• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

After bitching about not seeing Atma of the Maiden for three weeks, I popped into East Shroud and grabbed that atma after one fate, then popped into North Shroud and got that atma after 3.

F you, RNGesus. F you.

Aeana

After bitching about not seeing Atma of the Maiden for three weeks, I popped into East Shroud and grabbed that atma after one fate, then popped into North Shroud and got that atma after 3.

F you, RNGesus. F you.
I asked you earlier, I don't know if you responded, but what zone are you looking for the maiden atma in? The in-game list has a typo, it is in central shroud.

Once my final exams are over tomorrow, I'm going to attempt Coil Turn 1 after jumping from ilvl64 to ilvl77 in a period of six hours sold/myth farming. I went through CT today through Duty Finder, and the party members were even more toxic than normal. ;__;

If the Gun-based class turns out to be a healing class, I'm going to have to make a very tough decision of ditching WHM; i'm only at 1/12 Atma, so I could "cut my losses" until an undetermined period of progression.

Tash

I really hate how grindy this game got with the latest patch. I don't feel like logging in because for SCH BiS I basically have to wait until we beat all the new coil turns as well as having to wait for all the dps to get their upgrade drops.

Doesn't help that non of the farm fights (EX Levi, Ex Mog etc) are super exciting drop wise for my SCH either.

So it's book farming, bray farming and I don't have a shitload of time to play in general so when I AM actually online I do stuff with my FC :/

The first Relic was so much better in terms of how you were able to get the items. It was hard fights that felt like you actually achieved something and not just reward whoever has the most time to play.

Once my final exams are over tomorrow, I'm going to attempt Coil Turn 1 after jumping from ilvl64 to ilvl77 in a period of six hours sold/myth farming. I went through CT today through Duty Finder, and the party members were even more toxic than normal. ;__;

If the Gun-based class turns out to be a healing class, I'm going to have to make a very tough decision of ditching WHM; i'm only at 1/12 Atma, so I could "cut my losses" until an undetermined period of progression.

Never go to Crystal Troll, it's not worth the trouble, especially now. Just pug old Coil instead.

Ken

iGlaUe7IiS75B.png

Number45

I'm at the point in the story where I need to do my first 8 man content
The tactician empire guy

I'm thinking I'll need Provoke right? My GLD was at 15 so it'll take a little while.

To be honest I'm a little scared. I can take 3 guys yelling at me, but 7 seems a bit much.
You don't need provoke for Cape Westwind, there's no tank swap mechanic. MT will take the boss, OT will pick up the adds when they spawn.

Tips on getting some better gear as a fresh level 50? I think my average item is like 46.
Clearing my MRD huntings logs got me an ilvl 50 ring from the achievement dude in Gridania, so that's worth doing.

Hasney

First time playing a MMO, met a random person while doing some early mission, gave me 50000 Gil. Are people always this nice in mmo's?

Not that nice, but I have met some nice people. A fair share of tools as well, like Garuda EX group last night who had 4 people in a party in, one of them said "Not playing with lala fags" and they all disconnected. After 2 hours of queuing.

You take the good with the bad.

Number45

Not that nice, but I have met some nice people. A fair share of tools as well, like Garuda EX group last night who had 4 people in a party in, one of them said "Not playing with lala fags" and they all disconnected. After 2 hours of queuing.

You take the good with the bad.
Holy carp. Hope you reported those mofos.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
First time playing a MMO, met a random person while doing some early mission, gave me 50000 Gil. Are people always this nice in mmo's?

I gave a lot of GAFFers when they joined the game some starter gil, food, and some minions just for them to have a little head start

Never go to Crystal Troll, it's not worth the trouble, especially now. Just pug old Coil instead.

I've run Crystal Tower a few times after getting it a couple of days ago and I've really enjoyed it.

Some parties have been better than others, but overall I think it's a really fun experience. I haven't gotten to whatever this 'turn' business is yet so it's been useful for me in getting some good armour without grinding for myth every day.

Eccocid

I think a lot of people who down primals like Titan HM and EX with ease don't really appreciate that there people who do have less than ideal internet connections.

Take me for instance. Before I started using battleping, I was constantly getting hit by titan's plunes and other aoe attacks. People gave me crap for it and for a long time, I thought it was due to my inability to dodge.

Once I started to use battleping, it made a world of a difference and I was able to avoid landslides and plumes with ease. Even people on my FC couldn't believe it.

The only sad aspect is that since I live in Australia, I have to spend extra money in order to play properly, but since I like the game that much, I pretty much have no choice.

I guess I'm a bit more tolerant of people suffering from lag since I've been on that side. I suppose one can say that he/she may as well not play, but something tells me that's not what S-E wants.

hmm i should try that Batlleping. I keep eating all the AoE's even tho i am usually outside of the aoe area. Especially at Garuda even tho i run to bubble before everyone else i still get damage.(bard btw). And my fc buddy told me i was the last one who entered to it.

Can it be cuz i am running game at capped 30fps? I am running in on the newest macbook pro. I can run 60fps but then it heats the macbook a lot. So 90% the time i play the game at 30 fps.

Tirod

Was so psyched to hit 50 earlier and just finished the main scenario. Last duty was really awesome! After the credits are done, I gotta actually watch the cutscenes. :p

I have to say though, even with my retooled UI allowing me to see more of the battlefield and being able to concentrate on the info I need to, the particle effects with even 8 people are INSANE. I can barely tell what is going on most of the time.

I can't even imagine the visual mess Crystal Tower is going to be, 24 people and all those spells going off sounds even crazier.

Time for the true grind, and to get my alt role of Warrior to 50 as well.

jiggle

Was so psyched to hit 50 earlier and just finished the main scenario. Last duty was really awesome! After the credits are done, I gotta actually watch the cutscenes. :p

I have to say though, even with my retooled UI allowing me to see more of the battlefield and being able to concentrate on the info I need to, the particle effects with even 8 people are INSANE. I can barely tell what is going on most of the time.

I can't even imagine the visual mess Crystal Tower is going to be, 24 people and all those spells going off sounds even crazier.

Time for the true grind, and to get my alt role of Warrior to 50 as well.
You can tone down or turn off the effects, including ur own

GraveRobberX

You can tone down or turn off the effects, including ur own

This

I don't need to see the same damn animations going off every rotation, gets annoying
Don't need aggro lines
Shit I kept my UI the same from PS3
I don't need everyone's name above them, I can just target you to see who you are
Keeping shit minimalistic, helps out a fuckton
Your FPS jumps by removing most of the clutter
Sometime having too much info is deterrent

You've saved my eyes and for that I thank you.

Turn names off, adjust how many characters are on screen, by maybe keeping first name but abbreviating last name
Or initial them if you wanna keep them

You know, this is my first MMO and I'm not the greatest player in the world by any stretch. But how can some people be so bad? Its down right hilarious sometimes.

blame square. 95% of the game is too easy. these people wouldn't have passed their class quests in beta. i remember people asking for help over shout. you don't see that in the final game.

GraveRobberX

blame square. 95% of the game is too easy. these people wouldn't have passed their class quests in beta. i remember people asking for help over shout. you don't see that in the final game.

"Why am I dying in level 40 level class quest?"
/checks gear... ilvl17....
"Umm.... get better gear perhaps?"
"Too pricey"
"Close to AF, I die to quickly, how do I get more health?"
"Seriously?!!"

Schuhu

Neo Member
i'm not sure if I should get books for my bravura atma or buy gear for my alt jobs ...the day i spend 1,5k on 2 skill speed is a sad day indeed

Hystzen

Damn woke up to my account been restricted message for connections or suspicious activity started to freak out.

Turns out was because my router died last night during Dzemael Darkhold was shut down for safety. Was pain thinking of a new password anyway aim to get near level 50 today currently sat on 44.

Schuhu

Neo Member
I got my War on ilvl94 with a waveaxe/ allagan axe, my monk/bard are 80/77 and I'll get my smn to lvl50 soon. I'm digging the smn gameplay so I'm considering getting him to higher ilvl first

MechaX

And being fortunate enough to find a group of people with similar schedules who work well together and are not at all flaky, which is a trial in itself, and one of the main things holding back a lot of groups in the FC.

Scheduling is definitely one big hurdle.

It feels like I'm behind the curve at all times because I can't get on as often as I wished, due to working full time + other RL obligations that I can't get around.

SAMZ

Just a couple of questions.

How do you switch servers and how much does it cost? I'm from the UK

Is it true they are patching atma's to make them easier to obtain? I've only ever gotten 1 from 9 hours of play. I gave up on them because I felt that my subscription was getting wasted.

Thnx GAF

Edit: is there a way to change your character name?

draw4wild

As a new 50, what is my responsibility to groups on DF? I usually announce that I'm new to a dungeon but I'll read a guide or watch a video just to not go in blind but so far the 2 AK/WP runs I've done were just speed runs and I learned on the fly. Also can I jump right into copperbell/haukke/pharos at ilvl 62 so I can unlock the duty roulette?

Was able to get my epic done last night in DF, was pretty much carried through Titan HM tho. In the 4 attempts I was able to live through 1st phase and heart no problem but was having trouble avoiding bombs in 3rd phase, couldn't figure out the safe spot fast enough. And I couldnt keep Garuda egi alive at all once bombs/wotl started in, what's the trick to keeping her up?

Managed to go from Lev. 26 Lancer to Lev. 33 Lancer in a couple of hours. Hope to reach Level 40 before maintenance later tonight. And I finally got me a second retainer (needed to make some space in my armory chest). So far, haven't sold anything at all and don't really need the gil at the moment, but I guess I can get some of the stuff I've been holding on to. Don't know when I'll try the retainer ventures or even bother to do them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom