• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunbun777

Well after 3 guild groups, a couple pf's, a bunch of df's, I broke down and paid 300k for Titan ex run. Imagine my surprise when I see two friends in group. I didn't like being asked to kill myself at the beginning but oh well I'm sure most of the customers tend to get in the way. (I died anyways)

Yeah, I haven't gotten to crafting yet. I was finally able to raise my THM to lvl 17(or 18?). And have a CNJ lvl 16. Maybe I'll take up crafting next. Any recommendations?
They all lead into and out of one another - it's really a rabbit-hole. I'm doing all the crafting/gathering except for alchemy and the other magic-based one. I just got tired of hitting road blocks for leather-working where I need mats from another crafter/gathering job and finding that the market board was legalized mugging. If you have friends that have other crafting/gathering jobs, you can work together. Blacksmith can make ALL the tools for the combat AND crafting classes, so I belatedly got that job and gold smithing because they're so similar. I'd already gotten mining because I needed albumen for leatherworking. The good news is that the Levequests for crafting give much more experience for crafting than for fighting. Once you get into a Grand Company (part of story arc) you can then do daily requisitions for even more experience and grand company seals which is a good argument for leveling your crafting/gathering jobs to the point that they can contribute to the daily requisitions.

Since you're a Mage, you should at least get weaving in Ul Dah.

They all lead into and out of one another - it's really a rabbit-hole. I'm doing all the crafting/gathering except for alchemy and the other magic-based one. I just got tired of hitting road blocks for leather-working where I need mats from another crafter/gathering job and finding that the market board was legalized mugging. If you have friends that have other crafting/gathering jobs, you can work together. Blacksmith can make ALL the tools for the combat AND crafting classes, so I belatedly got that job and gold smithing because they're so similar. I'd already gotten mining because I needed albumen for leatherworking. The good news is that the Levequests for crafting give much more experience for crafting than for fighting. Once you get into a Grand Company (part of story arc) you can then do daily requisitions for even more experience and grand company seals which is a good argument for leveling your crafting/gathering jobs to the point that they can contribute to the daily requisitions.

Since you're a Mage, you should at least get weaving in Ul Dah.
Thanks for the info. :) I'll try weaving.

Ken

iDggEcDAGEgBg.png

i can't

OTL

Baleoce

If you want to get into crafting seriously, level CUL to 37 and then CRP to 15. It also helps to get every craft to 15.
Why CUL and CRP and why CUL to 37?

CUL 37 (Hasty Touch + Steady Hand II) > All Subs 15 (most subs will have at least some situational use, but maybe do ALC15 first for Tricks of the Trade) > CRP 50 I'd say is a good order.

Tricks of the trade + Steady Hand II + Hasty Touch + (Great Strides / Byregot's Blessing)

After that can steadily work on things like Careful Synthesis II (this along with byregots blessing are necessary at crafting endgame to script 100% HQ 50*/** synths), Comfort Zone or Innovation for extra convenience. Or Ingenuity II to lower the difficulty of star recipes.

Even if you like the sound of it, don't do Armorer first. It has very few useful / practical abilities, and if you focus on the order above, you'll eventually get to come to a craft like Armorer and breeze through it compared to if you were to do it initially. Also I highly recommend having Miner / Botanist done so farming materials (namely HQ mats) is a sinch. You can use the HQ mats for your main synth / HQ leve turn ins.

Further reading: BG Crafting Thread, 2.1+ Tradecraft leves guide

SAMZ

:( Q_Q

GAF has been unusually very unhelpful. This is the 3rd and the last time I will ask these questions here. Hopefully I will get an answer this time or some help atleast.

Is there a good UK based server I can join? Dont want to join a server where people aren't talking English.

How do you switch servers and how much does it cost? I'm from the UK

Is it true they are patching atma's to make them easier to obtain? I've only ever gotten 1 from 9 hours of play. I gave up on them because I felt that my subscription was getting wasted.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a good UK based server I can join? Dont want to join a server where people aren't talking English.
As far as I'm aware, your best bet for a server that's 100% English are the American ones such as Ultros or Sargatanas. I've heard good things about Ragnorok, though.
How do you switch servers and how much does it cost? I'm from the UK
Roughly a tenner.
Is it true they are patching atma's to make them easier to obtain? I've only ever gotten 1 from 9 hours of play. I gave up on them because I felt that my subscription was getting wasted.
There's rumblings, but nothing specific.

T.O.P

Banned
Ok i need a suggestion, i'm about to transfer from Zodiark to another EU Server because pretty much this

I need a good one with some decent prices in the market and a lot of active people (and maybe some gaffers) where should i go?

aceface

How about Ultros? We have some European folks. Although I believe the FC is full at the moment...
Those materia go for about ~45k on Ultros last I checked.

dramatis

Ok i need a suggestion, i'm about to transfer from Zodiark to another EU Server because pretty much this

I need a good one with some decent prices in the market and a lot of active people (and maybe some gaffers) where should i go?
According to this site the most populous EU server is Cerberus. It only counts players that are part of a free company, so the numbers are even larger than depicted.

ps4 users, how does the game run for you?

Since it released on PS4 I have pretty much abandoned my PC version. To me it looks the same as on my PC which is running on max settings however the framerate takes a slight hit in busy areas like Mor Dhona but other than that it's a very solid port.

T.O.P

Banned
How about Ultros? We have some European folks. Although I believe the FC is full at the moment...
Those materia go for about ~45k on Ultros last I checked.

i was tempted to go Ultros but i remember that i had some lag issues back when i played on pc compared to Zodiark EU

Phoenix or Cerberus would be good too but i would really like to know my relic materia price there before switching?

How much time does it take to change servers anyway?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
i was tempted to go Ultros but i remember that i had some lag issues back when i played on pc compared to Zodiark EU

Phoenix or Cerberus would be good too but i would really like to know my relic materia price there before switching?

Assuming it's not rejected it's pretty much instant.

Im new to FF14 only started a few days ago Id like some gaf friends to tackle some of the upcoming Dungeons I'm Lv15 Lancer on the Pheonix server, Im not even sure how to add friends yet as I havent tried it any help would be appreciated

kyoakuma

Banned
awesome! I am thinking of dumping my pc and going to the ps4 version. do i need to install an ssd or is the existing HD good enough?

Tc91

Anyone know this. I played the PC version at launch. If I get the PS4 version do you get a free month as well?

Yep I bought the PS3 version (free upgrade to PS4) the other day and got a free month.

You just install it and link up the account with your PSN and jobs done!

danthefan

Im new to FF14 only started a few days ago Id like some gaf friends to tackle some of the upcoming Dungeons I'm Lv15 Lancer on the Pheonix server, Im not even sure how to add friends yet as I havent tried it any help would be appreciated

For those dungeons just go with the duty finder, they're very simple. Everything up to about lv 35 is just tank and DPS to death, beyond that they start adding in some different mechanics.

dramatis

Is that site out of date? It doesn't list Zodiark. And I find it hard to believe Ultros is the smallest server on Primal.
I think it's out of date, but at the same time it's reasonable to assume that Ultros could possibly be the lowest pop on Primal. If you tally up the population totals for each data center, Primal surpasses them all, which would explain why we always have duty server problems. Ultros ends up sharing with these problems because every server in the Primal cluster is just as populous if not more so.

yaffi

Shiva (EU), that's where I am.

Dunno about other Gaffers though.

dcye

I'm on Phoenix. I just got home from work, I'll sign in and check the price for you. Quicktongue 3 yeah?

dcye

You don't need friends to do most (if not all) of the pre-50 dungeons. At least the dungeons until Brayflox (lvl35?) are all easily done in a duty finder group. If you still insist on wanting friends I'm on Phoenix, my name is Jeral Ba'ken and if I'm not busy I'll happily help you through so of the lower dungeons. You can add me if you want, I'll be online soon.

aceface

That's weird that you'd get more lag on Ultros. All the NA/EU servers are in Montreal.

Griss

I'm on Zodiark and believe me I feel your pain.

Not only that, I bought my weapon for the relic quest, used it by accident and now it's bound to me and I don't think I can trade it to get it melded to the materia. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong) Basically 180k down the drain on this crazy server economy. Oh well, it's not real money! I don't really give a shit, haha.

As for company seals, what's the best thing to spend them on? I think I just ranked up as high as I can, so all I can do now is spend them and I already have about 10,000. Looks like there's a weapon, hat and robe that would suit a caster up there.

Not only that, I bought my weapon for the relic quest, used it by accident and now it's bound to me and I don't think I can trade it to get it melded to the materia. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong) Basically 180k down the drain on this crazy server economy. Oh well, it's not real money! I don't really give a shit, haha.

As for company seals, what's the best thing to spend them on? I think I just ranked up as high as I can, so all I can do now is spend them and I already have about 10,000. Looks like there's a weapon, hat and robe that would suit a caster up there.

I spend all of mine on coke; I'm the Charlie Sheen of FFXIV

dramatis

You don't need to trade to meld, you just right-click/press square on a person with the appropriate crafter class and level and select the option "Request Meld".

aceface

For your seals, I would get the i55 weapon available for your class. It will hold you over until you start getting HM primal weapon drops and your relic.

Hystzen

Level 50 achieved took a lot less then expect the boost from sancturies and linked with daily roulette dungeons you blow through the levels.

Level 50 achieved took a lot less then expect the boost from sancturies and linked with daily roulette dungeons you blow through the levels.

You really do. I got my gf playing a couple of weeks ago; she's nearing 40 and hasn't even done the daily roulette. She's terrified of going into a dungeon without me. She probably would be 50 right now. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom