• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hystzen

Question again...do you guys follow naming convention according the races lore?

Nah just been playing too much Dynasty Warriors 8 on PS4 before getting this. While looking at art book while game installed decided dragoon looks amazing named myself Wen Yang as he closer to a dragoon with his move set

bunbun777

Got 11th and 12th atmas last night, all in all not too bad of an experience though 2 zones were pretty horrible luck wise. Bought my first book for animus and a soldiery ring, ilvl 93 so far.

^ (klee123 post)

I have a superb connection, but when I was on the PS3, holy shit

Titan Ex was so fucking bad, shit didn't load properly or way to late for me to dodge

I had to spend 2 weeks, practicing my ass off, jut to offset it, by always anticipating the next mechanic , got so comfortable, that I would dodge even with PS3 limitations

When a group comes together and a person or two say, lets die a few times and get the echo buff, you already lost in a sense
I just want to finish the objective, but somehow people lose patience real quick (I do too, I mean if the DPS is super slow on Garuda Ex and a 2nd set of Satin Plume and Razor Plumes drop with adds, yeah, that group is not doing itself any favors, even with wipes and trying to chase that echo)

Provoke isn't Final Fantasy XI Provoke

Hate in this game is easily achieved, just doing your hate combo and maintaining it
Provoke is useful to grab aggro back easily, if you lose it do working on another mob or messed up a rotation

Provoke becomes a necessity tool when Tank swaps are need to be done
That skill will push you to the top of the hate list, so for tanks, to play off each other and keep stacks of debuffs in check, it is a requirement

I know this. That's why I was asking if Provoke was absolutely necessary for my first 8 man content (I'm assuming there might be swaps there, but I have no idea when or why they'd be needed).

Edit:
You don't need provoke for Cape Westwind, there's no tank swap mechanic. MT will take the boss, OT will pick up the adds when they spawn.

I hadn't seen that, thanks!

Aeana

We should have a GAF to XIV conversion chart ie.

Alucrid = Veronica (Branquinho?)
Unknown Soldier = Illylaislsiavel
Tiduz = Tiduz

etc.

Right now I'm in the dark all the time.

If people would put their GAF names in their FC short message, this wouldn't be necessary!

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Is there any way to get Vanya armor w/o crafting it? Love the look of it and will probably try to get it for vanity...

It taking a lot longer for these final levels, I'm 44 and that took me 2 days get from 40

Yeah, I figured it will get exponentially harder to level up these last 10.

I've only just got to Titan Story Mode so hopefully main quests take me the rest of the way.

Either that or I'll hit 50 trying to get those battlemage pants and gloves... last two bits I need.

If people would put their GAF names in their FC short message, this wouldn't be necessary!

FC short message?

Aeana

FC short message?

ff14-shortmessage.png

These messages are only viewable by other FC members. It's the perfect place to put your forum name.

system11

I do wish they'd do something to combat the RMT spammers, if it wasn't for a few friends who use tells I'd just block them out completely.

I completed my first myth book last night - wow that is a grind. However, while it took longer than my hardest to find atma, it was nowhere near as frustrating or annoying.

Atma farming:
1) Identify FATE with a decent timer still on it, accept that it is nowhere near your location or a crystal, and that there are ramps/etc to climb on the way.
2) Run to FATE, usually a long way. Learn to hate the scenery you previously loved.
3a) FATE is gone now. Too bad. Run back to central area.
3b) FATE reached, but it dies before you manage to level sync.
3c) FATE reached, it's a boss type, nobody is there to help. Watch timer expire if Chocobo can't cut it.
3d) Kill level 3 Cactaur x30.
4) Curse Square Enix, check map for FATEs, if none found return to central point.

Ugh. Worst experience of all time.

IvorB

There is a google doc of GAF players in the OP. I don't know if new people have been adding themselves though. Also, the servers listed for each player are all messed up. It says I'm on Cerberus for some reason.

Cool. I'll add mine then. Eremis Malefactor is I. I try to greet any GAFfers I see in the game and it would be cool to be able to match characters to GAF profiles. I've got one hotbar loaded up with emotes to try give my character some personality.

One last ten page essay until I can really dig into this sucker. Things have been too hectic to even log in with good conscious lately. And I am dying to see what's beyond the first 3 dungeons.

Thinking about using my fantasia potion to become a Roegadyn. My Hume is rather handsome but there seems to be a lack of those big dudes in Eorzea. I seem to recall Galka being rather unrepresented in XI as well. Since I'm building a tank character I want someone a bit brawnier.

system11

There is a google doc of GAF players in the OP. I don't know if new people have been adding themselves though. Also, the servers listed for each player are all messed up. It says I'm on Cerberus for some reason.

I dunno. Voluntarily putting information that consolidates parts of your online identity into a document in Google.

Hm. Think I'll pass. I'll put a comment against my profile in game though.

kaioshade

Atmas....

I cant do it anymore.

Outer La Nosces and E Thanalan......2 Weeks......no drop.....

Seriously, this game is draining the will to play now. I need a break.

This is quite possibly the worst thing SE has possible done with this game, aside from PVP.

Teknoman

Great to see these. I still haven't been able to find lyrics for some of the non-English songs like the guildhests; the OST is missing most of them. Even the victory theme seems to be saying something; I think they're in Latin but can't be sure.

I think it could be something like "Terra nata fantasia!"

The one at the end of the opening CG video is

"E-or-ze-a! Terra nata fantasia!"

On that i'll admit, I just thought they were vocalizing.

creid

First time playing a MMO, met a random person while doing some early mission, gave me 50000 Gil. Are people always this nice in mmo's?
Someone walked up to me a week or two a go and traded me a bunch of HQ crafted gear for my level 45 WAR, saying "it looks like you could use some new gear!" Made my day.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
First time playing a MMO, met a random person while doing some early mission, gave me 50000 Gil. Are people always this nice in mmo's?

When I first started some random dude gave me a full set of HQ armor for my class. I was very grateful / blown away.

Pay it forward!

I wanted to resist sooo badly, but I knew this would happen sooner or later so I jumped in today.

Character: Maxwell Adams
Job: let's just say a future BLM :p
Server: Ragnarok

Hedrush

The subscription process is a pita. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to purchase a game time card or whatever it's called. I eventually gave up and just done a recurring monthly sub.

Hasney

The subscription process is a pita. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to purchase a game time card or whatever it's called. I eventually gave up and just done a recurring monthly sub.

You buy them elsewhere and enter the code. It's a retail card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom