• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzu

I don't understand how people still have trouble with the first boss in Pharos Sirius. Even though they say they know what they're doing. D:

I got yelled at by the whm for staying in the AOE... but I already had the debuff so it didn't even matter at that point. I was the only one to survive the fight anyway (Second Wind!) because the rest of the group stood next to each other and blew up when they hit 3 stacks. lol

Aeana

I don't understand how people still have trouble with the first boss in Pharos Sirius. Even though they say they know what they're doing. D:

I got yelled at by the whm for staying in the AOE... but I already had the debuff so it didn't even matter at that point. I was the only one to survive the fight anyway (Second Wind!) because the rest of the group stood next to each other and blew up when they hit 3 stacks. lol
What do you mean by "already had the debuff"? It continuously applies and when it goes past 3 stacks it explodes. So standing in it is harmful.

Ken

inZCQZkwAijeR.png

two rejections in one day. my lalafellian heart cannot handle it.

klee123

Most of bard's BIS this time is high allagan.

Chest/belt/ring/earrings/(wrists/neck only if you have terrible luck), outside of those pieces it's pretty much all high allagan this time around. By terrible luck I mean holy shit luck where it's looking like I'll have to buy neck next week to even be able to use the upgraded bow because shit all is dropping, I refuse to run t5 again to try for the legs I passed on 3 times and a single ring/2 oil accs isn't nearly enough for the 31 acc I'll be off after getting bow if nothing else drops.

*Sigh* Looks like I'll need to beat T5 asap then.

suzu

What do you mean by "already had the debuff"? It continuously applies and when it goes past 3 stacks it explodes. So standing in it is harmful.

If you continually get hit by the aoe, then yeah it would be bad since there's a vulnerability debuff (edit: actually I don't remember if there is or not lol).

If you stand in the yellow goop at 2~3 stacks it doesn't really matter at that point, as long as you're not standing near anybody else when you explode.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Just a heads up it is possible to use a PS Vita as a keyboard the same way as you can with the Playstation App. Someone asked this pages ago but I only just got around to checking it. Start up the PS4 app as second screen on the PS Vita and you can use it to type just the same as the iPad app. Pretty useful actually.

Dumb noob question: So I've been pretty well hooked on this for a while now, I'm still on my trial period, but I want to sub; does whatever sub amount I decide to do stack on top of the rest of my trial period?

Also, I was trying to do a server transfer to Ultros, but the buddies that got me to play this don't wanna pay the fee to move with me, so I might stay in Zalera. We'll see if they stick with the game or not I guess. Or we could start new characters somewhere else since we're all at less than a month played and level 40-ish on one class.

Number45

Dumb noob question: So I've been pretty well hooked on this for a while now, I'm still on my trial period, but I want to sub; does whatever sub amount I decide to do stack on top of the rest of my trial period?

Also, I was trying to do a server transfer to Ultros, but the buddies that got me to play this don't wanna pay the fee to move with me, so I might stay in Zalera. We'll see if they stick with the game or not I guess. Or we could start new characters somewhere else since we're all at less than a month played and level 40-ish on one class.
Yeah, it won't take the money until your trial ends.

And if you're new to the game and want to move, I'd personally re-roll anyway.

Phlebas

Banned

IIRC you can't add time onto your account while still in that trial period.

You can set up auto renew but it won't subtract payment until your free time is up.

fixing to hit 30 with my archer and got my pugilist to 15. im contemplating leveling marauder to 15 then going lancer up to dragoon but im not sure how long that will take, plus my sub just ran out

IIRC you can't add time onto your account while still in that trial period.

You can set up auto renew but it won't subtract payment until your free time is up.

This is exactly what happens. I remember wanting to get the the eyeball mount right away but couldn't because I was still in the trial period. It'll automatically kick in once your trial is up though.

Also gahhhhh, I can't believe I bought the wrong item with my solidery. >.> I feel like such a nitwit.

Number45

fixing to hit 30 with my archer and got my pugilist to 15. im contemplating leveling marauder to 15 then going lancer up to dragoon but im not sure how long that will take, plus my sub just ran out
Get your first class/job to 50 first, the XP boost to lower battle classes at that point is pretty damn huge.

This is exactly what happens. I remember wanting to get the the eyeball mount right away but couldn't because I was still in the trial period. It'll automatically kick in once your trial is up though.
Eyeball mount?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I think my favorite thing about this game is the weather effects. I love how you can see lightning strike in the distance, your cloak blow in the wind, and how your equipment even looks wet in the rain.

dr1BOn6.jpg

TCakhjl.jpg

Tirod

Can't decide what to do with my gil
Don't want to play anymore
But I don't really trust my resolve

It's best to hold on to it in case you do return.

I immediately regretted deleting my LV 47 Paladin when I left back in September and now that I'm back, I've just now gotten over that blip in progress again.

Having that Gil is great for whatever future patches + expansions come that may interest you.

danthefan

You know what just dawned on me, it's great having the game on PC and PS4 but in future I'm going to have to double dip on all the expansions :(

Yeah that's blatantly obvious but only just thought of it now.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Chest/belt/ring/earrings/(wrists/neck only if you have terrible luck), outside of those pieces it's pretty much all high allagan this time around. By terrible luck I mean holy shit luck where it's looking like I'll have to buy neck next week to even be able to use the upgraded bow because shit all is dropping, I refuse to run t5 again to try for the legs I passed on 3 times and a single ring/2 oil accs isn't nearly enough for the 31 acc I'll be off after getting bow if nothing else drops.

Why would you do that? Those pants were legit good.

danthefan

Are any of the Pugilist skills especially vital for a Warrior? I just got my Gladiator to lv 22 for Provoke (WAR is only 32), should I just get the Pugilist to lv 12 at least now?

WolvenOne

Are any of the Pugilist skills especially vital for a Warrior? I just got my Gladiator to lv 22 for Provoke (WAR is only 32), should I just get the Pugilist to lv 12 at least now?

Before the endgame, not really important. Even for most of the endgame Inner Release isn't vital exactly. However, there are moments when your party will be facing DPS checks, and while the DPS must carry the vast majority of that load anything you contribute will help immensely.

So while you don't have to rush out to get it right this second, I'd urge you not to forget about it entirely. When you get some down time, start getting pugilist leveled.

Why would you do that? Those pants were legit good.

Didn't question whether or not I would need the acc for Coil 2 when with full bis(myth legs instead of t5 legs) I was acc capped for Coil 1 lol. Taking those would have changed a lot of things though when it came to early gearing, actually had to use a DL neck to hit the acc cap in Coil 2 and then couldn't use the chest I got in week 3 for another week because I derped on gearing and didn't get wrists first. I expected there to be an increase to acc needed for Coil 2, just didn't expect a 23 point jump which threw things off with the gear I had at the time.

Guess the way I see it now is I'm far enough along to the point where I really don't want to rely on the t5 legs which would let me laugh at the acc needed to use the wep, when the next week there's always a chance the t8 legs could drop and then I'd have to change everything around again.

klee123

Well, do you plan on doing the hardcore endgame content?

Of course, problem is finding a group or static with similar schedules during the weekend is the biggest challenge. PF and DF are pretty much pointless since most can't even beat T4 via pf and df.

Of course, problem is finding a group or static who are willing to do it.

New statics have been forming continuously since PC launch in the GAF FC. We have a subforum on Guildwork specifically for threads belonging to Coil statics. Several of them have open spots right now. If you can't find one recruiting for the job you play, start one yourself.

danthefan

internal release and second wind probably

Before the endgame, not really important. Even for most of the endgame Inner Release isn't vital exactly. However, there are moments when your party will be facing DPS checks, and while the DPS must carry the vast majority of that load anything you contribute will help immensely.

So while you don't have to rush out to get it right this second, I'd urge you not to forget about it entirely. When you get some down time, start getting pugilist leveled.

Thanks. It's only lv12 so shouldn't be that bad.

yaffi

There's maintenance going on, so not sure what they're doing. That was just a launcher patch though, there maybe more once it's up.

Oh, right. It was just the launcher. Looks like I'll have to wait another 1 1/2 hrs to find out then.

klee123

New statics have been forming continuously since PC launch in the GAF FC. We have a subforum on Guildwork specifically for threads belonging to Coil statics. Several of them have open spots right now. If you can't find one recruiting for the job you play, start one yourself.

I'm actually on admantoise =(

Dunan

Venting time!

My PS4 is starting to die. Over the past week it's shut itself off in the middle of my FFXIV playing time 4 times now. Has to be either the HDD or the power supply because when I try to turn it back on it clicks twice and then promptly shuts off. After awhile it gets working again, but the same thing eventually happens. This one time it started clicking like it was a time bomb for 10 seconds before shutting itself off. Sound came from the HDD area, so it might be that (I've already rebuilt the database in safe mode twice but no luck in preventing the problem).

I suspect that the first line of your post is also the solution. ^_^

Artorias

Banned
Ultros is back up, and it must have just happened because there is literally nobody at Revenants Toll or Gridania. It's creepy! I'm alone in an MMO.

Number45

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Ahriman_Mount

okay so it's more then just an eyeball, but look at the thing! It's main feature is an eye. :p
Thanks! Obviously don't have it yet as I'm on the rolling one month plan.

You know what just dawned on me, it's great having the game on PC and PS4 but in future I'm going to have to double dip on all the expansions :(

Yeah that's blatantly obvious but only just thought of it now.
At this point I'm so pissed off with trying to sync between PC/PS4 I'll probably just drop the PC version completely. :'(

May have this game on my Laptop by tonight! Wanted to know how you use the 360 controller for this game. Do you have to dl something or can you just pop it in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom