• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMBored

So I did my first 8 man content (the boss fight) and man what a clusterfuck. I have no idea what happened, probably got hit by every single AoE and attack there was, yet my health never went below half and the fight was over in a second. So I have no idea if the fight even had interesting mechanics or not.

A little disappointing if I'm being honest.

Cape westwind doesn't have any real mechanic, the only new thing is the off tank picks up ads. The 8 player missions are really messy the first times, only after a while do you get the general flow of the combats.

Cape westwind doesn't have any real mechanic, the only new thing is the off tank picks up ads. The 8 player missions are really messy the first times, only after a while do you get the general flow of the combats.

And how do you determine who's the MT and the OT? I was watching the cutscene (which is short) so I was a bit late starting the fight. I just stuck to the boss (I'm a WAR), I have no idea what the other tank was doing.

SkyOdin

And how do you determine who's the MT and the OT? I was watching the cutscene (which is short) so I was a bit late starting the fight. I just stuck to the boss (I'm a WAR), I have no idea what the other tank was doing.

Stuff like who is MT and OT is usually sorted out in chat before any given fight starts. Or at least, it should be. Someone being uncommunicative and just rushing in to pull the boss without sorting this stuff out is the sign of a bad group.

I don't think there is any given rule about who is MT or OT, particularly since one or the other could be the harder task depending on the particular fight. It ranges from Titan HM, where there isn't even a job for the OT to do, to Good King Moggle Mog, where the OT has to do twice the work of the MT.

Anyways, enjoy the rest of the end of the main story. It can be really fun.

IvorB

Not long now until I can sink into another blissful FF XIV binge. Yesterday my internet was down and they said they didn't know when it would be back up. If that sh*t is not fixed when I get home I am going to go thermo-f**king-nuclear. I swear to god.

(Deleted) means the character no longer exists. Most of the time it means they transferred off the server.

yea, i thought that person deleted their character, along with the fc. the fc was gone, i know that for sure. but yesterday i saw her in the game once more, which was strange. i didn't want to pester her. so i will just assume it was a transfer --> transfer back for now.

Does anyone else here have the problem where the game gets a bit blurry while playing in fullscreen? In borderless window mode it looks good and sharp but when I put it on fullscreen it's like I'm playing a CoD game.

Aeana

Does anyone else here have the problem where the game gets a bit blurry while playing in fullscreen? In borderless window mode it looks good and sharp but when I put it on fullscreen it's like I'm playing a CoD game.

Sounds like your fullscreen resolution is not set to the native resolution of your display.

I've played up to the endgame as a DRG on the PS4.

I'm starting to level my MRD now,

does anybody have any tips on tanking/targeting with a controller?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I've decided to not re up for the next month. Thanks for everything. Please feel free to remove me from the FC to make room. Tyrant AJ.

Noi

Re: dungeon speedruns, I can usually "blame" the tank for that, since tanks are really the ones who set the pace for how quickly one goes through a dungeon. Personally, whenever I get a dungeon that's SR-able, I always do one slightly bigger than normal pull to test the waters and see if the rest of the party is willing/capable to play ball. If it takes too long to kill the mobs I proceed at a slower pace, otherwise I go full steam ahead. Same with cutscene viewing, I'll always wait for everyone to get out of a cutscene before pulling in the main story roulette and even walk out of the arena if some asshat pulls before everyone is out. Let's see them try to beat it with potentially no tank (though there's not much one can do about
Lahabrea
, unfortunately).

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
How does this even happen?

GNdiZrH.jpg

Wow. This has happened to me like 3 times now. Everytime I try to launch the game on my PS4 I get a black screen. I can't close the application because it's impossible when this happens. If I try shutting off my PS4 I get that rotating white circle that never goes away unless I unplug the system. It's getting kinda irritating

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Why is their so many awkward pauses, dead silence coming through

Get them some PR training yo', this is some shoot the shit and oh yeah this is the info JP gave us...

DJIzana

Pretty sweet stuff from that episode of Duty Commenced.

Couple things that caught my eye the most:

FFXIV DX11 version is still being planned to release by the end of the year.

Chocobo companion ranks will be increased and you can feed your chocobos, eventually be able to breed them etc...

2 person mounts will be nice.

No Golden Saucer for 2.3.

The team is looking at adding unique animations for each class when performing a Limit Break.

I'm sure I missed some others but yeah... those stood out to me the most.

Pretty sweet stuff from that episode of Duty Commenced.

Couple things that caught my eye the most:

FFXIV DX11 version is still being planned to release by the end of the year.

Chocobo companion ranks will be increased and you can feed your chocobos, eventually be able to breed them etc...

2 person mounts will be nice.

No Golden Saucer for 2.3.

The team is looking at adding unique animations for each class when performing a Limit Break.

I'm sure I missed some others but yeah... those stood out to me the most.

All of these things are already known, though.

All of these things are already known, though.

What the stream is pretty much for is to reach out to people who may not go to the forums very often but see that notice on the launcher and wonder wtf it is. For those people it's pretty nice since it goes over all the info they've said in dev posts for the last few weeks, for people like me however whom stalk the forums(even though I can't post anymore) it's pretty worthless since I knew about most of this within hours of it being posted.

Honestly expected something to be said this time though even if it was just a release date for 2.28, that however sounds almost confirmed to be after the live letter when even the mods kept saying "novus would be talked about during the letter". Why waste time talking about it if it came out before the letter and all the info was known within possibly hours of it going live?

DJIzana

What the stream is pretty much for is to reach out to people who may not go to the forums very often but see that notice on the launcher and wonder wtf it is. For those people it's pretty nice since it goes over all the info they've said in dev posts for the last few weeks, for people like me however whom stalk the forums(even though I can't post anymore) it's pretty worthless since I knew about most of this within hours of it being posted.

Honestly expected something to be said this time though even if it was just a release date for 2.28, that however sounds almost confirmed to be after the live letter when even the mods kept saying "novus would be talked about during the letter". Why waste time talking about it if it came out before the letter and all the info was known within possibly hours of it going live?

Reassurance about roughly when to expect these things is never a bad thing either though. Even if you do search the forums. Granted... it is Square Enix so that re-assurance may not mean much at all lol.

DJIzana

What I want to know... why can't I glamour my gear obtained from the Odin FATE yet? Even though it's a two piece set... there has to be a way to allow this. :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom