• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came close to beating Garuda EX twice earlier, but we ran out of time. If we didn't have 2 D/Cs, we might have had more time to get the job done. Having to eliminate the sister that stays close to Garuda is a real bitch as a monk. I can never tell when wicked wheel is coming and that makes it difficult during the five wind phases

Ken

Many people I've encountered just assume scholar can't solo heal stuff because their "AoE healing is too weak." The job's abilities are just widely misunderstood. The reactions I got when I talked about solo healing Leviathan Extreme, for instance, were usually initially disbelief.

where have you been these past few days!

Sophia

Many people I've encountered just assume scholar can't solo heal stuff because their "AoE healing is too weak." The job's abilities are just widely misunderstood. The reactions I got when I talked about solo healing Leviathan Extreme, for instance, were usually initially disbelief.

I love having a good Scholar partner for Turn 6 in Binding Coil myself. It just makes everything easier. Sadly, most people don't play a Scholar to the fullest of its abilities. Most of the pug ones we had for Rafflesia don't make good use of Lustrate, Sacred Soil, or Eye for an Eye. :\

Using a controller for SCH doesn't seem as tough as it is with SMN.

The more I play around with SCH, the more tempted I am to give it a shot. May get one of those stat reset items and try it out. I can always switch back if need be.

CLBridges

Started back with this game and now have my 2nd ATMA book. Hopefully I'll finish before next patch releases. Started leveling my PLD seriously and made it to level 44. I'm really enjoying tanking and setting the pace in dungeons. But, now I see why some folks avoid tanking.

Was running Tam Tara through roulette and the CNJ kept using Fluid Aura. I told them to please stop since that messes me up when keeping mobs together. Their response was "Seriously?". I didn't let it bother me and I could tell that this person wanted to escalate the situation lol. I just kept on ahead without another word and that will be my strategy from now on. If they wanna mess around and have a mob aggro on them, I'll let them eat a few b/f I save them lol.

Sophia

Using a controller for SCH doesn't seem as tough as it is with SMN.

The more I play around with SCH, the more tempted I am to give it a shot. May get one of those stat reset items and try it out. I can always switch back if need be.

Scholar is amazing, and I seriously recommend it. It's not hard on controller at all as long as you turn off the default pet bar and put pet abilities on manually.

ugh i finally hit the point where im a level shy of advancing the main scenario. i had been getting by purely on main scenario, hunting log, dungeons, and fates.

ugh i finally hit the point where im a level shy of advancing the main scenario. i had been getting by purely on main scenario, hunting log, dungeons, and fates.

I'm actually behind on my main story.

Level 28 dng to do ... and I'm level 35 Paladin :/

...:3

Hey, I wanted to know something. Can one of you level 50 peeps tell me if you can just jump to wearing Item Level 70 or 90 stuff the second you become 50? I mean, if you can somehow get your hands on some level 90 gear would you have to wait till you have worn lower level stuff first?

Seems strange to me that people who have maxed out a crafting class wouldn't just make item level 90 gear for when they reach 50. I mean, if you can make gear that's better than the drops youd get till the later dngs than why not?

CLBridges

I'm actually behind on my main story.

Level 28 dng to do ... and I'm level 35 Paladin :/

...:3

Hey, I wanted to know something. Can one of you level 50 peeps tell me if you can just jump to wearing Item Level 70 or 90 stuff the second you become 50? I mean, if you can somehow get your hands on some level 90 gear would you have to wait till you have worn lower level stuff first?

Seems strange to me that people who have maxed out a crafting class wouldn't just make item level 90 gear for when they reach 50. I mean, if you can make gear that's better than the drops youd get till the later dngs than why not?

Yes, as soon as you hit 50, you can equip all level 50-115 weapons/gear.

vareon

Been playing this for days now, and now I remember why I don't play MMOs lol. I'm an archer and haven't got a party for the first story quest (Sastasha). I would've waited, but right now I have other things to do than waiting for +- 30 minutes for a probably +- (?) dungeon.

Bummer, but I'll try again later in a few hours. Maybe I'll be lucky.

Sophia

Been playing this for days now, and now I remember why I don't play MMOs lol. I'm an archer and haven't got a party for the first story quest (Sastasha). I would've waited, but right now I have other things to do than waiting for +- 30 minutes for a probably +- (?) dungeon.

You can do other stuff while you wait for a party. Even change classes. Perhaps while you wait you should do some crafting or level of the Bard's secondary class (Pugilist)

Also if you're on the GAF server, ask in FC. Worth a shot to see if a healer or tank will go with you.

vareon

You can do other stuff while you wait for a party. Even change classes. Perhaps while you wait you should do some crafting or level of the Bard's secondary class (Pugilist)

Also if you're on the GAF server, ask in FC. Worth a shot to see if a healer or tank will go with you.

Thanks. It's just right this moment I'm kinda afraid to wait because I'm not sure I can dedicate the time, so I'll wait for a few hours until I'm very sure.

Sophia

Thanks. It's just right this moment I'm kinda afraid to wait because I'm not sure I can dedicate the time, so I'll wait for a few hours until I'm very sure.

Your best bet then is to get a tank/healer friend or someone from the guild. If the servers allowed for cross-server parties, I'd offer myself. But they don't. :(

tearsofash

Yeah, ask the FC.

I'm usually always willing to help people with lower level dungeons. (Unless it's Cutter's Cry, I'm seeing that in my sleep now.)

Getting a tank or healer friend really helps out. Usually me or my friend goes healer making for instant queues.

Otherwise I just craft or fish for my map in the meantime.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I've never actually watched The Waxing of the Sixth Sun disc that came with CE before.
That's pretty amazing lore work right there.

The prices are see-sawing up and down drastically on Ultros

I mean it's crazy the amount you need for bulk synthing
Just to make like 2 stacks of Buttons in a Blanket, you need roughly 1200 fire shards and 1000 water shards, that's equivalent by today's prices around 180,000-200,000 gil just on shards
They should let players have options to use which type to use during a synth
Like buttons is 6 and 5 for fire and water shards, or you can use 3 and 2 as crystals or 2 fire and 1 water cluster if you want to burn those

Cooking is the most brutal when it comes to chewing shards

indeed. weaving can also be quite brutal with all the yarn. not a good time to level this stuff.

So glad I have the items to power level WVR to 50.

The FC should organize a crafting time, put those totally pretty but useless crafting stations to work.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the fun pvp matches, guys/thanks for the carry, Mu Pod!
90 gear requires a bunch of items that cost mythology- you can buy 'em off the marketboards relatively cheaply now, but in the past the materials alone went for around 500k (and another 500k to materia them out). And if you're willing to spend mythology instead, you can just buy 90 gear from the mythology vendor anyway.

Dunan

So I only have about three days left on my subscription and I think I'm going to take a month or so off.

Two questions: how do I convey to the FC that I'd like to give up my spot and free one up for someone, but want to come back in the future?

Also, I've got about 900,000 gil and perhaps 300 of each kind of tomestone. Any recommended way of spending this stuff before it potentially gets devalued by updated content?

So I only have about three days left on my subscription and I think I'm going to take a month or so off.

Two questions: how do I convey to the FC that I'd like to give up my spot and free one up for someone, but want to come back in the future?

Also, I've got about 900,000 gil and perhaps 300 of each kind of tomestone. Any recommended way of spending this stuff before it potentially gets devalued by updated content?

Post in the leave of absence thread on Guildwork.

You're probably better off saving that stuff, I don't think it's going to be worthless in a month. Investing the gil in items is risky and the tomes are going to be current for the foreseeable.

PowerTaxi

Banned
Healed a dungeon for the first time(Cutter's Cry). Despite me trying to get everybody killed so they wouldn't ask me again, everybody lived.

Healing on a controller is actually easier than I thought it would be too.

vareon

Vareon, are you playing right now?

Nope, just logged out. I don't think it matters since I'm on goddamn Tonberry (since I live in Asia and I know some of my friends are there) where the rest of GAF is mostly Ultros. Waited 80is minutes and never got a healer. Leveled up my Leatherworking a bit in the meantime though. Let's try again tomorrow.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Thanks for the fun pvp matches, guys/thanks for the carry, Mu Pod!

90 gear requires a bunch of items that cost mythology
- you can buy 'em off the marketboards relatively cheaply now, but in the past the materials alone went for around 500k (and another 500k to materia them out). And if you're willing to spend mythology instead, you can just buy 90 gear from the mythology vendor anyway.

What, really? That's dumb.
What's the point then.

MogCakes

Speaking of healers, I did a Halatali run levelling my GLD last night and our SCH aggro'd half the area while we were killing a pull. After we wiped she blamed it on me and let me die in the final boss fight with no raise.

I know people like to blame tanks if a party wipes but seriously? I mean come on.

Astra

You only killed me incredibly fast that one time because I wasn't expecting any tanks but Mu Pod to use it. :(

I can't handle that skill very well...

Holmgang or blood for blood? Either way, I suck with both. I can't handle being burst down very well. :(

SkyOdin

Because that is way harder than it sounds. When you hit lvl 50 in a crafting class, you can't automatically craft high level items. Item level 55 gear counts as one-star recipes, and can be tricky to make HQ, even if you gear up in full level 50 crafting gar, and they tend to require the harder to acquire gathering materials. Item level 70 crafted gear counts as two-star recipes, and those are strictly impossible to craft until you load up on crafting materia and probably some good crafting food.

Item level 70 armor is also the point where you need to start using coke, potash, etc in your crafting recipes. Originally, you needed to buy these with philo tomes, at 150 tomes per item. It took nine each to make the materials to make a piece of armor. So it took 1350 philo tomes to make a single piece of ilvl 70 gear, be it a piece of main body armor or a pair of gloves. It was significantly more expensive than Darklight gear. And you had to make that gamble that it would turn out HQ just to have the same base stats as Darklight.

Nowadays, you can buy one of those items for 2500 GC seals, or hope to get one as a treasure drop in the extreme mode dungeons. And you still need nine each to make an ilvl 70 item. It can be cheaper than before (in some cases, dirt cheap, thanks to a lack of demand for minium or a few others), but it still takes some money and a lot of crafting materia to make two star items.

Making three star items, ilvl 90 gear, is insane. The requirements to just get the recipes, as well as the special equipment needed to reach the minimum crafting requirements, is significantly harder than making HQ ilvl 70 gear. Even if you obtain those requirements, ilvl 90 gear requires special components that can only be bought with myth tomes, and other components that require two-star gathering materials, which are their own nightmare to acquire. There is a good reason that ilvl 90 gear is currently really, really expensive. There are probably only a handful of crafters on each server who can make it right now.

Honestly, it is far faster and cheaper to gear up normally through myth tomes and loot from CT and the Coil. Crafting gear is for cosmetic purposes or for people with the gil to buy it and meld a lot of materia onto it to make it better than standard ilvl 90 gear. In which case it is probably superior to ilvl 100 gear, but not as good as ilvl 110 gear.

Beat the main scenario last night, finally! Didn't really enjoy the final dungeon very much though since me and three others wanted to watch cutscenes and the other people didn't.

WolvenOne

Beat the main scenario last night, finally! Didn't really enjoy the final dungeon very much though since me and three others wanted to watch cutscenes and the other people didn't.

Yeah, wonderful dungeon, but it doesn't really work out very well for the people that want to clear it for the first time. :/

..Made another alt. Got bored. Creeped up on an afk friend.

Zjf72zj.png

At least she doesn't have Lightning hair, eh? Eh?!

WfXVehgl.jpg

Just need the gloves and boots for the whole set now. I also like how some casters use the Sold Hat with the Patrician coat to pull of a showman magician look.
Also thank god for that new ps4 update made it better for the moving screenshots.

T.O.P

Banned
How the hell do i cancel my subscrption?

In the faq it says that i need to cancel my account but that can't be right

Any help?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

Speaking of which, I'm gonna heal Castrum Meridianum for the first time after Game of Thrones - anyone in GAF want to join me?

Shamdeo

How do I get to Ishgard from Gridinia so that I can become a Dragoon? I can't seem to find my way there.

North Shroud and head west past Fallgourd Float and then northwest.

Though, you're probably referring to Coerthas Central Highlands, which is what I directed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom