• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qvoth

there's plenty of australians in tonberry, it is the unofficial sea/oceanic server after all
server wise it's in japan so it should be closer for ping wise compared to the na/eu servers which are in canada i think?

dcye

Australia, yes, sadly. It was noticeable but manageable for the most part, aside from a few fights - Titan was a pain in the ass, as an example.

I'm in Aus (east coast NSW) and play of Phoenix EU. I get about 150, but I use Battleping to play. Without it the game is unplayable in endgame.

Dunan

How do you measure that lag if you're on PS3/4?

I'm in Japan and playing on the NA Ultros server, and get lag on occasion when in parties.

Axl

I had one gaming goal for this long weekend: beat Turn 5.

I got up early yesterday morning, made a great cup of coffee and went to log in. Turns out the battery in my security token died overnight... I never wrote down the emergency password to remove the token and SE support is closed through Monday for the holiday. Much fail.

Learn from my mistake, go save your emergency password!

Soi-Fong

I heard from a friend that everyone should have minimum 4300 HP for Turn 5. I think I'm at 4070 or something like that. Wondering if I should reassign my 30 points since its all in mind right now and reassign them all to vitality instead. I'm a WHM btw.

dramatis

I got up early yesterday morning, made a great cup of coffee and went to log in. Turns out the battery in my security token died overnight... I never wrote down the emergency password to remove the token and SE support is closed through Monday for the holiday. Much fail.

You could try setting up the software token if you have a smartphone.

I heard from a friend that everyone should have minimum 4300 HP for Turn 5. I think I'm at 4070 or something like that. Wondering if I should reassign my 30 points since its all in mind right now and reassign them all to vitality instead. I'm a WHM btw.
If you reassign your points what would you even be doing? You're supposed to heal. Doesn't matter how much HP you have if you can't keep everyone else up.

Echo buff increases your HP, you don't need to reassign your points.

Claymore

If you were using an authenticator I dont think you dont have an emergency password. You only have that with the phoneapp iirc.

plake

You get 15% extra from echo buff. If you'd need more VIT/HP you need better gear and not redistributing your MND to VIT.

Valus

large.png

NEVER AGAIN

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I tried aying on my PS4 w/ controller...

Ihavenoideawhatimdoing.jpg

Can you even move the camera back further? Its so close!

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Made some solid progress today, beat Garuda Story Mode with GAF members. They knew what to do, so the thing got done in no time with their direction. I'm looking forward to tackling harder content, though.

Nearly at Lv 47, gonna finish up my ACN Hunting Log. Really interested in the new FFXII Hunting Challenges next patch.

I tried aying on my PS4 w/ controller...

Ihavenoideawhatimdoing.jpg

Can you even move the camera back further? Its so close!

L1 plus analog stick, and turn on the option to go into first person mode when you're all zoomed in.

turn on the R2+L2 and L2+R2 cross bar options

set your L1+face button filters (i use two: all & enemies, and cycle through the party with up/down)

enjoy the sweet, sweet controller life

T.O.P

Banned

as a WHM myself i feel like punching you (j/k)

Farm more Breyflox HM for tomes and buy more 90-100lvl gear, even with Coil buff you should be good

With that echo buff? You'll be quite fine.

Kintaro

Made some solid progress today, beat Garuda Story Mode with GAF members. They knew what to do, so the thing got done in no time with their direction. I'm looking forward to tackling harder content, though.

Nearly at Lv 47, gonna finish up my ACN Hunting Log. Really interested in the new FFXII Hunting Challenges next patch.

L1 plus analog stick, and turn on the option to go into first person mode when you're all zoomed in.

turn on the R2+L2 and L2+R2 cross bar options

set your L1+face button filters (i use two: all & enemies, and cycle through the party with up/down)

enjoy the sweet, sweet controller life

Thank you. I will do this after work. Any tips for moving around the hud layout with the controller. I admit, I had like 15 minutes to try it on ps4 before work. I did manage the 15 pgl quest with it so I can see the glipse of the ease of use.

Also, do acheievements carry over between pc and ps4 for same character?

SpokeyDokey

Neo Member

I could be wrong, but I believe if you activate/transfer your character from the PS4 version to the PC version you lose the ability to return back to the PS4 version with that character. This was the case when I transferred from the PS3 to the PS4. That said, the achievements remain... at least they did when I went from PS3 to PS4.

I could be wrong, but I believe if you activate/transfer your character from the PS4 version to the PC version you lose the ability to return back to the PS4 version with that character. This was the case when I transferred from the PS3 to the PS4. That said, the achievements remain... at least they did when I went from PS3 to PS4.

You can't transfer your pc license to ps4 like you can with the ps3-> ps4 upgrade

However, if you already have the game on pc and buy it on ps4, you can play the exact same character. The whole pc, ps4 and ps3 community plays together

Caelestis

Errr no. That was license transfer for PS3 to PS4. If you have PC and Ps4 license you can keep playing and get same achievements. PS4 trophies can even pop if you achieved things on PC if you do them once again like fishing 1000 times if you fish once more.

Mupod

jeIdw0Vw9vPAh.jpg

finally

although pretty annoyed that the direwolf chestpiece covers the bear gauntlets. And since glamors don't work in PVP, I'm stuck with it until I'm rank 38. Which is gonna be a long time.

I thought I could weasel my way out of bothering to go the relic zenith route and use rowena's tokens to get my ilvl 90 weapon. Too bad I can't read -_-

Now I got three rowena's tokens (soldiery), which I have no use for at the present moment, and out of 390 soldiery tomes. My first ilvl 100 armor piece will have to wait >___<

At least it didn't take very long to get my first ATMA piece. Less than 30 minutes. If only going the remaining 11 will be so lucky >.>

And whose idea was it to put ATMA pieces in regular inventory? That's so dumb. Why not make it a key item? :p

SpokeyDokey

Neo Member
Errr no. That was license transfer for PS3 to PS4. If you have PC and Ps4 license you can keep playing and get same achievements. PS4 trophies can even pop if you achieved things on PC if you do them once again like fishing 1000 times if you fish once more.

This is good to know! Appreciate the clarification.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Thank you. I will do this after work. Any tips for moving around the hud layout with the controller. I admit, I had like 15 minutes to try it on ps4 before work. I did manage the 15 pgl quest with it so I can see the glipse of the ease of use.

in-game cheeovs are the same regardless of system

there's no real easy way to use the trackpad to edit the HUD, sadly. you'll have to use the left analog stick to manually move the HUD pieces around.

Kintaro

in-game cheeovs are the same regardless of system

there's no real easy way to use the trackpad to edit the HUD, sadly. you'll have to use the left analog stick to manually move the HUD pieces around.

I guess I could cheat and use a mouse? =)

Epcott

I'm jealous! I've run out of things to do except beat garuda, but I keep getting crappy healers.

Being a healer in that fight is not exactly an easy task. One reason I chose to play it as SMN with dots and dps is due to that reason, and even as SMN I had to assist with healing and reviving. Maybe try rolling a healer if you can't find one to your needs, or find an in between. Damn nation that fight was a pain in the ass.

DJIzana

jeIdw0Vw9vPAh.jpg

finally

although pretty annoyed that the direwolf chestpiece covers the bear gauntlets. And since glamors don't work in PVP, I'm stuck with it until I'm rank 38. Which is gonna be a long time.

Pretty cool design but honestly, I don't like the look of the new Soldier gear for Paladin nor the color of that gear or the normal Heavy Allagan gear. I like my Myth gear still... good thing for the glamour system. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom