• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noi

What I want to know... why can't I glamour my gear obtained from the Odin FATE yet? Even though it's a two piece set... there has to be a way to allow this. :S

If you mean the body, that's not a two-piece. It's a four-piece, which has led to problems with implementing it in Glamour due to the way its set up. Dev team has already said that finding a way to implement it properly isn't a priority, which really sucks.

DJIzana

If you mean the body, that's not a two-piece. It's a four-piece, which has led to problems with implementing it in Glamour due to the way its set up. Dev team has already said that finding a way to implement it properly isn't a priority, which really sucks.

I just mean the whole thing overall... yeah. The body takes up 4 slots but there's only the body and head that you can get.

Either way, yeah... that does suck. Wish they didn't implement it that way. I guess I'll just have to equip it whenever I want to look even cooler than normal. :p

Thanks for clarifying this!

aceface

It's a decent little livestream for people who don't or aren't checking for FFXIV news on reddit.

In the last one they said that the next step up for relic upgrading would involve sphere boards, which I hadn't heard before. Nice little shout out to FFX.

Cloudy

Banned
I'd been playing this on my ps3 3DTV but I finally put the ps4 back in the entertainment center today (MLB14) and it looks like a different game on my Vizio. They are both 1080p but the vivid display is just too good.

Not sure I want to go back so where can I get a good deal on a wireless keyboard and mouse?

I don't think anyone replied me but I got this wireless kb/touchpad combo at BB tonight

81wMFKCb7vL._SL1500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005DKZTMG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

It's fantastic and pretty cheap

WolvenOne

So, it sounds like absolutely no news came out of the whole Duty Commenced thing.

Real shame, I do realize that they're saving the big reveals for the Live Letter next week, but if there's no real information being revealed here, then they don't serve a purpose.

It's probably too late to do this in the short term, but, in the long-term what I'd suggest is to schedule these Duty Commenced streams for a few days after the Live Letter, so they can freely discuss the information revealed in those live letters in English.

I mean, yeah, we get unofficial translations, but usually they're pretty rough, and of course the language barrier often means that some information will need to be clarified. They could use these Duty commenced streams to do that, and as such they'd actually then serve a purpose, rather than being purely decorative.

Mupod

I was hoping for a bit more detail on what's coming in 2.28 myself, felt like all they did was waste everyone's time.

I'll be slightly annoyed if the extent of the promised PVP changes will simply be that everyone starts with 1 point in each ability. But that's exactly what happened last time - we got 10 more ranks and new gear, with absolutely nothing else. I at least want to see some more incentives to get more people playing, like improved rewards or a 'duty roulette' equivalent.

WolvenOne

I was hoping for a bit more detail on what's coming in 2.28 myself, felt like all they did was waste everyone's time.

I'll be slightly annoyed if the extent of the promised PVP changes will simply be that everyone starts with 1 point in each ability. But that's exactly what happened last time - we got 10 more ranks and new gear, with absolutely nothing else. I at least want to see some more incentives to get more people playing, like improved rewards or a 'duty roulette' equivalent.

Yeeeeaaah, I do realize that Japanese parent companies historically like to play things, close to the chest, and to control as much of the experience as they can, but it just doesn't matter.

Either loosen up and let these guys talk about a little of whats coming up, reformat it into a post live-letter Q and A, or do away with it altogether. Little half measures like these, just aren't going to satisfy anyone.

So is PvP good? I don't recall ever seeing people talk about it that much.

heh

Guess it depends, are you just thinking of starting out or were you just wondering why people don't talk about it much? Because if either then I resort to the above. If you were thinking of giving it a go sometime, I would not suggest even attempting it until frontlines come out and that's only if people start talking about it then.

DJIzana

heh

Guess it depends, are you just thinking of starting out or were you just wondering why people don't talk about it much? Because if either then I resort to the above. If you were thinking of giving it a go sometime, I would not suggest even attempting it until frontlines come out and that's only if people start talking about it then.

Frontlines seems like a blast!

I actually prefer open world PvP more than arenas. Here's hoping you're right and that people actually start talking about it. The more content they add to the open world rather than 1 brand new dungeon, 2 revamped existing dungeons and a new raid each patch the better. You have a huge world for a reason. Use it! :p

WolvenOne

I've heard the PVP in this game described in the following ways.

Fun enough, basic, a little rough around the edges, grindy, kinda pointless.

My take away is that, at this point it's probably an acquired taste. Some players seem to absolutely love it, some are indifferent, others more or less actively dislike it. In short, it's basic middle of the road PVP with no real frills.

Tex117

Banned
Im going to give it one more month...Mainly because there is nothing really out there to play.

Ive enjoyed my time with the game...but grinding end gear gets a little irritating.

I've heard the PVP in this game described in the following ways.

Fun enough, basic, a little rough around the edges, grindy, kinda pointless.

My take away is that, at this point it's probably an acquired taste. Some players seem to absolutely love it, some are indifferent, others more or less actively dislike it. In short, it's basic middle of the road PVP with no real frills.

Well the frills are technically there(or some atleast until the make it a crafted set again) in the form of unique gear, it's just Square is not like other mmo companies when it comes to how it handles exploiting anything that isn't the hardest of hard content. This is the first mmo that I even remotely cared about the pvp, where they have not taken action against wintrading. This is something that is ban or even perm worthy in something like WoW, where the rewards are little more than vanity and being the cool kid on the latest glad mount for a month. It's really not that different here other than the obvious non fleshed out pvp and no mount rewards, and yet the views on it are entirely different between the two.

kiryogi

Banned
I love pvp and have grinded very hard core to where I am. (pvp queues and atma farming go hand and hand). However I can't blame folks for wanting to win trade farm considering how God awful the queues are. Looking at the math of 20 mins for a queue plus match versus 3minute for a instant pop queue and win trade. I cannot blame folks for the alternative route.

Tbh. Mr happys video echos my complains. Zero incentive to group up unless you have a full light party. Mark rewards extremely low. Unbalanced match making vs formed groups as coordination is the make or break. If you have team doing fuckall and the other actually focus targeting, it's clear who's gonna win

Had my first instance of dps changing my marks around in Haukke Manor. They kept insisting I was marking the monsters in the wrong order but only after they kept messing with my marks and told them to stop. And they kept running ahead and aggroing stuff while I waited for my tp to recharge and the healer's mp to recharge...ugh

Phlebas

Banned
Had my first instance of dps changing my marks around in Haukke Manor. They kept insisting I was marking the monsters in the wrong order but only after they kept messing with my marks and told them to stop. And they kept running ahead and aggroing stuff while I waited for my tp to recharge and the healer's mp to recharge...ugh

At that point I'd let them pull and keep dying, or vote-kick.

lol, I upgraded by mistake my normal edition to the Digital Deluxe one. I had those Crysta because my subscription ends tomorrow. Fuck my brain for being distracted during that moment.

Welp, in other news, I started a new character. I'm a level 10 lancer and it feels pretty great in terms of gameplay compared to my other class.

Edit: Huh, where do I collect those digital items I get with the collector's edition?

SAMZ

Hey guys. Is there a good UK based server I can join? Dont want to join a server where people aren't talking English.

Mupod

Frontlines seems like a blast!

I actually prefer open world PvP more than arenas. Here's hoping you're right and that people actually start talking about it. The more content they add to the open world rather than 1 brand new dungeon, 2 revamped existing dungeons and a new raid each patch the better. You have a huge world for a reason. Use it! :p

I am normally very much more of an open-world type of PVPer myself. Likewise I never did arenas in WoW but I ruled Warsong Gulch with an iron bear paw. I always felt like small group PVP in an MMORPG was totally missing the point and I focused all my efforts towards the larger scale stuff. So I'm definitely looking forward to frontlines and only started doing PVP in order to get prepared for it.

But somehow despite all the things this game has going against it, and the horrible queues, I've had a lot of fun in Wolves' Den. It helps that I just alt-tab and do other things in between matches, of course.

As Pellegri said I don't recommend jumping in as a newbie, especially not as a healer. Even the lower levels are kind of a shark tank right now. Hoping that 2.28 will help in that respect.

Kwixotik

I'm so close to getting my first level 50 and it's the middle of finals week. The anticipation sucks. Oh well, I still have to level CNJ and marauder for cross class skills before I can do endgame.

Edit: My only complaint about this game is that nobody fucking talks, anywhere, ever. The only people I have really talked to were in dungeons that were put together in duty finder and consisted of people from other servers that I couldn't follow up with.

Noi

Edit: My only complaint about this game is that nobody fucking talks, anywhere, ever. The only people I have really talked to were in dungeons that were put together in duty finder and consisted of people from other servers that I couldn't follow up with.

I dunno how its like on Ultros, but any time I spend long enough in Hyperion's Mor Dhona or any of the beastman areas I wish people would talk less.

Teknoman

I dunno how its like on Ultros, but any time I spend long enough in Hyperion's Mor Dhona or any of the beastman areas I wish people would talk less.

I've seen people talk in say or via shouts here and there, but I think most people stick to their Free Company community, especially if its a big one. Or maybe its just me :p

Noi

No way, I'm on Hyperion. What's your character name?

Onix Sunblade of the Free Company "Absolute Territory". Our cozy little shack is in Limsa Ward 1.

I've seen people talk in say or via shouts here and there, but I think most people stick to their Free Company community, especially if its a big one. Or maybe its just me :p

That's definitely true, but we have quite the characters around here. In particular there's one guy who will rile up all of Mor Dohna by going on and on and how much better his life is since he got an Alienware damn near every day. :lol

Teknoman

Onix Sunblade of the Free Company "Absolute Territory". Our cozy little shack is in Limsa Ward 1.

That's definitely true, but we have quite the characters around here. In particular there's one guy who will rile up all of Mor Dohna by going on and on and how much better his life is since he got an Alienware damn near every day. :lol

Heh now thats the kinda stuff I miss from XI. People would into political debates, random conversations about burgers, etc. etc.

Im guessing with more and more people, public chat should get a little livelier.

EDIT: Just noticed Titan has a Kobold face / bat style nose. Thats just strange...

Kenai

Hi guys! 2 things:

Where do I find my Collector's Edition items?

Dunno about your other question, but your collector rewards come in the Moogle Mail thingy, there's one in every main town near where the seasonal events are plus various other spots. You might have to wait til you unlock mounts before they send the cat and fattie bird though.

If Frontlines' turns out to be even half of what Warsong Gulch or Arathi Basin was from Warcraft, I'm gonna play the hell out of it. I miss those BGs so much...

Ugh, so close to reaching level 20 for THM. I hate it when the Beast Men(Amalj'aa) gang up on me. :( Why does a lvl 15 THM quest take you to confront lvl 18 monsters? Bastards.

dcye

Guess whats dropping next week for you!

I know right. 3/4 drops we've had have been BRD, got earrings as well but they aeent great either. The one drop I actually do want is the BRD boots but that shit will never drop. Honestly I want some drops for the other DPS, my damage is fine but theirs can be a little low at times. Hopefully next week we get some and actually get time to get T7 down.

I know first world problems blah blah.

Ugh, so close to reaching level 20 for THM. I hate it when the Beast Men(Amalj'aa) gang up on me. :( Why does a lvl 15 THM quest take you to confront lvl 18 monsters? Bastards.
I don't know how it is for Mage DPS, but if they're anything like PGL/MNK, you can take on monsters up to 4 levels higher than yours - probably higher if you're equipped well.

Hasney

Can someone give me a brief overview on how to set this up to work with the PS4? Are you using it just for chat or for controls? How well does the trackpad work for the mouse controls?

Plug and play. I'm only using it for chat, but you can control with it too. Only used the mouse for pointing at things rather than as a controller and it works fine.

I don't know how it is for Mage DPS, but if they're anything like PGL/MNK, you can take on monsters up to 4 levels higher than yours - probably higher if you're equipped well.

I've noticed something similar for THM. To be fair, I have to put them to sleep, but the sleep spell only works for so long. >_< I guess next time I'll put some to sleep and rush through.

I've noticed something similar for THM. To be fair, I have to put them to sleep, but the sleep spell only works for so long. >_< I guess next time I'll put some to sleep and rush through.
You can't fend off a group that's your level +4, just a single monster at a time, in my experience. At lower levels, even two at that level would probably kill me. If you're crafting, keep your crafting at a level or two above your battle job and you'll be able to craft some HQ gear with higher stats. You can also farm some dungeons for even better gear-for-level stuff. Dunno about mages, though, as cloth armor isn't as helpful as leather or metal.

You can't fend off a group that's your level +4, just a single monster at a time, in my experience. At lower levels, even two at that level would probably kill me. If you're crafting, keep your crafting at a level or two above your battle job and you'll be able to craft some HQ gear with higher stats. You can also farm some dungeons for even better gear-for-level stuff. Dunno about mages, though, as cloth armor isn't as helpful as leather or metal.

Yeah, I haven't gotten to crafting yet. I was finally able to raise my THM to lvl 17(or 18?). And have a CNJ lvl 16. Maybe I'll take up crafting next. Any recommendations?

Dunno about your other question, but your collector rewards come in the Moogle Mail thingy, there's one in every main town near where the seasonal events are plus various other spots. You might have to wait til you unlock mounts before they send the cat and fattie bird though.

Thanks! At least the moogle looks nice (no I spent $30 USD by mistake nice, but is something)

I do not need an answer for the other question. A friend lend me his credit card and I was able to renew my sub. It's kinda weird tho that I can't use paypal anymore for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom