• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Where are these located? Wouldn't mind checking them out. I know of one near Waking Sands, but that's about it.

You have to go into the base at Waking Sands to see them. I think a lot of people miss them (like me) because they don't show up on the main map unless you actually go inside the instanced area.

Got my first level 50 tonight, SMN. It's pretty exciting since I've never hit the level cap in an MMO before! I'm looking forward to finishing up the main story and leveling some more classes now.

Number45

It keeps me going, sort of. I hit 33 as my thaumaturge and I think I'm starting to hit that wall of the grind. It happens in every MMO for me. Seeing that XP bar move so slowly even though I do so much is such a pain in the ass.
With the main quest, the odd dungeon, hunting/challenge logs and FATEs as you pass through them you should hardly ever find yourself wanting for XP. The most I ever had to find for a level locked main quest was about 30%, and that's gone in a few leves.

suzu

It keeps me going, sort of. I hit 33 as my thaumaturge and I think I'm starting to hit that wall of the grind. It happens in every MMO for me. Seeing that XP bar move so slowly even though I do so much is such a pain in the ass.

Still, this game is so good.

Unlocking Duty Roulette: Low Level will help. Do that once a day and you'll get a ton of exp.

looks like I won't have to wait very long to reach ilvl 52. Need 115 mythology tomestones and I'll have enough to to get at least one article of clothing which should be Item Level 90 if I remember correctly. That should make getting into the relic reborn trial much easier

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I'm a straight up attack mage. Recently took the Black. You looking to get a posse together? I'm down for whatever...

nice, what's your character name and what time do you usually play? seems like weekday evenings, 8ish est is ideal. also what level is you're blm? we're 43 & 44.

Kinda wish they had given us the Gold Saucer already

i really hope gold saucer & personal housing are fleshed out, as those will really determine if i hang around the game over the long term.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
You have to go into the base at Waking Sands to see them. I think a lot of people miss them (like me) because they don't show up on the main map unless you actually go inside the instanced area.

Oh interesting. I'll have to check those out. Thanks!

Woohoo Titan EX down!

I think it is better if the newcomers learn the EX Primals on their own and get them down because it's one more step in learning to handle advanced mechanics that will continually be thrown at you if you opt to progress forward with Second Coil and any other new content that's meant to be more challenging. However, when I'm available, I'm always down for helping on EX primals. Just ask Tiduz about our pug Ifrit EX adventure.

I'm not going to disagree with you at all, but there's a middle ground here. I have been making it through Titan EX without error 95% of the time for most of the week, only to have random parties that just couldn't make it (there have been some good attempts by GAF too, thank you all who have). The challenge is finding a team. I know people are saying we newer people should learn together (and we do) but it can be a challenge to fill out the teams with 8 people that fit that category sometimes.

I don't think it's totally true that a new person who is struggling for a clear doesn't know the mechanics. Part of it is find a team who knows the mechanics as well and is on at the same time.

Congrats, did you do pug or FC party? Yesterday I got a really good pug ,got to the superbomb on first try, but the tank dc after 25% echo, 20m left.

PUG but they were all damn good. Everyone was positive and kind. After a few errors we had a golden run of zero deaths, zero res, full health win. I knew it was a good team when every run no one was missing until the 2 add phase ever.

IMBored

PUG but they were all damn good. Everyone was positive and kind. After a few errors we had a golden run of zero deaths, zero res, full health win. I knew it was a good team when every run no one was missing until the 2 add phase ever.

I never even got to second ads phase, after the first is where things go awry in my experience. Bad positioning for the bombs, late pull on the ads and lots of wol normally wipe the group.

Dunan

My goldsmith is at level 42 thanks largely to one of the easiest places to pick up experience that I've seen in this game.

Probably common knowledge already, but just in case it isn't: buy the components of the Silver Gorget, make as many as your inventory can hold, then go to Costa Del Sol and repeatedly undertake the leve "It's Only Love". You won't even have to move a step to hand the gorget over to the person asking for it, and you can go right back and accept the leve again.

Repeat until you either run out of leves or get bored. (I ran out of leves.)

Capeo

Banned
Started my Atma grind in earnest last night. Five hours, one Atma. This is going to be quite the chore if that ratio keeps up.

Soi-Fong

Well done!

It pained me when we got close with the gaf party but ultimately failed. I just want to get that mission done, I'm fed up of it. It's a shame there's no practice mode that dumps you straight into the post-heart stage.

I can do it with you if you need a healer. Cleared it with a PUG yesterday on second try. Such a fun trial if everyone knows what they're doing.

In game: Naoto Shirogane

My Fc died right before 2.2 I cant find a steady static that needs a blm on my server :(.. you guys think it would be worth it to transfer to ultros?

Tex117

Banned
The item grind and the "must be with a party" stuff is just too irritating. I'm finishing up this month of service and then, Im done.

I effing can't get to ilvl55 with everyone eating sheet in coppermines Hard.

Hasney

The item grind and the "must be with a party" stuff is just too irritating. I'm finishing up this month of service and then, Im done.

Really? I think I've only had one wipe through DF there in 20 or so goes.

dramatis

YRk0xYU.jpg

The problem of not having enough resolution to see anything and then not having enough UI space to fit things in, resulting in poorly placed Focus Target:
kHv1QYT.jpg

Also, the Place target renders a bit off the dot on SD for some reason.

Necessary window size for visibility on SD:
sCawz38.jpg

Teleporting, a window too large for SD:
PRvk1W0.jpg

T6 in SD, where party list + chat window at smallest covers about 2/5ths of the screen:
MJ5sGLy.jpg

Good times. Does anyone actually play this game in SD...?

DJIzana

Finally got my Atma weapon last night. Now for the hard work of farming dungeons for hours upon ungodly hours... at least this upcoming weekend will be an awesome one with the preview of 2.3 going online.

Capeo

Banned

This game is a whole new world if you can find a cool FC to run stuff with. Depending soley on DF can be an exercise in frustration.

Even with the echo? What's your party composition?

Generally two white mages, paladin, warrior, and typically black mage, summoner, bard, and dragoon. Sometimes two black mages and no dragoon.

We have no problem with the healing or tanking. Just with the conflagrations at this point. We are always like one or two seconds late.

phierce

Generally two white mages, paladin, warrior, and typically black mage, summoner, bard, and dragoon. Sometimes two black mages and no dragoon.

We have no problem with the healing or tanking. Just with the conflagrations at this point. We are always like one or two seconds late.
Are you guys all way, way under geared by chance? That group composition (especially with this new echo) shouldn't have a tough time with the conflags.

Also, make sure your SMN is hitting Bane+Fester when the fast conflag comes.

Are you guys all way, way under geared by chance? That group composition (especially with this new echo) shouldn't have a tough time with the conflags.

Also, make sure your SMN is hitting Bane+Fester when the fast conflag comes.

For the core six of us (2xWHM, PLD, WAR, SMN, BRD) we are ~item level 90. I'm a WHM and item level 92. Depending on the other two we bring it depends. I'll mention that to the summoner though. One thing we have not been doing is walking a fireball into the conflag.

Alucrid

Banned
For the core six of us (2xWHM, PLD, WAR, SMN, BRD) we are ~item level 90. I'm a WHM and item level 92. Depending on the other two we bring it depends. I'll mention that to the summoner though. One thing we have not been doing is walking a fireball into the conflag.
You probably want to do that since itll stop twin from getting stacks. Unless echo let's you kill conflate fast enough, haven't done turn 5 in months.

how many are getting hit by the fireball before conflag

danthefan

Stupid captain obvious question, but I assume if a boss in a dungeon drops a weapon there's equal chance it could be for any class? Really want that Eisentaenzer from Stone Vigil, but not if it's a 1% drop.

IvorB

nice, what's your character name and what time do you usually play? seems like weekday evenings, 8ish est is ideal. also what level is you're blm? we're 43 & 44.

Cool, man. I'm level 43 at the moment, Eremis Malefactor in the game. I play mostly weekends and Thursday evening and down for whatever really. I'm in EU timezone though...

Baleoce

My goldsmith is at level 42 thanks largely to one of the easiest places to pick up experience that I've seen in this game.

Probably common knowledge already, but just in case it isn't: buy the components of the Silver Gorget, make as many as your inventory can hold, then go to Costa Del Sol and repeatedly undertake the leve "It's Only Love". You won't even have to move a step to hand the gorget over to the person asking for it, and you can go right back and accept the leve again.

Repeat until you either run out of leves or get bored. (I ran out of leves.)

You're better off doing "He Has His Quartz", gathering HQ mats, synthing and handing in the HQs for 95k a pop. Then moving onto the new leve tier each 5 levels, as eventually those HQ hand ins get in the range of 150-210k a pop.

That makes running out of leves less likely in the long term, and you can make quicker progress on other crafts without having to wait for them to recharge.

Also, distance is kind of irrelevant for leve hand-ins, as there are so many means of quick travel, and you can set free aetheryte (hand-in) and favoured/home point (quest accepting) for when you need to turn them all in back to back, so you're actually still making gil from the leves.

Wouldn't that still be four people getting hit? Or does Garuda not count?

it does. 4 is the standard number, so you need to make sure your dps know what to do during conflags it seems. If they aren't dying with 4 stacks on twin then it's a dps issue. It could be that people aren't preparing for conflags correctly (ie not being in the right stance/not having buff up). The odd conflags are long, so they aren't a race, so big cooldowns shouldn't be needed for them, even conflags do need those cooldowns since they're short

phierce

Wouldn't that still be four people getting hit? Or does Garuda not count?
it does. 4 is the standard number, so you need to make sure your dps know what to do during conflags it seems. If they aren't dying with 4 stacks on twin then it's a dps issue. It could be that people aren't preparing for conflags correctly (ie not being in the right stance/not having buff up). The odd conflags are long, so they aren't a race, so big cooldowns shouldn't be needed for them, even conflags do need those cooldowns since they're short
Yeah, pretty much this.

phierce

With an i90 party and +15% echo, wouldn't they be ok with 3? i.e. OT, pet, and the fireball target?
Sure they would, but still safer with 4. However, struggling at ilvl 90 and with 15% echo, I'm not 100% convinced it's a pure DPS problem. Sounds like a problem of not doing something right...or not knowing how to do it right, maybe.

Also, I think running the fireball in to conflag will be a good change for you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom