• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
The item grind and the "must be with a party" stuff is just too irritating. I'm finishing up this month of service and then, Im done.

I effing can't get to ilvl55 with everyone eating sheet in coppermines Hard.

How dare an MMO make you play multilayer.
The audacity in the gaming industry is reaching ridiculous heights. Those suits at the top need to realize that when we buy a massively multilayer online game, we want to play solo.

Wilsongt

I wouldn't put blame on Eos. She actually does her job. The scholar on the other hand... "All out of Aetherflow stacks and it's on cool down. RIP in peace"

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
My FC just cannot beat T5. We don't have enough DPS to get the conflagrations down in time most of the time.

i83 was good enough for conflags without echo.
If your DPS can't get them down in time with the echo an all the gear available now something is seriously wrong. The DPS need to get good.

Hystzen

As a dragoon I'm offended

i did get major beat up during Ifrit HM double eruption and when got raised it was on a eruption spot...back down again :/

dcye

i83 was good enough for conflags without echo.
If your DPS can't get them down in time with the echo an all the gear available now something is seriously wrong. The DPS need to get good.

Yep this is it. You have bad DPS. No getting around that fact.

Tex117

Banned
How dare an MMO make you play multilayer.
The audacity in the gaming industry is reaching ridiculous heights. Those suits at the top need to realize that when we buy a massively multilayer online game, we want to play solo.
Easy, tiger. There is nothing wrong with it. Its just that MMO's are not for me it seems. I was half convinced they were through the main scenario, but when every one of my quests were Duty Finder related...I get in to be soon wiped out just trying to level gear up so I can continue on to my relic quest...I'm just not getting a lot of warm fuzzies.

This game is a whole new world if you can find a cool FC to run stuff with. Depending soley on DF can be an exercise in frustration.
This is what Im doing...and its not terribly fun...nor is waiting for the instance.

Its still a great game as I enjoyed my romp up to 50, but now, Im having to rely on too many factors outside my control in the game to continue on up the ranks.

dcye

This is what Im doing...and its not terribly fun...nor is waiting for the instance.

This is the whole point though, why aren't you embracing the community aspect of the game and finding people to do stuff with? You're shunning the most important aspect of the whole game. Finding friendly and active social FC's is not hard. I see about ten adverts for them a day. I cannot stress how much this will improve your enjoyment of the game.

That, or DPS aren't saving their cooldowns for fast conflags properly. Second one should be the fast one.

In full i90 and a 15% echo buff, Im strongly leaning towards diablos's theory.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
This is the whole point though, why aren't you embracing the community aspect of the game and finding people to do stuff with? You're shunning the most important aspect of the whole game. Finding friendly and active social FC's is not hard. I see about ten adverts for them a day. I cannot stress how much this will improve your enjoyment of the game.

In full i90 and a 15% echo buff, Im strongly leaning towards diablos's theory.

lol, I got blown up in a conflag once even with echo :(

That, or DPS aren't saving their cooldowns for fast conflags properly. Second one should be the fast one.

The biggest problem is probably that for some reason we were not taking the fireball into the conflag.

Generally speaking we were able to get through the phase three times last night, but promptly died on the divebombs because we hadn't had much practice.

theta11

With the echo you have to treat every conflag like a fast conflag. There is a strong chance the conflag will die before fireball comes up. You can choose to either wait if you know fireball is coming or destroy every conflag as fast as possible. Also, with everyone over or close to 5k you can probably 3 stack conflags by now.

WolvenOne

With the echo you have to treat every conflag like a fast conflag. There is a strong chance the conflag will die before fireball comes up. You can choose to either wait if you know fireball is coming or destroy every conflag as fast as possible. Also, with everyone over or close to 5k you can probably 3 stack conflags by now.

Yeah, at this point it's better to just burn everything down and expect to take a fireball. If you see that you're targeted for a fireball and the Conflag still has plenty of HP, I'd say go for it. More often then not though, the conflag will be on it's last legs when the next fireball comes up, so there's a good chance you'll run in, the conflag will die, and you'll take the fireball solo.

So, yeah, best to just treat all conflags like fast conflags. <_<;;

I was thinking this. The only time it gets hairy is during Death Sentences, especially if a healer gets the conflag.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
UWz4gTh.png

Get a load of this asshole!

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I was thinking this. The only time it gets hairy is during Death Sentences, especially if a healer gets the conflag.

Take all your DPS to dummies and parse their rotations for 3-5 minutes.
Find the weak link and help them. They are probably not using optimal rotations and that can be easily fixed.

Bottom line is your group's DPS is at fault here. They should never even come close to letting those blow up with the echo.

Capeo

Banned
If you have a cool FC you should never be waiting on anything. You run with your FC. My FC is tiny (21 people) but super active. There's always at least a full party on and everyone's cool. Every night we ask what people are trying to get done then we group up and get them through that content. If they need myth we farm bray. More accuracy for coil? We farm T1 for the early drops. Leveling another class? Let's run some low level dungeons. Everyone helps everyone.

Take all your DPS to dummies and parse their rotations for 3-5 minutes.
Find the weak link and help them. They are probably not using optimal rotations and that can be easily fixed.

Bottom line is your group's DPS is at fault here. They should never even come close to letting those blow up with the echo.

Yeah, that was the feeling I got from it all too. The other thing I need to watch out for is if everyone is switching to conflags immediately, as I noticed they were late a few times. It's just frustrating because T4 is a joke but we're struggling with T5. I mean, this was our second attempt and we barely got to phase three.

WolvenOne

UWz4gTh.png

Get a load of this asshole!

Especially given that healers going nuke happy is a frequent source of annoyance. If you're a healer, your top priority is healing, if everyone is topped off you can nuke, but even then, don't go attacking things left and right in a dungeon or instance you aren't familiar with.

Last night I had a Pharos run on DR, our only wipe was when the healer, whom was new to the dungeon, decided to go nuke happy on the second boss, and set off the Enrage. Contributing to the DPS is fine and all, but, if you don't know what you're doing, try to follow the lead of the DPS classes. XD

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Especially given that healers going nuke happy is a frequent source of annoyance. If you're a healer, your top priority is healing, if everyone is topped off you can nuke, but even then, don't go attacking things left and right in a dungeon or instance you aren't familiar with.

Last night I had a Pharos run on DR, our only wipe was when the healer, whom was new to the dungeon, decided to go nuke happy on the second boss, and set off the Enrage. Contributing to the DPS is fine and all, but, if you don't know what you're doing, try to follow the lead of the DPS classes. XD

I do like to help burning Gobmachine or certain phases of Garuda EX but only because Gobmachine does like no damage

Alucrid

Banned
Yeah, that was the feeling I got from it all too. The other thing I need to watch out for is if everyone is switching to conflags immediately, as I noticed they were late a few times. It's just frustrating because T4 is a joke but we're struggling with T5. I mean, this was our second attempt and we barely got to phase three.
Second attempt? We spent like 2 or 3 months on twin.

WolvenOne

I do like to help burning Gobmachine or certain phases of Garuda EX but only because Gobmachine does like no damage

Yeah, there are times when you can most definitely get away with it. However, as a tank, I most definitely notice when healers are skimping on healing in favor of nuking. It's the only time my health regularly goes to half or less during dungeons. Doesn't even matter that I'm hecka over-geared for most dungeons now.

Usually not a problem, but it makes the runs a lot more nerve wracking, and doesn't really make the mobs go down all that much faster.

WolvenOne

Even with the 15% Echo, Twintania is serious business. The difference is that, on T1 and T4, there aren't many party wipe mechanics, where as T5 is absolutely full of party wipe mechanics.

So if you cannot execute the mechanics properly, it doesn't matter that your damage, healing, and HP are all buffed by 15%.

Tabris

To the counterpoint, I am amazed at how few WHM know how to properly manage Holy spam and curing during speed runs.

A lot don't even try to Holy.

Aeana

To the counterpoint, I am amazed at how few WHM know how to properly manage Holy spam and curing during speed runs.

Have you ever tried it?

It's not an easy thing to do, and many tanks cannot hold threat through it in the first place.

Aeana

I have on good authority from Mahou that casting anything but Holy as WHM is being a bad, are you calling him a liar?

My statement says nothing about whether it's a good or bad thing, only that juggling cleric stance, belting out holies, and making sure that the tank is alive through all of it is something that takes quite a lot of practice to get right. It's not an easy thing that someone can just do.

I'm just remembering how I felt when I first started doing it. It's easier for me now, but getting used to the finnickiness of cleric stance and knowing each individual pull well enough to know when it's even safe to holy, and being able to trust your tank to use their cooldowns and hold hate are things that take time and practice. It's great if the WHM is good enough to be able to do it, but I wouldn't begrudge anyone for not being comfortable enough to belt out as many holies as possible.

Errr...try healing a Bray speed run...it can be kinda annoying having to move all the time because of the mad bomber and then you have 89 enemies on the tank who doesn't want to use defensive cooldowns or what not...no time for Holy.

...tis also why I despise healing speed runs and am at the point where I will not heal a DF HM Bray run because every bloody tank wants to speed run, even when they aren't even close to geared for it.

BLCKATK

Sometimes a clutch holy has been a real life saver, I'll be doing that first pull of brayflox, getting smacked and boom, I get a 5 second breather to cast stoneskin on myself and get topped off before the next onslaught of attacks. That alone makes a swiftcast holy worth it.

Isaccard

Errr...try healing a Bray speed run...it can be kinda annoying having to move all the time because of the mad bomber and then you have 89 enemies on the tank who doesn't want to use defensive cooldowns or what not...no time for Holy.

...tis also why I despise healing speed runs and am at the point where I will not heal a DF HM Bray run because every bloody tank wants to speed run, even when they aren't even close to geared for it.

Tanks don't matter in a speed run; everyone else does.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
My statement says nothing about whether it's a good or bad thing, only that juggling cleric stance, belting out holies, and making sure that the tank is alive through all of it is something that takes quite a lot of practice to get right.

I, er, may not have been 100% serious with that comment. I mean, Mahou is a liar. Dude told me Turn 7 wasn't fun!

Tex117

Banned

I have a full month left on my subscription. Since there aren't any big games coming RPGwise, I'll keep trying to get it to work.

If you have a cool FC you should never be waiting on anything. You run with your FC. My FC is tiny (21 people) but super active. There's always at least a full party on and everyone's cool. Every night we ask what people are trying to get done then we group up and get them through that content. If they need myth we farm bray. More accuracy for coil? We farm T1 for the early drops. Leveling another class? Let's run some low level dungeons. Everyone helps everyone.
HA, Im the the GAF FC.

Im not railing on the game. I've enjoyed my time with it. I think its the best FF to come out since FFXII, I just prefer my games solo experiences...and I got that for the most part doing quests 1-50. Im anti-social :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom