• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadRNG

It's not at all surprising, and yes it absolutely will motivate people to tank. Did you miss the commendation nuts after 2.1's release? This is an MMO: people will go great lengths for shiny status symbols.
The whole commendation craze died down pretty fast, and you still don't see many people with the gold magitek mount. I won't deny there will be some who will grind for it, but I said many people, since I thought the goal here was to get a lot more tanks into the queues to reduce times. The amount of time needed here is just really massive, and much bigger than even the commendations since you can't grind guildhests, it's locked by level/class, and can only get one credit a run. If this has any noticeable impact on the tank shortage I will be incredibly surprised.

WolvenOne

Leviathan weapon might not be better than Allagan for some (or all) classes, but just like Allagan vs AF2 gear it wasn't ever a deal breaker (maybe on Twin for some, no idea). So being able to get Leviathan HM weapon should make Leviathan EM more doable to get the i100, which in turn will make Second Coil more doable I would imagine. For whatever reason, I just never wanted to try to learn Twin. Probably because of how hard people made it sound and I remember how much time (10+ hours at least each) I had to put into Garuda, Titan, and Ifrit to "get good" at them and Twin sounded like it was on a whole other level.

I preferred to spend time leveling other classes, doing EM Primals/T1-4, and grabbing as much myth/phil/drops to secure full i70-i90 gear for all my classes. However, since I pugged coil forever, I spent a LOT of time with groups failing in T4 or taking longer than usual on T1. I could only imagine if I had a static early on in 2.1, I probably would have Twin on farm. But basically, I was just farming myth early on in 2.1, then at some point I decided to try Garuda, then Titan, and then finally Ifrit. I just took too long to learn stuff and get good. I also did not play as much as I do now until like, maybe start of February. Before then, I would maybe play an hour every few nights and then finish hitting myth cap on Saturday or Sunday and bail. Now I play like 4 hours each night and more on weekends.

The iLvl95 Levi Axe is probably better then the Allagan 1 Axe, maaaainly because the Allagan axe has a ton of determination, but no parry. I mean, that's a primary defense stat, and there's quite a lot of it on the iLvl90 axes. So there's an excellent chance that, while the ilvl95 Levi Axe may do less damage then the Allagan Axe, it'll be an overall better weapon for tanking.

Granted, still want the Allagan axe as a potential vanity trophy, maybe.

WolvenOne

The whole commendation craze died down pretty fast, and you still don't see many people with the gold magitek mount. I won't deny there will be some who will grind for it, but I said many people, since I thought the goal here was to get a lot more tanks into the queues to reduce times. The amount of time needed here is just really massive, and much bigger than even the commendations since you can't grind guildhests, it's locked by level/class, and can only get one credit a run. If this has any noticeable impact on the tank shortage I will be incredibly surprised.

Well, it's be a lot easier to grind for these mounts, then it will be to grind for commendations. A lot of people don't give out commendations, so you can go several dungeon runs and only get one or two. Grinding for Tank mounts won't have this issue.

Besides that, if you do Tank 200 lvl50 dungeon runs, chances are you either have some idea what you're doing, or may give you some idea. So if it even slightly improves the overall skill level of tanks in this game, all the better.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
So, I've only watched videos but
thats the stage where you fought the bad guy in 1.0, to try and stop the moon, right? Is turn 9 the "let's kill Hitler" plotline?

BadRNG

The i100 tome weapons will cost 1300 soldiery + however you get the unidentified tome? Man. The X of time items do indeed need to be used to upgrade weathered items. Hopefully it's a coil drop that whole party gets per boss clear, not a single rare white item or something.

Unless I'm blind I still don't see the phil to myth rate. And the myth crafting items are 500 a pop. If the items take 9 per again crafting is going to be ridiculously expensive.

omlet

Haven't really been playing since last month but I guess change pose emote is a good enough reason for me to log in again since it's something I was asking for since beta... my hype is just so dead recently, don't really have the time to get re-invested in the game as much as I was up to 2.1. Not even these spoilers excite me :|

Still, legacy pricing + best catgirl simulator in the world = you can still have my money, SE.

why can't I hold all of these things I want to spend my time on

desu

Some weapon stats: (zodiac comparison)
Thyrus Animus 49 phy 72 mag 3.44 delay37 mind 38 vit 29 det 28 ss 22 acc
Thyrus Atma 46 phy 69 mag 3.44 delay31 mind 32 vit 26 det 26 ss

BadRNG

Rowena's Token (Soldiery)... don't tell me we have to beat all 5 extremes to get those.
It's in the list a bit further down, 130 soldiery per token.

Some weapon stats: (zodiac comparison)
Thyrus Animus 49 phy 72 mag 3.44 delay37 mind 38 vit 29 det 28 ss 22 acc
Thyrus Atma 46 phy 69 mag 3.44 delay31 mind 32 vit 26 det 26 ss
Wait what, ACC on a WHM weapon? Da hell?

New coil mechanic: Your heals can miss!

omlet

It's in the list a bit further down, 130 soldiery per token.

Wait what, ACC on a WHM weapon? Da hell?

New coil mechanic: Your heals can miss!

More likely, new coil mechanic: your WHM needs to help DPS more.

I'd take ACC on my WHM's weapon any day.

Stuart444

Never done it (and not sure if there is any DRM implemented), but if you have USB stick it should allow you transfer it on it.

Can't see how. Went to MP3 copy in the extras menu, it seems to only allow you to copy the MP3s to PC, not to PS3.

I don't think so, but if you're talking about the BD OST, I used this forbidden technique: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136268

Yay, have to buy an external BD drive then... -_-

Some notable stuff from that Vendor list (long post, sorry!):

@.@

Magic pot, Gimme an Elixir
1 Wind-up Sun
1 Elixir

Requirements for the Master Crafting Books?

Talan, Items (DoH)
1 Master Carpenter I
5 Treated Spruce Lumber
1 Master Blacksmith I
5 Darksteel Ingot
1 Master Armorer I
5 Darksteel Ingot
1 Master Goldsmith I
5 Rose Gold Ingot
1 Master Leatherworker I
5 Hard Hippogryph Leather
1 Master Weaver I
5 Vanya Silk
1 Master Alchemist I
5 Growth Formula Delta Concentrate
1 Master Culinarian I
5 Sauteed Coeurl

New Crafting Tome Items?

1 Petrified Log
500 Allagan Tomestone of Mythology
1 Scheelite
1 Raziqsand
1 Saurian Skin
1 Cashmere Fleece
1 Emery
1 Tawny Latex
150 Allagan Tomestone of Mythology

desu

Can't see how. Went to MP3 copy in the extras menu, it seems to only allow you to copy the MP3s to PC, not to PS3.

Oh, since you said you had it on PS3 I assumed you could just copy it from there.

High Allagan Bow Physical Damage 48 Magic Damage 39 Delay 3.36 Auto-Attack 53.76 DPS 16 Dexterity 45Vitality 53Determination 32Accuracy 32

Rosenbogen 1 Item › Main Hand › Archer's ArmXIVMODELS Physical Damage 46 Magic Damage 38 Delay 3.2 Auto-Attack 49.07 DPS 15.33 Dexterity 42Vitality 49Skill Speed 44Critical Hit Rate 31

High Allagan Baghnakhs 1 Item › Main Hand › Pugilist's ArmXIVMODELS Physical Damage 53 Magic Damage 39 Delay 2.64 Auto-Attack 46.64 DPS 17.67 Strength 45Vitality 53Skill Speed 46Critical Hit Rate 32

High Allagan Staff 1 Item › Main Hand › Two-handed Thaumaturge's ArmXIVMODELS Physical Damage 53 Magic Damage 77 Delay 3.44 Auto-Attack 60.77 DPS 17.67 Vitality 47Intelligence 45Spell Speed 46Critical Hit Rate 32

Einbroch

Banned
Apparently this was down today (still is?) I played three games of League of Legends today and in all three games random people were talking up the game. Maybe I should take a look at it again.

WolvenOne

Wow, so to get a primal weapon costs 390 soldiery tomes?

What's the point of doing EX Primals again (outside of Leviathan)?

Are you really going to waste your soldiery tomes in iLvl90 gear, when you can just down the Primals once a week to get the same items?

Similarly, I saw a few items there that cost something like 10 Tokens. Dang, if those items are any good I'll have to start hoarding my Primal Kill Tokens.

Teknoman

So, I've only watched videos but
thats the stage where you fought the bad guy in 1.0, to try and stop the moon, right? Is turn 9 the "let's kill Hitler" plotline?

Pretty much, but no one is sure why he is there now. Well aside from Final Fantasy logic.

Tabris

I don't think those are the same thing, the 3 tokens you get for weekly primal kills and Rowena's token (soldierty). I think they just gave an option to buy Primal weapons instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom