• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Ah hell yeah, a taste of things to come. Only another 2 weeks until I can wear it! XD

Your hiding all your Fire and Thunder Procs in that puffy tail, aren't you!

kiryogi
Considers fanny-packs to be the utmost in haute fashion. :x
In: Puffy Tails
Out: Fanny Packs
So last year: Vanya

saher

Banned
I did my first lost city of amdapor run today, really loved the dungeon.

I love wanderer's palace and amdapor keep too.

Anyone have some recommendations on PS4 Keyboard/Mouse combos?

Need to be wireless as I am fairly often switching TVs. I'm looking for bluetooth or a one dongle combo

did beast tribe quests about an hour ago and got my first real experience of a mount with a pet hotbar (don't really count the main story quest with the final boss and Magitek). Didn't know the mount attacks had no effect on enemy targets, but I'm not sure if that was because it was a quest

Epcott

Getting back to lvl 15 is so tedious. I hope the Ultros GAF FC isn't full and this is all for naught.

I remember trying to add friends from the member list google doc, but it's so outdated, most people I searched didn't come up at all :-/

dcye

did beast tribe quests about an hour ago and got my first real experience of a mount with a pet hotbar (don't really count the main story quest with the final boss and Magitek). Didn't know the mount attacks had no effect on enemy targets, but I'm not sure if that was because it was a quest

Its because it was a quest. Those mounts don't have attacks when you actually own them. Its the same with the Magitek mount from Praetorium. It has attacks in the dungeon but once you get to own it, it doesn't.

Getting back to lvl 15 is so tedious. I hope the Ultros GAF FC isn't full and this is all for naught.

I remember trying to add friends from the member list google doc, but it's so outdated, most people I searched didn't come up at all :-/

If the person you're searching for isn't online at the time then they won't appear. They need to actually be in game to be searched for.

B-Dex

Ha ha!! Three hours, dude??

So the so-called Company of Heroes sent me all across the country like a common kitchen boy collecting items for a banquet, in order to assess my suitability to combat a Primal the size of a f**king four-story building. Did I get that right? You would think the primal fight was going to be a cook-off or something. Where do they get this stuff?

The fight itself was pretty much by-the-numbers. We killed him pretty promptly and I even got a commendation. :)

I know!!! I'm just gonna re-roll my roe. Ultros was off for new chars earlier though. So I fooled around a but on my Hyur I had made to get back I to the swing of things.

Just curious are there pad players that actually use the standard controls. I'm using it with my Bard right now but will switch back to legacy when I use my black mage again.

Kssio_Aug

For GAF FC, jusk ask you something. Please dont take me off the clan. In the next couple weeks I may not play the game, but thats not because I am abandoning it, its because I am at the end of my semester on the University, so I will have a plenty of exams to study to, till the end of the month! That said, I will probably not be able to game as much as id like in the meantime.
Thank you in advance!

Aeana

For GAF FC, jusk ask you something. Please dont take me off the clan. In the next couple weeks I may not play the game, but thats not because I am abandoning it, its because I am at the end of my semester on the University, so I will have a plenty of exams to study to, till the end of the month! That said, I will probably not be able to game as much as id like in the meantime.
Thank you in advance!
Make a post in the leave of absence thread on the Guildwork forum. That will make it easier to keep track of when we're looking to free up space in the FC.

Mupod

Ah hell yeah, a taste of things to come. Only another 2 weeks until I can wear it! XD

I'm still a ways off from mine. I was only 19 when I came back for 2.2, since I'm an idiot and stopped pvping right when they buffed solo queue rewards and made it so it wasn't 'dual rezzing summoner all the time'. I assumed I had tons of time to hit rank 30, I wasn't expecting them to put rank 40 and the animal gear in before frontlines.

But I'm almost 32 now so I don't get stomped anymore. I'd probably have my bearsuit right now if I had gotten 30 when it was easy but can't change the past.

My goal was 33 before 2.28 and I think I can pull it off even if it's this thursday, I'm hoping for better queues at least. A free respec would be nice too.

Being a Dragoon involves me remembering where I am at all times in a 24-skill rotation while weaving in buffs, jumps, and Leg Sweep.

But no hurry, I'm just trying to learn this so I can DPS for Turn 8. No pressure.

Aeana

Being a Dragoon involves me remembering where I am at all times in a 24-skill rotation while weaving in buffs, jumps, and Leg Sweep.

But no hurry, I'm just trying to learn this so I can DPS for Turn 8. No pressure.
You don't have to do turn 8 with 5 DPS. We don't, and we're beating the enrage by a minute now.

reached Level 49 Lancer so I should hit Level 50 in that class by hopefully Tuesday/early Wednesday morning. Once that's out of the way, I'll go back to Monk and start the other Level 50 quests/dungeons

GraveRobberX

Turn 8 down again

Damn, this is like Coil 1 - Turn 4 all over again, pick up everything at the right time, win, fuck up anywhere (taking back like October 2013 mind you), die

Still was fun geling as a group, quicker and faster pick-up were happening and I went from BLM duties to MT for it, so had to re-learn fight and fix my mistakes, which I learned the hard way

dcye

Who'd have thought something named "The Second Coil of Bahamut" would be similarly punishing as something named "The Binding Coil of Bahamut".

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Just hit the lvl 49 story quest and I'm only 46. I was thinking about running dungeons and such, as I will probably find better gear than what I have anyway (and I really enjoy dungeons in FFXIV), but are there other recommended ways to go about it? I generally dislike leves, so if I can avoid doing that, that would be awesome.

Noi

Leves for Battle classes are generally a waste of time unless you just want to top off a level. You can do the Low level roulette, run dungeons, run in FATE parties and complete Beastman dailies for your level.

Just hit the lvl 49 story quest and I'm only 46. I was thinking about running dungeons and such, as I will probably find better gear than what I have anyway (and I really enjoy dungeons in FFXIV), but are there other recommended ways to go about it? I generally dislike leves, so if I can avoid doing that, that would be awesome.

Same thing happened to me - dungeons are the way to go.

kiryogi

Banned

FATEs

GraveRobberX

Well you should be doing your lvl 45 Job Quest, which is excellent for your level, your AF
You get your Head, Hands, Legs and Feet
Body is always level 50 Quest

FATE's help out a lot, also Beastmen tribe dailies give nice chunks of xp, don't forget challenge, completing those objectives, rains in the xp

Just as you hit 50 and finish Main Storyline, run through the new dungeons, grabbing w/e pieces you can
Do not chase for a certain piece, always get w/e you can if it is an upgrade

Do Wanderer's Palace and Amdapor Keep a few times and get some drops, and start accumulating Myth for yourself, along the wat start earning Soldiery to really catch up to the pack
There's a lot of you have to go through to reach, where most of us are, but it's easier for you to catch up to BiS 2.1 standards real quickly

Sophia

Do dungeons, get caught up on your class quests, get caught up on your Grand Company as they send you to dungeons anyhow, do FATEs for XP and GC Seals, challenge log, etc.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Well you should be doing your lvl 45 Job Quest, which is excellent for your level, your AF
You get your Head, Hands, Legs and Feet

Oh, I did that a while ago.

I need to run Halatali to finish off Rank 1 of my GC hunting log, but of course no one is queueing for that, AND I'm DPS. Kill me now.

Beastman quests are a good idea, too. I need to unlock Sahagin and Amaljaa (already got Sylphs and Kobolds), which I'll do tonight. Plenty to do there, and I've been meaning to build affinity with them.

I know theres tons of info on this online but I just wanted to ask the Gaf Tanks this ...

Which class is your preferred tank? Pal or War?

Sometimes I hear very nice "They're both good tanks, just different ways" stuff but lately when I search it seems like people are getting all tribal and picking sides.

I'm a Glad right now but I want to max out both.

Also, who do you become a Paladin? I mean, I know you have to be a level 30 Glad and I think you have to be a level 15 conjurer but I see that there's skill/ skill enhancements that you get from being a level 40+ Glad so when's a good time to upgrade? Or do you just get those buffs when you become a Paladin?

Number45

On stat priority for WAR. I know vit > all, but there must be a point where enough of another stat is greater than a point or two in vit?

I bought Storm Lieutenant's Labrys from the GC and an FC member kindly made me Barbarian's Bardiche.

The Labrys has +4 vit (and more damage and accuracy), but the Bardiche has 20 parry. I realise I'll change/upgrade these soon enough, but curious as to which people would prefer for tanking if given the choice.

Also, if Xha Amariyo (or could be Xau, not 100%) is still in the GAF Ultros FC feel free to boot her out.

GraveRobberX

Oh, I did that a while ago.

I need to run Halatali to finish off Rank 1 of my GC hunting log, but of course no one is queueing for that, AND I'm DPS. Kill me now.

Beastman quests are a good idea, too. I need to unlock Sahagin and Amaljaa (already got Sylphs and Kobolds), which I'll do tonight. Plenty to do there, and I've been meaning to build affinity with them.

Yeah the quest give good xp, everyday you can really add to your total

On stat priority for WAR. I know vit > all, but there must be a point where enough of another stat is greater than a point or two in vit?

I bought Storm Lieutenant's Labrys from the GC and an FC member kindly made me Barbarian's Bardiche.

The Labrys has +4 vit (and more damage and accuracy), but the Bardiche has 20 parry. I realize I'll change/upgrade these soon enough, but curious as to which people would prefer for tanking if given the choice.

Also, if Xha Amariyo (or could be Xau, not 100%) is still in the GAF Ultros FC feel free to boot her out.

First it's always Damage, more damage = more threat
Then it's Accuracy, if you reach the right amount or over cap, you'll never miss/whiff
Then Parry

At first I tried stacking Parry for mitigation, then realized, I missed a lot and threat was an issue as a Tank, when I started out

You always try to build up to it

Hystzen

Ha ha!! Three hours, dude??

So the so-called Company of Heroes sent me all across the country like a common kitchen boy collecting items for a banquet, in order to assess my suitability to combat a Primal the size of a f**king four-story building. Did I get that right? You would think the primal fight was going to be a cook-off or something. Where do they get this stuff?

The fight itself was pretty much by-the-numbers. We killed him pretty promptly and I even got a commendation. :)

Testing your resolve to defeat primals something something JPRG filler something something.

Yeah was a odd series of shit you want fight Titan ok go be my postman that make you prepared

Number45

First it's always Damage, more damage = more threat
Then it's Accuracy, if you reach the right amount or over cap, you'll never miss/whiff
Then Parry

At first I tried stacking Parry for mitigation, then realized, I missed a lot and threat was an issue as a Tank, when I started out

You always try to build up to it
Perfect, thanks. Was leaning towards the Labrys because of the damage (RAWR!), but wanted to be sure. :)

Winter John

I've been lvling up my black mage and just got to a dungeon called Brayflox. I tried it twice, but each time the parties got wiped and players quit out. I wouldn't have minded but it took around 45 minutes to get summoned. Is that normal?

Number45

I've been lvling up my black mage and just got to a dungeon called Brayflox. I tried it twice, but each time the parties got wiped and players quit out. I wouldn't have minded but it took around 45 minutes to get summoned. Is that normal?
At the bosses? Mechanically some of the bosses can be tricky there (if you don't DPS the bubbles on the second boss or move the last boss for example, or if the tank doesn't position properly to pick up the adds on the first boss) and the open areas are very patrol heavy which can lead to bigger pulls than you can handle.

So it can take some care, but it's not all that tricky.

danthefan

The normal mobs are fairly easy. In the fairly wide area, skirt around the left hand edge of the map and you won't pull mobs by accident.

For the second (?) boss when the add spawns you should sleep the boss and kill the add.

For the newt looking boss you have to kill the bubbles when they form as a matter of urgency.

For the last boss the tank has to move the boss off the green stuff on the floor or else you can't kill him.

Winter John

Yeah, I usually stick to the sides and try and work my way around to the opposite side of the healer or tank. I didn't think it was much different or harder than the other low level dungeons I've done so far. So I was kind of surprised that people were just instantly quitting

danthefan

Yeah, I usually stick to the sides and try and work my way around to the opposite side of the healer or tank. I didn't think it was much different or harder than the other low level dungeons I've done so far. So I was kind of surprised that people were just instantly quitting

Well I have to say the first time I did it I certainly thought it was more difficult than the rest of the dungeons to that point, but I don't think I've ever had a group quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom