first real challenge too.

it's en route to titan so you'll see it soon enough!

and it's not entirely random, for example now i know the final boss drops the leg armor i want for vanity so i'm gonna just replay the dungeon a million times til i get it

Sweet. Can't wait. I need mage gear also. If you are looking for challenge check out the Sunken Temple of Qarn (Level 35) in Thanalan. I can't say whether it's harder than Brayfox but it was certainly a step up in challenge for me.

Each chest has a specific pool of items. Which item you get from that pool is random.

Cool. Thanks. I should focus my efforts.

iammeiam

I'm stuck at the character creation part because I can't figure out whether to play a Hyur or Roegadyn warrior.

This is rather hard.

Assuming you plan to play long enough to subscribe for month, you can change your mind later. First paid month comes with a potion that lets you redo your race/gender/appearance. Going from Roe to Lala is hilarious just for the change in first-person-POV

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I will say that unlike FFXI, playing DPS is gratifying in that everyone asks you to use LB because theirs blows. :p

Kyolux

I haven't played since late September/early October when most of us were having a hard time with Titan except a few lucky/good players. (I was mostly unlucky with getting my Garuda weapon.)

Anyway, I'm considering to play a bit again.

Here's what I'm going back to: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/730700

I don't have a linkshell or anything probably on Hyperion. What server is Gaf on mostly? Also, I assume it wouldn't be free to move server?

I kept up a bit with what was added to the game. But what should I focus on if I start playing again? Don't think I can play intensively or anything, but let's say I want to grind out my level 90 stuff, what should I be doing mostly so that I'm not stock in queues forever? Also, are the dailies worth it?

Jayhawk

I don't have a linkshell or anything probably on Hyperion. What server is Gaf on mostly? Also, I assume it wouldn't be free to move server?

Most of GAF plays on Ultros, with another group on Sargatanas. I just server transferred out of Hyperion myself. $18 for a server transfer.

In terms of recommendations on what to do to gear up:
-Finish your relic. You can do this with the gear you have right now.
-Farm mythology by killing the first two bosses in Brayflox HM repeatedly. You can do this with the gear you have right now.
-Upgrade your relic to zenith.
-Afterwards, spam turns 1 to 4 for allagan armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom