• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzu

How do I get to Ishgard from Gridinia so that I can become a Dragoon? I can't seem to find my way there.

Technically the city of "Ishgard" is off limits. But to get to where the dragoon job quest is, you go to North Shroud then Coerthas Central Highlands.

Varth

How deep is the shit I'm in?

OqPYxzf.jpg

Last upload to PS+ is from friday. Tell me I didn't lose two days worth of mining, fishing and eXtreme gardening, please, or I'm gonna take that as a sign from heavens that I'm playing TOO MUCH
probably true :\

What does the character config contain exactly? Cross bar, HUD, stuff like that? How do I restore it? I didn't make any relevant change to Hud and Cross bar since friday.

EDIT as a PSA: I logged off from game menu right after doing something relevant. Maybe it was saving? Game crashed, and that's it.

Shamdeo

Tell me I didn't lose two days worth of mining, fishing and eXtreme gardening, please, or I'm gonna take that as a sign from heavens that I'm playing TOO MUCH
probably true :\

That stuff is saved server side so you're good.

You may need to re-install though.

Varth

You will lose all your settings, gearsets and hotbar configs.

That stuff is saved server side so you're good.

You may need to re-install though.

No need, luckily. Would have been a disaster with my DSL speed.

Had to erase the corrupt file, and then I restored last friday save from PS+, and the game started from the exact place I left hours ago, with no difference I can see in HUD or cross bar config. Guess I got lucky this time.

I will probably have to update sets, though.

Yes, as soon as you hit 50, you can equip all level 50-115 weapons/gear.

Thanks for the fun pvp matches, guys/thanks for the carry, Mu Pod!

90 gear requires a bunch of items that cost mythology- you can buy 'em off the marketboards relatively cheaply now, but in the past the materials alone went for around 500k (and another 500k to materia them out). And if you're willing to spend mythology instead, you can just buy 90 gear from the mythology vendor anyway.

Because that is way harder than it sounds. When you hit lvl 50 in a crafting class, you can't automatically craft high level items. Item level 55 gear counts as one-star recipes, and can be tricky to make HQ, even if you gear up in full level 50 crafting gar, and they tend to require the harder to acquire gathering materials. Item level 70 crafted gear counts as two-star recipes, and those are strictly impossible to craft until you load up on crafting materia and probably some good crafting food.

Item level 70 armor is also the point where you need to start using coke, potash, etc in your crafting recipes. Originally, you needed to buy these with philo tomes, at 150 tomes per item. It took nine each to make the materials to make a piece of armor. So it took 1350 philo tomes to make a single piece of ilvl 70 gear, be it a piece of main body armor or a pair of gloves. It was significantly more expensive than Darklight gear. And you had to make that gamble that it would turn out HQ just to have the same base stats as Darklight.

Nowadays, you can buy one of those items for 2500 GC seals, or hope to get one as a treasure drop in the extreme mode dungeons. And you still need nine each to make an ilvl 70 item. It can be cheaper than before (in some cases, dirt cheap, thanks to a lack of demand for minium or a few others), but it still takes some money and a lot of crafting materia to make two star items.

Making three star items, ilvl 90 gear, is insane. The requirements to just get the recipes, as well as the special equipment needed to reach the minimum crafting requirements, is significantly harder than making HQ ilvl 70 gear. Even if you obtain those requirements, ilvl 90 gear requires special components that can only be bought with myth tomes, and other components that require two-star gathering materials, which are their own nightmare to acquire. There is a good reason that ilvl 90 gear is currently really, really expensive. There are probably only a handful of crafters on each server who can make it right now.

Honestly, it is far faster and cheaper to gear up normally through myth tomes and loot from CT and the Coil. Crafting gear is for cosmetic purposes or for people with the gil to buy it and meld a lot of materia onto it to make it better than standard ilvl 90 gear. In which case it is probably superior to ilvl 100 gear, but not as good as ilvl 110 gear.

Thank you for that big ol snap! o_O
Really wish there was a good visual gallery to view armor and not just that weird 3D model site.
Seems like I should just hope for the DNG drops and gears.
Met a guy in game that is really cool, does all the end game coil mind milting stuff and has all crafting to 50. He offered to make me a set of armor (I'm a level 35 Paladin). Was wonder how hard it was for him to do end game stuff.

Wazzy

Banned
God I can't wait until I get home so I can play some more.

Also thanks to the Gaffers that helped out me and BB with some Gil!

starting work tomorrow so ill only be able to play at most like 6 or 7 hours a day during the week. my goal is to at least get to 45 in the next couple of days so i can get my AF stuff and beat Garuda

plake

starting work tomorrow so ill only be able to play at most like 6 or 7 hours a day during the week. my goal is to at least get to 45 in the next couple of days so i can get my AF stuff and beat Garuda

Heh, finals week now. I only "have time" for an hour per day to do the most important dailies (beast tribe and duty roulette low lv). Fun times. Thursday can't come soon enough!

Aeana

I switched my language to German, and my duty queues have been longer than before. Does changing it alter queue times?
It just changes which languages are selected by default on the DF window. You can select all of them at the top of the window, and then it won't matter.

Sophia

Spent the last three hours helping some new level 50 player unlock Crystal Tower and running them through it. Found out they're a pretty good healer and my FC has a new member. Win scenario for everyone!

MechaX

Spent 50 minutes waiting in DF queue for Turn 2/4 to get some stuff for my alt, got into Turn 2, and the WHM healer had mostly level 50 equipment on the left, but put on shit like Myth Ring of Fending/Aiming/Maiming on the right to get past the ilvl limit. And he had the nerve to be like "I don't see the problem here!"

Lesson learned, never going to DF Coil again.

Spent 50 minutes waiting in DF queue for Turn 2/4 to get some stuff for my alt, got into Turn 2, and the WHM healer had mostly level 50 equipment on the left, but put on shit like Myth Ring of Fending/Aiming/Maiming on the right to get past the ilvl limit. And he had the nerve to be like "I don't see the problem here!"

Lesson learned, never going to DF Coil again.

Count yourself lucky, friend did Turn 1 9 times in DF and the group failed it 5 times.

Epcott

The good news is that I beat the main quest Saturday!

The bad news is that Relic Reborn sucks: I have no idea how to bond materia to items, I wasted 100,000 gil trying to buy supplies for this blacksmith at the market board, and I read that I need to battle HM primals for the rest of these items. Bah, the reason why I want the weapon is so I can fight them.

I'm tempted to walk away, but I can't. So much craft and chocobo grinding.
*sobs*

The bad news is that Relic Reborn sucks: I have no idea how to bond materia to items, I wasted 100,000 gil trying to buy supplies for this blacksmith at the market board, and I read that I need to battle HM primals for the rest of these items. Bah, the reason why I want the weapon is so I can fight them.

*sobs*

Which relic?

EDIT: Got the worst luck...any time I get the rainbow colors when crafting, it's always when I need to repair the craft, darnit!

Kwixotik

*sobs*

Just shout for a crafter who can do the meld for you. All you need is the materia, the weapon, and the appropriate dark matter. And the primal fights aren't too hard either. You can do Ifrit easily, get a couple i90 items with myth and take Garuda at ilvl 60, then get friends from your LS/FC to help you with Titan.

*does Turn 5 for the first time*

...okay, I'll need to watch a video of this. When it comes to getting marked, I'm an idiot :/

But I do like this Turn from what I've seen so far. The halfway part....I can already tell I'm gonna get bodied

Anybody got an idea of some good gloves and boots that would look good with the Magician set? Don't really feel like farming LCOA for the Magician's gloves and boots when they only appear during the first boss.

Sophia

tell me more

Basically, the guild lacks focus because only one of the three leaders is really active and understands the people in the guild. Of the remaining two leaders, one seems disillusioned that things aren't going to play, and the other is flat out not a leader (on top of being a jackass who nobody likes...)

Lots of drama because of this, to say the least. I stick around due to the amount of friends (both from WoW and ones I made in FFXIV), but I wish something could be done about the other two leaders.

Ken

Basically, the guild lacks focus because only one of the three leaders is really active and understands the people in the guild. Of the remaining two leaders, one seems disillusioned that things aren't going to play, and the other is flat out not a leader (on top of being a jackass who nobody likes...)

Lots of drama because of this, to say the least. I stick around due to the amount of friends (both from WoW and ones I made in FFXIV), but I wish something could be done about the other two leaders.

why dont you just

kick them

aceface

Funny, I did turn 5 for the first time tonight. Hit a roadblock at the snakes/second set of dive bombs. Gonna try it more tomorrow. I really like the battle so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom