• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Griss

I spend all of mine on coke; I'm the Charlie Sheen of FFXIV

Haha, that got a good laugh out of me.

You don't need to trade to meld, you just right-click/press square on a person with the appropriate crafter class and level and select the option "Request Meld".

Oh thank god! Cheers for the advice.

For your seals, I would get the i55 weapon available for your class. It will hold you over until you start getting HM primal weapon drops and your relic.

Yeah, that's what I think I'll do. Just bought my first Lvl 90 item, too. Progression in this game is really smooth!

Level 50 achieved took a lot less then expect the boost from sancturies and linked with daily roulette dungeons you blow through the levels.

Yep, that's what I love about it. Once I discovered the roulettes the levels flew by. 1-50 in about three weeks, and no sense of grinding at all.

IvorB

I've done a couple of dungeon runs today and it seems people are a little bit tense in Cutter's Cry. I got a couple of people asking why I am not Black Mage. Is this something for other people to be worrying about?

Also got crapped on for not doing limit break on the Chimera which is fair enough as people were calling for it but I missed it. I still can't get these damn filters right for chat. Does anyone know how I can switch off FC chat when I am in the dungeon?

Aeana

I've done a couple of dungeon runs today and it seems people are a little bit tense in Cutter's Cry. I got a couple of people asking why I am not Black Mage. Is this something for other people to be worrying about?

Also got crapped on for not doing limit break on the Chimera which is fair enough as people were calling for it but I missed it. I still can't get these damn filters right for chat. Does anyone know how I can switch off FC chat when I am in the dungeon?
You mean you're THM instead of BLM? At Cutter's Cry level, I'd definitely be worried if someone in my party wasn't on their job counterpart. You get a significant stat boost and access to more abilities on a job. You're considerably gimped if you're still on THM at level 38+.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

change the filters so general is fc and battle is party chat. /fc and /p will change who hears you.

edit: and yes you should be BLM for sure

danthefan

Errr, yeah, you need to change to your job (THM to BLM). Like, it's important.

Well after 3 guild groups, a couple pf's, a bunch of df's, I broke down and paid 300k for Titan ex run. Imagine my surprise when I see two friends in group. I didn't like being asked to kill myself at the beginning but oh well I'm sure most of the customers tend to get in the way. (I died anyways)

Nooooooo, you gave up too soon. I went into a duty finder last night at like 3:30. The group was awesome. We two shot titan ex.

Ardenyal

Ok i need a suggestion, i'm about to transfer from Zodiark to another EU Server because pretty much this

I need a good one with some decent prices in the market and a lot of active people (and maybe some gaffers) where should i go?

Think of it as a business opportunity xD im on zodiark too.

IvorB

You mean you're THM instead of BLM? At Cutter's Cry level, I'd definitely be worried if someone in my party wasn't on their job counterpart. You get a significant stat boost and access to more abilities on a job. You're considerably gimped if you're still on THM at level 38+.

Yikes. I'm on Level 42. I knew about the other abilities but I didn't know there was a stat boost.

change the filters so general is fc and battle is party chat. /fc and /p will change who hears you.

edit: and yes you should be BLM for sure

It's not about who hears me. It's about what I hear. I've been messing about with filters but I just can't get the FC chat muted when I am in the dungeon. So people in my party are saying stuff and it just gets lost in all the FC chat. So they were calling for limit break but I just didn't see it because it scrolled off almost immediately. We still beat him first go but they weren't very happy about it. At least one of them stuck around for an explanation.

Errr, yeah, you need to change to your job (THM to BLM). Like, it's important.

Oops. I'll get right on it. I was having fun with my THM and didn't want to have to start all over again with a new class. Anyways I leveled an archer to get raging strikes so I guess I am halfway there. Cutter's Cry isn't exactly very challenging so I wouldn't have thought it would be an issue but it seemed to be. The one guy just asked me right at the start and then just left, seemingly in disgust ha ha.

Time to equip my sh*tty bow and tatty-ass armour. *sigh*

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
It's not about who hears me. It's about what I hear. I've been messing about with filters but I just can't get the FC chat muted when I am in the dungeon. So people in my party are saying stuff and it just gets lost in all the FC chat. So they were calling for limit break but I just didn't see it because it scrolled off almost immediately. We still beat him first go but they weren't very happy about it. At least one of them stuck around for an explanation.

right, those were two separate tips:

/fc & /p will change who you talk to

changing filters in your config screen will change what you hear & allow you to do what i did:

general tab is just fc chat, tells are turned off

battle tab is just party, with pretty much everything turned off except loot roll info & party chat

OK, so I did my first 2 dungeons yesterday. Both with randoms.

I'm a CNJ (healer)

Sastasha - Tank didnt tank well. Constantly would forget to go first. The DPS mage kept running towards the enemies like an idiot and getting killed.

I died once because of him too. I started telling people what to do which I dont like doing cause you can come off as being arrogant or annoying. But we made it.

Tam-Tara - The other end. Amazing team. I think they all had done the dungeon before. Everyone knew what to do and their place (specially the tank).

But since Im a beginner they always went too fast. There was a room with a treasure and they just ran past it. I went to check it, enemies appeared and I nearly died.

But with them the boss battle was easy.

So, I guess playing with strangers is a bit of a roulette. It takes luck to find a good team.

I imagine most dungeons I go will be one of the other right?

Hystzen

I'm a CNJ (healer)

Sastasha - Tank didnt tank well. Constantly would forget to go first. The DPS mage kept running towards the enemies like an idiot and getting killed.

I died once because of him too. I started telling people what to do which I dont like doing cause you can come off as being arrogant or annoying. But we made it.

Tam-Tara - The other end. Amazing team. I think they all had done the dungeon before. Everyone knew what to do and their place (specially the tank).

But since Im a beginner they always went too fast. There was a room with a treasure and they just ran past it. I went to check it, enemies appeared and I nearly died.

So, I guess playing with strangers is a bit of a roulette. It takes luck to find a good team.

If you suspect they players who done it before just ask in party chat can we clear whole
Dungeon for exp and loot.

Pretty much everybody will agree and help I tend always ask if going to rush or fully clear dungeon when done them before

If you suspect they players who done it before just ask in party chat can we clear whole
Dungeon for exp and loot.

Pretty much everybody will agree and help I tend always ask if going to rush or fully clear dungeon when done them before

Ah ok. I will next time. Thanks.

aceface

Oops. I'll get right on it. I was having fun with my THM and didn't want to have to start all over again with a new class. Anyways I leveled an archer to get raging strikes so I guess I am halfway there. Cutter's Cry isn't exactly very challenging so I wouldn't have thought it would be an issue but it seemed to be. The one guy just asked me right at the start and then just left, seemingly in disgust ha ha.

Time to equip my sh*tty bow and tatty-ass armour. *sigh*

Edit: misread. Don't worry, those early levels on archer will go by quick. Only have to get it to 15.

Griss

I'm a CNJ (healer)

Not really. Remember those were the first two dungeons so you're bound to get a lot of new, terrible players there, many of whom will either improve or won't last. I'm a lvl 50 who just picked up his first lvl 90 piece of gear and I still got put into a group that couldn't clear Satasha this morning. I ended up practically soloing the thing with Titan-egi (my pet) because the tank literally couldn't play the game, even then we had to replace the other DPS because the first one would only do one or two spells a battle and kept autorunning into walls. Because it's the first dungeon I didn't give the tank any shit - I know it's not easy.

Likewise, at lvl 50 most dungeons appear to be pros speedrunning and most groups you get are awesome, so long as you like going fast.

In the middle is the sweet spot. From lvls 25-49 I found that most dungeon groups were just about good enough to beat it if we all paid attention. It feels like you matter. If you get a nice chatty group you can have tons of fun. Out of about 30 dungeons I did I had maybe 5 where the tank either couldn't handle it or just quit, and only 2 where the group was good but we couldn't do enough damage to beat the content without wiping. Everything basically depends on the tank.

If you're new to a dungeon always tell your team mates. 'Hi, I'm new to this one, can we clear / explore the whole map?' Usually you'll get a response, if you don't it's your call as to whether you just roll with the group or back out. I just go with it, it's still good exp etc.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Just a heads up, PSN went down for maintenance, if you logged in, Cool, you can still play, if not, keep hammering away!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Pugilist is much more fun than I thought it would be.

suzu

It's not about who hears me. It's about what I hear. I've been messing about with filters but I just can't get the FC chat muted when I am in the dungeon. So people in my party are saying stuff and it just gets lost in all the FC chat. So they were calling for limit break but I just didn't see it because it scrolled off almost immediately.

Did you set up a new chat tab and set it to show only party chat, etc? If you've done all that, then all you need to do is click on that new tab to use it. When you're done with the party, click back to General tab for fc chat or whatever.

B-Dex

Ok. Finally got my old software token fiasco sorted. Only took since PS4 Beta....

Think I might just re-roll at this point. Should I just play anywhere or is the main gaf shell/FC still really active?

Was nice to fight Odin again this week in such a short period. Made sure to use the Lancer class to get some of that sweet exp. Probably will be a while before I decide to try the Gladiator class, so I'll be holding on to my 10 Odin Mantles for the time being

T.O.P

Banned
Was saying goodbye to my FC guys, a dude mentions to give a last batch of lvl 45 gear a chance to convert into the materia i need before switching servers

WELP

NH0zEjj.gif

Got 3 QuickTongue Materia III for 6 converts

I'M SO FUCKIN HAPPY RIGHT NOW

(and a free 180k from the one i sold)

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So, my ilvl83 ARC Retainer came back from Field Exploration XI (i70+)

Brought me back 4 Allagan Silver Bags and a Tawny Latex!
Damn my ARC earned 150 Myth while on Exploration, bought me a latex or robbed somebody in Mor Dhona

That's a nice 40K bonus!
Hoping my i89 MRD brings something good

So, I've been wanting to switch over to kb/m on my ps4, but I also still want to have my pulse headsets plugged in for chat and game audio.

Does anyone know if usb hubs work for kb/m on ps4?

Does anyone know how often locked servers open up for new characters? I'd like to make a character on Hyperion, but it's been closed for the last few days I've been checking.

Griss

Seems to be the only class that is fun in the lower levels.

I've gotten 4 classes to lvl 15 and the experience varies wildly. Very glad I went with Arcanist/Summoner to start with, suits me to a tee. Conjurer/White Mage, on the other hand... never again. Not even one more level, not ever.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I've gotten 4 classes to lvl 15 and the experience varies wildly. Very glad I went with Arcanist/Summoner to start with, suits me to a tee. Conjurer/White Mage, on the other hand... never again. Not even one more level, not ever.

This is where I'm at currently.
CqHfbdo.png

I'd say as far as fun goes in the low levels, Pugilist > Lancer = Archer > Arcanist = Conjurer > Gladiator = Marauder > Watching Paint Dry > Thaumaturge

I have leveled Pugilist, Arcanist, and Conjurer up to higher levels on other servers, so it's not the most fair comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom