• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Huh? It was already like that. That's how I found out someone in the FC had me blacklisted.

I know for sure that not being able to join the PF of someone you blacklisted was already in the game, but no clue on the other way around.

i'm too uguu to be blacklisted

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
  • An issue where in enemies that appear during the final boss encounter of Haukke Manor (Hard) counted toward quest objectives for the Book of Skywind II.

RIP in peace real Lady Amamamamandine.

IvorB

One thing that I like from Qarn is that cheeky Facer that turns up for a couple of seconds every now and then that drops bonus treasure if you kill it. Wish more dungeons had nice little side gimmicks like that.

That dungeon has quite a few little treasure puzzles in it actually.

Sorry for the delay!

It's not 50%, it's only 20%. With a high HP pool, that's not much at all, just be careful about using it when there's going to be a high-damage, raid-wide AOE.

No worries! Yeah I'm gonna give this a bash this weekend. :)

WolvenOne

• An issue where in enemies that appear during the final boss encounter of Haukke Manor (Hard) counted toward quest objectives for the Book of Skywind II.

RIP in peace real Lady Amamamamandine.

Dangit, they're fixing that? I kinda hoped I'd be able to take advantage of that for my second Animus. XD

Aeana

450816f57ade2015876e7675c3d06dca30386770_0.png

0/75

Aeana

So I guess alexandrites are catalysts for melding materia to the scrolls or something.

450816f57ade2015876e7675c3d06dca30386770_28.png

0/75
31+44 stats added to the novus = 75

If it's one materia per stat point, good lord.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
75 materia pieces?! What the cat?
Edit: oh. But that still sounds atrocious. Time to level out my crafts.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Appealing to as many people as possible is usually never the way to make a quality product of any kind. It is a way to make an average product. Yes, it makes more money as well, but what is the point when that more money to the person you are replying to if it just goes to making more average content/products?

I think what he means is that a large variety of content aimed at a wide variety of demographics is the only way an MMO can actually function because the' lowest common denominator' player is literally the only way this MMO can actually continue to stay up because the casual player is 99% of the subscriber base. Yeah, that means a spread of focus and a lower effort put into the stuff I personally enjoy but if people like the Japanese player quit, even if I disagree with his premise on what's fun and almost everything he stands for, will kill the game in the long run.

Qvoth

So I guess alexandrites are catalysts for melding materia to the scrolls or something.

450816f57ade2015876e7675c3d06dca30386770_28.png

0/75
31+44 stats added to the novus = 75

If it's one materia per stat point, good lord.

lol guess i'm just gonna stop at animus, i only have like 800k gil now
would be hilarious if this still uses the same materia melding % chance

Sophia

I'm gonna have a new occupation spirit bonding if this is the case, lol. Gonna be good for a guildmate friend of mine with all the crafters at 50 too.

Ken

I wonder if you have to choose what stats to give your weapon before it gives you the scroll and the Infusion allottment. That 31/44 split on those two specific stats is the same split seen on Rosenbogen, so I guess it goes without saying even Sphere Scrolls will have materia caps...but I wonder if there will also be a stat minimum; it seems like they might be incredibly strict with the split to the point of it being exact.

Choosing DET and ACC/SS might cut down Infusion limit to 0/66, and a combo of DET/CRIT would bring you down to 0/62.

i wish wildstar wasn't down at the same time as FF so I wouldn't need to find fun in making up what scrolls do when we'll find out shortly after patch goes live

Oh man, we totally gotta get a sight seeing party going tomorrow aswell guys! That'd be fun! channel a bit of detective gaf.

^Way I see it being done, once you infuse it with two different stats, it locks it. Won't let you set in a third.

And I just don't see it actually taking 75 individual materia. I feel like if you add a heaven's eye materia II it'll add the 4 acc from that materia to that 75 count.

But who knows, maybe it will be 75 different materia. It would certain be grindy.

theta11

lol @ low level roulette. The time spent in a low level dungeon vs doing Bray SR. Yeah, no.

Books should have never cost Myth to begin with. The books themselves should just take longer and be more varied. Would make the whole process feel less grindy. When you finish one you go get another and repeat the process.

Ken

Methinks Novus should be 115 at this point. It may not be "hard" to get, but it's certantly time-consuming and expensive, at this point.

They would bump up High Allagan to 120 in response. Really though, the 5 extra ilevels are just there to make people feel good about themselves.

WolvenOne

So, fellow Wars with Animus.

Are you going to go for Accuracy/Parry, or Accuracy Determination?

So far I'm hearing people advocating both.

Sophia

Methinks Novus should be 115 at this point. It may not be "hard" to get, but it's certantly time-consuming and expensive.

Not everyone enjoys SR Bray. :p

At best, Brayflox speedruns are boring, uneventful, and nobody talks enough. At worst, someone screws up and it becomes frustrating. I'll take the low level dungeon. >_>;

I think what he means is that a large variety of content aimed at a wide variety of demographics is the only way an MMO can actually function because the' lowest common denominator' player is literally the only way this MMO can actually continue to stay up because the casual player is 99% of the subscriber base. Yeah, that means a spread of focus and a lower effort put into the stuff I personally enjoy but if people like the Japanese player quit, even if I disagree with his premise on what's fun and almost everything he stands for, will kill the game in the long run.

Follow the quote path. There is no problem with providing a variety of content to suit a variety of people (which is what the game currently does, you shouldn't feel like you have to do coil stuff if you don't enjoy that kind of fight, and there is significantly less coil style stuff then not), but that isn't what this is talking about. A few quotes up he said this;
There are some people who will never be able to dodge twisters or plumes. Should they be disallowed from seeing content when it is no longer relevant because they can't dodge?

Just because you play the game doesn't mean every bit of content should be catered to you, or changed to fit your playstyle. I'm not a fan of high level crafting so it just isn't something I do. I don't complain that I don't have a ton of cash, or have to pay a ton to get anything that the people that do put the effort into end enjoy crafting get.

WolvenOne

You can't increase the vitality even more?

Theoretically you probably could, buuuut, the Primary Stats are already going to be on the weapon by default, and assuming this works at all like normal Materia Melding, the weapons are going to have a max-budget for any given stat, and the normal primary stat is probably mostly going to fill that budget to begin with.

So, basically, more than a lil wouldn't do you any good.

Ken

Hopefully it's the stat distribution and not per materia.

yeah i'm 100% sure that's stat budget and it won't be 0/75 for every single scroll

i'm guessing you'll have to choose your two secondary stats, and then you'll receive a specific scroll with a corresponding item budget of 0/75, 0/66, or 0/62.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Yeah but LL bonus is still daily and not constant and also screws you out of exp bonuses for your non main classes that you might be levelling. CT kinda sounds attractive but for quoue times.

WolvenOne

Hopefully it's the stat distribution and not per materia.

Probably stat distribution. I, REALLY hope that XIVDB or somebody can rip the patch and figure out these weapons max budgets for the various stats. After all, I really, REALLY, don't want to find out the hard way that more than 4 Det/Parry/Acc Materia's won't do you any good.

If we have to do this via Trial and error, the really fast players are going to invariably figure this out the hard way. This'll be exceptionally painful, given that you can't re-do your stats until 2.3.

WolvenOne

Yeah but LL bonus is still daily and not constant and also screws you out of exp bonuses for your non main classes that you might be levelling. CT kinda sounds attractive but for quoue times.

Queue with a Tank. Not only does that reduce your wait time, but it slightly reduces the chances that the ensuing run being a fiasco.

Ken

Probably stat distribution. I, REALLY hope that XIVDB or somebody can rip the patch and figure out these weapons max budgets for the various stats. After all, I really, REALLY, don't want to find out the hard way that more than 4 Det/Parry/Acc Materia's won't do you any good.

If we have to do this via Trial and error, the really fast players are going to invariably figure this out the hard way. This'll be exceptionally painful, given that you can't re-do your stats until 2.3.

The example Novus in the patch notes seems weird since it's pretty heavy into crit chance which seems out of stat budget range when comparing to existing i110s but I'm sure someone out there has numbers to back up that gae bolg.

WolvenOne

The example Novus in the patch notes seems weird since it's pretty heavy into crit chance which seems out of stat budget range when comparing to existing i110s but I'm sure someone out there has numbers to back up that gae bolg.

Yeeeah, if it turns out that you can really put in any amount of any stat, so long as you had sufficient materia and alexandrites, well it'd be insane.

I mean, for starters, if that's the case, then DPS could just hunt down Strength Materia (Not sure how rare it is, never really looked into it,) and keep piling up that until your weapon beat out the stats on the High Allagan weapons.

Which is why I'm fairly certain they're not doing it that way. It'd make the Novus weapons hecka OP.

Ken

Yeeeah, if it turns out that you can really put in any amount of any stat, so long as you had sufficient materia and alexandrites, well it'd be insane.

I mean, for starters, if that's the case, then DPS could just hunt down Strength Materia (Not sure how rare it is, never really looked into it,) and keep piling up that until your weapon beat out the stats on the High Allagan weapons.

Which is why I'm fairly certain they're not doing it that way. It'd make the Novus weapons hecka OP.

strength is a primary stat..

anyways, to answer your original question; assuming the values on the example gae bolg aren't misleading I'm lead to believe that the budgets will be like these*

0/75 infusion budget
Accuracy and Crit (44/31)
Crit and Skill Speed (44/31)???
Accuracy and Spell Speed (44/31)

0/67
CRIT/PIE (44/23)
SS/PIE (44/23)

0/66 Infusion budget
ACC/DET (44/22)
DET/Skill Speed (22/44)

0/62 Infusion Budget
CRIT/DET (31/31)

0/55 Infusion budget
DET/PIE (22/33)

*these are all probably wrong as i'm just pulling numbers out of my butt to pass the time

plake

So many good quality of life changes - wow! I am curious to the details of the Novus upgrade path as well. Not entirely clear on how it works. Let's see if it's one materia (and any materia?) per upgrade point. That will be insane and materia market will be so expensive in a few hours.

WolvenOne

It's gonna be limited to secondary stats though, right? Strength shouldn't work since it's a primary stat.

No idea. You'd think it just wouldn't work, but we're probably not going to know for a certainty until somebody goes in reads the details of the quest line.

Square has a bit of a history here. They seem to like forcing thier players to figure these things out on thier own.

See, gardening, combining materia, etc etc.

So, fellow Wars with Animus.

Are you going to go for Accuracy/Parry, or Accuracy Determination?

So far I'm hearing people advocating both.

I'm thinking it would be best to skip accuracy, at least in my case. Right now I'm not missing in T6 or T7 and if I get the helm or legs all that extra acc would just be wasted. I can easily eat some food for T8 if I get there soon. It would've been nice back when I didn't have any sol gear but its a little to late now.

As for what I'll put on my Novus, I'm still debating. I haven't read up much on parry but if it's just going to add a 1% chance to parry more often is it really worth it? I'm crazy enough to go det/crit, but then again what's a little extra det or crit gonna do? Probably the same minimal results.

Aeana

No idea. You'd think it just wouldn't work, but we're probably not going to know for a certainty until somebody goes in reads the details of the quest line.

Square has a bit of a history here. They seem to like forcing thier players to figure these things out on thier own.

See, gardening, combining materia, etc etc.

This is very clearly laid out in the patch notes.

The enhancement process will raise your relic weapon animus's strength, dexterity, vitality, intelligence, and mind attributes to a value befitting gear of item level 110. Attributes that remain will be replaced with the ones infused into the sphere scroll.

You cannot mess with strength, dexterity, vitality, intelligence, or mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom