• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
mURjKHK.jpg
new boss?

OMG! I used the same mouthwash when I lived in Japan! So nostalgic!

system11

Is it just me or does a lot of the soldiery stuff for Bard leaves a lot to be desired?

The majority of the pieces have skill speed which is pretty much useless for everyone except for spell casters.

You're not wrong, even the top end legs for example aren't actually very good, I'm stuck with level 80 legs because I can't pick which upgrade to go with.

I have the Ballad Sarouel, I could:

1) Bard's Tights - gain 4 dex and 34 crit but lose 21 accuracy (already a problem in coil)
2) Allagan Trousers of Aiming - overall a good upgrade but I'm not at turn 5
3) Weathered Auroral Brais - gain 9 dex but no acc or crit.

The compromise (sort of) choice would be:

4) Cashmere Skirt of Aiming - gain 4 dex, add 24 crit, stack 2x acc materia on it and then overmeld cheaper level 3 ones too to maintain acc. Costs a lot of gil.

I'm kind of parking the decision and trying to progress EX / Coil missions and focusing on the Animus books, while picking up the no brainer upgrades where soldiery ones are slightly buffed myth rather than full changes.

Going to hit T1 for the first time later on today.

Any advice for a first timer?

Edit: I play as DRG btw
Stay as far as your skill ranges allow at the side of Caduceus.

Having someone else near Cad means he'll do the tail swipe every now and then, getting some damage off the tank. If there's more than one melee DPS on your group, make sure you stick to one Caduceus and he sticks to the other for the whole fight.

dabig2

You're right; I was being a little too flippant with the "ventilation" joke. I do hope it's just overheating and not a dying HDD.

Hah, I wish that too. But it's in a complete open area and the first thing I did when the problem started was to clean the vents. No overheating from what I could tell either (going by feel at least)

Kyolux

Just wanna thanks Jayhawk and Wilsongt again for the tips.

I took a break from all the story missions catchup to beat Titan last night. First group I joined someone gave up after the second try because apparently the healer needed to learn to play.

So I joined another DF group and we got it on the first try. Even though I was dead for the last third of the fight or so. (I remember being better at avoiding those bomb boulders, but for some reason last night, I kept doing it wrong... )

Now to grind enough myth for the first bottle to finish that Gae Bolg (I forgot I needed one on this quest) and then to bring it up to zenith.

I only had time to try something familiar, so I went to amdapor keep, and wow did they nerf that place intensively... Demon wall is a joke now. :(

I unlocked brayflox hm and looked it up on youtube for the boss fights and it doesn't look too bad. But I was told by Jayhawk to do only the first two bosses? Should I expect DF runs to do that? Or that would be through a FC/LS/Party finder?

Anyway, it's fun to be back, I really missed it... just gotta avoid getting sucked into it too deeply or the wife will force me to quit again. :(

Jayhawk

The last boss in Brayflox HM only drops soldiery tomes. You can do full Brayflox HM runs until you cap soldiery for the week. After it's capped, you're gaining nothing from doing the last boss.

Kyolux

The last boss in Brayflox HM only drops soldiery tomes. You can do full Brayflox HM runs until you cap soldiery for the week. After it's capped, you're gaining nothing from doing the last boss.

What I meant was, are DF runs usually full-runs or there's a a lot of people that just vote abandon after the second boss or something?

BKJest

You may find assholes that leave after the first 2 bosses. But they are usually full runs. People probably need to farm soldiery/ kill the last boss for a book/ beat the last boss for the roulette bonus. I've never seen anyone drop after the second boss in DF.

2 boss runs are usually organised in PF or done by premades.

Kyolux

People go to DF Brayflox for the Soldiery and roullete. You're better off making a party and inviting people.

I assumed it was so, but I was wondering if it was otherwise. Back when we could speedrun AK, skipping almost everything, it was very common in DF too.

I assumed it was so, but I was wondering if it was otherwise. Back when we could speedrun AK, skipping almost everything, it was very common in DF too.
You can still speedrun Brayflox in DF, you'll just have to do the full speedrun instead of the 2 boss one. Should take you what, an extra 5 minutes if your group is good.

You can still speedrun Brayflox in DF, you'll just have to do the full speedrun instead of the 2 boss one. Should take you what, an extra 5 minutes if your group is good.

Really hate people's attitudes in DF lately. Everybody wants to speedrun, regardless of the healer's gear, and then wants to quit when the group wipes because the tank doesn't know how to assess the group and adapt.

Really hate people's attitudes in DF lately. Everybody wants to speedrun, regardless of the healer's gear, and then wants to quit when the group wipes because the tank doesn't know how to assess the group and adapt.
Yeah, seeing a tank getting a full pull while our healer is using Darklisht shit and barely has over 3000 HP is pretty depressing.

aceface

Reddit says no more echo boosts for coil. From the JP official forums apparently, they are happy with the number of clears so no need for further echo.

Hystzen

God damn this grind from level 47 to 49/50
Is depressing. Side quests seemed dry up, I done lancer hunting log, need seals for maelstrom hunting 3 and next main story mission is lvl49.

Going take ages grind FATE and dungeons especially with me leve cap hit

Is depressing. Side quests seemed dry up, I done lancer hunting log, need seals for maelstrom hunting 3 and next main story mission is lvl49.

You can just stay in towns and only play for the daily roulletes, you'll get to 50 by playing 30 minutes a day for 4 days tops.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
You can just stay in towns and only play for the daily roulletes, you'll get to 50 by playing 30 minutes a day for 4 days tops.

faster than that. I started doing DRLL almost every day I was on a week or so back and I've been 50 since about my level 45 Main Scenario quests or so.

DRLL seems to scale to about somewhere between 1/3-1/2 of a level between in-duty exp and daily bonus.

just lost connection with the game in the middle of a duty roulette....goddammit. Wonder how long it will be before I see my character on the character select screen again

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member

There's some sidequest chains that start in the Waking Sands, if you missed 'em.

Hystzen

Yeah I been doing beast quests and yup also done the whispering sands plot lines.

I'm about 100k shy of level 48 so won't take long as expecting still kind a drag wish overleveled bit more earlier instead of main story rushing

Hystzen

just the daily bonus alone from DRLL will cover that. I am really guessing you aren't doing your daily DRLL. Get on it!!

I will start tomoz had issues with some lag today for first time. Leaving it in a town will also give some that exp bonus boost from sanctuaries.

Still got one dungeon not touched that vale one I think. So do that as a starter for level 48-49 but man wait takes ages due to been DRG

WolvenOne

Ah, so 15% Echo is all we're going to get eh?

Eh, that's fine, and frankly that's probably a wise move. At 15% echo you still need to know the mechanics to get Past Twintania, it just makes the fight a bit easier to survive.

I was afraid that, at 20-30%, people would start ignoring mechanics wholesale. That'd actually be a disservice to anyone looking to tackle Second Coil though, since there'd be almost zero skill ramp up before that point.

Edit: Actually let me revise that.

There would be a skill ramp-up, but it'd essentially be Extreme Primals alone. I somehow doubt that even Twin would be any real challenge at 30% Echo, seeing as ilvl90 Myth gear is the new Darklight.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Are veteran rewards accumulative or do you have to purchase, say, a 90 day sub to get that flying eyeball mount?

accumulative. you get the specified reward when you've accumulated that many days paid for.

so you can either purchase 90 days outright and get the eyeball immediately, or pay 3 months at $15 each and get the eyeball as soon as you are charged for the third month.

SRTtoZ

What I meant was, are DF runs usually full-runs or there's a a lot of people that just vote abandon after the second boss or something?

Surprisingly no. I do a lot of Bray HM and i've had maybe 2-3 people quit after the 2nd boss in weeks/a month of farming it.

Wilsongt

So nine atma so far. Only have 3 left, and I hear those three are notorious for being the longest to get. =/

Joy.

However, I almost have my BLM to Lv 50, so I can start farming BF on PF now... Since they only want PLD/WAR/BRD/WHM/BLM and not SMNs =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom