• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiryogi

Banned
Out of all the dps jobs, BLM is about the only one where I feel my brain shuts off because how simple (read: BORING) it is. I do like the power of it at least and I'm sure it'll be fun to unleash Double Flare eventually.

Need to get back to learning MNK though

Try doing that in Titan EX or Turn 6. Hardest DPS role really in comparison to other fights :p

Kyolux

Quick question, what's the requirement to unlock second coil? Do I have to beat turn 3? I've done T1 and T2 about a dozen times each, but haven't touched t4 yet. Because I know it's kind of useless (T3 I mean), and although I'd like to see the cutscenes, I can't seem to be able to join any groups for it in DF.

Quick question, what's the requirement to unlock second coil? Do I have to beat turn 3? I've done T1 and T2 about a dozen times each, but haven't touched t4 yet. Because I know it's kind of useless (T3 I mean), and although I'd like to see the cutscenes, I can't seem to be able to join any groups for it in DF.

You have to beat Turn 5

WolvenOne

Welp, I broke down and bought a PS4. I decided that I needed a backup method of logging in, especially since I'm on the verge of doing a rather risky upgrade to my computer.

Granted, I don't have a PS4 copy of the game yet, or the right keyboard. One step at a time I suppose.

Will it unlock all the cutscenes at the inn?

Also, what's the actual recommended ilvl for turn 5? I'm at 90. Is that good enough or I'd be holding the group back and I should get a few more weathered pieces first?

You've already way over-geared. Starting from T5, everything is about knowing mechanic of the fight and execute it perfectly. Your gears alone won't win the fight for you.

unsuccessful at getting ATMA piece #5, but I suppose getting in the span of a day is good enough. Did come to the realization that trying to get ATMA in areas that have beast strongholds are gonna be a real pain in the ass, especially in Western La Noscea (size also being a disadvantage) and the East Shroud. Outer La Noscea should be no problem at all and I already got my piece from Southern Thanalan

Might have to ask the FC to help me with Garuda Ex if the people I'm stuck with keep quitting after 1-2 quick fails.

And did Labyrinth of the Ancients for a 2nd time....what a doozy. Was in that thing for over 90 mins. Had D/Cs, people being impatient and quitting, had someone initiate a vote to abandon. Still was worth it. And I got a piece of Monk gear which I needed

Okay my leatherworker is level 24 is there any tips on HQing crafts out of NQ material at low level? It's bad enough I have to farm enemies for mats and some of these items aren't in hq on the marketboard. I have Goldsmith, Weaver and Carpenter at 50 and Alchemist at 15 for an idea of the cross skills I have. I'll still farm hq from mining and botany cause those are at 50 too.

Mupod

Okay my leatherworker is level 24 is there any tips on HQing crafts out of NQ material at low level? It's bad enough I have to farm enemies for mats and some of these items aren't in hq on the marketboard. I have Goldsmith, Weaver and Carpenter at 50 and Alchemist at 15 for an idea of the cross skills I have. I'll still farm hq from mining and botany cause those are at 50 too.

Get everything to at least 15, then culinarian to 37. From there you have everything you need to HQ with NQ mats, but low level crafting always sucks.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Thanks for the invite back in. I don't know what's up (probably the extra additional quests) but I'm lvl 22 and pretty much just hit Camp Drybone. Just flying along. =x

Aeana

Thanks for the invite back in. I don't know what's up (probably the extra additional quests) but I'm lvl 22 and pretty much just hit Camp Drybone. Just flying along. =x

When's the last time you did it? They boosted dungeon experience dramatically, for one thing.

Since you don't have CUL at 37, your best bet might be something along the lines of:

Inner Quiet
Great Strides
Steady Hand
(Basic Synth)
Standard Touch
Great Strides
Standard Touch...

Trying to get goods by using Basic Synth when on normal while Great Strides is on.
Then you undo Inner Quiet when you run out of CP (don't remember the name of that skill and if you have it). That can get you an extra touch or an extra Steady Hand to finish the Synths.

There are some apps out there that might help you out. There's a solver out there you can use (though the solution it comes up with aren't necessarily very good, but you can manually improve on them) I don't have the link at the moment though.

aceface

Showing skin (Ilya), showing cleavage (Tomo), or lack of creativity (Riou) best not be commenting on those who actually have a sense of style.

The gauntlet has been thrown!

I have been dressing more conservatively lately but I want to become a fashion disciple of Ilya. I have the coliseum gear but what's the next step? I need to level up!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Showing skin (Ilya), showing cleavage (Tomo), or lack of creativity (Riou) best not be commenting on those who actually have a sense of style.

BxjDT3K.gif

Tabris

My character looks awesome and unique (never seen anyone that looks the same) right now, and most importantly, sets the setting of Eorzea and the Paladin job.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/5998453/

How does goofy karate school girl fit into a fantasy roleplaying game? :)

Noctix

Ok so I recently bought this and I am kinda lost as to where I am suppose to go next. I am level 5 marauder and I got no quest. I have roaming around the starting city to see if i missed something but nopes can't see any quests :(

Any one has any ideas?

Tabris

Ok so I recently bought this and I am kinda lost as to where I am suppose to go next. I am level 5 marauder and I got no quest. I have roaming around the starting city to see if i missed something but nopes can't see any quests :(

Any one has any ideas?

Type /recommended. You'll have a huge amount of quests.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
When's the last time you did it? They boosted dungeon experience dramatically, for one thing.

True. I was about lvl 18 before even hitting Sastasha. I did keep up with food and hit fates too though. The extra quests helped too.

BlackJace

Too bad they're not coming until Patch 2.3... at least I have time to adjust my Lalafell's hair style until then!

This is what my current (male) Lalafell looks like.

My stupid cowl wont let me equip my spectacles right now lol. I'm stuck with it until I find something better.

Seems odd they seem to give no sort of hint about where the level 45 BLM quest is, unless I missed it somewhere. I found it but it's still odd the 45 quest is out in the middle of nowhere.

The gauntlet has been thrown!

I have been dressing more conservatively lately but I want to become a fashion disciple of Ilya. I have the coliseum gear but what's the next step? I need to level up!

The Coliseum set cannot be dyed, you want the Taffeta crafted set if you want to dye the pieces.

The Leather Ringbands, Cotton Dress Shoes, and Militia Hat complete my Taffeta set. The first two are low level items you can buy from NPCs. The Militia Hat is a crafted item, any Level 50 Weaver should be able to make it for you.

The neat thing about the Coliseum/Taffeta sets are they are almost the only decent looking Glamourable sets which actually show your neck gear.

Teknoman

So when is the GAF PVP showdown happening (thats the basic idea right, two separate parties hit the DF)?

I need to find some good ideas for Paladin vanity...signature look and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom