• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

klee123

How in the blue fuck do people still die to Titan HM before heart phase with a 30% Echo Buff

HOW IS THIS EVEN FUCKING POSSIBLE!?

Duty Roulette Trials brings the worst fucking players I tells ya'
First pull, whm and mnk eat single landslide after 1st Titan...fall (lolpun), get knocked off
Second, Weights are introduced, 2 dps die
Third, get to heart... mnk and the other healer eat LS, go off the arena, then the 3 BLMs we had thought it was a best idea to stack ahead of each other, so the Weights fanned out, killig all 3 due to them running into more weights, rather than away
Now we at 40% Echo... 2 people leave times wasted... ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

Try DR Trials again, get Moogle Hard, 1 shot that motherfucker, this one has so many mechanics to fuck you over, yet people played smart, always expecting stuff....

It was last DR before going to sleep, shit pissed me off to no end

I think a lot of people who down primals like Titan HM and EX with ease don't really appreciate that there people who do have less than ideal internet connections.

Take me for instance. Before I started using battleping, I was constantly getting hit by titan's plunes and other aoe attacks. People gave me crap for it and for a long time, I thought it was due to my inability to dodge.

Once I started to use battleping, it made a world of a difference and I was able to avoid landslides and plumes with ease. Even people on my FC couldn't believe it.

The only sad aspect is that since I live in Australia, I have to spend extra money in order to play properly, but since I like the game that much, I pretty much have no choice.

I guess I'm a bit more tolerant of people suffering from lag since I've been on that side. I suppose one can say that he/she may as well not play, but something tells me that's not what S-E wants.

If 3 guys are yelling at you, get more practice in dungeons until they stop yelling and start commending you on a good job.

When I started I would preface every dungeon with "I apologize but I'm new to this <content>. Any tips you can give would be much appreciated"

No one yelled and everyone was nice.

Of course you're levelling up in the PS4 generation where a good chunk don't have keyboards to communicate, and seem to be less friendly. So I'm not sure.

Well yeah I do that all the time and there's not that much yelling, but sometimes I feel I'm doing an inadequate job and with 8 people and a queue that I assume will be long I'd like not to be the only reason our party wipes out.

I tried to do the 8 man guildhest, but even as a tank the waiting was too long and I gave up. I think I'll try that route again. I'm assuming Provoke is not needed for that one?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
^ (klee123 post)

I have a superb connection, but when I was on the PS3, holy shit

Titan Ex was so fucking bad, shit didn't load properly or way to late for me to dodge

I had to spend 2 weeks, practicing my ass off, jut to offset it, by always anticipating the next mechanic , got so comfortable, that I would dodge even with PS3 limitations

When a group comes together and a person or two say, lets die a few times and get the echo buff, you already lost in a sense
I just want to finish the objective, but somehow people lose patience real quick (I do too, I mean if the DPS is super slow on Garuda Ex and a 2nd set of Satin Plume and Razor Plumes drop with adds, yeah, that group is not doing itself any favors, even with wipes and trying to chase that echo)

Well yeah I do that all the time and there's not that much yelling, but sometimes I feel I'm doing an inadequate job and with 8 people and a queue that I assume will be long I'd like not to be the only reason our party wipes out.

I tried to do the 8 man guildhest, but even as a tank the waiting was too long and I gave up. I think I'll try that route again. I'm assuming Provoke is not needed for that one?

Provoke isn't Final Fantasy XI Provoke

Hate in this game is easily achieved, just doing your hate combo and maintaining it
Provoke is useful to grab aggro back easily, if you lose it do working on another mob or messed up a rotation

Provoke becomes a necessity tool when Tank swaps are need to be done
That skill will push you to the top of the hate list, so for tanks, to play off each other and keep stacks of debuffs in check, it is a requirement

klee123

Tips on getting some better gear as a fresh level 50? I think my average item is like 46.

Do the wanderer's palace and ampador keep. The dungeons are easy enough for fresh lvl 50s and drop armors at a higher level than your current ones.

Once you've gotten your ilvl to around 60s, you can do Crystal Tower for lvl 80 gear. Once you have a few ilvl 80 pieces, you can start doing dungeons like Halitali and Brayflox HM for myths and soldieries for lvl 90 and 100 armor. Coil is also good as well by this point.

Taruranto

How in the blue fuck do people still die to Titan HM before heart phase with a 30% Echo Buff

HOW IS THIS EVEN FUCKING POSSIBLE!?

FFXIV is a game that promotes bad behaviors and low skill, news at 11.

I'd refrain from buying any items on the auction house and just do the hard mode dungeons for i70 gear until you can upgrade from Coil Turns.

He should definitely get the level 50 jewelry, since there is not AF equivalent for it. Shit is cheap anyway.

Tex117

Banned
Do the wanderer's palace and ampador keep. The dungeons are easy enough for fresh lvl 50s and drop armors at a higher level than your current ones.

Once you've gotten your ilvl to around 60s, you can do Crystal Tower for lvl 80 gear. Once you have a few ilvl 80 pieces, you can start doing dungeons like Halitali and Brayflox HM for myths and soldieries for lvl 90 and 100 armor. Coil is also good as well by this point.

Can I do these with item level 46 stuff?

jiggle

Can I do these with item level 46 stuff?
No ilv requirement for amdapor keep and wanderers palace
Ilv49 for ifrit
Ilv50 for crystal palace

Doing daily story roulette will also net you myths for upgrading

I bought ps3 version on psn and yet on ps4 I need to buy again.

Do I need to initiate the game on ps3 first?
Yes
Set up account
Transfer ps3 license to ps4 thru mogstation

GraveRobberX

Yeah, but my gear is so low (46) I can't even sign in to the hard mode dungeons yet.

Do some of the Regular dungeons first
Don't jump into HM just cause

Do WP and AK a few time, earn myth, get a few drops, maybe a smidge of soldiery
It will take you at least 5-10 runs of each to get some good gear on you, and then you can start shaving off the old ilvl dungeon gear with Myth gear

CT is another route, but RNG plays a huge fucking role here
In a 4 man most of the time you have sole roll, 24 man (with 8 per group), you will get 4 chances to get gear for you job and hoping 1-7 others don't roll for it
It will take 1 hour roughly to complete it
While doing 2 WP's and 2 AK's within that 1 hour frame you will have a shot at 8 chests

There's many avenues, ilvl70 crafted gear is only worth it if you have the gil and want to shortcut yourself through some of the grind

Tex117

Banned
Do some of the Regular dungeons first
Don't jump into HM just cause

Do WP and AK a few time, earn myth, get a few drops, maybe a smidge of soldiery
It will take you at least 5-10 runs of each to get some good gear on you, and then you can start shaving off the old ilvl dungeon gear with Myth gear

CT is another route, but RNG plays a huge fucking role here
In a 4 man most of the time you have sole roll, 24 man (with 8 per group), you will get 4 chances to get gear for you job and hoping 1-7 others don't roll for it
It will take 1 hour roughly to complete it
While doing 2 WP's and 2 AK's within that 1 hour frame you will have a shot at 8 chests

There's many avenues, ilvl70 crafted gear is only worth it if you have the gil and want to shortcut yourself through some of the grind
Good tips!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Upgraded my bow today along with the allagan ring drop in T8 I can equip it and still have 506 accuracy. Not bad.

ZvgMCGY.jpg

Aeana

I would say it's more about putting in the work.

And being fortunate enough to find a group of people with similar schedules who work well together and are not at all flaky, which is a trial in itself, and one of the main things holding back a lot of groups in the FC.

Teknoman

Upgraded my bow today along with the allagan ring drop in T8 I can equip it and still have 506 accuracy. Not bad.

lol i had to do a double take. Looked like you had a wing for a second.

EDIT: Unknown, who are you on Ultros? I remember you used the same name back in the day, but i'm sure thats changed. Also I have no idea who Guy Incognito is on GAF. Just want to put "names to faces" so to speak.

Alucrid

Banned
lol i had to do a double take. Looked like you had a wing for a second.

EDIT: Unknown, who are you on Ultros? I remember you used the same name back in the day, but i'm sure thats changed. Also I have no idea who Guy Incognito is on GAF. Just want to put "names to faces" so to speak.

illyasivielveil

Jayhawk

And being fortunate enough to find a group of people with similar schedules who work well together and are not at all flaky, which is a trial in itself, and one of the main things holding back a lot of groups in the FC.

If only cloning technology was available today for people to "solo" coil!

Lol never have I been in a party so incompetent. I swear the tank was horrible and healer couldn't juggle the four of us. The vanilla Titan battle isn't even that hard yet we lost 4 times in a row. I just couldn't do it anymore. Absolutely awful.

GraveRobberX

Brought in our new SMN/BLM to Turn 6, they had went straight to 7 to help friend last week, so they were more new to 6 then 7

Took 6 tries to down it, explaining all mechanics and letting them see it firsthand than just telling him, good drops for the jobs as they were BiS pieces

Came into Turn 7, just to clean trash and maybe do 2 pulls, due to some had to an early work schedule
Got it to 45% but SCH locked on me, forgetting they had Cursed Voice, hitting and killing me + a DPS, so wipe
Try that new method posted on reddit about freezing 4 Renaults close to each other, just to see how it was, at 50% we just said fuck it, not working, went back to the regular method, and just did everything perfectly from there on
Two Shotted Turn 7, got myself a new i110 Necklace ^_^ (finally some Tank loot drops)

Tomorrow brings us Turn 8, better geared for it, hopefully mistakes are not a burden for us

You know, this is my first MMO and I'm not the greatest player in the world by any stretch. But how can some people be so bad? Its down right hilarious sometimes.

Teknoman

You know, this is my first MMO and I'm not the greatest player in the world by any stretch. But how can some people be so bad? Its down right hilarious sometimes.

If you only leveled up by FATEs or were carried through the majority of content by friends and whatnot, it can happen. Either that or just refusal to look at faults here and there and try to adjust.

I'm a pretty even tempered guy when it comes to stuff like that, but I do find myself talking to the screen at times lol.

The schedule thing holds me back at times...or rather my busy schedule tends to be a hassle for the Coil group. I do wonder if I hold them back at times.

Oh well

Teknoman

Tomo and Chocolate clear Titan Ex finally!

(about the coleseium gear...with all that dodging, clothes were weighing me down...yeah that's it...)

Also got my Kobold bomb chair, tonight was a good night!

Grats to you both!

EDIT: Oh you're Tomo lol, well thats another GAF to XIV connection done.

I was supposed to give it a shot today, but had to get some shopping done. Hopefully tomorrow.

chrono01

Congrats again.

I might be one of the crazy ones, but I like the way the bow looks. I'll [hopefully] get my upgraded weapon next week. I need that glow. I desire that glow.

Turn 7 down! Now to learn Turn 8.
Congrats!

Tomo and Chocolate clear Titan Ex finally!
Nicely done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom