• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
xDh8KKq.jpg

Lol!

iammeiam

Also always pop a sprint on WotL (the puddles), if you know they are coming and you have sprint on it's very easy to avoid them. A good general rule of thumb is that WotL (almost) always come after stomps.

This is good advice, but I'm BRD so sprint is usually off-limits if I want to be able to do pretty much anything else. I've thought about repelling shot to jump out of stuff, but worry about rocketing off the edge of the arena and adding a hilarious new way to screw up a run.

I do generally know what's coming, but worry about pre-dodging Weights and dragging them into the path of people dodging on-time.

Oh another thing, if you are ranged dps and healer you don't absolutely have to stack for WotL's, I would stand behind everyone else south of Titan and then run south to avoid WotL's..I didn't trust my lag so if I did get hit with a WotL it would only be one that I could heal through, not 5 that would kill me instantly.

This I can try, though, so thanks! I just have to remember to run up and stack during double gaol, but my HP at this point is high enough that one Weight shouldn't end things.

XenoRaven

Mog EX feels like torture on DPS. No real incentive to DPS hard until the end, everything moves around all random and crazy. It's a total drag on DRG. It was OK on WAR the one time I tanked it.

Too long? It's a 10 minute fight at most.

I find it fun. Tons of things going on at the same time.

It's my favorite EX fight. I love the pacing in conjunction with the required investment from each trinity role.

Plus the THF with full stacks beelining someone is a beautiful thing to witness.

Can't wait until it's in the DF and absolute chaos ensues.

Tabris

Mog EX feels like torture on DPS. No real incentive to DPS hard until the end, everything moves around all random and crazy. It's a total drag on DRG. It was OK on WAR the one time I tanked it.

You should be DPS'ing hard, but just switching to next mob when it's at 5%.

Jayhawk

Regarding Rinoa, I wonder if you can glamour something that resembles her blue outfit using the correct blue dye. There are a few body pieces that come together and then split around the chest area, like her outfit. Pair that up with black booty shorts.

You can almost look like Quistis with glamour using an orange vest and an orange skirt, but the spring skirt is too long.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
tetra master > triple triad

shut your stupid mouth

Regarding Rinoa, I wonder if you can glamour something that resembles her blue outfit using the correct blue dye. There are a few body pieces that come together and then split around the chest area, like her outfit. Pair that up with black booty shorts.

You can almost look like Quistis with glamour using an orange vest and an orange skirt, but the spring skirt is too long.

none of this matters without a booty slider

my fantasia is just gonna sit unused til i can accurately make the wifey in-game.... which will probably be never

WolvenOne

I actually really like the Moogle EM fight, I just wish there were more rewards for that fight.

I mean, I guess I could try pugging it again for the Casting and Aiming ribbon, but, I don't have a bard, or a caster.

Yes I know, I need to fix this! Still, there's, what, four drops? For a fight that's entirely optional, they sure didn't give people a lot of incentive to re-run the fight.

Edit: Which reminds me, is it true that Ramuh's only going to drop ilvl100 accessories and weapons? The weapons I guess I could understand especially if there's some sort of upgrade option, but, what's the point of an ilvl100 accessory, when they're going to be throwing Sands and Oils of Time at people starting in the same patch? Just, seems a bit stingy, and possibly not worth the trouble, if the fight actually ends up being at all difficult.

Hope it is, Leviathan ended up being just a smidge too easy, in comparison to the earlier Primals. Took me two weeks to clear Garuda, three weeks of near daily pugging to clear Titan, and a week to clear Ifrit. Leviathan on the other hand, I cleared in my second attempt as my main class. (Though I made earlier attempts as different classes.)

I wouldn't say the fights a cake-walk, but as soon as you figure out the dodging mechanic the difficulty goes way way down.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I actually really like the Moogle EM fight, I just wish there were more rewards for that fight.

I mean, I guess I could try pugging it again for the Casting and Aiming ribbon, but, I don't have a bard, or a caster.

Yes I know, I need to fix this! Still, there's, what, four drops? For a fight that's entirely optional, they sure didn't give people a lot of incentive to re-run the fight.

Edit: Which reminds me, is it true that Ramuh's only going to drop ilvl100 accessories and weapons? The weapons I guess I could understand especially if there's some sort of upgrade option, but, what's the point of an ilvl100 accessory, when they're going to be throwing Sands and Oils of Time at people starting in the same patch? Just, seems a bit stingy, and possibly not worth the trouble, if the fight actually ends up being at all difficult.

Hope it is, Leviathan ended up being just a smidge too easy, in comparison to the earlier Primals. Took me two weeks to clear Garuda, three weeks of near daily pugging to clear Titan, and a week to clear Ifrit. Leviathan on the other hand, I cleared in my second attempt as my main class. (Though I made earlier attempts as different classes.)

I wouldn't say the fights a cake-walk, but as soon as you figure out the dodging mechanic the difficulty goes way way down.

Aiming, Casting, Fending, Healing, Slaying
Ramuh's going to drop i100 accs and rarely weapons.
The more venues for people to gear up the better.

dcye

Also, just because they said that sands and oils will be in the new section of CT doesn't mean they will be at all easy to obtain, I think jumping to "throwing them at people" is a but of a stretch, at least at this point.

WolvenOne

Aiming, Casting, Fending, Healing, Slaying
Ramuh's going to drop i100 accs and rarely weapons.
The more venues for people to gear up the better.

Forgot about the healing ribbons.

Anyhow, I'm just thinking back to the original Extreme Primal Accessory drops. Some of those ended up being BiS for some classes, but an ilvl100 accessory, probably isn't.

That's fine if it's another fight like Leviathan, that's meant to be farmed excessively to gear up alt classes and such. However, I'd like at least a few, "hard," wall-to-progression type trials in 2.3, that're actually totally legit accomplishments.

Heck, look at Titan EM in 2.1.

At the time of his introduction, he essentially was the 2nd hardest fight in the game, after Twintania. While that way maybe a little excessive, I'd like at least one fight that is roughly that level that challenge.

Well, maybe just a sliver less, since Titan EM created a borderline absurd situation for game progression. Still, I want difficult fights, and appropriately weighted rewards for these fights.

WolvenOne

Also, just because they said that sands and oils will be in the new section of CT doesn't mean they will be at all easy to obtain, I think jumping to "throwing them at people" is a but of a stretch, at least at this point.

CT's going to be repeatable content. So even if it isn't a guaranteed drop, a player determined to get their body pieces, weapons, or accessories, upgraded, can most definitively do so at least once, any given week, regardless who wins the rolls during a weekly Coil run.

That's going to be a huge improvement.

In addition, from what I've heard, they're going to add Oils and Sands as rare drops in other fights, probably Extreme Primal trials, starting in the post 2.3 patches. So, 2.35, 2.38, etc.

They're clearing giving people more ways to gear up for Second Coil, essentially creating a stealth nerf for the Raid. However, given that, it seems odd to bother with more ilvl100 gear.

Edit: I might note, that all this is Moot, if they're doing something akin to Primal Focus again, and clearing 3 Extreme Trials will net you ilvl105 or 110 weapons. Though, I'm not sure why they would bother with ilvl100 Ramuh weapons in that case.

Tabris

For a trial it's long and the reward isn't that great imo.

Usually the mog ribbon is BiS pre-second coil, and if not, saves you 395 soldiery to invest other gear. You're in a unique space by getting neck pieces from second coil way before the majority of people.

Our static was able to get something like 16 ribbons for everyone's main and alt gear choice within 2 sets of runs (we had 2 set of runs where we wiped a bunch while learning but we were new as a static). Once we had it on farm, took like 3hrs-ish to get everyone 2 ribbons each-ish.

It will remain to be seen but I fully believe people are overreacting to this news. Saying they will drop is one thing, but considering these items can be used on some of the best items in the game, I am fully expecting mirror droprates on these things if not a little higher. Will say it now, no one should be expecting to get either of these items or even multiples of them unless you run CT with a static and have loot rules inplace for if either drop. If that is the case then what's so different between coil and CT other than difficulty? It forces a static on people if they want any meaningful chance of getting nice gear, playing with other people is how it is meant to be done, not just solo queing it with a snowballs chance in hell of getting a sand or oil.

Now the only thing I would say against it is, currently if you see someone with an upgraded sand or oil piece, you know they either got a good pug or have atleast a decent static. Once CT comes out, you may actually have to weed out the random noobs who got lucky and the people who got them through some sort of challenge.

WolvenOne

It will remain to be seen but I fully believe people are overreacting to this news. Saying they will drop is one thing, but considering these items can be used on some of the best items in the game, I am fully expecting mirror droprates on these things if not a little higher. Will say it now, no one should be expecting to get either of these items or even multiples of them unless you run CT with a static and have loot rules inplace for if either drop. If that is the case then what's so different between coil and CT other than difficulty? It forces a static on people if they want any meaningful chance of getting nice gear, playing with other people is how it is meant to be done, not just solo queing it with a snowballs chance in hell of getting a sand or oil.

Now the only thing I would say against it is, currently if you see someone with an upgraded sand or oil piece, you know they either got a good pug or have atleast a decent static. Once CT comes out, you may actually have to weed out the random noobs who got lucky and the people who got them through some sort of challenge.

I rather doubt they'll be as rare as mirrors. As with 2.1, the 2.3 patch is almost certainly designed to help people gear up more quickly. As such, and assuming CT2 takes roughly as long to clear as CT1, it simply wouldn't make sense from a game design standpoint to give Oils and Sands a drop-rate that low.

Let me put it to you this way.

Lets assume the average Leviathan run takes about ten minutes a shot to clear. The drop rate on mirrors seems to be roughly 1-2% (somewhere between 1 mirror every fifty runs, and 1 mirror every one hundred runs.)

That translates into, somewhere between, eight to sixteen hours of game time, per mirror.

Crystal Tower, with a decent group, takes 30-40 minutes. This is a fairly optimistic estimate, given that a single bad alliance or trolling player can prevent completion.

Assuming the same 1-2% drop rate as mirrors, that'd translate into... 25 to 34 hours, per Sand/Oil of Time.

At that sort of drop rate, given the length of the fight, they might as well not exist. That'd be worse than the Atma grind by at least an order of magnitude. They will not give it a mirror level drop rate, period.

Edit: Why are people even surprised they're nerfing that aspect of gearing, at least to some extent? They pretty much had to at some point.

Jayhawk

In terms of other DC characters, I think Zatanna (using mixture of soldiery casting gear and a patrician's coatee) and Joker (weaver AF dyed purple) can be done via glamour. Joker would need a fantasia potion to make the face super pale and the hair green.

kiryogi

Banned
In PvP vanity gear doesn't work; there's not much hiding who you are. Original Mu Pod queued as a full yellow tank, but the PvP group on the whole data center is actually quite small, so the people who queue consistently began to recognize him by his color. When you're recognizable in PvP, the other team can plan accordingly to eat you quickly. Obviously to counter the recognition, you change the color of your pvp suit.
I intentionally wear the Blm soldiery top hat so people can recognize me. I'm a terror in pvp :D

In terms of other DC characters, I think Zatanna (using mixture of soldiery casting gear and a patrician's coatee) and Joker (weaver AF dyed purple) can be done via glamour. Joker would need a fantasia potion to make the face super pale and the hair green.

DC Universe Online is that way ------->

Hystzen

Has anybody experienced a party wipe in the last two story dungeons is even possible.

Only reason run these dungeons is due to that sweet 100 myth but made me wonder is it possible to lose lol. Every boss is a pushover no tactics needed even as DRG you can just sit in front of bosses and wail away no need move to flank or even dodge the AOE attacks you always get healed instantly pretty much.

Grinchy

Banned
My situation....

Quest: A relic reborn
Gil : 14,000
Level: 50 white mage

Needs: 2 grade lll materia
Cost: 66,000 each

Fuck my life and this game.

I've gotten off pretty easy so far. I'm a PLD on Leviathan. The sword I needed was 40k, and then the materia was 30k each. So "only" 100k total spent so far.

With the horror stories I've seen in here just for the materia itself, I consider myself lucky.

Has anybody experienced a party wipe in the last two story dungeons is even possible.

Only reason run these dungeons is due to that sweet 100 myth but made me wonder is it possible to lose lol. Every boss is a pushover no tactics needed even as DRG you can just sit in front of bosses and wail away no need move to flank or even dodge the AOE attacks you always get healed instantly pretty much.

Just ran those for the first time last night and I was wondering the same thing. I was all nervous about running my first 8 man dungeons, but it was all so easy.

The Praetorium was especially easy since the party I was in just ran past most stuff, expect for the mobs you need to kill for keys and what not. As a tank, I do need to learn Castrum Meridianum better so I know exactly what to pull to the canons. Everyone else in the party knew what to do pretty much, so I was kind of overwhelmed with it being my first 8 man dungeon and all.

Can't believe I actually hit level cap in an MMO this weekend. My only other experience with MMOs was with FFXI when that first came out on PS2 and I only played that one for like 20 hours. I always avoided the genre because I knew I would get addicted to it, and sure enough, this game is like crack to me. Can't get enough. I really need to start participating in the FC more though.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Any of you guys that has multiple characters created on Ultros, is there a specific time? or a trick I'm missing

I looked at the OP timings and based it on that, I for the life of me can't get Ultros to come up

Lamia, Malboro, Famfrit, Exodus are always open

Tried 4AM EST, 7AM EST, 2PM EST, 2AM EST
Doing it since Saturday, no time is working out for me, ay East Coaster have like a time where they got in?

Edit: I even check the Lodestone page, it shows Ultros with a O meaning it can be created, yet every time I do so it's greyed out!

WolvenOne

Any of you guys that has multiple characters created on Ultros, is there a specific time? or a trick I'm missing

I looked at the OP timings and based it on that, I for the life of me can't get Ultros to come up

Lamia, Malboro, Famfrit, Exodus are always open

Tried 4AM EST, 7AM EST, 2PM EST, 2AM EST
Doing it since Saturday, no time is working out for me, ay East Coaster have like a time where they got in?

Edit: I even check the Lodestone page, it shows Ultros with a O meaning it can be created, yet every time I do so it's greyed out!

Graverobber is multiplying! XD

Honestly from what I've heard it's pretty random. If you can just, uh, check at two hour intervals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom