• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvorB

I'm not very social.

Work better?

Edit: Don't run away from me Grammer Nazi! I'll march on you like the Normandy invasion.

Ha ha!! I had to check Oxford Dictionary quickly. Nothing worse than being a grammar Nazi and being wrong. Apparently your usage is now correct, though in my defense:

Usage

There is some overlap in the use of the adjectives unsociable, unsocial, and antisocial, but they also have distinct core meanings. Generally speaking, unsociable means ‘not enjoying the company of others’, as in Terry was grumpy and unsociable. Antisocial means ‘contrary to the laws and customs of a society’, as in aggressive and antisocial behaviour. Unsocial is usually only used to describe hours ‘falling outside the normal working day’, as in employees were expected to work unsocial hours.

Tex117

Banned
Ha ha!! I had to check Oxford Dictionary quickly. Nothing worse than being a grammar Nazi and being wrong. Apparently your usage is now correct, though in my defense:

I stand by my original usage. I dislike the laws of duty finder. </end joke>

phierce

I really need a solid static/FC...sigh.

I guess I shouldn't complain really, the FC I'm in is great with lots of good guys and all, but play times don't really mesh for a lot of us.

I need a solid crew that mainly plays Pacific evenings.

Willing to transfer. Hook it up, GAF!

Can someone clear something up for me?

If I decide at some point to run an entirely different class with my monk, are my attributes reset so I can optimize them for the other class or am I stuck trying to learn a tank or healer class with my maxed out strength attributes?

Clarification: Do I have to roll an alt if I want to play a tank or healer because my current attributes are specced for MNK/DPS?

Each class gets their own points to allocate.
Even with the same character? If so, that's....well, amazing, actually.

Now I just need more inventory space! I've got dyes and materia I don't want to use yet - where's the best place to store it? Retainer? What items, exactly, can be stored at the Inn?

suzu

Yep, you can do everything on one character.

Currently arcanist is the only class that splits off into two advanced jobs. For that specific class, you would have to decide if you want to be a healer (scholar) or a dps (summoner) more and allocate your stats accordingly.

You can hire 2 retainers for free after a certain point in the story. See here for info. You can store artifact armor, achievement equips, and other special event equipment in any inn's armoire.

Well thanks to that gamestop sale, I now have the PC version on top of the PS4. I assume I will have to set everything up again on the PC instead of transferring?

Make sure to repair any stuff you want to store in the amoire first or it won't take it.

In other news, finally got an allagan cane of healing, yay! Sadly running out of things to do in game...my day pretty much goes, do DR's for soldiery, do lldr for WAR, gather maps, level BTN a little and call it a day. Hopefully SE starts giving us more beefier patches, I can see a lot of people getting really bored with how fast Second Coil was beaten.

alright, who's the wise guy that thought having to enter the Sunken Temple of Qarn for a Level 50 quest was a good idea? That dungeon is so lame

Tabris

Errr...try healing a Bray speed run...it can be kinda annoying having to move all the time because of the mad bomber and then you have 89 enemies on the tank who doesn't want to use defensive cooldowns or what not...no time for Holy.

...tis also why I despise healing speed runs and am at the point where I will not heal a DF HM Bray run because every bloody tank wants to speed run, even when they aren't even close to geared for it.

Well those are bad tanks. The tank can pull to the river to avoid having to dodge bombs and should be using things like HG > Sentinel during the beginning part which gives you time to get off a couple of Holy's. Which will require you less curing in the end as they'll be dead faster.

Tabris

Make sure to repair any stuff you want to store in the amoire first or it won't take it.

In other news, finally got an allagan cane of healing, yay! Sadly running out of things to do in game...my day pretty much goes, do DR's for soldiery, do lldr for WAR, gather maps, level BTN a little and call it a day. Hopefully SE starts giving us more beefier patches, I can see a lot of people getting really bored with how fast Second Coil was beaten.

No one in GAF has beaten Second Coil though? Most groups are struggling with 6 and 7 still. Actually majority of GAF can't beat past 5 or even has the ilevel requirements for 5.

dcye

No one in GAF has beaten Second Coil though? Most groups are struggling with 6 and 7 still. Actually majority of GAF can't beat past 5 or even has the ilevel requirements for 5.

He wasn't speaking specifically about GAF... :/

Its been fun watching you go from nice guy newbie to cynical argumentative dick tho.

Tabris

He wasn't speaking specifically about GAF... :/

Its been fun watching you go from nice guy newbie to cynical argumentative dick tho.

I was just stating that a lot of people still had a lot to do around things like Coil. No one in GAF had beaten "second coil so easily".

And yeah, I have grown into a cynical dick a bit about the game. My FF11 mentality is returning a bit, I can see it.

Kenai

Eh, there's a LOT of stuff in this game to do, too much for the vast majority to complain about not having anything to do. Coil is only one thing, everything from Beastman rep and Master Crafting to the materia market, spending leves, and vanity sets/items. And of course the Animus thing alone takes a while.

Granted, any one person may not find a lot of it very fun (understandable), and it's fairly easy to get through the main story and want that to continue, but still.

Wouldn't mind doing Master crafting personally but with only 2 level 50 crafting jobs...it will be awhile. I tried master Culinarian but learned it wasn't happening with all crafting jobs maxed out.

So not doing the other two beastmen tribes. Sahagin and Kobold were enough.

Yeah I have been trying to catch my crafting classes up to my main class lately, but it definitely takes a while. Even the gathering classes level faster so far.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Well GAF is largely a casual FC. Not sure what you expected?

Very few people are in a position to even care about being competitive at all in the fc. Between those few groups however there are a lot of reasons why neither have beaten it yet or even gotten as much work as possible in on it to the point where it could be beaten.

The group I'm in can't do the 5 days a week we used to do when working on Twin, even then we still give it our all in the time we have. I wouldn't automatically go out and assume people suck just because the few people in the fc working on t9 haven't gotten it down yet.

chrono01

He expected us to get good, time to vanity some sugarloaf hats for our whole group.
ib0zAcZ2QLKFUb.gif

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Very few people are in a position to even care about being competitive at all in the fc. Between those few groups however there are a lot of reasons why neither have beaten it yet or even gotten as much work as possible in on it to the point where it could be beaten.

The group I'm in can't do the 5 days a week we used to do when working on Twin, even then we still give it our all in the time we have. I wouldn't automatically go out and assume people suck just because the few people in the fc working on t9 haven't gotten it down yet.

Not to mention the fight itself requires a considerable amount of more effort/practice because of all the mini mechanics in each phase...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom