• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noi

I should already be at around ~50 High level dungeons tanked since I did those with Paladin exclusively. What's another 50 to go, specially with soldiery tomes as a reward?

WolvenOne

It's not at all surprising, and yes it absolutely will motivate people to tank. Did you miss the commendation nuts after 2.1's release? This is an MMO: people will go great lengths for shiny status symbols.

Assuming they're counting pre 2.2 dungeon runs, I'm probably most of the way there already. XD

Nohar

Care to share?

If (and only if) my sources are right, since I didn't do the data mining by myself:

You can welcome back the Samuraï and Dark Knight jobs. A katana and a great sword were discovered in the data mining. However, I don't have other infos, and it may just be there in prevision for the future jobs. Really, since my source is second-handed, I won't affirm anything. This could be an hoax.

EDIT: Seems to be an hoax after all. Please disregard this post.

If (and only if) my sources are right, since I didn't do the data mining by myself:

You can welcome back the Samuraï and Dark Knight jobs. A katana and a great sword were discovered in the data mining. However, I don't have other infos, and it may just be there in prevision for the future jobs. Really, since my source is second-handed, I won't affirm anything. This could be an hoax.
So much yes if true.

Holy mother of Lalafell God. That would be freaking amazing.

BLCKATK

I'm thinking that its either the groundwork for the future or not real. Still really cool though, thanks for sharing!

Stuart444

Having not played FFXI, I would be very interested in this regardless, though I wish there was a
Ninja Job first instead of Samurai. I just like the name/sound of it better haha.

Will be very interested to know if this is true though.

aceface

One thing that concerns me is that the patch notes state "full party". Does this mean that only 8 player content counts?

Groundwork for Chocobo raising!

Well underneath the chart it says

"As of patch 2.2, the following trials and raids will count toward achievements requiring the completion of high-level duties with a full party:

The Howling Eye (Extreme) / The Navel (Extreme) / The Bowl of Embers (Extreme) / The Whorl Eater (Extreme) / Thornmarch (Extreme) / The Binding Coil of Bahamut (excluding Turn 3) / The Second Coil of Bahamut"

I wonder if that means only those count for the achievement.

Nohar

Well, if one of them clearly isn't fit to be a tank, there is still the possibility for the other one
(Samuraï)
to be one.

frequency

Speculation has been that
samurai
might be a tank job in this game.

Actually, I can see that. They've already shown they would significantly change jobs from their "traditional" roles (Bard, Summoner, Scholar).

Interesting if true.

I just had it set in my mind that it would have to be
NIN as evasion tank since we don't have that tank style yet in FFXIV:ARR

WolvenOne

Speculation has been that
samurai
might be a tank job in this game.

I'd love another Tank job. They're hecka fun to level up, since there's almost never any wait time for dungeuns, and there's a chance that another tank job would result in more cross-class skills for PLD and WAR.

Plus, it'd be fun to try out another Tanking style.

Guess I am weird with my party arrangement for healing. I have me and the other healer at the top(me and Alena are the most important) then all the dps then the tanks. This may be why Krael always dies.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!

Really hope
dark knight
returns. It was a good bit of fun in XI.

Stuart444

Samurai as a tank job makes me think of Log Horizon with Tohya

Wouldn't complain though but I'd love a dual dagger class job like Ninja or something.

Zomba13

Having not played FFXI, I would be very interested in this regardless, though I wish there was a
Ninja Job first instead of Samurai. I just like the name/sound of it better haha.

Will be very interested to know if this is true though.

Samurai class, Ninja Job. Job perk: Dual Wield, Ninja/Samurai are a blink/evasion tank class. World rejoices.

(I hope)

Nohar

Well, forget about what I said earlier, it seems I have been had (and potentially the guy who found about it too - that, or he was trying to trick someone else, and I was an unlucky casualty). Until I have a reliable source, that is.

Sin

Don't want to be a downer because I REALLY WANT Dark Knight to be introduced in this game but can't they be two of the weapons Gilgamesh is carrying?

Isaccard

Evasion tanks never work. Either they're broken/OP or they're shit. Whatever happens I guess we'll see.

As far as the data mining info, lol @ u if it's just the weapons Gilgamesh is carrying. People will see what they want to see

Jinko

If they add Samurai and Dark Knight I wouldn't be surprised to see them branch from GLA and MRD, if that is the case chances are both will be DPS jobs as both classes already have a tank job.

Zomba13

Registration for Duty Roulette: High Level now requires the completion of all associated duties.

The above changes to Duty Roulette requirements have been made in light reward adjustments, and to give players further incentive to complete all the duties within each category. Furthermore, because a great number of players who register for Duty Roulette have not cleared all duties within a given category, the above changes should also improve average waiting times for players who register for duties directly.

All players will be required to fulfill the completion requirements of each Duty Roulette category even if they were able to register prior to patch 2.2.

Sounds like fun...

I probably won't be able to resist doing Amdapor and Leviathan, but part of me wants to go straight into crafting and gathering on patch day to try to capitalize on the market as much as possible.

devious.one said:
Same, jumping right into crafting.

ivandrago-o.gif

Nohar

So... I've managed to find the Leviathan Battle Theme... Indeed, that's a bit... weird. It indeed has vocals.
Not everyone will like it.

BLCKATK

So... I've managed to find the Leviathan Battle Theme... Indeed, that's a bit... weird. It indeed has vocals.

I kind of like it. It's definitely got a undersea theme thing going on with it. I think the thing that harms is not enough different lyrics, since there are just certain parts that repeat the Leviathan chant. But the crunching riff is the best part of it for me, and I love the jams type parts that they included in the song.

Teknoman

As long as Dark Knight uses some form of Great Sword, or even go FFIV old school and just leave theme with sword and shield, except different darkness imbued DRK only blades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom