• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I'm queuing up for my first Primal fight(Ifrit). Any tips? I'm a lvl 23 THM.

Kinda nervous, lol, since this is my first big boss ever in an MMO.

Make sure to avoid the plumes, I did that for the first time last night and spent the last 3-4 minutes of the fight dead due to those. Felt really dumb.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Tis a shame Coil groups seem to be falling apart left and right and not just because people are bored of the game.

Man, if dungeons groups can fall apart at the drop of a dime, I shudder to think of how quickly Coil DF groups eat each other.

Mupod

jb0f8f8guf8OIf.jpg

SOON

Taruranto

Sky and sea were better than anything FFXIV has imo :/ they're truly mmo experiences as well and not just a pack of instances that kills the mmo feeling. And what was great of FFXI is that new gears wouldnt make old's obsolete... FFXIV already killed that feeling of 2004-2008's FFXI.

Eh, pretty much. The best thing about Sea/Sky was that many people could partake in it, as oppose to 8 men instances. FCs become fragmented into small groups with little to no communication between each other... and because of lockouts they can't even play together. Sea, Sky, Dynamis, things didn't go to hell because someone decided to quit or didn't show that week.

The gear issue is exactly why I stopped doing Coil seriously (together with the issue to have to find and maintain a new static), I pretty much completed everything before 2.2, I tried the new coil a bit but wasn't really interested to "re-do" everything to have progresses reset in 6 months again. Better just play the game casually, Level 100 gears are more than enough anyway.

Avoid lava
Switch target to nail when it pops up and destroy it asap

Focus on the Nail when it pops up mid battle. if it isn't killed asap the boss enrages causing a wipe.

Make sure to avoid the plumes, I did that for the first time last night and spent the last 3-4 minutes of the fight dead due to those. Felt really dumb.
Thanks, guys. :D I had to leave the queue since I had to do a quick food run. But I'll keep the tips in mind when I head back!

iammeiam

60-ish FATES in East Shroud, zero goat atma.

Decide to finally finish the quest to unlock Leviathan, do one FATE right outside of Aleport because it's on my way, and get the crab atma.

RNG gonna RNG, I guess, but good lord is that frustrating.

I've also hit the fairly difficult to PUG section of fights--Garuda EX and Ultima HM are just exercises in misery; one group, we somehow got a tank that didn't grasp the idea of hiding behind the rocks for Garuda through like four wipes. That's basically an HM mechanic! It's entirely possible I suck at DPS and am not doing my job right (I know my rotation falls apart when I'm trying to kill various plumes or running away from Ultima's eruptions), but at least I'm not eating the insta-death mechanics. The one group I had that was learning and making progress ran up against the time limit and had to give up.

Had surprisingly good luck with Crystal Tower groups, though. That's actually a pretty fun dungeon as long as you don't get an entire party of idiots.

thx for the help on Ultima Weapon, guys. Ifrit....fuck you.

Probably won't have time to tackle on one dungeon or trial when I get back from Future Past later tonight, but maybe later (or even tomorrow), I'll try Lost City of Ampadour. Battle on Big Bridge will have to wait

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Expac won't be till at atleast the end of the year, if it even comes this year. The patch reveal was teased for around e3 but it will not be any part of the show.

Oh boy. End of the year... I know WoW is on the decline and all, but I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the Warlords of Draenor release.

Oh boy. End of the year... I know WoW is on the decline and all, but I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the Warlords of Draenor release.

The way they're going I'd honestly be amazed if that thing even hit the end of the year, going to get both around the same time anyway lol. It's not like it matters since even if it came a month or 2 after, people would still be riding the WoW expac hype train.

There's actually something to this game now to the point where by the time a WoW expac comes out this will have even more and then the expac is doubling that going by what they said. It's not like 1.0 this time around where they only launched it so it could beat Cata release even though it was beyond broken and had little to nothing to it.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Is there even a point in a one-time big expansion instead of adding things gradually with patches?
Marketing, I guess...

Where do you get all this money? Also what do you need crafted stuff for on your DPS jobs I thought you were WHM for coil now.

Selling materia and taking advantage of certain markets when they are hot...and not spending much otherwise! It's a shame the sharks market crashed...=/

And I'm interested in doing dps for second Coil so I thought getting ready can't hurt.

Selling materia and taking advantage of certain markets when they are hot...and not spending much otherwise! It's a shame the sharks market crashed...=/

And I'm interested in doing dps for second Coil so I thought getting ready can't hurt.

Gotcha, guess I shouldn't be lazy and try to make money, but I really don't need much since the only thing I pay for is repairs and food ingredients.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I'm ilvl 86 bard, what's a good way of making gil? Should I buy high level gear off the
marketplace, spiritbond to it and sell off the materia? Or should I start rolling a hunting/crafting class?

There are many ways
People have posted info on how to obtain it, you have to search for it

No one is going to give your the gil making schemes just cause you asked

redhot_

PF's have a higher chance of trolling or elitism run rampant
DF not so much cause you are in a pool from the server cluster

You would think it would be the other way around, I mean Iv witnessed both in each but ever since Iv started extremes I go straight to DF. Lol It always fun getting matched with an A-team and crushing them.

IMBored

So guys what settings do you use on vita? I tried remote play yesterday and while it worked great the chat box and virtual mouse bothered me.

There are many ways
People have posted info on how to obtain it, you have to search for it

No one is going to give your the gil making schemes just cause you asked

I feel like this is a hidden message. Like if you decode it you'd come to the conclusion that he actually put up a really detailed list of ways to make money in the game(He did, its good , look at it.)

Hasney

So guys what settings do you use on vita? I tried remote play yesterday and while it worked great the chat box and virtual mouse bothered me.

I just don't use those. I craft on Vita, or occasionally get into an instance because my DR popped while I'm pooping.

Meantime

Does up/down on the dpad for cycling through party members work the same in 8 man groups as it does in 4? I play a WHM and I'm just about at the point where I'll need to do some of the 8 man stuff soon.

Blizzje

So, does anyone know what the PS4 settings (max/1080p) and performance can be compared to in regards to a PC build? The gpu is equivalent to a r7 265, right? So I would have to outfit my PC with at least a GTX 660 to top the ps4 version?

Hasney

So, does anyone know what the PS4 settings (max/1080p) and performance can be compared to in regards to a PC build? The gpu is equivalent to a r7 265, right? So I would have to outfit my PC with at least a GTX 660 to top the ps4 version?

I'd read this

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-final-fantasy-14-ps4-face-off

You're not going to find much difference in image quality unless you go above 1080p.

It doesn't really work like that though in terms of merely "topping" the PS4 version. I get a better framerate maxed out on my 560ti and i5-2500k than my PS4 on the very busy parts of the game, but that's to do with the weaker CPU in the PS4 more than anything.

The PS4 version is pretty much close to maxed out PC in terms of IQ. The PS4 only loses out on framerate when it gets busy.

Blizzje

I'd read this

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-final-fantasy-14-ps4-face-off

You're not going to find much difference in image quality unless you go above 1080p.

It doesn't really work like that though in terms of merely "topping" the PS4 version. I get a better framerate maxed out on my 560ti and i5-2500k than my PS4 on the very busy parts of the game, but that's to do with the weaker CPU in the PS4 more than anything.

The PS4 version is pretty much close to maxed out PC in terms of IQ. The PS4 only loses out on framerate when it gets busy.

Really? I have a 560ti installed right now, but my monitor doesn't go above 900p. Never tried the max setting. Are you running it on 1080p/max settings with better fps than the ps4 version?

Kinda disappointing then. (ps4 version)

Hasney

Really? I have a 560ti installed right now, but my monitor doesn't go above 900p. Never tried the max setting. Are you running it on 1080p/max settings with better fps than the ps4 version?

Kinda disappointing then. (ps4 version)

1050 due to 16:10, but essentially yes.

The FPS is usually the same at a fairly solid 60fps on both platforms, it's just when it gets busy that the PS4 version goes a bit nuts. Which is fine, it would just need a bit more CPU grunt to cope when Odin drops. (and don't get me wrong, my PC still drops when that happens, just not as hard).

PF's have a higher chance of trolling or elitism run rampant
DF not so much cause you are in a pool from the server cluster

Did Leviathan EX farm with PF a few days ago and a Bard left after the first attempt because we didn't push the phases fast enough and we were wasting his time. Elitism at it's finest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom