• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

completing t5 throws you into n. thanalan

i have to guess it's the quest that directs you towards the second coil

speaking of t5 congrats to nuadha tia for beating it through PF! i never thought you could do it.

Oh you. XD

Thanks man. This was actually quite a shock, seeing as I went in only expecting to get a bit of practice.

Does free me up to enjoy the story stuff and leviathan fights though, so, double Yay!

Xux

Jeeze, tried to squeeze in two CTs before maintenance but the second one was filled with trolls after the first went like cake. :( No drop for me, either, guess I'll have to wait for the RNGs in a few days.

Dunan

Finally figured out a way to get the OST blu-ray tracks from the disc to my Mac!

I couldn't get the files from the disc to a USB stick inserted into the PS3, but the home network system did the job. It's just a matter of turning on Sharing in the Mac's System Preferences.

More details here:

http://www.maclife.com/article/howtos/how_set_file_sharing_home

It was a little confusing because my Mac had always been able to see files in my Vita without sharing being explicitly turned on. Once i turned Sharing on and loaded up 192.168.X.X (these last two being the local IP address of my PS3, which is displayed when you go to the "MP3 Download" menu while running the blu-ray, can be loaded up on the Mac's browser and the files will be saved to the Mac.

TL;DR: Make sure File Sharing is turned on. You can then move the files directly to the computer without ferrying them using a USB disc.

Looks like they did add in the WAR and PLD class mounts, tied to achievements.

Edit: Oh snap, added item list down at the bottom as well.

Noi

Looks like the Zodiak system for relics is already at work? There's two different versions of each iLvl 100 Relic, Relic Atma and Relic Atimus.

Also looks like Leviathan gives... two sets of weapons. i95 for Hard mode, i100 for Extreme. And the crafted/tome(?) weapon is both level 100 (Weathered Burtgang for Gladiator) and Level 110 (Burtgang), with Allagan 2 being ilvl 115.

...That's a lot of new weapons on the same level range for alternate stats, dang.

Looks like the Zodiak system for relics is already at work? There's two different versions of each iLvl 100 Relic, Relic Atma and Relic Atimus.

Also looks like Leviathan gives... two sets of weapons. i95 for Hard mode, i100 for Extreme. And the crafted(?) weapon is both level 100 (Weathered Burtgang for Gladiator) and Level 110 (Burtgang), with Allagan 2 being ilvl 115.

...That's a lot of new weapons on the same level range for alternate stats, dang.

Just saw the hard mode item level. Can't wait to see how mads people get at them being same ilvl as twin weapons.

Noi

Duty roulette changes:

Duty Roulette: Expert and Duty Roulette: Trials have been added to the Duty Finder.
- Duty Roulette: Expert

Available Duties
Halatali (Hard) / Bray Flox's Longstop (Hard) / The Lost City of Amdapor

Bonus Rewards
Gil / Allagan tomestones of soldiery

- Duty Roulette: Trials

Available Duties
A Relic Reborn: The Chimera / A Relic Reborn: The Hydra / The Bowl of Embers (Hard) / The Howling Eye (Hard) / The Navel (Hard) / Thornmarch (Hard) / The Whorleater (Hard) / Battle on the Big Bridge / Cape Westwind

Bonus Rewards
Gil / Allagan Tomestone of Mythology / Allagan tomestones of soldiery

* The duty Cape Westwind has been removed from Duty Roulette: Low Level.

* The above duty roulette categories are unlocked upon completing all of their associated duties.

Registration for Duty Roulette: High Level now requires the completion of all associated duties.
The above changes to Duty Roulette requirements have been made in light reward adjustments, and to give players further incentive to complete all the duties within each category. Furthermore, because a great number of players who register for Duty Roulette have not cleared all duties within a given category, the above changes should also improve average waiting times for players who register for duties directly.

* All players will be required to fulfill the completion requirements of each Duty Roulette category even if they were able to register prior to patch 2.2.

The gil bonus awarded for being an adventurer in need has been increased.
* The gil bonus for adventurers in need, stated in the recent LIVE letter to have received a sevenfold increase, has since undergone adjustments. Gil bonuses will vary by the roulette undertaken, with the maximum increase being sixfold.

me gusta

And the crafted(?) weapon is both level 100 (Weathered Burtgang for Gladiator) and Level 110 (Burtgang), with Allagan 2 being ilvl 115.

The "Weathered" stuff continues into all the equipment slots as well with weathered being 100, and non being 110, same as high allagan gear. Don't know if they are crafted since they are not listed in the new crafting recipes. I expect them to be the new token gear with a way to upgrade them. This would seem odd for the weapon though since before the Relic weapon filled that void, not just buying it outright.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The "Weathered" stuff continues into all the equipment slots as well with weathered being 100, and non being 110, same as high allagan gear. Don't know if they are crafted since they are not listed in the new crafting recipes. I expect them to be the new token gear with a way to upgrade them. This would seem odd for the weapon though since before the Relic weapon filled that void, not just buying it outright.

Pretty sure that stuff is the new tome gear.

Ken

chances are the sands of time and oil of time are tome items needed for weapons to go to weathered and then to the i110 version which sounds like a huge time sink versus just a one-time cost per slot...

crafted gear is most likely the gear with names like wolfram and saurian under items crafters can make

wolfram
heavy wolfram
saurian of striking and aiming
cashmere of casting and healing

for thoroughness, tome gear would be

noct
astrum
gloam
auroral
daystar
evenstar

looks like moogle EM doesn't drop any equipment.

---

not gonna lie; from an equipment viewpoint I'm already feeling bored.

Pretty sure that stuff is the new tome gear.

Yeah that is what I assumed, just odd to see the weapons appearing to be straight up tome gear as well. That is just assuming that everything that has a "weathered" version is the new tome gear though, but do belive that is a good assumption.

chances are the sands of time and oil of time are tome items needed for weapons to go to weathered and then to the i110 version which sounds like a huge time sink versus just a one-time cost per slot...

crafted gear is most likely the gear with names like wolfram and saurian under items crafters can make

wolfram
heavy wolfram

noct
astrum
gloam
auroral
daystar
evenstar

What would those weapons start as though? The relics have their own ilvl 100 versions. From doing the new primal every week? Or just straight from tomes like the weathered versions of all the gear you listed at the end.

Edit:

Yeah just looking at it and thinking that all that gear is just tome items and then upgraded from other tome items makes it all feel really tedious.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

wolfram
heavy wolfram

noct
astrum
gloam
auroral
daystar
evenstar

looks like moogle EM doesn't drop any equipment.

---

Gotta upgrade stuff... or something. idk.

Ken

What would those weapons start as though? The relics have their own ilvl 100 versions. From doing the new primal every week? Or just straight from tomes like the weathered versions of all the gear you listed at the end.

beats me. just doing a quick skim of the notes.

maybe sands of time will let us even equip weathered weapons (which sounds like the worst).

so you collect weathered gear, sands of time returns it to an equippable but still weathered state, and giving gerolt beersoils of time turns them into their "final but still not as good as rng gear" form. but this is baseless assumptions from someone really bored who could be playing a blizzard game right now.

Gotta upgrade stuff... or something. idk.

or play your favorite game

the binding coil of RNG

il9IPPlh82ull.png

Qvoth

yoshida said moogle ex drops accessories though

and for zodiac quest, i'm thinking you'll fight 12 beasts of the zodiac signs, since there's atma of goat,ram,bull,etc

sounds epic

Munba

Item link on chat finally.

Very curious about the 'Brave Zodiac Story' (FFT love ahoy) :D Hope it'll be epic as name suggest.

UrSuLeTzU

Switched back to my full BiS SMN after playing BLM for more than a month and it feels good xD. Getting really pumped for 2.2 and this day can't be over soon enough, I want my fat choco already!

Nohar

I'm a little surprised that there was no class balancing (except for the Ingenuity skill... *shrugs* ).

Sadly, every single new weapons can't be crafted. Blacksmiths and carpenters won't have many useful new recipes, if you don't take furnishing into account.

Now, there are several new weapons that can be crafted with Alchemy (Giantsgall weapons), but since it doesn't seem we can actually wield those, I'll take a wild guess and say that they are necessary to unlock the new relic/Zodiac weapons.

And it doesn't seem the Gold Smith will be able to craft any new accessories either...

BadRNG

400 level 50 dungeon clears needed for the tank mounts, 200 for each class. Goddamn we got screwed compared to CNJ mount. If it were lower I might be more willing to DF more for it, but 200? Screw that. What a ridiculous number, I would be really surprised if this actually motivates more people to tank for randoms.

The weathered Soldiery system is interesting. Hopefully the tome difference won't be too massive to what it was like with myth. I guess any way to mitigate RNG in Coil2 is good though.

Also lol@ the Leviathan HM weapon being 95(EX is 100). Twintania confirmed for vanity boss. I'm betting the i100 Ribbon necklace line of items are from Mog EX, as he doesn't appear to be doing weapons.

Oh those prism items are so simple to craft...I have some farming to do! Maybe my level 50 WVR will get some work.

I really want to do Leviathan EX...forever a EM Titan scrubcat.

I despise the mere mention of millioncorn, even if it's been around already.

Bara and Exelon will be busy.

kirby2096

Got my copy of the ARR OST in today, same day as general release in Japan!.
The video shown when playing the Titan theme is a masterclass on how not to play it xD

Xux

Hey, you can have the Haukke Manor instruments as furnishings. :D

I wonder if I can convince Graham to make a harpsichord to the house...

Zomba13

400 level 50 dungeon clears needed for the tank mounts, 200 for each class. Goddamn we got screwed compared to CNJ mount. If it were lower I might be more willing to DF more for it, but 200? Screw that. What a ridiculous number, I would be really surprised if this actually motivates more people to tank for randoms..

I really really REALLY hope the tally counts runs from before the patch.

Registration for Duty Roulette: High Level now requires the completion of all associated duties.

This only slightly bothers me since I haven't done copperbell mines hard yet and was hoping to get that for HLDR yesterday but I got PS again. :(..

Luckily that's the only one I've not had/done though so it's not too bad.

Zomba13

The fuck does that mean? We can't Duty Roulette unless we've done all the lvl50 dungeons?

Sin

White Raven Armor Fragment

Came in to post about this. Can't believe nobody is speculating on this yet.

I think we'll be fighting him in the 2nd Coil. The crafted items from the White Raven Fragment sound like the Coil housing items.

Will proudly don my White Raven Earrings from 1.0 during the fight!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Came in to post about this. Can't believe nobody is speculating on this yet.

I think we'll be fighting him in the 2nd Coil. The crafted items from the White Raven Fragment sound like the Coil housing items.

Will proudly don my White Raven Earrings from 1.0 during the fight!
Turn 9 boss is my bet.

WolvenOne

I think what it means is that if you have not completed Pharos Sirius once, then you won't get it in High Level Duty Roulette.

Which is a HUGE boon! It means that places like Pharos won't be half as annoying when they come up on Roulette. Since you will always be paired with people who have completed the dungeon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom