• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

iE6KZfpqmAMEM.png

neato

many thanks to elrina for helping me out with titan df

Ronok

Hey, I finally mustered up the courage to start playing ARR. I started a few day ago and reached 29 Archer yesterday. I think I could have started using my 1.0 character, but I couldn't see the option... No matter though, I enjoyed starting from scratch. Once again, my character is Misaki Rena, so if anyone is on the moogle server, feel free to add me.

I'm actually considering changing server at some point because the server population is split between English and French. I'd have preferred a more English focussed server like Odin.

Oh and if any of the original Stars of Destiny lot are still around, tell me the servers etc... :)

Never forget!

Y1WOuun.jpg

dramatis

Oh and if any of the original Stars of Destiny lot are still around, tell me the servers etc... :)

Never forget!
Well, as far as I know, the Dodo is still around. Probably Jinko too since a Jinko is posting here quite often. Renta Hamster paid a visit to Ultros server before going back to his legacy character on Sargatanas where most of the legacy people are, so I guess you'll find most everybody there.

You can use your 1.0 character I think if you qualify as a legacy character? You might have to pick a legacy server or something.

Also, there are like, no monks in your stars of destiny. What gives.

Ronok

Well, as far as I know, the Dodo is still around. Probably Jinko too since a Jinko is posting here quite often. Renta Hamster paid a visit to Ultros server before going back to his legacy character on Sargatanas where most of the legacy people are, so I guess you'll find most everybody there.

You can use your 1.0 character I think if you qualify as a legacy character? You might have to pick a legacy server or something.

Also, there are like, no monks in your stars of destiny. What gives.

Ah cool, I think Jinko and Renta never left though right? lol
Depending on how many are still around on Sargatanas I might give it a try. I found my old character, but I've got no interest in going back to that one. If anything I'd server transfer. :)

I don't know, that was from the first week or so of the game when we just ran around after dodo's like you see there. lol Pretty much the only enjoyment I got out of 1.0. :)

I think I could have started using my 1.0 character, but I couldn't see the option.

If you go to the MogStation, you should be able to see your 1.0 character and what world they are on (if your 1.0 character is on a different service account from the ARR code however, you'll need a new code. They won't transfer them from one service account to another AFAIK)

kiryogi

Banned
Hey, I finally mustered up the courage to start playing ARR. I started a few day ago and reached 29 Archer yesterday. I think I could have started using my 1.0 character, but I couldn't see the option... No matter though, I enjoyed starting from scratch. Once again, my character is Misaki Rena, so if anyone is on the moogle server, feel free to add me.

I'm actually considering changing server at some point because the server population is split between English and French. I'd have preferred a more English focussed server like Odin.

Never forget!

Y1WOuun.jpg

Whoooa that image brings back memories D: Oh 1.x. Renta is done with 14, his return was simply a visit. Jinko is on Excalibur?

Jinko

Never forget!

Y1WOuun.jpg

Ahh good memories, I'm on moogle will add ya when im on next, if you need an FC let me know.

Stuart444

So due to the other page, I checked up my status on the SE EU store for my ARR soundtrack.

It's been dispatched, not even an e-mail saying so. And when I click on parcel number, it's DPD who's doing it (though it says it can't find my parcel so it must have been dispatched recently. Today or yesterday?).

At least since it's DPD who's doing it, I will get it without an issue. DPD are literally the best UK courier imo. Never had an issue with them and they even have a map where the driver is and a timescale for when he should arrive (and even says who the driver is). Other couriers could learn from them but that would give them too much accountability lol.

Looking forward to getting the OST :D

frequency

We did BahamutBehemoth last night. Some random lower level player ran in and died instantly. A few members of my party for some reason followed her/him and died too. Then complained that I didn't heal them and kept spamming for Raise which I couldn't do until later because they ran really far (I would trigger BahamutBehemoth trying to get close enough to Raise).

I'm sad.

But thankfully I should be done with healing soon. I usually love healing in MMORPGs but I just can't take it anymore in FFXIV:ARR.

dramatis

We did Bahamut last night. Some random lower level player ran in and died instantly. A few members of my party for some reason followed her/him and died too. Then complained that I didn't heal them and kept spamming for Raise which I couldn't do until later because they ran really far (I would trigger Bahamut trying to get close enough to Raise).

I'm sad.

But thankfully I should be done with healing soon. I usually love healing in MMORPGs but I just can't take it anymore in FFXIV:ARR.
The Bahamut fight isn't in the game yet...

Ultrabum

We did Bahamut last night. Some random lower level player ran in and died instantly. A few members of my party for some reason followed her/him and died too. Then complained that I didn't heal them and kept spamming for Raise which I couldn't do until later because they ran really far (I would trigger Bahamut trying to get close enough to Raise).

I'm sad.

Wat

Ronok

Whoooa that image brings back memories D: Oh 1.x. Renta is done with 14, his return was simply a visit. Jinko is on Excalibur?

ifEOP6B.jpg

I had all of these saved, but I could only find a couple. :-/

Ahh good memories, I'm on moogle will add ya when im on next, if you need an FC let me know.

Yup, them memories are pretty much the only reason I didn't lose interest completely. :p

Nice, see you in game soon. =D Yeah I could use a FC, I'm in one at the moment, but honestly, no one ever talks or does anything there. I might as well not be in one at all. lol

Those aren't the Stars of Destiny that I know (besides Mjunter)

Like I said this is from like the first week or so of 1.0. Maybe even the first day or so. lol The image was last modified 30th September, but I'm pretty sure the character screens were taken much earlier. I still have on my Onion helm afterall. =D

Caelestis

I saw that items like coke and potash are being moved to be bought with seals, but what about that 900 phil tomes oil item for the relic quest? Also seals?

Noi

I saw that items like coke and potash are being moved to be bought with seals, but what about that 900 phil tomes oil item for the relic quest? Also seals?

I saw a forum post yesterday that said we'd buy the oil with myth. Didn't specify how much though, so hopefully its less than before.

Edit: beaten twice over, gdamn

frequency

Something just feels off to me. I don't really know why but even from early levels it just never felt right. I hoped higher levels and harder content would fix that a bit but it didn't. Maybe it just the fast paced nature of it in the more difficult content.

I prefer slower paced healing with more emphasis on mana management and spell selection. Like using lower level healing spells when the bigger one isn't required to conserve mana. White Mage kind of has that with the Cure combo system but I just don't enjoy it.

I also just generally do not prefer the "dodge the red ground" encounter designs and it makes the healing gameplay annoying to me (having to interrupt myself to get out of the red).

I'm sure it's fine for people who enjoy more action-y type systems. I don't think there is really a problem with the healing system here. It just doesn't work for me as well as healing in other MMORPGs.

I think it's a lot of smaller subtle things added together.

Something just feels off to me. I don't really know why but even from early levels it just never felt right. I hoped higher levels and harder content would fix that a bit but it didn't. Maybe it just the fast paced nature of it in the more difficult content.

I prefer slower paced healing with more emphasis on mana management and spell selection. Like using lower level healing spells when the bigger one isn't required to conserve mana. White Mage kind of has that with the Cure combo system but I just don't enjoy it.

I also just generally do not prefer the "dodge the red ground" encounter designs and it makes the healing gameplay annoying to me (having to interrupt myself to get out of the red).

I'm sure it's fine for people who enjoy more action-y type systems. I don't think there is really a problem with the healing system here. It just doesn't work for me as well as healing in other MMORPGs.

I understand where you are coming from. It is the exact opposite for me. I just started playing a few weeks ago and the fast paced craziness is amazing to me. I have yet to work on healing though so my opinion might change with that aspect.

Never forget!

Y1WOuun.jpg

I haven't seen this image in a very long time.

If I remember right, it was Kessah who drew this? I never saw him again after the first month of 1.0. I wonder what happened to him and how he is doing.

Dunan

I knew there was something to figure out! On
the inside back cover
of the BD case, they
mention that there's a secret 120th track. I was doing all kinds of things using the regular PS3 interface looking for it, and couldn't find it. Turns out it's because I never got as far as the download screen.

Kagari, in the download menu, did you get a proper download URL and not a local IP address? Or are you supposed to get them from your disc as part of your local network? I don't have a BD player that's directly connectable to my computer, so I'm wondering how I'm going to do this.

Maybe I have horrible luck but this level 35 FSH quest is stupid. I've gone through so many fish, lots of HQ ones at that and I have yet to see a single Desert Catfish. 100 bait used later, not a single one.

I think you can only get one if you mooch. I wish I knew you needed one for the questline, I wouldn't have sold it. D:

Aeana

I knew there was something to figure out! On
the inside back cover
of the BD case, they
mention that there's a secret 120th track. I was doing all kinds of things using the regular PS3 interface looking for it, and couldn't find it. Turns out it's because I never got as far as the download screen.

Kagari, in the download menu, did you get a proper download URL and not a local IP address? Or are you supposed to get them from your disc as part of your local network? I don't have a BD player that's directly connectable to my computer, so I'm wondering how I'm going to do this.
It's a local thing. Is there really no way you can get it on your network? What about via internet sharing through your computer?
Does it not have the ability to save to a USB device like Before Meteor did?

Jinko

That's what I love about healing, it can get crazy as hell at times and you have to be aware of your timing and positioning. (but that can be true for any class really)

Dunan

It's a local thing. Is there really no way you can get it on your network? What about via internet sharing through your computer?
Does it not have the ability to save to a USB device like Before Meteor did?

So that local 192.168.x.x IP address is correct? Good to know, even if it7s not what I was hoping for.

I don't think my Mca and PS3 can "see" each other at all. I can load up the Content manager application on the Mac to see the VIta's files; is there a way to have the PS3 "broadcast" its contents to the Mac like the Vita can?

I once moved some music (Wipeout racing tracks) from the Mac to the PS3 using a USB stick; I now have some music folders in the "Music" XMB tab on the PS3. If I could get the FFXIV BD content to that folder, it would be easy enough to move it from there to a USB stick.

Come to think of it, an 8- or 16-GB stick might not be big enough. With Before Meteor, was it possible to save the music at a lower bitrate like you can when moving stuff from regular CDs to your computer?

This is my first time doing anything with a blu-ray and it sure is confusing!

Been trying for nearly a week now to reset my password using the only means you can do so, where they send you an email with a unique link and you use that to reset.

Problem is they aren't sending me the email. At all. So I'm being charged for a service I can't even access, fantastic.

Aeana

Been trying for nearly a week now to reset my password using the only means you can do so, where they send you an email with a unique link and you use that to reset.

Problem is they aren't sending me the email. At all. So I'm being charged for a service I can't even access, fantastic.
Get on with chat support and you should get it resolved fairly quickly.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Well I got all my crafts to 50!
alndqmx.png

Took awhile
Most were the true way of gathering > crafting, made roughly 2.5 million gil in the process from selling materials and leves

Goes nicely with my Gathering
YDhyuts.png

Now only DoW & DoM left...
wBGGntN.png

Will work on this casually, then as others have done, QUIT!
No I'm not

Wilsongt

Man, my coil group last night was crap. So far, there is a static team of myself and two other players who alternate between tanks and DPS depending on the turn. The three of us know what the heck is going on when it comes to Cadouch, but it's all of the other people we pick up that have a problem. We were fine the first couple of weeks we ran through, but the DRG we had kept dying instantly, the bard we had just couldn't feed the snake fast enough and kept dying, and finally our DPS was way too slow after a certain point.

=/ We recruited some new people into our LS last night, so I hope we can shape up that bard soon, and get a static healer or so. I can heal t2, but I'm not geared about to SCH t1.

Get on with chat support and you should get it resolved fairly quickly.

Can't find any options for a live chat with an assistant (bar the phone: nope), but I've sent an email to customer support. If they still don't reply then I'll just cancel the payment at the bank.

Aeana

Can't find any options for a live chat with an assistant (bar the phone: nope), but I've sent an email to customer support. If they still don't reply then I'll just cancel the payment at the bank.
The support site is weird. You only get the chat support option for certain problems, but you can finagle your way in if you choose something vaguely related to your issue with chat support ad an option.

frequency

I understand where you are coming from. It is the exact opposite for me. I just started playing a few weeks ago and the fast paced craziness is amazing to me. I have yet to work on healing though so my opinion might change with that aspect.

That's what I love about healing, it can get crazy as hell at times and you have to be aware of your timing and positioning. (but that can be true for any class really)

I can totally understand that. It just doesn't fit my play style. So unfortunately healing just isn't a good fit for me in this game.
But I really can see people enjoying it and that's great. The systems they have here are kind of unique so I wouldn't want them to change just because of me. I can't think of any other healers that play quite like either White Mage or Scholar mechanics and encounters wise. I'll definitely be interested to see what they do with other healers for future Jobs though.

I think I'll land on Bard long term. At least I can still be a little bit support and I can just focus on the movement aspects this game is designed around. If I really feel the urge to heal I'll go play some other game for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom