• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_chris

Really confused.

Reading end-game guides they are all saying I should get Darklight gear.

1) I cannot find where to purchase this from the NPC who is said to sell it (the one next to Rowena)
2) All the guides online say I need Allagan Tomes of Philosophy and that I can get these from Castrum... but I've just done Castrum and I only got 20 tomes of mythology. No philosophy.

Can someone sort out my confusion?

You can no longer buy darklight gear. It now drops in certain dungeons. That's the only way to get it now.
Philosophy tomes are now obsolete. It's now mythology and soldiery.

Darte

Ah right...

AK and Wanderers Palace, or whatever it is called?
Edit: Nvm, Copperbell etc?

correct, your myth tokens are better spent on getting the ilvl 90 gear though than the effort to gain darklight. Use darklight to complement gear while getting myth gear. Soldiery is for the highest non raiding gear items from the rowenas aides.

BLCKATK

Ah right...

AK and Wanderers Palace, or whatever it is called?
Edit: Nvm, Copperbell etc?

Darklight (Item Level 70) drops from Halatali Hard, Brayflox Longstop Hard and The Lost City of Ampador.

Item Level 60 gear drops from Copperbell Mines Hard, Haukke Manor Hard, and Pharos Sirius.

Item Level 55 gear drops from Wanderer's Palace and Amapador Keep.

My suggestion, if you are the ilvl required to go into the expert dungeons, just farm those for Darklight, and use the mythology tomes and soldiery tomes you get to buy item level 90 and 100 gear.

This will be Mu Pod in a few weeks. Picture found on ffxiv subreddit.

Also the SCH PvP set.

Unless they change something in 2.28 that brings life back to pvp where queues aren't 20+mins, that won't be anyone but Rai in a few weeks(and that's if he continues for the chest). The grind and queue times are wearing on a lot of us and atleast one of those people linked wintraded their way to everything(Kami Neko is the sch).

danthefan

I've just hit the level where I can start doing Daily quests, are these especially important? I see the rewards are dyes and mounts and stuff, which I'm not too bothered about, will I be missing out on much if I don't do them?

jiggle

I've just hit the level where I can start doing Daily quests, are these especially important? I see the rewards are dyes and mounts and stuff, which I'm not too bothered about, will I be missing out on much if I don't do them?
You get pretty decent amount of xp (6 x 8000) along with tomes of myths (6 x 5) per day
Xp will come in handy since you will be running out of story quests soon
Myths you can trade in for ilv90 gear when u hit lv50

danthefan

You get pretty decent amount of xp (6 x 8000) along with tomes of myths (6 x 5) per day
Xp will come in handy since you will be running out of story quests soon
Myths you can trade in for ilv90 gear when u hit lv50

Ah right thanks, didn't know about the myth.

CLBridges

Finally, Artemis Bow Atma! All in all it didn't take as long as I thought it would, a little over a week and the most I had to grind in one area was a little over 2 hours. And now, 1500 myth a piece for those damn books. I wanted to put an arrow in that NPC! I refuse to get caught up in the Brayflox HM loop, so it'll probably take me a few weeks to get Animus through dailies and such.

I'm going to get serious about coil now and get that loot. Saw someone with that High Allagan Bow and it looks so sweet. I have a long way to go but I gotta have it lol.

Griss

What level can you start doing the hard dungeons or hard primals? I don't quite trust the game's recommendations, lol. I'm iLvl 58 but have been sticking to the roulettes to farm myth tomes. Don't want to jump into a dungeon where my lack of DPS drags the group down, especially since as a summoner I really struggle with burning down multiple adds, it's the fatal flaw in the class.

Taruranto

Meh, you can you can probably jump into primals and most dungeons just fine, with Echo Buff and everything.

Post your lodestone if you want to be 100% sure.

Dunan

Embarrassing questions: what are people referring to when they talk about "Daily" quests? The roulette/guildhest rewards, which reset themselves daily? Don't you only get tomes from those if you do the ones that are level 50?

Griss

Embarrassing questions: what are people referring to when they talk about "Daily" quests? The roulette/guildhest rewards, which reset themselves daily? Don't you only get tomes from those if you do the ones that are level 50?

Pretty sure they mean the beast tribe quests. The sylphs will give you three quests a day once you unlock them through a certain quest. The other tribes the same. I think you can do 6 of these daily quests every day.

You get reputation with the tribe and 5 myth tomes for every quest you do.

EDIT: Beaten :(

T.O.P

Banned
What level can you start doing the hard dungeons or hard primals? I don't quite trust the game's recommendations, lol. I'm iLvl 58 but have been sticking to the roulettes to farm myth tomes. Don't want to jump into a dungeon where my lack of DPS drags the group down, especially since as a summoner I really struggle with burning down multiple adds, it's the fatal flaw in the class.

You can enter Garuda and Ifrit easily

For Titan is another story since good dps is crucial

Count the 10% buffs that you get everytime time there's a wipe (3+ minutes) and it won't be a problem, try to get Ifrit or much better, Garuda weapon asap

As for Hard dungeons like Breyflox it can be different, 90% of the people tend to rush and pull huge pools of mobs wich needs good AoE and must be killed fast since healer can run out of mp easily in these encounters

So yeah, you gotta try that

Alex

How is the end game equipment? Is there at least a decent amount of sets and armour styles (and equipment stats) per class/job?

XIV's weakest element is it's itemization (and customization after that). It is easily the most simplistic out there. It's the same from level 5 to level 50, there's no set bonuses, no class stats, no unique stats, no proc effects.

I'm hoping some of this changes at least by an expansion. Right now gearing is largely mundane, with the added excitement of having hard accuracy caps that vary per raid boss with no way to adjust them outside of putting on different gear.

Zomba13

I think I've lost my will to play. Can't be arsed to log in to run an expert dungeon DR and a Trial DR. Maybe it's because summer has just decided to kick in for no reason over the past few days and it's now all warm here and it makes me tired?

Alex

I think I've lost my will to play. Can't be arsed to log in to run an expert dungeon DR and a Trial DR. Maybe it's because summer has just decided to kick in for no reason over the past few days and it's now all warm here and it makes me tired?

If you feel this way, you should probably take a break. Never feel obligated to log onto a game, it'll really ruin your taste for things.

Pretty sure they mean the beast tribe quests. The sylphs will give you three quests a day once you unlock them through a certain quest. The other tribes the same. I think you can do 6 of these daily quests every day.

You get reputation with the tribe and 5 myth tomes for every quest you do.

EDIT: Beaten :(

So we can do 3 Kobold quests and 3 Amaljaa quests the same day and it won't affect your reputation among those two tribes?

creid

So we can do 3 Kobold quests and 3 Amaljaa quests the same day and it won't affect your reputation among those two tribes?
You will get a little bit of reputation for every daily beastman quest you complete, until you've maxed out reputation. Each beastman tribe has their own reputation level.

Finally got Turn 6 down last night (Worst Coil Group)! It was a strange win in that it got a bit messy in the last few percent, but it didn't really seem to matter by that point. I guess that probably proves what people tend to say: it gets a lot easier once you get past the transition into phase 3. It's a strange fight in that it seems very front-loaded with its mechanics. Either we stroll into the last phase or we get mangled horribly early due to mistakes or bad luck, with no middle ground.

No caster loot this time. Fffff.

Turn 7 is pretty awesome. I'm looking forward to getting this one down
but mainly getting fast enough to take awesome petrification screenshots before I get blown up by fireballs

You will get a little bit of reputation for every daily beastman quest you complete, until you've maxed out reputation. Each beastman tribe has their own reputation level.

Cool, thanks! Don't know why but I was thinking I had to max out reputation with one tribe first before I can start tackling other tribe quests.

Finally got Turn 6 down last night (Worst Coil Group)! It was a strange win in that it got a bit messy in the last few percent, but it didn't really seem to matter by that point. I guess that probably proves what people tend to say: it gets a lot easier once you get past the transition into phase 3. It's a strange fight in that it seems very front-loaded with its mechanics. Either we stroll into the last phase or we get mangled horribly early due to mistakes or bad luck, with no middle ground.

No caster loot this time. Ffff
f.

Grats, but I guess you didn't get the memo that caster loot doesn't exist in Coil 2

Mairu

I hit a wall in my progress to level an alt - Garuda normal! Is The Howling Eye normal even in the low level duty roulette like Titan & Ifrit are?

Looks like I'm just going to have to wait for friends to log on later since spending an hour last night and an hour today waiting for it to pop was met without result.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

Go outside and play / day drink.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Stupid question - what would it be like doing the story quests as a white mage?

Absolutely fine? They have an ability that allows them to swap mind and intellect on the fly and they have a bunch of decent offensive spells as well.
I'd say it's actually easier in some parts because, well, curative spells!

Got my very first high iLvl item. Went for Valor Gauntlets (i90).

I know most people suggest you go for the body first because it has the largest stat upgrade but... the iLvl 60 hand gear I had before looked ridiculous.

just one item level away from being able to do Titan HM which will hopefully be the end of this Relic Reborn charade. And I unlocked Labyrinth of the Ancients. Have no idea when I'll tackle that.

As for the Mog King...I'll gladly destroy him

Jayhawk

I only do expert DR as a tank. I make it a point to state that I will be doing two pulls before the first boss in Brayflox HM since it is a DF group. Safer to do overall and hopefully makes it more enjoyable for the randoms I group with.

WolvenOne

Is there any, trick, to breaking vines faster in T6? I know it'd velocity based, but even knowing that, it seems like it takes players several moments to really dial in 180 degree away from each-other movement.

Which itself isn't necessarily enough, if one or the other player is strafing slightly.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Is there any, trick, to breaking vines faster in T6? I know it'd velocity based, but even knowing that, it seems like it takes players several moments to really dial in 180 degree away from each-other movement.

Which itself isn't necessarily enough, if one or the other player is strafing slightly.

Instead of running instantly when the thorns come out. Wait a second and run after they appear and the situation is assessed.

This should allow people to go as 180 as possible.

Other than that, it is just practice, practice, practice.

plake

I only do expert DR as a tank. I make it a point to state that I will be doing two pulls before the first boss in Brayflox HM since it is a DF group. Safer to do overall and hopefully makes it more enjoyable for the randoms I group with.

I always prefer two pulls as well since it's _much_ safer and honestly not much slower. People need to be on their toes and DPS need to be properly equipped to be able to hand a large pull. In DF that's not always the case.

IvorB

Just rolled on a green hat at the end of a dungeon but left before the roll completed :-(. Now it's gone. That blows. Going to bed. :-(

Nah, betrayal and sabotage can occur at any time. The sudden stab in the back by your party member always happens when you least expect it.

I had a great accidental betrayal last night. Ran to the edge to puke out my cursed voice, noticed I had Thundercloud and flicked off a Thunder 3.

Turning to face Melusine as I did so.

Whoops.

Two pulls is okay, still a bit annoying because it's DR and you don't know what you'll end up with but that's better than tanks constantly doing a huge, giant pull without taking in account of the group's gear and skill. Any plain Joe/Jane can farm soldiery/myth gear.

Jayhawk

Two pulls is okay, still a bit annoying because it's DR and you don't know what you'll end up with but that's better than tanks constantly doing a huge, giant pull without taking in account of the group's gear and skill. Any plain Joe/Jane can farm soldiery/myth gear.

I usually make judgment calls on pull sizes based on the HP of the party members and whether the DPS jobs are good for aoe, even in Lost City and Halatali HM. I love trying to get as many mobs hit by the falling ball-and-chain traps in Halatali.

Since I don't really farm myth outside of the tomes I get from running expert DR daily, I am thinking of forming a casual myth farming static that can farm at a slower pace so we can turn off our brains while doing it and not be anal about speed. It will be similar to how I used to farm Dynamis currency in FFXI in a duo or trio to make the grind more enjoyable.

Mesharey

Is it good to have Foresight (20% def.) from MRD lvl 2, Keen Flurry from LNC lvl 4 (parry rate 20%), and Second Wind from PGL lvl 8 which restores 15% HP to my a Paladin lvl 47?

It seems the last 2 missions in Paladin give sword, shield and armor .. are they extremely good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom