• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Thanks. Wow, down all day then. Old Sony is back... I guess I'll go back to my offline backlog i.e. Crysis 3.

Edit: Whatthehell, my PS3 is online?

Just got in. Had to click on What's New and then it asked me to update some privacy settings and it's working fine now.

Spent all that time setting up my PC hotbars for nowt.

suzu

What should I do with high level gear once I outgrow it? Convert everything? And when I get a piece of gear that's high level but worse than what I have (say a lvl 55 piece compared to my lvl 60 piece) is it worth it to use it, spiritbond it and convert it?

EDIT: Should I keep my cool looking artifact gear (lvl50-55) for the glamour system? (A system I don't understand yet, but still.)

If it's convertible, you can spiritbond it if you wish. If not, then you can keep it for glamour if you like the looks. Or trade it to your grand company for seals. Or equip it on your retainer if you're doing ventures.

Artifact gear can be stored in any inn room's armoire.

Epcott

Ugh... Healer. SCH is becoming my most despised class.

I think I'll finally roll a tank. I would rather run at bosses and agro enemies while having my health become someone else's responsibility rather than constantly hanging in the back, micro-managing health gauges, protection, and taking %80 of blame for mission failure. Screw that.

By the way, how can I change servers? I want to join GAF FC but I'm in Excal.

kyoakuma

Banned
so my pc account also has a PS3 version attached to it since i played on ps3 for a little while, do i have to buy the game still or can i upgrade digitally

Hystzen

Man the last 2 dungeons in main quest are a mess, you have skip every cutscene or get left behind, full party so the screen is just particle effects flying everywhere and the bosses are piss easy due to it being full party.

What's worse is I have no idea what happened to the Tribuni as some reason the cutscenes do not exist when you go in the inn to watch them. Good job wikis exists but man why the hell are important scenes like that not in cutscenes viewer.

Also am I only one who prefers the smaller 4 man parties boss fights feel like boss fights and some strategy is required. In full party it felt like I was taking no damage as insta cured and never felt threatened.

Now onto hard mode version hopefully they bit better and tweaked to cater for full parties.

Hasney

Man the last 2 dungeons in main quest are a mess, you have skip every cutscene or get left behind, full party so the screen is just particle effects flying everywhere and the bosses are piss easy due to it being full party.

What's worse is I have no idea what happened to the Tribuni as some reason the cutscenes do not exist when you go in the inn to watch them. Good job wikis exists but man why the hell are important scenes like that not in cutscenes viewer.

Also am I only one who prefers the smaller 4 man parties boss fights feel like boss fights and some strategy is required. In full party it felt like I was taking no damage as insta cured and never felt threatened.

Now onto hard mode version hopefully they bit better and tweaked to cater for full parties.

The hard Titan and Ultima Weapons are a bit more challenging. Crystal Tower is entertaining with 21 people, but it's not massively tough. The coils and extreme primals are where the real challenges come.

dcye

They are all viewable, but not all in the same section. I can't remember where the others are but they're in dungeon section or something like that. Not story. Or vice versa.

Hi all. I'm new to the game. Now a level 21 Gladiator.

Is anyone playing on Lamia? If so Id love to play with other Gaffers!

Paladin33 on PSN.

Hi all. I'm new to the game. Now a level 21 Gladiator.

Is anyone playing on Lamia? If so Id love to play with other Gaffers!

Paladin33 on PSN.

If you're only lvl 21 and have no one to play with on Lamia I say make a new character on Ultros, the majority of Gaf is there. Awesome and helpful people.

Baleoce

If you get paired with a tank on DF Brayflox Hard called Setsuna Exia, they'll just drop after the second boss, because presumably they've capped Soldiery and don't give a toss about wasting other peoples time.. People like that sicken me. They even asked the party first if we needed soldiery. Everyone replied yes. They still dropped.

Just curious is Coerthas now the fate farm to 50 area now cause in my server(Diabolos) it seems to be with Northern Thanalan almost dead

First room Darkhold and Aurum Vale farms are the new and hot way to level 50 after you're high enough in level. But yea N Thanalan is dead now, so weird because I remember when N Thanalan was the place to be for leveling.

DJIzana

I just wanted to say I had a blast last night with fellow GAF'fers farming T2. Was loads of fun... heck, even random discussion about older games with Teckno and Tiv etc. Thanks for an awesome night! :D

They are in the cutscene viewer, just not under main scenario quest. They are under duties and then under that particular dungeon. I had the same problem, thankfully someone at the FC helped me out. This game can be really unintuitive at times.

EktorPR

Ok guys, here's what's happening:

Yesterday, I decided to do the PS3->PS4 upgrade, followed all the steps on the US PS Blog, downloaded the client without any trouble. And now that's downloaded, when I input my Square Enix id credentials it presents me with the following:

"No valid service account is available to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

In order to play, you must first purchase the digital download from the PlayStation Store or register a product code.

*Please restart the client for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn."

And I don't get it. :[ To recap: I did the upgrade process through Mog Station, they gave me the product code which I then used at the PlayStation Store and the client downloaded successfully. What am I doing wrong, GAF?

Epcott

Made a new character on Ultros:

Hannibal Lecter

I finished watching the show and had no other clever name to create. Add me!

Riroi Jenkinsu on Ultros here, around what time does the ability to apply to an FC unlock?

And uh, It's been a long time since I last played an MMO, might take me a little bit to get back into the swing of things. The FPS boom of 2007 really took a bit out of me.

Hystzen

They are in the cutscene viewer, just not under main scenario quest. They are under duties and then under that particular dungeon. I had the same problem, thankfully someone at the FC helped me out. This game can be really unintuitive at times.

Lol wat the hell really?

Oh these SE guys

Thanks will have a look when next log in

B-Dex

I've spent the last 3 hours trying to make a new character in Ultros and I still can't decide.

I made a highlander hyur but it seems we have lots of hyurs in the gaf FC. I might remake my old roe since I do love the big guys but since it's a new start I thought Id go for something different.

T.O.P

Banned
Relic got, with no problems (now that they added the 19% buffs is prettu much impossible to die on primals HM)

10333541_10203794480926426_2781713227528755717_o.jpg

And i just went through the first 3 Coils (ilvl 78)

I didn't know that Coil gear is worst than Soldiery :/

Gonna give Garuda Extreme a go next

Alucrid

Banned
Relic got, with no problems (now that they added the 19% buffs is prettu much impossible to die on primals HM)

And i just went through the first 3 Coils (ilvl 78)

I didn't know that Coil gear is worst than Soldiery :/

Gonna give Garuda Extreme a go next

Gear from the first coil is worse. Gear from the second coil is better.

Hasney

Ah you Mean T5 and up?

i really don't know much about this lol

Is +1 relic still the next step? and what's a Zenith weapon?

Yeah, get relic weapon, get it to +1 which is Zenith, then you have to grind fates to get 12 ATMAs which allows you to buy books to fill by doing specific tasks and finally FINALLY you get the Animus weapon.

EDIT: I believe the weathered soldiery weapon is better than that once upgraded though.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Why Twintania so hard ;(

Even with the 15% echo buff, people need to learn mechanics
It just not mash your rotation till Twin's health bar reaches 0%

I've done many Twin runs now, it's just a boring fight now
Hell we 1 tank, 1 heal it most of the time, it's crazy

You might know it all, but it's the other 7 who also have to know it or your never gonna pass it

Frumix

Suffering From Success

You might know it all, but it's the other 7 who also have to know it or your never gonna pass it

Our team is making rapid progress.
But it's rather disheartening the fight can go to shit real fast at any second if somebody lets the focus up just for a moment.

Phlebas

Banned

Our group fell apart after no progress for weeks. Having to pick up new people every week because people can't commit to times, gets you down after awhile.

EktorPR

"No valid service account is available to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

In order to play, you must first purchase the digital download from the PlayStation Store or register a product code.

And I don't get it. :[ To recap: I did the upgrade process through Mog Station, they gave me the product code which I then used at the PlayStation Store and the client downloaded successfully. What am I doing wrong, GAF?

No one has an answer to this?

Istaerion

Ok guys, here's what's happening:

Yesterday, I decided to do the PS3->PS4 upgrade, followed all the steps on the US PS Blog, downloaded the client without any trouble. And now that's downloaded, when I input my Square Enix id credentials it presents me with the following:

Probably a silly question, but are you trying to use the PS3 client? If so, it's no longer utilizable due to being upgraded to the PS4 version.

If that's not your problem, did you make sure you're logging on the correct service account? If so, are you sure you registered the product key or what-have-you on the correct service account?

If the issue continues to persist, I suggest contacting Square-Enix as soon as possible.

EktorPR

Probably a silly question, but are you trying to use the PS3 client? If so, it's no longer utilizable due to being upgraded to the PS4 version.

If that's not your problem, did you make sure you're logging on the correct service account? If so, are you sure you registered the product key or what-have-you on the correct service account?

If the issue continues to persist, I suggest contacting Square-Enix as soon as possible.

Not a silly question. :) I'm trying to use the PS4 client.

I just contacted them through e-mail. Thank you!

Aeana

Looks like the Guildwork client was updated recently to allow you to block incoming messages that match certain regular expressions, and also get push notifications on your phone when certain regular expressions are matched. Should be good for blocking gil spam for good, and getting a notification when someone says your name in-game.

Looks like the Guildwork client was updated recently to allow you to block incoming messages that match certain regular expressions, and also get push notifications on your phone when certain regular expressions are matched. Should be good for blocking gil spam for good, and getting a notification when someone says your name in-game.

I applied for the FC a few days ago. However I remade my character. Do I have to reapply as I deleted my original character.

My new character had the same name but is a different class and race.

Aeana

I applied for the FC a few days ago. However I remade my character. Do I have to reapply as I deleted my original character.

My new character had the same name but is a different class and race.

I wish you would have withdrawn your application before deleting your character. Now we have a deleted character in the application queue that we can't remove. We'll have to contact SE to get it removed.

The FC is completely full at the moment, and the FC master isn't around. We're doing what we can to make room, but for the time being we have no space for new members, and no space for new applications.

IvorB

I've spent the last 3 hours trying to make a new character in Ultros and I still can't decide.

I made a highlander hyur but it seems we have lots of hyurs in the gaf FC. I might remake my old roe since I do love the big guys but since it's a new start I thought Id go for something different.

Ha ha!! Three hours, dude??

So the so-called Company of Heroes sent me all across the country like a common kitchen boy collecting items for a banquet, in order to assess my suitability to combat a Primal the size of a f**king four-story building. Did I get that right? You would think the primal fight was going to be a cook-off or something. Where do they get this stuff?

The fight itself was pretty much by-the-numbers. We killed him pretty promptly and I even got a commendation. :)

I wish you would have withdrawn your application before deleting your character. Now we have a deleted character in the application queue that we can't remove. We'll have to contact SE to get it removed.

The FC is completely full at the moment, and the FC master isn't around. We're doing what we can to make room, but for the time being we have no space for new members, and no space for new applications.

My bad. I assumed the request would be deleted as well.

If you're only lvl 21 and have no one to play with on Lamia I say make a new character on Ultros, the majority of Gaf is there. Awesome and helpful people.

Yeah now would be a good time to do that. Now that I'm more familiar with how things work in the game I'm sure I could be back to where I'm at in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom