• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only fought Odin once and it was the shitty lvl 60 Odin and got a single mantle. I wanted the barding but I'm not doing that shit at least two more times, fuck that.

After the initial rush, I always end up going to Odin fights only to stand outside and revive a bunch of dead people. I don't bother with it otherwise

WolvenOne

I only need to get Silver one more time to get the Odin sword, which Thankfully both swag and something I can easily set to vanity.

Sadly I was late to the party the last couple times Odin has spawned, and you kinda need to be there fairly early to have a decent shot at silver or gold.

Hopefully I get it one of the next few times he spawns. Also, hopefully we get some more Odin items at some point.

Edit: also, can't wait until they get around to having a non-fate version of Odin to fight. The base mechanics of that fight could very easily be expanded out into a satisfying trial.

Zomba13

I just want to gold Odin one more time (maybe 2 if we get some cool black armour for tanks in the future for vanity).
Got my Zantetsuken for Vanity and I want the barding for my choco.

Zomba13

Should add new items to buy with Odin mantles and Behemoth horns. Can't do a Behemoth mount as that's already a veteran reward but could have something like Sleipnir as a mount for 10 mantles or more Bhemoth weapons, like claws for MNK for 5 horns. Make them worth hunting.

I too am considering this for PS4. Have the collector's edition preordered but still debating if I would have the time to put in to play a MMO.

Much of the game is soloable so you're not constrained time wise as you may have been on other MMOs where you have to organise events with people. It's easy to jump in and out.

Taruranto

I haven't seen Odin since... December probably? I've seen people will Odin armor, sword, chocobo, but I find very hard to be online when he appears. I have like 2 tokens

Maybe it will get better now that the game will have some content again and there will be more reason to stay logged in.

Isaccard

cthulhu12.jpg

Since you asked so nicely.

Starting to like you. Keep it up

Edit: yeah you can file Odin under shit nobody cares about. After that revelation about the armour that fate is as good as dead. I'm sure they'll find some way to make you want to keep doing it

Stuart444

So me and Alice attempted T4 today and I'm feeling so.. grr after it.

Took us a lot of tries to get onto the same page. We finally reached phase 6 consecutively but the Tank blew most of his CDs before that causing him to have none and die a lot.

Exit to repair gear and such and a few folks discussed the tanks CDs and how to use them.

Go in again and we get so close, we do everything right and the Tank kept himself alive better allowing the heals to get to him in time. BUUUT one BLM (who died near the start of the run) messed up at the end.

No problem, let's get it down next time. NOOOO, we do it perfectly again but the other healer we picked up messed up and died causing yet another wipe and we lost the healer and the group disbanded. :( It hurts, we were so so so so so close, doing everything right until then.

We've resigned our fate to not getting T4 done until after 2.2 hits. Spend 2 hours doing that tonight.

On the bright side: We both learned a few things. I learned how to AoE things better for less TP during Phase 1. Before that I had to use Invigorate at the start just as Phase 2 hits but now I can last until Phase 3 before needing to use Invigorate. Alice was better able to conserve MP by managing her heals a little better as we progressed. So that's some progress for us.

Still hurts how f'ing close we were though :(

Hopefully the patch is available early like tomorrow evening, would be nice not to have to stay up for a bit to download it and then go to sleep.

Stuart444

Bit of a Scholar question for folks:

When do you SCH folk use Sacred Soil? I find myself using it quite a bit (though in fights where I know things may be difficult dmg wise, I tend to save stacks for lustrate or for mp during longer fights) but in CT and dungeons (even when I'm on my DRG and there is another SCH healing us), I hardly see SCHs use Sacred Soil at all.

I see it as a waste when you know it could help and/or you know your aetherflow will be off CD by the time you need it for lustrate. But I hardly see it used, you're more likely to see a Shadow Flare than a Sacred Soil from some of the SCHs I've been with.

aceface

Bit of a Scholar question for folks:

When do you SCH folk use Sacred Soil? I find myself using it quite a bit (though in fights where I know things may be difficult dmg wise, I tend to save stacks for lustrate or for mp during longer fights) but in CT and dungeons (even when I'm on my DRG and there is another SCH healing us), I hardly see SCHs use Sacred Soil at all.

I see it as a waste when you know it could help and/or you know your aetherflow will be off CD by the time you need it for lustrate. But I hardly see it used, you're more likely to see a Shadow Flare than a Sacred Soil from some of the SCHs I've been with.

I use sacred soil when I have stacks to burn or when I know there big damage coming that everyone will be grouped up for. I could use it more in dungeons I guess but there's hardly ever enough damage being dealt to make it necessary. Same for all my fairy cool downs really, I could use them more but I only really use them in big boss battles when I need them.

Ken

katella's guide to 2.2 quest unlocking
http://katella.wordpress.com/2014/03/21/unlocking-2-2-content-where-to-start/

"Related Quest: ????(Name TBA – )
Quest NPC: Alisaie

intredasting.....
i have a feeling it's the zodiac quest

completing t5 throws you into n. thanalan

i have to guess it's the quest that directs you towards the second coil

speaking of t5 congrats to nuadha tia for beating it through PF! i never thought you could do it.

kiryogi

Banned
About a week.

I dunno if they were having server troubles (not the game servers) but the email to reset my password just wasn't coming through.

Hopefully the whole situation shouldn't happen again though as I've started that one-time password business.

Anyone *active* on Sargatanas? (Probably mispelled, can never remember it)

You rang? XD

reddot.guildwork.com

suzu

I kinda still want to finish collecting the healer and drg stuff from CT.. I wish I could get the blue onion helm too for vanity.

My pc decided it was a good time to die. Hopefully I'll get my replacement parts in soon. D:

So going to do a long live stream on Thursday for patch 2.2. Going to guess it will be a disaster (Error 9000s, queue lines of forever, and lag fest). But will still try. Any GAFers who want to do stuff give me a shout in game. I can also get on mumble if anyone wants to chat during it (and be on the stream). There will be plenty of trolls. And Guy, you better be back.

Congrats Tia!

And i feel they need to do something with fishing. I fished a lot this weekend and most of them outside of the countless hammerhead sharks, some silver sharks and red coral...is totally useless! I even caught a one star fish at 38, the Giant catfish and was so annoyed i couldn't use it for anything. As opposed to something like BTN where everything i gather can be useful.

Congrats Tia!

And i feel they need to do something with fishing. I fished a lot this weekend and most of them outside of the countless hammerhead sharks, some silver sharks and red coral...is totally useless! I even caught a one star fish at 38, the Giant catfish and was so annoyed i couldn't use it for anything. As opposed to something like BTN where everything i gather can be useful.

During the reveal of the overhauled Fishing system pre-release, they said Fishing would mainly be for "fun"/hobby.

Apoptomon

Congratulations Wolven/ N'uadha Tia for your Coil win!

Fishing was the first of the DoL's that I tried, and I also felt a bit put off by the fact that only some of the fish were useful aside from selling (but then I only took it to lvl 18 and don't have a crafter job that uses fish). Unfortunately I think there was talk that it was intentionally that way (and mechanically different from miner/botanist) because it wasn't supposed to be a serious gathering job but a "relaxing" thing to do on the side (Again, this is hearsay from a while back, so take it with a grain of salt to your nearest CUL).

Also, in somewhat pre-emptive celebration of 2.2's imminence, here's a couple pics of People Standing on Masonry:

During the reveal of the overhauled Fishing system pre-release, they said Fishing would mainly be for "fun"/hobby.

Well I guess that makes sense, it is much more relaxing than the other gathering jobs. Oh well, it is what it is.

I will keep gathering my sharks for the future aquarium.

Can I help with the FC gardening...=D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom