• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So how good is the PS4 controller layout for this game?

I played it on PC for a bit, but I'm interested in getting it for the PS4. Easy to play with the controller or is it a headache?

Really really well. I have a mouse and keyboard I could be using, but I actually prefer playing with a controller and just using the keyboard for chatting.

It lets you customize pretty much everything, and you will probably want to customize anyway, because it won't be set up the way you want it from the get-go. I will say that as DPS, the controller makes it easy for me to link huge strings of multiple rotations really quickly and easily.

I'm scared. Got to level 50 about 2 days ago and I'm dreading the Relic Reborn quest. Memorizing Primal Patterns is gonna be horrible.

Also, before I go for my relic weapon, should I get better armor/accessories? Right now my armor is like ilv50 with my bow being ilv70 and most accessories being ilv40.

MechaX

I'm scared. Got to level 50 about 2 days ago and I'm dreading the Relic Reborn quest. Memorizing Primal Patterns is gonna be horrible.

With Echo, the Primals won't be as bad as you're probably expecting.

Hell, given the gear and exposure to the fight, it's possible to do stuff like Titan HM while drunk at this point in the game.

iammeiam

What is this echo buff exactly?

If you wipe more than a few minutes into a battle, when you're revived you get a percentage buff in HP/damage/healing. It goes up to 25% (5/10/15/20/25) and can make things a lot easier. You can wind up eating some mechanics that would normally be an insta-wipe, and a 25% boost to damage makes DPS checks a lot easier. You will still die if you get Landslided or fail to kill Ifrit's Nail, but you'll survive longer and hit harder with echo.

Also: I'd suggest doing the Crystal Tower unlock quest; CT has a bad rap and super long queue times, but it drops i80 gear, has some interesting mechanics, and if you wind up in a good group can actually be really fun. If you get a bad group it'll be a toxic as hell experience, but I've been in quite a few more full runs than failures. The unlock quest is stupid, but ultimately worth it IMO.

Cmagus

Just jumped back over to Ultros. Went over to Cactaur to join up with another friend and he quits lol. Cactaur is pretty dead anyways so many bot spams.

Aeana

When I first started this game at launch, the only jobs I cared about were white mage and weaver. Until today, I hadn't touched weaver since October. Finally got it to 50 with Mira's help. My first 50 crafting job. (._. ) The announcement of the repair durability thing ignited my desire to work on these things again.

ff14-50wvr.png

Cmagus

When I first started this game at launch, the only jobs I cared about were white mage and weaver. Until today, I hadn't touched weaver since October. Finally got it to 50 with Mira's help. My first 50 crafting job. (._. ) The announcement of the repair durability thing ignited my desire to work on these things again.

Weaver is a good class to have at 50 congrats. Leves really help on the crafting jobs. I've managed to bring my leather worker and culinarian to 50 in the past 3 weeks using them.

Grats, now you gotta do the rest. :)

Mupod

im glad I have every crafter at 50 because for some reason my gear needs leatherworker, armorer, weaver, goldsmith AND blacksmith to repair

one button fix all pls SE

Donthizz#

So how good is the PS4 controller layout for this game?

I played it on PC for a bit, but I'm interested in getting it for the PS4. Easy to play with the controller or is it a headache?

I can't get use to typing on the chat bar with the PS4 controller, other than that everything works great for me.

Aeana

im glad I have every crafter at 50 because for some reason my gear needs leatherworker, armorer, weaver, goldsmith AND blacksmith to repair

one button fix all pls SE
Well, I'll be working on the others that I need. This was just step one!
Truth be told, I haven't done much leveling in the game in a long time. I've been so busy that I barely had enough time to log on and do Coil and cap myth/soldiery and do dailies for many months. But, the schedule is freeing up again soon so I'm gonna knock the rest of the jobs out I think.

There's something that's driving me crazy. My max HP for some reason fluctuates between 5126 and 5300. It's been going on for a while, even with previous equipment (the HP numbers were obviously different, but always a small variation). I have no idea what's going on. There are no food effects, no status effects on me. I left the game idle while I was doing something else and it went up to 5300 and then back down to 5126. Does anyone have any clue what's going on? Obviously I'd try to stay at 5300 as much as I can.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Got two quick questions, haven't played in months.

-Has it been announced when the free ps4 upgrade expires?

-Does the ability to claim veteran rewards and bonus items from the mailbox like the Fat Chocobo Whistle expire?

Lol, so that is why I ran into you in Quarrymill while I was doing a little ALC leveling. Congrats, now get CUL to 37!

dcye

If you wipe more than a few minutes into a battle, when you're revived you get a percentage buff in HP/damage/healing. It goes up to 25% (5/10/15/20/25) and can make things a lot easier.

That's for EX Primals. HM Primals the buff goes up to 50%.

dcye

There's something that's driving me crazy. My max HP for some reason fluctuates between 5126 and 5300. It's been going on for a while, even with previous equipment (the HP numbers were obviously different, but always a small variation). I have no idea what's going on. There are no food effects, no status effects on me. I left the game idle while I was doing something else and it went up to 5300 and then back down to 5126. Does anyone have any clue what's going on? Obviously I'd try to stay at 5300 as much as I can.

Your HP changes depending on the members of your party. There are little icons above your party list that tell you what is being buffed with the composition of your current party.

Question for you crafters, which level 50 abilities did you find most useful? So far all I have are Reclaim and Byregot's so I'm curious which one I should level next to 50.

Jayhawk

Question for you crafters, which level 50 abilities did you find most useful? So far all I have are Reclaim and Byregot's so I'm curious which one I should level next to 50.

Ingenuity II, Comfort Zone, Careful Synthesis II, Waste Not II and Piece-by-Piece are used in popular 3-star craft sequences. The latter two are the ones that I don't remember being popular in 2-star craft sequences before 2.2 came out. So I would recommend CS2, Ing2, and CZ first.

What do people think about this coming Saturday as the first GAF PvP day? That would be May 31st. Seems like we get a decent number of people on during the weekends and we would ideally want enough people to fill out either 2 or 4 teams of 4 players so no one has to sit out between matches.

I guess I'll use that Calendar thingie on the Guildwork page if people can settle on a day. Also to the people who've expressed interest already in this thread, contact me in game when you see me.

PARANO1A

So after hitting 50 a week ago I've barely made any progress. I generally have a couple of hours a night to play and spend a lot of that waiting for the group quests that I need to do to unlock more content. Since joining I haven't finished a complete dungeon or fight because people always quit before the end, so I have to go back in the queue.

Simultaneously I'm trying to level other classes to keep myself occupied and can't play without my Chocobo since I'm in the duty finder queue. It also means that when I have a mission that's instanced (e.g. class quest) I have to either exit the duty finder (and my position in the queue) or stop what I'm doing and wait.

I've also noticed that the server I'm on has pretty bad lag for me - something I should have checked before I started, granted - between 400-500ms. It's pretty obvious now why I'm getting hit by impacts after I've run out of the 'glowing orange spots' that show up. I'm now trying to reroll in a server with less lag to see if it's any better. Otherwise - there's not much point going on since I'll be insta-deathed in pretty much all end game content anyway.

A bit frustrating since I just rolled onto my first paid month.

Noi

Got around to buying the Noct Breeches and noticed that they're basically a gladiator skirt. Inspiration struck.

I think I'll keep this glamour for a while. Felt like not wearing the ol' Pumpkin Head for once.

I've also noticed that the server I'm on has pretty bad lag for me - something I should have checked before I started, granted - between 400-500ms. It's pretty obvious now why I'm getting hit by impacts after I've run out of the 'glowing orange spots' that show up. I'm now trying to reroll in a server with less lag to see if it's any better. Otherwise - there's not much point going on since I'll be insta-deathed in pretty much all end game content anyway.

Which server are you playing on now? At least in my testing, changing servers didn't really matter much. Both US data centers and the EU one are all located in pretty much the same place if memory serves; every server I pinged gave me about 80ms give or take, with the JP servers giving out 150-ish ms. If you find one with better ping, I'd be interested too, since even at 80ms I've gotten hit by some stuff that I thought I shouldn't have.

Also this v v
O_O

Uh, unless you're someplace like, China or Austrellia, you shouldn't be getting pings anywhere near that bad. I'd suggest taking a look at your internet connection, cause, it sounds like something's up there, and if so, changing servers won't help.

WolvenOne

O_O

Uh, unless you're someplace like, China or Austrellia, you shouldn't be getting pings anywhere near that bad. I'd suggest taking a look at your internet connection, cause, it sounds like something's up there, and if so, changing servers won't help.

Ken

So after hitting 50 a week ago I've barely made any progress. I generally have a couple of hours a night to play and spend a lot of that waiting for the group quests that I need to do to unlock more content. Since joining I haven't finished a complete dungeon or fight because people always quit before the end, so I have to go back in the queue.

Simultaneously I'm trying to level other classes to keep myself occupied and can't play without my Chocobo since I'm in the duty finder queue. It also means that when I have a mission that's instanced (e.g. class quest) I have to either exit the duty finder (and my position in the queue) or stop what I'm doing and wait.

Like WolvenOne said, 400-500ms ping doesn't sound regular. I don't know how you went the full trial period and thought the game was at all playable if you maintained that ping.

Dunan

Finally finished the Leviathan quest (and finally get that 'Leviabeetus' joke; I'd completely forgotten about that flim-flam Roegadyn!) The battle was a lot easier to learn than some of the other HMs (Titan in particular) were, and my Duty Finder party won it on the first try.

Regarding inventory: I've been aggressively selling stuff on the Market Boards ever since I got my retainers, and have made decent money from it, but because I've only leveled a few crafting/gathering classes (Weaver to 20, Miner to 20, Leatherworker to 10, and Goldsmith to 50), I found myself having to buy a lot of stuff on the market, and so goldsmithing has been a net loss for me so far. It probably will still be even after I've unloaded all the high-level rings and bracelets I made.

And while I was looking forward to making super-high-class stuff as a L50 goldsmith, they seem to all require material that is hard to obtain. Is it worth trying to find those crystal clusters and other obscurities?

PARANO1A

O_O

Australia, yes, sadly. It was noticeable but manageable for the most part, aside from a few fights - Titan was a pain in the ass, as an example.

Eldren

it was scything "british summer time" moon

and his cohort weeping moon

Hey don't drag me into this! I haven't even done Brayflox's Longstop yet! I've been putting it off because I want to do the level 35 bard quest first. The endgame content still seems so far away...

WolvenOne

Australia, yes, sadly. It was noticeable but manageable for the most part, aside from a few fights - Titan was a pain in the ass, as an example.

From what I gather, even in Austrellia a ping like that would be a, bit of an extreme case. Check to make certain you don't have something locally affecting your ping.

Also, look into routing services, like battleping or pingzapper, if you plan to continue playing the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom