• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

I haven't played since late September/early October when most of us were having a hard time with Titan except a few lucky/good players. (I was mostly unlucky with getting my Garuda weapon.)

Anyway, I'm considering to play a bit again.

Here's what I'm going back to: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/730700

I don't have a linkshell or anything probably on Hyperion. What server is Gaf on mostly? Also, I assume it wouldn't be free to move server?

I kept up a bit with what was added to the game. But what should I focus on if I start playing again? Don't think I can play intensively or anything, but let's say I want to grind out my level 90 stuff, what should I be doing mostly so that I'm not stock in queues forever? Also, are the dailies worth it?

Getting up to iLv90 is incredibly easy now. I'm not sure how things are on Hyperion, but it's pretty easy to start farming Coil turns 1 - 5 and getting your Allagan gear. People are more competent with Titan HM now (Actually, no, they still suck. Even with echo), but it shouldn't be too hard to get your relic now.

Kyolux

Getting up to iLv90 is incredibly easy now. I'm not sure how things are on Hyperion, but it's pretty easy to start farming Coil turns 1 - 5 and getting your Allagan gear. People are more competent with Titan HM now (Actually, no, they still suck. Even with echo), but it shouldn't be too hard to get your relic now.

Just activated, says I'm iLevel 67. Is that good enough for Titan? Can I just beat it in dutyfinder?

Also, is the crystal tower worth doing in dutyfinder as well?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
uggh I hate healing sometimes. I'm sure many of you heard me bitching last night. :(

Nothing more frustrating as a healer than being bitched at by DPS for "not getting heals".

I mean seriously.. DPS... if you are worried about dying from damage and it's not on a massive damage mechanic... it's not the healer's fault/problem. don't stand in the cleave. Stop standing in the fire. Stand behind the boss. And it's always the same. Always fucking melee DPS. I mean seriously, why am I having to spam Cure II's on you when I can keep the tank topped off with Regen?

ugghh... fucking melee DPS.

funny thing is I go through these moments of "I don't get why healing is so much in demand. I've always played a healer and love playing one!!" and then I get into these PUG/duty finder/dungeon finder/raid finder/etc and it all comes rushing back. I can't even imagine what it's like to tank.

Kyolux

Most of GAF plays on Ultros, with another group on Sargatanas. I just server transferred out of Hyperion myself. $18 for a server transfer.

In terms of recommendations on what to do to gear up:
-Finish your relic. You can do this with the gear you have right now.
-Farm mythology by killing the first two bosses in Brayflox HM repeatedly. You can do this with the gear you have right now.
-Upgrade your relic to zenith.
-Afterwards, spam turns 1 to 4 for allagan armor.

Just saw your edit. Thanks for the tips.

gryvan

uggh I hate healing sometimes. I'm sure many of you heard me bitching last night. :(

Nothing more frustrating as a healer than being bitched at by DPS for "not getting heals".

I mean seriously.. DPS... if you are worried about dying from damage and it's not on a massive damage mechanic... it's not the healer's fault/problem. don't stand in the cleave. Stop standing in the fire. Stand behind the boss. And it's always the same. Always fucking melee DPS. I mean seriously, why am I having to spam Cure II's on you when I can keep the tank topped off with Regen?

funny thing is I go through these moments of "I don't get why healing is so much in demand. I've always played a healer and love playing one!!" and then I get into these PUG/duty finder/dungeon finder/raid finder/etc and it all comes rushing back. I can't even imagine what it's like to tank.

I'll go with you next time :D

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Finally cleared Ultima Weapon.
What a party, no quits until we were done.
With 3 minutes on the timer remaining.

Unless it's a situation where party damage is unavoidable (e.g. Tumults), I have a zero-tolerance policy for any damage dealers getting themselves hit every five seconds. They're either gonna stay on the ground and get passive aggressive commentary from everyone else or they'll learn not to run around like idiots. It's cold, but they learn their lesson pretty damn fast in my experience.

And don't get me started on BRDs and SMNs that still manage to get themselves hit (especially bards).

Granted this is mostly in DF/PF stuff, but still. There's lag, then there's shirking responsibility just to place it on other roles. I've seen way more of the latter.

Wilsongt

The Atma of the Maiden does not exist.

Three weeks. Three weeks and not a single atma drop from there. Thankfully, I got the Atma from Lower La Noscea in only one fate.

What is the protocol for requesting melding or crafting from an expert crafter? Do people usually charge? Do I provide a tip for services rendered? I need melding for Relic and just wanted to make sure I went about inquiring the correct way. Sorry it's kind of a dumb question.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
How in the blue fuck do people still die to Titan HM before heart phase with a 30% Echo Buff

HOW IS THIS EVEN FUCKING POSSIBLE!?

Duty Roulette Trials brings the worst fucking players I tells ya'
First pull, whm and mnk eat single landslide after 1st Titan...fall (lolpun), get knocked off
Second, Weights are introduced, 2 dps die
Third, get to heart... mnk and the other healer eat LS, go off the arena, then the 3 BLMs we had thought it was a best idea to stack ahead of each other, so the Weights fanned out, killig all 3 due to them running into more weights, rather than away
Now we at 40% Echo... 2 people leave times wasted... ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

Try DR Trials again, get Moogle Hard, 1 shot that motherfucker, this one has so many mechanics to fuck you over, yet people played smart, always expecting stuff....

It was last DR before going to sleep, shit pissed me off to no end

ok guys so i bought PS3 version of FFXIV on the playstationnetwork store from my computer when it was on sale for like 10 dollars.

how can i upgrade that version to ps4? i don't see it as a cross-buy game whats goin on?

GraveRobberX

What is the protocol for requesting melding or crafting from an expert crafter? Do people usually charge? Do a tip for services rendered? I need melding for Relic and just wanted to make sure I went about inquiring the correct way.

You /sh for the certain Crafter than can meld your wep for you relic

"Looking for a "____________" for melding, need for my relic"

Then just ask how much they charge
They'll give you a response

I tell people to pay me whatever the want me to pay me for my services
Some get cheap and give me 1,000 gil per meld, then there are those players who give 25,000 gil per meld
Some players that are new to melding, need to be walked through it, I have explainied and help make them understand it, really bumps up your tip
One time dude just traded me 100K to meld some weird materia into his relic
I kept telling are you sure, this is not it, he said it was, I did it, gave me 100k
Then realized his mistake, asked for help, told him to go to gobbie in C. Thanalan to get materia removed from sockets, I'll do the right materia for free
Once that was done, he gave me another 100K for being so patient and nice

If you on Ultros, send me a /tell, I'm in Old Gridania at the moment, I'll give the GAF discount of free, if need be

IvorB

ok guys so i bought PS3 version of FFXIV on the playstationnetwork store from my computer when it was on sale for like 10 dollars.

how can i upgrade that version to ps4? i don't see it as a cross-buy game whats goin on?

Boot up PS3 version and set up service account. Go to Mog Station and find service account. Hit "upgrade to PS4" button.

WolvenOne

So, in the next few days I'm going to be backing up essential programs and folders for an OS reinstall slash PC upgrade. As of now I'm only really planning to back up Chrome and FFXIV, as Steam has everything I really need on Cloud storage and personal files should cover everything else.

So, what is the current best way to backup stuff like, Hud/UI settings for FFXIV?

Teknoman

How in the blue fuck do people still die to Titan HM before heart phase with a 30% Echo Buff

First pull, whm and mnk eat single landslide after 1st Titan...fall (lolpun), get knocked off
Third, get to heart... mnk and the other healer eat LS, go off the arena, then the 3 BLMs we had thought it was a best idea to stack ahead of each other, so the Weights fanned out, killig all 3 due to them running into more weights, rather than away
Now we at 40% Echo... 2 people leave times wasted... ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

Try DR Trials again, get Moogle Hard, 1 shot that motherfucker, this one has so many mechanics to fuck you over, yet people played smart, always expecting stuff....

It was last DR before going to sleep, shit pissed me off to no end

People get popped by weight due to connections at times I guess. From my point, i've seen people still standing in the aoe marker longer than they should be able to, and still not get hit...but i've also seen others look like they dodged a landslide, only to get ko'd.

BadRNG

So, in the next few days I'm going to be backing up essential programs and folders for an OS reinstall slash PC upgrade. As of now I'm only really planning to back up Chrome and FFXIV, as Steam has everything I really need on Cloud storage and personal files should cover everything else.

So, what is the current best way to backup stuff like, Hud/UI settings for FFXIV?
For windows 7(which iirc you said you have) Just copy the folder at

C:\Users\*Name*\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn

All ui/macro/graphic/gearset/etc settings are saved there.

GraveRobberX

People get popped by weight due to connections at times I guess. From my point, i've seen people still standing in the aoe marker longer than they should be able to, and still not get hit...but i've also seen others look like they dodged a landslide, only to get ko'd.

Me on PS4, I was typing with virtual keyboard 10 sec before said mechanic was coming, THEY STILL DIED...

You /sh for the certain Crafter than can meld your wep for you relic

"Looking for a "____________" for melding, need for my relic"

Then just ask how much they charge
They'll give you a response

I tell people to pay me whatever the want me to pay me for my services
Some get cheap and give me 1,000 gil per meld, then there are those players who give 25,000 gil per meld
Some players that are new to melding, need to be walked through it, I have explainied and help make them understand it, really bumps up your tip
One time dude just traded me 100K to meld some weird materia into his relic
I kept telling are you sure, this is not it, he said it was, I did it, gave me 100k
Then realized his mistake, asked for help, told him to go to gobbie in C. Thanalan to get materia removed from sockets, I'll do the right materia for free
Once that was done, he gave me another 100K for being so patient and nice

If you on Ultros, send me a /tell, I'm in Old Gridania at the moment, I'll give the GAF discount of free, if need be

Simple enough, thanks. I am on Ultros, but won't be logged in until later. If I see you on later, I might take you up on that. Many thanks.

WolvenOne

Something I've noticed about players whom have hit 50 just recently, and have no prior MMO experience, is that they are almost all reacting rather than anticipating. For many fights that's okay, and obviously even good players will be doing that for awhile on a fight they have little experience with.

However.

On fights like Titan HM and Titan EM, you need at least a general sense about what's coming up, so you can get ready for it. For example, if players are all over the place when Plumes are about to go up, they could very well trap players in hard to dodge positions, especially if they're lagging even slightly.

Of course there are other factors compounding matters. For example, a number of players still play fairly well zoomed up after hitting 50. I did this myself, and it's the primary reason I struggled with Garuda HM initially. (You can't see the boundaries of those Tornado's very well unless you're zoomed all the way out.)

Thankfully, I've only been in one party that was so bad that I couldn't carry them through with enough Echo. Though I've been in more than one where I ended up being the last man standing during the winning run. XD

Ken

Did you give them the GAF discount?

This is currently £4.95 in a sale for the PS3 with a free upgrade to PS4, would I get a free months gametime with that even though I have an account on the PC version which currently does not have gametime?

I'm guessing I won't.

You get a free month with each version you buy.

Does this ship to the US/work with US accounts? Is the free month separate from the CD key?

I'm at the point in the story where I need to do my first 8 man content
The tactician empire guy

I'm thinking I'll need Provoke right? My GLD was at 15 so it'll take a little while.

To be honest I'm a little scared. I can take 3 guys yelling at me, but 7 seems a bit much.

Tabris

If 3 guys are yelling at you, get more practice in dungeons until they stop yelling and start commending you on a good job.

When I started I would preface every dungeon with "I apologize but I'm new to this <content>. Any tips you can give would be much appreciated"

No one yelled and everyone was nice.

Of course you're levelling up in the PS4 generation where a good chunk don't have keyboards to communicate, and seem to be less friendly. So I'm not sure.

jiggle

3rd day in north shroud farming atma
Buckus

This guy that runs up to every fates, punches for 5 seconds and leaves
ATMA

Fuck this I'm done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom