• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunan

I thought it would eventually be revealed, but it hasn't been, so now I'll ask: how do you get access to the Coil?

I seem to be totally stalled with the endgame stuff, because I need to get my Goldsmith skills to level 50 to progress with the Relic quest, and there's another quest involving some Ascians lying in wait for me at Parata's Peace which is far too difficult.

And I have access to the Labyrinth of the Ancients, but have never seen even four of the requisite 12 members signed up for it.

Does one of these branches lead to the Coil? Which should I pursue now? Leveling my goldsmith is boring.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
i have a flying monkey.

LDe2JcQ.jpg

Phlebas

Banned
I thought it would eventually be revealed, but it hasn't been, so now I'll ask: how do you get access to the Coil?

I seem to be totally stalled with the endgame stuff, because I need to get my Goldsmith skills to level 50 to progress with the Relic quest, and there's another quest involving some Ascians lying in wait for me at Parata's Peace which is far too difficult.

And I have access to the Labyrinth of the Ancients, but have never seen even four of the requisite 12 members signed up for it.

Does one of these branches lead to the Coil? Which should I pursue now? Leveling my goldsmith is boring.

You don't need to lvl a craft to 50 for your relic, what are you trying to get done exactly?

aceface

Unless you really want to be able to affix the materia for yourself, why not have someone meld it to your relic for you? You shouldn't really go into coil until you have an i90 weapon so I'd finish up that relic quest first.

If you want to open coil it's the quest Alisae's Pledge in waking sands.

Dunan

You don't need to lvl a craft to 50 for your relic, what are you trying to get done exactly?

My weapon requires Level 50 Goldsmith to meld the materia, unless I'm understanding it wrong. When going back to visit Gerolt after obtaining the weapon, he says that he could attach it for me, but he won't.

Unless you really want to be able to affix the materia for yourself, why not have someone meld it to your relic for you? You shouldn't really go into coil until you have an i90 weapon so I'd finish up that relic quest first.

How do you get another person to meld stuff in my inventory? My weapon is a key item; I don't think I can sell it through the Market Board and then buy the melded version. Is there some other way to have others meld things for you?

If you want to open coil it's the quest Alisae's Pledge in waking sands.

Good to know. I might open it up anyway because I'll forget it's there if I don't.

aceface

If you are in the GAF FC just ask if anyone can meld materia for relic in the FC chat. Someone can walk you through it. Basically, right click on a person or select them and press square and "request meld" will be an option on the menu. Just make sure you have the materia and weapon ready to go. If not in GAF FC you could always shout in Mor Dhona.

Also for coil I believe you have to have the hard mode primals down to open it.

Man our market is so weird. The level 2 control materia sell more then the level 3. I can buy all the mats for a sailor shirt for like 85k and turn around and sell the silly shirt for 170k.(I will be abusing this until it fixes itself lol)

Phlebas

Banned
Man our market is so weird. The level 2 control materia sell more then the level 3. I can buy all the mats for a sailor shirt for like 85k and turn around and sell the silly shirt for 170k.(I will be abusing this until it fixes itself lol)

Yup light steel plates are down to 10k ea on my server.

The top and bottom both sell for 120k+ ea

The turn around is insane

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Aww that sucks we won't get more buffs for Turn 5 =/

It was hilarious seeing ilvl105+ Players with their High Allagan Weapon go to work...

Twin fucking melted
The MNK and BRD were pulling roughly 400+ DPS through the whole fight, during Dread phase 500+...
Jesus Fuck...

The Odin FATE that just occured...holy shit. Must have been like at least 50 people there. From not knowing where Odin was from all the chaos to the framerate drop. So glad I got a few hits in and decided not to teleport back to the Hut near the end.

Where do I go to alter my targeting again? I know there was a method to ensure only enemies were targeted mentioned in the PS4 beta thread.

WolvenOne

Trying to get my gear over i55...Is Wanderers palace really my only option to farm right now? Oh, and BLM btw.

Wanderers Palace, then Ampdapore Keep, then either Copperbell HM or Haukke Manor HM. The later two are the only ones that'll get you to ilvl60.

As you do this you should accrue enough Myth Tomes to buy one or two pieces of ilvl90 Myth Armor pieces from the store in Revenants Toll. With even a single piece of Myth Armor, I'd say you''re ready to graduate to Crystal Tower lvl1, which drops ilvl80 Armor pieces, Myth Tomes, and Soldiery Tomes.

Between CT gear, Myth Tome Armor, and Soldiery Tome armor, your ilvl should go up darn fast.

Edit: I'd only run Ampdapore Keep and Wanderers Palace a few times, to first, get some Myth Tomes built up, and second, to have a shot at replacing armor or accessories below ilvl55 with WP/AK 55 pieces. If you don't get any piece like that relatively soon, don't bother sticking around AK or WP. ilvl55 is overall sufficient for CB-HM and HM-HM, so long as the rest of your party is reasonably geared. Even CT can be tackled at ilvl55, I believe. Same goes for any of the end-game dungeon drops outside of CT and Coil. They're only really stop gap pieces of equipment, meant to get you by while you farm Myth, Soldiery, and Coil armor.

Basically, the drops at AK and WP are only of minimal value, the real value is that they're places that drop a not insignificant amount of Myth Tomes, that can be tackled with fresh 50 armor.

Yup light steel plates are down to 10k ea on my server.

The top and bottom both sell for 120k+ ea

The turn around is insane

Not that many people can make the things. Those that can, get to enjoy virtual wealth.

Honestly the Light Steel set is kinda meh, only the straps get dyed but the metal parts stay the same color. Loonh Gah, the Miqo'te standing around in the Amal'jaa dailies camp petting a drake, is wearing this set if you want a preview of what exactly gets dyed.

The Taffeta set looks amazing though, as the whole thing changes color and it's two-tone instead of a single shade. Such fashion much color etc.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
The Odin FATE that just occured...holy shit. Must have been like at least 50 people there. From not knowing where Odin was from all the chaos to the framerate drop. So glad I got a few hits in and decided not to teleport back to the Hut near the end.

Where do I go to alter my targeting again? I know there was a method to ensure only enemies were targeted mentioned in the PS4 beta thread.
Under the filter tab in settings you can enable custom filters tied to L1 + face button:

nfx9ROr.png

Phlebas

Banned
Not that many people can make the things. Those that can, get to enjoy virtual wealth.

Honestly the Light Steel set is kinda meh, only the straps get dyed but the metal parts stay the same color. Loonh Gah, the Miqo'te standing around in the Amal'jaa dailies camp petting a drake, is wearing this set if you want a preview of what exactly gets dyed.

The Taffeta set looks amazing though, as the whole thing changes color and it's two-tone instead of a single shade. Such fashion much color etc.

I have the Taffeta set glamoured onto my SMN and light steel set onto my WHM.

Tex117

Banned
Wanderers Palace, then Ampdapore Keep, then either Copperbell HM or Haukke Manor HM. The later two are the only ones that'll get you to ilvl60.

As you do this you should accrue enough Myth Tomes to buy one or two pieces of ilvl90 Myth Armor pieces from the store in Revenants Toll. With even a single piece of Myth Armor, I'd say you''re ready to graduate to Crystal Tower lvl1, which drops ilvl80 Armor pieces, Myth Tomes, and Soldiery Tomes.

Between CT gear, Myth Tome Armor, and Soldiery Tome armor, your ilvl should go up darn fast.

Edit: I'd only run Ampdapore Keep and Wanderers Palace a few times, to first, get some Myth Tomes built up, and second, to have a shot at replacing armor or accessories below ilvl55 with WP/AK 55 pieces. If you don't get any piece like that relatively soon, don't bother sticking around AK or WP. ilvl55 is overall sufficient for CB-HM and HM-HM, so long as the rest of your party is reasonably geared. Even CT can be tackled at ilvl55, I believe. Same goes for any of the end-game dungeon drops outside of CT and Coil. They're only really stop gap pieces of equipment, meant to get you by while you farm Myth, Soldiery, and Coil armor.

Basically, the drops at AK and WP are only of minimal value, the real value is that they're places that drop a not insignificant amount of Myth Tomes, that can be tackled with fresh 50 armor.

Gold man. Thank you.

Just beat the main quest and the last two dungeons were annoying as someone who was interested in the story, I basically didn't participate in majority of boss fights.

Man, I am lvl 17 with my Conjurer, lvl 15 with my botanist and lvl 15 with my leatherworker (also lvl 5 with carpenter)

Getting leatherworker to lvl 15 was a bit of a grind.

I can assume it just gets worse from here? :/

suzu

Man, I am lvl 17 with my Conjurer, lvl 15 with my botanist and lvl 15 with my leatherworker (also lvl 5 with carpenter)

Do guildleves if you're going to level crafting/gathering classes. You can get the tradecraft levequests from the adventurer's guild.

Do guildleves if you're going to level crafting/gathering classes. You can get the tradecraft levequests from the adventurer's guild.

OMG! I did that for the conjurer and the botanist, but forgot about them for the leatherworker

hahahahahahah Im such an idiot!!!! :p

Thank you for reminding me. :)

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

Do you have anything at 20? I'd get your CNJ there ASAP for your Chocobo.

Do you have anything at 20? I'd get your CNJ there ASAP for your Chocobo.

My highest is the conjurer.

Didnt know about chocobos.

I find MMOs overwhelming. Too much info. Thats why this game is the first Im commiting to seriously.

Im reading about things slowly.

Thanks for letting me know this. Will research a bit and do it. I want a chocobo. :)

One of my favorite new pastimes is making or joining Treasure Hunt parties in Party Finder. Everyone brings their own peisteskin maps; the random drops go to whoever, and anything rolled is claimed by the owner of the map unless they decide to pass on it. I've made a ton selling Dress Material and some other things from those.

Ken

One of my favorite new pastimes is making or joining Treasure Hunt parties in Party Finder. Everyone brings their own peisteskin maps; the random drops go to whoever, and anything rolled is claimed by the owner of the map unless they decide to pass on it. I've made a ton selling Dress Material and some other things from those.

One of mine is staring at the back wall of the house.

I like doing treasure maps but when people have more than 1...it can take quite a while. I don't even bother gathering Pieteskin maps since the FC rarely does map parties, just Boarskin.

Teknoman

I never see any treasure map parties. D: I've been just doing the solo maps.

I like doing treasure maps but when people have more than 1...it can take quite a while. I don't even bother gathering Pieteskin maps since the FC rarely does map parties, just Boarskin.

I think it would be better if the maps spawned unique monsters not seen elsewhere /just in dungeons, or they usually ended up in areas/underground caves/etc. in the world that quests or leves wouldnt take you.

Kind of like Red Dead Redemption's maps.

jfkgoblue

This is my first real mmo( used to play runescape though) and I am really enjoying went in blind and chose gladiator as my main class. Found out when I started doing guild heists/ dungeons that as a tank, you are expected to lead the dungeon, so I started out doing that rough, but after some practice I got better at it.

But is it just me, or does everyone just give the tank the player com if he is a halfway decent tank? Because every duty I always end up with 1-2 coms

My se account is the same as my name here and I need friends on the game... Lol

jiggle

Hydelin had mercy on me on my last day
1/1 atma north shroud
followed immediately by
1/1 atma east shroud
and then
1/6 atma central shroud

maybe I'll cone back for some myth grind in 2.3

Found a giant penis in south shroud

Status
Not open for further replies.