• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun thing to do in this game is type

/emote then anything you like

/emote is going to vote 'No' in the Scottish Interdependence Referendum.

Suddenly, a debate sparks!

WolvenOne

Keep waiting to hear something, anything, about the next Coil 1 Echo, and the Novus Relic, and all that.

Anyone heard anything? Need my insider scoop fix! D:

IvorB

Does anyone know how I can customise the cross hot bar you get when you hold down R2+L2? It won't let me assign anything there. Every time I hit square to assign it won't let me bring up that hot bar up.

Ken

Keep waiting to hear something, anything, about the next Coil 1 Echo, and the Novus Relic, and all that.

i hear they do this thing called a live stream information dump leading up to the next patch

you could probably hear stuff about it there

Does anyone know how I can customise the cross hot bar you get when you hold down R2+L2? It won't let me assign anything there. Every time I hit square to assign it won't let me bring up that hot bar up.

That hot bar is just Hot Bar 8.

L2+R2 is just quick way to access Hot Bar 8.

At default I believe R2+L2 is hotbar 8 but you can assign it to any hotbar you want through the options menu. To assign stuff to the hotbar you have to do it in the manner you would normally so if you have R2+L2 as hotbar 8 then to assign actions to it just assign them to hotbar 8 as normal and then when you press R2+L2 they will appear. It's basically just a shortcut added to switch to a different hotbar, it doesn't create a completely new one.

WolvenOne

i hear they do this thing called a live stream information dump leading up to the next patch

you could probably hear stuff about it there

Well I'm reasonably certain Novus and the next Echo buff are coming before 2.3. I mean, these are updates that we're supposed to be seeing very soon. Kinda want a timescale, so I can plan things out a bit. <_<;;

Hold R1 and select the bar you assigned. You can't use the R2+L2 combination to set skills in that hotbar.

Yep, it's a mount.

You can get it by getting Kobold relationship up to level 4.

How long does it take to do that? Today I'll be going from neutral to the next one, which took 10 days. I guess it's gonna be awhile. At the next level you get more quests though, so I'll completely focus on Kobolds. That mount is really awesome.

aceface

Hold R1 and select the bar you assigned. You can't use the R2+L2 combination to set skills in that hotbar.

How long does it take to do that? Today I'll be going from neutral to the next one, which took 10 days. I guess it's gonna be awhile. At the next level you get more quests though, so I'll completely focus on Kobolds. That mount is really awesome.

If you do all your daily quests with one tribe every day, it takes 10 days to rank up every time. So you got 20 more days left.

I didn't really mind the Kobold quests to be honest. They go pretty quickly and you get to blow stuff up. Dailies are also good cause they get you 6 ventures every day and a handful of tomes.

chrono01

Why do BLMs need buffs?
We're generally behind in DPS when it comes to fights. It's not a drastic issue, but for a class as...fragile as us, and needing to remain stationary for any of our skills [aside from Scathe while is weak], a little fine-tuning would be nice.

I'm hoping they make it so that the Firestarter/Thunderstruck proc can stack to more than 1 [since I'll often get a Firestarter proc just as soon as my current Fire I spell hits and I begin channeling another one, wherein I'll get a second proc just as that Fire I which over-writes the first], or even a slight increase in damage our spells [not for AOE, obviously, just for Fire I/III].

Someone mentioned a possible debuff that could be added to Thunder so that, when it's active on the enemy, a BLM's spell might hit for a bit more, say...5%? It would go well with the rotations, since BLM's already keep Thunder up as much as possible on the enemy [or they should be, anyway].

I guess we'll see soon enough, but Yoshi-P already acknowledged that our placement in current DPS standings isn't where he'd like them to be, which is why he's giving us a buff.

Personally, I'd like for the class to become less RNG reliant. As it currently stands, we're dependent on a lot of crits/procs for damage. I can often go a long stretch without either, which makes my DPS suffer. On the opposite, sometimes I'll be overwhelmed with them, which causes my DPS to skyrocket. I'd prefer consistency if anything, just so I don't have to reply on "luck".

Kenai

Every rank takes 10 days if you do the 3 highest rank ones you can every day. It will obv take less time if you do additional lowbie ones once you rank up though.

klee123

hmm i should try that Batlleping. I keep eating all the AoE's even tho i am usually outside of the aoe area. Especially at Garuda even tho i run to bubble before everyone else i still get damage.(bard btw). And my fc buddy told me i was the last one who entered to it.

Can it be cuz i am running game at capped 30fps? I am running in on the newest macbook pro. I can run 60fps but then it heats the macbook a lot. So 90% the time i play the game at 30 fps.

Sorry for the late reply.

If you're not sure, you can actually try out Battle Ping before paying any money. However, trial usage only lasts for 20 mins before it disconnects, which is more than enough for something like Titan HM.

Frame rate shouldn't be an issue.

plake

Atma get. I'd say never again but that's a lie since my WHM will want to get in on that action. Now for the books....

zryeGhb.jpg

XenoRaven

We're generally behind in DPS when it comes to fights. It's not a drastic issue, but for a class as...fragile as us, and needing to remain stationary for any of our skills [aside from Scathe while is weak], a little fine-tuning would be nice.

I'm hoping they make it so that the Firestarter/Thunderstruck proc can stack to more than 1 [since I'll often get a Firestarter proc just as soon as my current Fire I spell hits and I begin channeling another one, wherein I'll get a second proc just as that Fire I which over-writes the first], or even a slight increase in damage our spells [not for AOE, obviously, just for Fire I/III].

Someone mentioned a possible debuff that could be added to Thunder so that, when it's active on the enemy, a BLM's spell might hit for a bit more, say...5%? It would go well with the rotations, since BLM's already keep Thunder up as much as possible on the enemy [or they should be, anyway].

I guess we'll see soon enough, but Yoshi-P already acknowledged that our placement in current DPS standings isn't where he'd like them to be, which is why he's giving us a buff.

Personally, I'd like for the class to become less RNG reliant. As it currently stands, we're dependent on a lot of crits/procs for damage. I can often go a long stretch without either, which makes my DPS suffer. On the opposite, sometimes I'll be overwhelmed with them, which causes my DPS to skyrocket. I'd prefer consistency if anything, just so I don't have to reply on "luck".
I don't think BLM damage needs to be buffed, but they could do something about the issue of movement. I'm hoping to see a job specific enhancement to Surecast that lets you move while casting. Someone in one of my LS's added that Surecast could always crit. I thought it was a good idea. That way you're taking a largely useless ability and giving it a lot more utility.

I think allowing fights to focus more on BLM strengths would be helpful too. BLMs really shine in T4, but there's almost no other end game content where you need or even want big AOE damage.

I'm not a BLM though. I only leveled THM to get Swiftcast, so this is just based on my observations of the class.

BadRNG

I don't think BLM damage needs to be buffed, but they could do something about the issue of movement.
Heh, that's effectively the same thing. The reason BLM's damage is falling behind is all the movement required in endgame encounters. Your surecast suggestion seems to be the most popular, and I think that'd be a good compromise. Bake it into that awful Surecast trait they already have.

Heh, that's effectively the same thing. The reason BLM's damage is falling behind is all the movement required in endgame encounters. Your surecast suggestion seems to be the most popular, and I think that'd be a good compromise. Bake it into that awful Surecast trait they already have.

They could just un-nerf Scathe and expect BLMs to use it during movement heavy fights

Atma get. I'd say never again but that's a lie since my WHM will want to get in on that action. Now for the books....

Friggin' sweet. I'm grinding out FATEs to get my Bravura Atma'ed. I don't want to even think about the books at the moment, much less grinding out the atmas for another class. ;_; Though I imagine I'll want my Gae Bolg...

Alright guys, I am now at the Tam-Tara dungeon quest in the storyline and I still cannot summon my legacy mount. Is this normal ? This is getting weird.

Weirdest minion and it won't even follow you.

i57WTz1DHC38g.png

One thing that's cool about it is if you use scroll lock to hide the UI, it also hides the wind-up sun. I think it's so that you can use it as lighting for screenshots or something. What's weird to me is that yours isn't hidden! Mine always is! D:

Cmagus

One thing that's cool about it is if you use scroll lock to hide the UI, it also hides the wind-up sun. I think it's so that you can use it as lighting for screenshots or something. What's weird to me is that yours isn't hidden! Mine always is! D:

I took two screenshots in the same position. I did one with hud on and the sun and one with it off and then just combined them so it would show.

Alright guys, I am now at the Tam-Tara dungeon quest in the storyline and I still cannot summon my legacy mount. Is this normal ? This is getting weird.

You don't get the option of using mounts until you join a Grand Company and earn enough seals for a Chocobo License. That is shortly down the storyline.

Cmagus

People gotta chill out lol. So many rage quits today I can't even keep count. One day I will get a party and beat T5 one day....

klee123

Is it just me or does a lot of the soldiery stuff for Bard leaves a lot to be desired?

The majority of the pieces have skill speed which is pretty much useless for everyone except for spell casters.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Is it just me or does a lot of the soldiery stuff for Bard leaves a lot to be desired?

The majority of the pieces have skill speed which is pretty much useless for everyone except for spell casters.

Most of bard's BIS this time is high allagan.

Chest/belt/ring/earrings/(wrists/neck only if you have terrible luck), outside of those pieces it's pretty much all high allagan this time around. By terrible luck I mean holy shit luck where it's looking like I'll have to buy neck next week to even be able to use the upgraded bow because shit all is dropping, I refuse to run t5 again to try for the legs I passed on 3 times and a single ring/2 oil accs isn't nearly enough for the 31 acc I'll be off after getting bow if nothing else drops.

dabig2

Venting time!

My PS4 is starting to die. Over the past week it's shut itself off in the middle of my FFXIV playing time 4 times now. Has to be either the HDD or the power supply because when I try to turn it back on it clicks twice and then promptly shuts off. After awhile it gets working again, but the same thing eventually happens. This one time it started clicking like it was a time bomb for 10 seconds before shutting itself off. Sound came from the HDD area, so it might be that (I've already rebuilt the database in safe mode twice but no luck in preventing the problem).

What this means is that I'm terrified of doing anything party-related in fear of getting dropped, which sucks because I need a dungeon quest to continue on the main story. I'm going to call Sony tomorrow and ask for a replacement, but it sounds like the whole process of sending them my broken one and then getting a replacement could take a week or two.

I got the game on the PC a couple days ago but let's just say my laptop isn't a gaming one, so again, no dungeoning there either for everyone's sakes :p

Guess I'll take the time to level up some crafting classes and/or the magical classes. It just sucks as I finally resolved myself to stop getting distracted and advance to at least my first lvl 30 job...and then this shit happens. Double sucks as I'm done with classes after tomorrow and was planning on just living on FFXIV for the next couple weeks till summer classes start up.

Just my luck :D

ReaperXL7

Oh good times. I was going to jump back into this but apparently SE does not want my money. I have tried like six times with 4 different credit/debit cards and I keep getting an error (406 if I remember correctly) you would think of all things to not fuck up it would be taking people's money.

Anyone else had this issue, any fixes, or do I just have to call customer service?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom