• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is a HUGE boon! It means that places like Pharos won't be half as annoying when they come up on Roulette. Since you will always be paired with people who have completed the dungeon.

Not necessarily. You could go through duty roulette and group with people that went there with duty finder as their first time, if I'm not reading it wrong.

orion434

I assume the Terminus Putty is a myth tome mat for the ilv 90 Crafted Gear... some require 1 and some need 2... wonder how much they will cost?

Or will the Saurian Skin be the myth tome mat? Shroud Tea Leaves will be a gather item...

Apoptomon

Looking through the notes, some of the things that caught my eye:
They're changing the all Hero's myth gear (names, appearance and rarity)? - "Zodiac brave" (I smell Ivalice) - "Manderville dance" (Hildibrand has a special dance what?) - No more "healer go stand on that rubble to avoid doom" in Qarn (LOL I remember those times) - "/beckon quests" have been made harder (again? they did that in 2.1 also didn't they?) - Luminary tools, master rings, and zenith relic weapons can now be discarded? That could go very wrong Oh, I see, they can be reclaimed from the Calamity Salvager (Still kind of pointless then?) - Glamour crystals have to be made by the crafter that repairs/makes the base item (?) - Cape Westwind is now a Trial Roulete (I thought people wanted it grouped with CM and Prae?)

... I didn't see a mention of exactly which dungeons Darklight will drop from though. I need that caster gear :( Guess it's time to go unlock the HMs and Pharos.

Speaking of High level Duty Roulette, remember when people said DR was to help new people get through DF dungeons? Whether or not it was the actual intent, that aspect isn't changed by this. The roulette 'gambler' will have to have done the dungeon before but not anyone else in the party.

I haven't had a chance to read the notes yet, anything about the conversion rate of Philo to Myth?
Only this:
patch notes said:
Allagan tomestones of soldiery have been added.
* Players can only obtain 450 Allagan tomestones of soldiery per week, and carry a maximum of 2,000.
The weekly limitation on Allagan tomestones of mythology has been removed.
Allagan tomestones of philosophy are no longer obtainable.
Please note that any Allagan tomestones of philosophy obtained prior to patch 2.2 will not be lost. All trials and duties that formerly yielded Allagan tomestones of philosophy will now offer either Allagan tomestones of mythology or Allagan tomestones of soldiery.
The NPC Auriana in Revenant's Toll will now give players the option to exchange Allagan tomestones of philosophy for Allagan tomestones of mythology.
Items which required Allagan tomestones of philosophy can no longer be obtained from the NPC Auriana.
* Items that were previously purchasable can be obtained through other means.

Jinko

It feels like their developers found the problem "too hard to fix" so they gave up.
It's sad to see Odin become so trivialized that he has no reason to really be in the game.

Funny thing is if they had just gone with a simple vanity tab Odins armor would have worked fine.

SE just being retarded as usual and feeling they have to reinvent the wheel.

As for the fight I duno why they they just don't put a lock out ring around him and put up a wall when the population inside the ring hits a certain amount. (of course I'm no developer so that may not be possible in the open world, but it sounds like it could work lol)

Bit of a Scholar question for folks:

When do you SCH folk use Sacred Soil? I find myself using it quite a bit (though in fights where I know things may be difficult dmg wise, I tend to save stacks for lustrate or for mp during longer fights) but in CT and dungeons (even when I'm on my DRG and there is another SCH healing us), I hardly see SCHs use Sacred Soil at all.

I see it as a waste when you know it could help and/or you know your aetherflow will be off CD by the time you need it for lustrate. But I hardly see it used, you're more likely to see a Shadow Flare than a Sacred Soil from some of the SCHs I've been with.

Depends on the fight, I use it a lot in Garuda and Titan or in dungeons when the tank pulls 2-3 groups, but I always make sure I have at least 1 stack for an emergency Lustrate.

Kyari

I really hope the new foestriker tabard lookalike is DoW and dyable. I wear the regular one on my Paladin and would like a different coloured version of it, but the only alternative in 2.1 is the Bard PvP piece :( Glamours will be the death of me.

Number45

Ugh, playing across multiple platforms is a nightmare. Bad enough the cross hotbar configuration isn't shared, but they don't even store gear sets on the server side. FAAAARK!

Multi slot armor needs to fuck off, regardless.
I can get behind this. Not being able to compare is bad enough without worrying about stats across slots. :(

Stuart444

Well, just read the patch notes.

The Duty Roulette changes, I read as "You need to complete every dungeon in this category to be able to do the roulette for it".

So for me, that's just HMHM left to do.

Now time to go play something, maybe finish Atelier Escha and play some FFXHD. Tomorrow should be fun when the patch is up and maint is done :)

The full patch notes are looking really good.

I probably won't be able to resist doing Amdapor and Leviathan, but part of me wants to go straight into crafting and gathering on patch day to try to capitalize on the market as much as possible. Strawberry and I transferred our Legacy characters and stripped them dry earlier this week. I'm a millionaire again and have all my shards maxed out, with over 300 of each crystal, and a bunch of clusters. I had to pay $18 for the transfer but it was totally worth it. It almost feels dirty. That 1.0 blood money.

Jinko

Congrats Tia!

And i feel they need to do something with fishing. I fished a lot this weekend and most of them outside of the countless hammerhead sharks, some silver sharks and red coral...is totally useless! I even caught a one star fish at 38, the Giant catfish and was so annoyed i couldn't use it for anything. As opposed to something like BTN where everything i gather can be useful.

You can now make Steamed Catfish lol :D

Zomba13

I think what it means is that if you have not completed Pharos Sirius once, then you won't get it in High Level Duty Roulette.

That I would be 100% fine with as I unlocked it and tried it ebcause it was a new dungeon and Siren and it was a very cool dungeon but have never completed it due to either healers not doing their goddamn job during the fight or someone else letting the crawlers get through (I've tried as both Tank and DPS and never beaten it).

Happy to see they're adding new gathering stuff just as I'm nearing 50 on my first gathering class (miner).

Although... It's going to be a bit weird digging up soil with a pickaxe. Maybe I'll make some gil from it though.
it'll be undercut to 1 gil by the third day

creid

Funny thing is if they had just gone with a simple vanity tab Odins armor would have worked fine.

SE just being retarded as usual and feeling they have to reinvent the wheel.
Simple vanity tab would've been nice, but they're trying to kill two birds with one stone by giving crafters more to do.

Stuart444

That I would be 100% fine with as I unlocked it and tried it ebcause it was a new dungeon and Siren and it was a very cool dungeon but have never completed it due to either healers not doing their goddamn job during the fight or someone else letting the crawlers get through (I've tried as both Tank and DPS and never beaten it).

How so? Lunatic voice can be an issue if no one is stunning it (though it should be Esuna'd ASAP and if DPS are doing their jobs of taking down the crawlers/adds then that shouldn't be an issue). As a DRG with Alice as WHM and random War/SMN, it was a pathetically easy battle that makes me wonder why it needs a nerf. That second fight with the Zu was harder.

Seriously, I just made sure to back the War tank up for stuns with Leg Sweep if it looked like he was going to miss the stun (he even admitted he wasn't the best with stunning it before hand) and I took down the crawlers very quickly with the SMN. Only 2 Lunatic voices got out and were Esuna'd quickly in order of Tank (incase he needs a top up asap) -> healer (again, incase) -> DPS.

Is it a step up from other similarly level'd dungeons? Probably but that's because most dungeons, the hardest thing to deal with is adds without worry of a mechanic like Lunatic voice or that Ghost must top up people debuff (or in HMHM, Healers also have to worry about stupid players that run in the same spot and get hit by the same void fire on that last boss)

tl;dr: Pharos seems like a perfectly fine dungeon if people are actively paying attention and trying to back each other up.

Of course in CT, people can't even deal with adds correctly thinking everyone else would do it for them so many people probably have that same mentality in other level 50 dungeons. Annoys me how many don't understand the simple concept of deal with adds unless it's a boss battle where not dealing with them is easier -_- bleh.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
So, is Gardening an "Instance" like thing, where everyone plants (and sees only what they've planted), or is it something that only a few people can do in the house, before all available room is used up?

Isaccard

I probably won't be able to resist doing Amdapor and Leviathan, but part of me wants to go straight into crafting and gathering on patch day to try to capitalize on the market as much as possible. Strawberry and I transferred our Legacy characters and stripped them dry earlier this week. I'm a millionaire again and have all my shards maxed out, with over 300 of each crystal, and a bunch of clusters. I had to pay $18 for the transfer but it was totally worth it. It almost feels dirty. That 1.0 blood money. RMT

Fixed ;D

dramatis

Patch is 1.3 GB on PS3.

So, is Gardening an "Instance" like thing, where everyone plants (and sees only what they've planted), or is it something that only a few people can do in the house, before all available room is used up?
I don't think it's an instance thing, but we can have up to 3 gardening patches for the large house. I figure 1 patch is definitely going to be hogged by the leaders, so it's possible for the rest of FC who are interested in gardening to try and agree about the other 2 patches.

Moreover, this is something we might have to collaborate with more players on, because fertilizer can only be applied every Earth hour, and if the plants are going to need a lot of specific timing for fertilizer and whatnot, we'll need round the clock messing around to get the garden going as perfect as it can grow. I doubt it will require that much effort though.

From the last set of patch notes, I gathered that you can have up to 3 'patches' on a large housing plot. The patches vary in size depending on what you get. Gardening is a permission setting in the Free Company, BUT, anyone can take care of the plants once they are planted and setup. The initial planting and harvesting must be done by those with gardening permissions.

Rektash

Man I really wanted to finish Darksouls 2 before 2.2 hits, but instead I have to spend my time on toilet puking my guts out because of the worst migraine I've had in years :-/.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
little disappointed in the gardening. I mean, I'm ok with communal works, but it's also something I'd like to futz (and fail) with on my own. Will have to wait till Individual housing gets started.

As long as the summoning bell is in the house, though, that'll be great.

dramatis

little disappointed in the gardening. I mean, I'm ok with communal works, but it's also something I'd like to futz (and fail) with on my own.

As long as the summoning bell is in the house, though, that'll be great.
They mentioned that they're prepping for individual player housing in the preliminary patch notes, so I'm guessing in the future there's room to dig in the mud as individuals.

Stuart444

Just redeemed my Wind-up Bahamut from the OST :D Another thing to get when the maint is finished.

Anyway first thing I'm doing is Upgrading my DRG, he's been ilvl 80 for ages since I've had bad luck in Coil and I've spent most of my Myth on my SCHs relic.

edit: And the OST case seems to be a bit cracked :/ not a big deal though if the disk works but still annoying. The package itself looked a bit roughed up when it was delivered.

dramatis

Paging Guy Incognito:

Code:
Manor Cello	  Manor Varnish x2
Manor Timpani	  Manor Varnish x2
Manor Harp	  Manor Varnish x2
Manor Harpsichord Manor Varnish x2

Go back into Haukke Manor and get us 8 Manor Varnish please.

Aeana

Glad they're adding a global UI scaling option and transparency options for the chat window. Item linking is also great.

Dunan

Glad they're adding a global UI scaling option and transparency options for the chat window. Item linking is also great.

Any time they let us tweak the UI more, it's a good thing. I want the main text boxes to be bigger; I'm getting eyestrain trying to read them and am missing out on some beautifully-translated NPC speech because I find myself not talking to every NPC like I would if the text were a readable size.

Will they finally let us move the chat window all the way to the left edge of the screen and free up some more space in the middle?

Carlisle

Man I gotta get to 50. 37 at the moment, so close to being 10 LEVELS AWAY. It's weird how that really excites me. Wish I could play more often than once a week for 3-4 hrs.

Munba

I noticed this in the new auto-translation words library:

Crafting & Gathering: materia melding
Crafting & Gathering: advanced materia melding
Crafting & Gathering: gardening
Crafting & Gathering: raising
Crafting & Gathering: harvesting
Crafting & Gathering: master recipe book

:eek:

Zomba13

How so? Lunatic voice can be an issue if no one is stunning it (though it should be Esuna'd ASAP and if DPS are doing their jobs of taking down the crawlers/adds then that shouldn't be an issue). As a DRG with Alice as WHM and random War/SMN, it was a pathetically easy battle that makes me wonder why it needs a nerf. That second fight with the Zu was harder.

Seriously, I just made sure to back the War tank up for stuns with Leg Sweep if it looked like he was going to miss the stun (he even admitted he wasn't the best with stunning it before hand) and I took down the crawlers very quickly with the SMN. Only 2 Lunatic voices got out and were Esuna'd quickly in order of Tank (incase he needs a top up asap) -> healer (again, incase) -> DPS.

Is it a step up from other similarly level'd dungeons? Probably but that's because most dungeons, the hardest thing to deal with is adds without worry of a mechanic like Lunatic voice or that Ghost must top up people debuff (or in HMHM, Healers also have to worry about stupid players that run in the same spot and get hit by the same void fire on that last boss)

tl;dr: Pharos seems like a perfectly fine dungeon if people are actively paying attention and trying to back each other up.

Of course in CT, people can't even deal with adds correctly thinking everyone else would do it for them so many people probably have that same mentality in other level 50 dungeons. Annoys me how many don't understand the simple concept of deal with adds unless it's a boss battle where not dealing with them is easier -_- bleh.

When I was DPS I can't remember if the tank ever stunned but the healers wouldn't esuna (or pay attention, or heal to full or whatever is needed to get rid of the 'you will be charmed in a bit' debuff) when I was tank it was a mix of the healer not avoiding the crawlers (I know DPS should be getting them down but it doesn't hurt to run a bit away from them rather than stand still) and the DPS going after the wrong ones (first few times not going after crawlers, then going after the crawler that was after me first leading to bad things happening when healers got grabbed by the ghoulies).

I'm sure if I went in with a team that was half competent it would be easy. Had no real problems with the rest of the dungeon (apart from the Zu on the first time there on day one).

Had no problems with any of the other dungeons added at the same time.

400 level 50 dungeon clears needed for the tank mounts, 200 for each class. Goddamn we got screwed compared to CNJ mount. If it were lower I might be more willing to DF more for it, but 200? Screw that. What a ridiculous number, I would be really surprised if this actually motivates more people to tank for randoms.

One thing that concerns me is that the patch notes state "full party". Does this mean that only 8 player content counts?

I noticed this in the new auto-translation words library:

Crafting & Gathering: materia melding
Crafting & Gathering: advanced materia melding
Crafting & Gathering: gardening
Crafting & Gathering: raising
Crafting & Gathering: harvesting
Crafting & Gathering: master recipe book

:eek:

Groundwork for Chocobo raising!

Thank goodness for that party sort feature, that is so needed, speaking as a healer.

I'll still have to manually do it :(

I use Player -> Tank -> DPS -> Healer formation, it appears this will set it to Player -> Tank -> Healer -> DPS

I probably won't be able to resist doing Amdapor and Leviathan, but part of me wants to go straight into crafting and gathering on patch day to try to capitalize on the market as much as possible. Strawberry and I transferred our Legacy characters and stripped them dry earlier this week. I'm a millionaire again and have all my shards maxed out, with over 300 of each crystal, and a bunch of clusters. I had to pay $18 for the transfer but it was totally worth it. It almost feels dirty. That 1.0 blood money.

Same, jumping right into crafting.

Giving some thought to transferring my Sarg character too for that extra Retainer venture...

Stuart444

When I was DPS I can't remember if the tank ever stunned but the healers wouldn't esuna (or pay attention, or heal to full or whatever is needed to get rid of the 'you will be charmed in a bit' debuff) when I was tank it was a mix of the healer not avoiding the crawlers (I know DPS should be getting them down but it doesn't hurt to run a bit away from them rather than stand still) and the DPS going after the wrong ones (first few times not going after crawlers, then going after the crawler that was after me first leading to bad things happening when healers got grabbed by the ghoulies).

I'm sure if I went in with a team that was half competent it would be easy. Had no real problems with the rest of the dungeon (apart from the Zu on the first time there on day one).

Had no problems with any of the other dungeons added at the same time.

Yeah, sounds like you had some bad luck with groups. It isn't hard though yet healers rage quit the dungeon right away or tanks/dps act like it's 'impossible to do' or something like that.

Aeana

400 level 50 dungeon clears needed for the tank mounts, 200 for each class. Goddamn we got screwed compared to CNJ mount. If it were lower I might be more willing to DF more for it, but 200? Screw that. What a ridiculous number, I would be really surprised if this actually motivates more people to tank for randoms.

It's not at all surprising, and yes it absolutely will motivate people to tank. Did you miss the commendation nuts after 2.1's release? This is an MMO: people will go great lengths for shiny status symbols.

Stuart444

I'll still have to manually do it :(

I use Player -> Tank -> DPS -> Healer formation, it appears this will set it to Player -> Tank -> Healer -> DPS

I usually set it to the Player/tank/healer style incase the other healer needs healed or something. Usually better that way I find.

Player then Tanks then Healer then magical then physical dps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom