• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dramatis

o9CeeGn.jpg
Here you go.

Jinko

Maybe this will stop people from bailing on Pharos as soon as they get it for high level DR. They should add Toto-rak to the high level DR as an added "Fuck you" as well. :D

I assume Mariners Cloth will drop there now, so there is reason to do the dungeon .. at least for the first couple weeks.

Edit:- Just heard the Levi music, not a fan, the lyrics really ruin it.

New coil music reminds me of PSO.

Dunan

I shouldn't have read the patch notes; there's a pretty big story spoiler in the details of the Leviathan battle. If your level is below about 45, you shouldn't be reading it.
The reference to Minfilia. After the attack on the Waking Sands base, she's supposed to be dead. Around level 45, you reach Mor Dhona and the missions there seem to imply that she and Papalymo aren't dead, but before that, this is something that's better not to spoil.

Also, looking for info on the FFXIV PS4, I found this Japanese article:

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20140320_641486.html

...which says that there will only be 1400 of these PS4s made. Disappionting, because this would probably be the thing that convinces em to pull the trigger on a PS4 if it were regular price.

Zomba13

I shouldn't have read the patch notes; there's a pretty big story spoiler in the details of the Leviathan battle. If your level is below about 45, you shouldn't be reading it.
The reference to Minfilia. After the attack on the Waking Sands base, she's supposed to be dead. Around level 45, you reach Mor Dhona and the missions there seem to imply that she and Papalymo aren't dead, but before that, this is something that's better not to spoil.

Also, looking for info on the FFXIV PS4, I found this Japanese article:

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20140320_641486.html

...which says that there will only be 1400 of these PS4s made. Disappionting, because this would probably be the thing that convinces em to pull the trigger on a PS4 if it were regular price.

All the 'limited edition' PS4s just have the HDD cover customised. It's really lame. I mean, it's kinda cool if they let you buy them (or bundle them with certain games) but they are all just black PS4s with a logo or something on their HDD cover. It's like the GameCube and how you could pop the logo circle off and replace it (ONM in the UK once came with one where you could put any picture into it. Was super cool).

BLCKATK

I'm not surprised how many people dislike it, it's definitely not as good as Garuda or Titan. Official forums are gonna be pretty funny to look at.

Dunan

All the 'limited edition' PS4s just have the HDD cover customised. It's really lame. I mean, it's kinda cool if they let you buy them (or bundle them with certain games) but they are all just black PS4s with a logo or something on their HDD cover.

Sometimes they make them in odd colors; the FFXIII one was white at a time when there weren't many white PS3s around.

I like them because they hold their value better than the generic ones, and are a good deal if they cost the same as the generic ones but are bundled with a game that you'd spend money on anyway.

But this one looks like it's not going to be in every electronics store like a lot of the others are.

Wilsongt

It's not at all surprising, and yes it absolutely will motivate people to tank. Did you miss the commendation nuts after 2.1's release? This is an MMO: people will go great lengths for shiny status symbols.

I love my Chocopope giving no fucks and my popehat I just got.

Omg... Those patchnotes.... I'm resident farmer for Reddot. I've played enough Harvest Moon. :eek:

Teknoman

Minor but im really liking how Revenant's Toll gets built up bit by bit over patches.

EDIT: Are you guys just doing youtube searches for the music?

Ohhhh man, the tracks that play in the new dungeons aren't just 20 second rifts, all of them are 4min+. This means we'll probably hear them throughout the whole dungeon looping.

The Lost City of Ampdapor track creates such a gloomy tone (considering what the instance is), it's beautiful.

Raijinken

Looks like the FFIV Fat Chocobo theme is going to be heard when riding the Fat Chocobo mount. I guess they took the suggestion from the users on the official forum.

Although, looking over the list of materials and stuff. Of course the one item I don't have very much of is something I'm going to need a lot of... (Undyed Velveteen)
Crap, I had a full stack of webs that I put up on sale for cheap to clear inventory.
I hope they reset the retainers, because I can't be home until the evening!

Teknoman

Well thats cool that there is at least an item lvl requirement. Even without the lockout, i'd still like for players to have to progress through all the first 5 turns (even though I havent beaten 1 :p ) before being able to openly visit any of the early 5.

WolvenOne

Well thats cool that there is at least an item lvl requirement. Even without the lockout, i'd still like for players to have to progress through all the first 5 turns (even though I havent beaten 1 :p ) before being able to openly visit any of the early 5.

Well, honestly, if you're not within a few levels of ilvl90, I'd stay far far away from Twintania. The mechanics aren't too bad (at least for off tank,) but she blasted hits like a truck. O_O;

I'm probably gonna grab an ilvl100 body piece before going after Twin again, just to give me a little more elbow room.

Teknoman

I like the guitar riffs too, but Levi's theme sounds a little too...happy? Takes cues from one of the FATE boss battle themes too it seems.

Coils new turns...whoa so much Ragol.

Decisive battle overload!

I wish these dungeon themes would extend for the duration, and not just a few seconds. I know they want to have dungeon battle themes as well, but i'm sure they could figure out a way to work both in.

As for that theme...Soken did it so much more justice than it's been done in any game before.

Also lol at the fact that they actually put in the
fat chocobo
theme.

Easter sounds like something from classic PlayOnline or FFX-2. Or a Dreamcast options menu.

I would be interested in seeing the stats first. I tried asking but got ignored ;-;.

Leviathan weapon might not be better than Allagan for some (or all) classes, but just like Allagan vs AF2 gear it wasn't ever a deal breaker (maybe on Twin for some, no idea). So being able to get Leviathan HM weapon should make Leviathan EM more doable to get the i100, which in turn will make Second Coil more doable I would imagine. For whatever reason, I just never wanted to try to learn Twin. Probably because of how hard people made it sound and I remember how much time (10+ hours at least each) I had to put into Garuda, Titan, and Ifrit to "get good" at them and Twin sounded like it was on a whole other level.

I preferred to spend time leveling other classes, doing EM Primals/T1-4, and grabbing as much myth/phil/drops to secure full i70-i90 gear for all my classes. However, since I pugged coil forever, I spent a LOT of time with groups failing in T4 or taking longer than usual on T1. I could only imagine if I had a static early on in 2.1, I probably would have Twin on farm. But basically, I was just farming myth early on in 2.1, then at some point I decided to try Garuda, then Titan, and then finally Ifrit. I just took too long to learn stuff and get good. I also did not play as much as I do now until like, maybe start of February. Before then, I would maybe play an hour every few nights and then finish hitting myth cap on Saturday or Sunday and bail. Now I play like 4 hours each night and more on weekends.

pyrandes

I'm finally getting back into the game (well started this past weekend) with 2.2 on the horizon. The addiction is definitly coming back in force.

Had some great luck with DF groups last night before the servers shut down catching up main story-wise, including Thornmarch (i liked this one and will be looking to the extreme mode, well once i can get my WAR ilevel up a bit).

So I think im mostly set with 2.2 outside of Coil; never did Coil before I had stopped playing a few months ago :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom