• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Today was successful. Ran Crystal Tower twice for the first time and got the waist, legs and chest for my WHM and ran T1 twice for the first time. Now I'm only ~170 myth from my Zenith.

After tomorrow my playtime will diminish with a 8 day work week then a trip to LA for a couple days. :<

Frumix

Suffering From Success
When you beat Turn 5, you'll be amazed at how easy it becomes.

The same can be said for more or less every battle.
They're hardly ever random, once you know your role to the dot, you can do it repeatedly.
The hardest part is having other 7 people who can show the same for themselves.

dcye

Finally downed T7. Hate that fight.

Question though, do you guys LB3 the last add or do you save it for Melusine post-add? (Or pre-add?). We ended up deciding on the last add but it has such burnable HP I'm wondering if it would be better used on the boss.

Question though, do you guys LB3 the last add or do you save it for Melusine post-add? (Or pre-add?). We ended up deciding on the last add but it has such burnable HP I'm wondering if it would be better used on the boss.

My group just uses it on the last add just to get rid of it less chaos that way, since the fight isn't really that strict on DPS.

chrono01

Yeah that's what we decided, it makes sense that way. Damage only coming in from one direction that way.
Yeah, definitely save it for the add when she spawns. As you said, it lessens the damage that's incoming, and removes one less mechanic from the fight [there's enough going on already as-is!].

If you don't kill the final add fast enough it actually puts a mind control on someone, something that even though it may not last forever, it can easily wipe the raid if that person gets picked for a voice or shriek.

We actually saw it once on one attempt where we were really slow on the add even with lb2(we do not get 3 for it anymore), luckily the person with it died to either a tail lash or the purple circles and it wasn't an issue beyond that.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
If you don't kill the final add fast enough it actually puts a mind control on someone, something that even though it may not last forever, it can easily wipe the raid if that person gets picked for a voice or shriek.

We actually saw it once on one attempt where we were really slow on the add even with lb2(we do not get 3 for it anymore), luckily the person with it died to either a tail lash or the purple circles and it wasn't an issue beyond that.

Huh. Don't think we ever saw that happen.

Huh. Don't think we ever saw that happen.

We didn't even know about it since no guide ever mentioned it lol, but on that single attempt we had a lot of problems when the add came out and weren't able to start on it for several seconds and then lb took some work to get off. When it happened it was just kind of an "uhhhh..." moment where we had no idea what it was but then we had Odo start beating on a melee with his book. Almost positive we wiped that attempt just wondering wtf was that even though Odo either died soon after or the debuff fell off and he still died to something.

it's not mind control but hysteria (like hydra's fear itself). pretty hilarious watching characters under it run around the map safely but dip into the discipline ring just as it blows up at the last second

That was probably it then and we just mistook him hitting someone with him being bad, hard to tell at times.

Ken

it's not mind control but hysteria (like hydra's fear itself). pretty hilarious watching characters under it run around the map safely but dip into the discipline ring just as it blows up at the last second

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Weiiiiiiiiiird. Never seen anyone mention that anywhere.

Sophia

Went back to CT with a newcomer for the first time in months, people still struggle with that KB fight sadly.

The weirdest parts about wipes in Crystal Tower is that it's usually just a few choice players causing issues. Get them in the wrong alliance with the wrong people, and disaster strikes. :\

WolvenOne

On T5, since this was touched on earlier.

The fight isn't, "that," tough, "strictly speaking." However, there are a lot of different mechanics to learn, and, some of them are pretty unforgiving.

The 15% Echo definitely takes a lot of the edge off that fight, but even then, Tornado's during the Dread phase make me nervous. They shouldn't by now, but, invisible AoE in general makes me nervous, and the fact that it happens while you're trying to dash towards Dreads and stun/DPS them down makes it much worse.

Nothing I can't handle but, if this were back in February, I'd definitely be needing to practice that fight some more to get down into one shot territory. No need to farm it now, so generally I only run it when I'm trying to get friends through the fight.

All this said, eh, I still think T6 is harder, though I know not everyone agrees with that. XD

WolvenOne

The weirdest parts about wipes in Crystal Tower is that it's usually just a few choice players causing issues. Get them in the wrong alliance with the wrong people, and disaster strikes. :\

Yep, same can be true of any fight in this game really. Sometimes even individually very good players fall apart when they're thrown together, so, if iffy players are teamed with other iffy players, it can indeed be catastrophic.

Can't wait for full GAF CT 2 :D

......Ancient Chinese proverb, "Never go full GAF."

plake

On T5, since this was touched on earlier.

The fight isn't, "that," tough, "strictly speaking." However, there are a lot of different mechanics to learn, and, some of them are pretty unforgiving.

The 15% Echo definitely takes a lot of the edge off that fight, but even then, Tornado's during the Dread phase make me nervous. They shouldn't by now, but, invisible AoE in general makes me nervous, and the fact that it happens while you're trying to dash towards Dreads and stun/DPS them down makes it much worse.

Nothing I can't handle but, if this were back in February, I'd definitely be needing to practice that fight some more to get down into one shot territory. No need to farm it now, so generally I only run it when I'm trying to get friends through the fight.

All this said, eh, I still think T6 is harder, though I know not everyone agrees with that. XD

Haha. I love panic shouting TWISTERS on Mumble when Twin casts them.

Epcott

Just shout for a crafter who can do the meld for you. All you need is the materia, the weapon, and the appropriate dark matter. And the primal fights aren't too hard either. You can do Ifrit easily, get a couple i90 items with myth and take Garuda at ilvl 60, then get friends from your LS/FC to help you with Titan.

I think I may just pay the money next week to transfer to Ultros and join the Gaf FC. I barely interact with my current FC. Asked the group yesterday and everyone pretty much went about doing their own thing. I've been soloing the game for the most part so Titan may be a problem. Plus, on Excalibur, housing prices are insane... or are they into the millions everywhere?

Which relic?

EDIT: Got the worst luck...any time I get the rainbow colors when crafting, it's always when I need to repair the craft, darnit!

It's veil of wiyu for SMN.

Number45

I think I may just pay the money next week to transfer to Ultros and join the Gaf FC. I barely interact with my current FC. Asked the group yesterday and everyone pretty much went about doing their own thing.
Yeah, it helps. I'm on my first job so I have no crafting at all - I bought the materia and the catalyst and just asked in the FC LS if anyone could meld it for me. In fact, they even had the weapon crafted for me before (or shortly after) I hit 50. <3

Looking forward to being in a position to pay them back some day!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
As a BRD I never found Twister to be that tough but it is hilarious to see someone runs in small circle and step on to his own Twister lol

A lot of people go into tunnel vision with this game

No other mob uses that mechanic, so they aren't practiced on it coming in, you have to get used to the pattern and that comes with practice
Same goes with Divebombs

I mean T6 and Blighted Bouquet already shows how sometimes if you don't call it out, DPS keep going HAM and die in the process, yet there is a whole arena event to showcase to you it's coming

Focus Target plays a huge part, but most don't even pop that feature
When the dreadknight drops, a Twister will come during it, just have to prepare for it

Most DPS thinking that if they peel away for even 2 seconds will make them horrible players, I've seen monks die to Twisters cause you know DAT Grease Lightning Stacks needs to be maintained, yet a dead MNK does no group any good, yet people forget it and complain they dodge it

I've been goofing off in T5 now with people I usually run with, started doing Quad Flares w/o ether for shits n' giggles, hilarious outcomes, those adds melt, but DAT Aggro sometimes >.>;

I'm enjoying Coil 2 more than Coil 1, I look forward to it now, it's just the mechanics that are used feel new and refreshing, and not copy/paste of old content just remixed

I think I may just pay the money next week to transfer to Ultros and join the Gaf FC. I barely interact with my current FC. Asked the group yesterday and everyone pretty much went about doing their own thing. I've been soloing the game for the most part so Titan may be a problem. Plus, on Excalibur, housing prices are insane... or are they into the millions everywhere?

It's veil of wiyu for SMN.

If you come to Ultros find me, I'll do the melding for free
On daily, so you'll always catch me

Housing prices will always stay in the millions,I mean small houses you can buy solo for like 2-3mil
Large are still upper tier of 40+mil

Some FC's are buying 2nd homes as there "Resort" homes due to the 200 cap on items, so they need another one to put the rest of the items

IvorB

So at the weekend I managed to scrape together 400 myth tomes. So only 425 to go to get my new robe that I have my eye on. I should really have tackled Garuda story mode but I've been putting it off. She kind of scares me so I'm happy to gear up a bit beforehand to ensure everything goes smoothly and she feels the full force of my wrath.

And big thanks to whoever gave/lent me the awesome staff at the PvP night. I don't remember who it was. Just let me know if you want it back (I really hope you don't want it back...).

On another note I really wish this game had gear options beyond just stat boosts. Is there any plan to add more interesting gear options down the road or no?

Zalasta

The prices are see-sawing up and down drastically on Ultros

They should let players have options to use which type to use during a synth
Like buttons is 6 and 5 for fire and water shards, or you can use 3 and 2 as crystals or 2 fire and 1 water cluster if you want to burn those

Cooking is the most brutal when it comes to chewing shards

I'd rather they bring back the recipes to break clusters into crystals into shards. Never understood why that was removed from alchemy.

aceface

So at the weekend I managed to scrape together 400 myth tomes. So only 425 to go to get my new robe that I have my eye on. I should really have tackled Garuda story mode but I've been putting it off. She kind of scares me so I'm happy to gear up a bit beforehand to ensure everything goes smoothly and she feels the full force of my wrath.

And big thanks to whoever gave/lent me the awesome staff at the PvP night. I don't remember who it was. Just let me know if you want it back (I really hope you don't want it back...).

On another note I really wish this game had gear options beyond just stat boosts. Is there any plan to add more interesting gear options down the road or no?

Don't you have to be lv. 50 to equip any myth gear? And if you are 50 you will level sync down and nerf the gear anyways. I think having just your AF for garuda story would be overgeared.

dcye

FC's can own multiple houses?

We created a second FC, switched over to it when we did hand ins for seals. Took us a month or so to level the second FC to Level 6, bought a small house and called it our Bath house, and put about ten hot tubs in it Hahahah.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
working from home today, anyone want to join me for Castrum & Praet runs today? pumped to wrap up the main story!

I havent played in about 2 weeks due to work, I finally get a chance to log on and play for about an hour. I log off and come back later in the day to play some more and an error message pops up saying "im logged out of PSN and need to log back in".

I check my PSN and all that and its fine, but the message keeps popping up, so I delete the client and re download it and same thing happens. I delete again and use the disc this time and everything is fine except I cant play without the disc now.

Any help or advice would be appreciated!

tumblr_n6ivmc1m8w1qeosmfo1_400.gif

Oh man that Luigi mean mug lol. I know that came from Mario Kart 8

Yes, you get hysteria'd b/c that happened to me when I had voice and shriek during that phase and couldn't lb it. Luckily the hysteria took me to the opposite side of the arena and just had me running into a wall lol. Otherwise it could wipe the party

Epcott

If you come to Ultros find me, I'll do the melding for free
On daily, so you'll always catch me

Housing prices will always stay in the millions,I mean small houses you can buy solo for like 2-3mil
Large are still upper tier of 40+mil

Some FC's are buying 2nd homes as there "Resort" homes due to the 200 cap on items, so they need another one to put the rest of the items

Thanks! Will do!

Holy shit, the life of a crafter sounds intense. That's crazy. If there aren't crafter rankings already in place, there should be.

After getting my first 2 crafters to 50 I started to realize just how deep the rabbit hole goes. I have to say it's pretty exciting, I think I'll stick with it.

Solais

Neo Member
My brother and I just started back up and decided to make new characters (didn't get too far before). Both of us started as conjurers, but I'm aiming for paladin eventually. When is it recommended to start leveling gladiator?

Wilsongt

Went back to CT with a newcomer for the first time in months, people still struggle with that KB fight sadly.

You went back into CT last night? I did, also. Kept wiping to Atomos. Why? Our tank kept fucking trolling us by bringing the adds to the platform and turning Valefor's ass towards us. This is because the group vote-kicked our second tank, and it took three Atomos wipes before we got another tank in our group.

Everything was smooth after that.

Edit:

WTF is with you Ultros people and tanking Bone Dragon at the edge of the arena? It doesn't make any sense to do that.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Doubtful...well maybe the Novus will be customizeable but otherwise, probably not

Have you not seen these random small houses in the wards named close to other guilds that are just like "Servant Quarters" LOL

After getting my first 2 crafters to 50 I started to realize just how deep the rabbit hole goes. I have to say it's pretty exciting, I think I'll stick with it.

If you become a self-sufficient crafter/gatherer you really rake in the gil

There are things too cheap on the MB you don't need to get, but some of the mid to high really need to be gathered to really get the ball rolling

2 Tabs on my retainer are just overstocked with every mat I need to craft the daily turn in for GC's
All 8 crafting classes have a 5-7 item rotation , same goes for provision the gathering portion, you make roughly 8000 seals everyday if you have everything to 50

Great thing retainers did for me is I can pile up any item need quickly over a few ventures

Only things i still need to grab are the gathering items, but I can do it faster than the retainers
Trying to get 50+ ochu vines would take awhile, but sending 2 retainers out on 40 min ventures nets me roughly 16 NQ, 4 HQ

Crafting can be a small side hustle for gil, cause there's always demand for stuff
Hell melding late night for randoms has netted me nice gil

Recently I have been powerleveling different people on their crafting by making them HQ items and they doing turn-in leves
Did BSM for someone recently, which they asked me to get them from 15-50
Just buy the mats, keep the prices written including shards, then they wuld give me a bonus
The 4 hour craft session netted 350,000 gil, which is not bad at all, the mats came out to roughly 90K, so I made 250k+ for it

WTF is with you Ultros people and tanking Bone Dragon at the edge of the arena? It doesn't make any sense to do that.

Aeana comment in 3.. 2.. 1..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom