• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

edgefusion

As RNG heavy as it is, it'd probably be smart to try Spirit Binding at least a few of these materia pieces yourself.

That really goes without saying, the ones lucky enough to get on early are gonna have a field day with materia prices.... Amongst the small population that even managed to get an Animus that is.

Sorian

Banned
That really goes without saying, the ones lucky enough to get on early are gonna have a field day with materia prices.... Amongst the small population that even managed to get an Animus that is.

People already got in before 5 PDT apparently, prices are shot already and here I am knocking on the server's door crying.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Okay so Sightseeing log is pretty stupid.
Not only do you need to find a particular place conveyed to you through a piece of poetry (narrowed down to the zone), you also need to be there in a particular weather at particular time of the day.
And the reward is a minion.
That's dum.
Out of all the updates, that's the dumberer one.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
People already got in before 5 PDT apparently, prices are shot already and here I am knocking on the server's door crying.

I bought 11 Heaven's Eye Materia 4 @300k per, put them back up for 555,555 gil each
Gonna see if I can sell these @1mil+

Taruranto

Not only do you need to find a particular place conveyed to you through a piece of poetry (narrowed down to the zone), you also need to be there in a particular weather at particular time of the day.
That's dum.

The weather part is kinda annoying, aye, but other than that, duh? What were you expecting? It's good content to kill time.

In a week people will have it filled so if you don't want to play it, just wait for a walktrought.

Sorian

Banned
It would be a damn shame if the servers broke and they had to rollback the server to an earlier time before other people bought materia for cheap so that I could do it instead.

BadRNG

So how's my math, I need to bind 12 materia to the sphere scroll. 4 Savage Aim IV, 1 Savage Aim III, 1 Savage Aim I, 5 Savage Might IV, and 1 Savage Might I. Sound about right?
From what some people are saying, you can only use lower grade materia at first and you work your way up somehow. Someone on the BG forums got his first Alexandrite and says he can only meld Grade Is for now for example.

It's unclear how exact distribution of materia will work.

Let's see how many meteor rings and gamblers crowns are on display in dailies from now on ;)
Someone did some tests with the +spiritbond items and found them to be pretty crap from what I remember. I can try and find the thread if you're interested, but I'm fairly certain you get much more bang for your buck using HQ melded items you can spiritbond at same time in those slots as well rather than wasting them on +spiritbond gear.

Sorian

Banned
Well GAFfers were quicker than me on those...

I mean HEIV's will be worth it to those weapons that have Skill Speed on them and need the Accuracy

I would think only tanks would have an excuse to put accuracy on their novus, any dps doing it is only thinking short term and that's foolish.

Speaking of, has anyone figured out how PLD sword and shield novus works? I always enjoy seeing how SE has to bend over backwards to make that relic work out the same way without extra work.

WolvenOne

Most of my AF2 gear is 100% spiritbound >_> into the aether it goes.

Yeeeah, probably going to do the same Sadly. Especially since AF2 is going to be a hunting reward in 2.3. Only need to keep a few key pieces for accuracy juggling in Coil. Specifically, belt, the Coil accessories, etc.

Sad, but they were mostly just taking up space at this point.

Anyhow, just take it one Materia piece at a time. The market may settle in a week or so, and we still don't know just how easy it is to get Alexandrite.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
From what some people are saying, you can only use lower grade materia at first and you work your way up somehow. Someone on the BG forums got his first Alexandrite and says he can only meld Grade Is for now for example.

Well played YoshiP.
Well played.

Sorian

Banned

Would be surprised if this is actually true but "lol SE" and all that. They're probably being dicks about it since your first couple melds are 100% chance and then that chance starts getting slimmer. I'm sure they'd love to see materia IV's and gil just vanish from the game.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Yeeeah, probably going to do the same Sadly. Especially since AF2 is going to be a hunting reward in 2.3. Only need to keep a few key pieces for accuracy juggling in Coil. Specifically, belt, the Coil accessories, etc.

Sad, but they were mostly just taking up space at this point.

Anyhow, just take it one Materia piece at a time. The market may settle in a week or so, and we still don't know just how easy it is to get Alexandrite.

We know though?
Buy mysterious treasure maps for 800 myth, or get the same maps daily from expert roulette, or, do fates with animus equipped, or, do daily hunts come 2.3. Sounds pretty easy to me.

Number45

Posted?

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/312f4fabf2cb169c359d08f85871128528d19acd

In response to an overwhelming amount of feedback from our fans, we're pleased to announce that Fantasia is now available for purchase via the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station!

Purchasing Fantasia
Fantasia may be purchased in quantities of one, three, or five phials, up to a combined total of nine phials.
To purchase Fantasia, please log in to the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station, then proceed to Additional Services.
* The quantity of Fantasia purchased will be granted to all characters available on the selected service account, as well as any new characters created after the purchase.

Reminders
Fantasia will be delivered to all characters via the moogle delivery service.
Fantasia purchased via the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station cannot be sold or traded.
If you are currently logged into the game, phials of Fantasia will be delivered via the moogle delivery service upon your next login.

A future update to the service will make it possible to designate the number of sets to be purchased. Further details will be announced when they become available.

Seems like quite a smart way of handling it.

WolvenOne

Someone did some tests with the +spiritbond items and found them to be pretty crap from what I remember. I can try and find the thread if you're interested, but I'm fairly certain you get much more bang for your buck using HQ melded items you can spiritbond at same time in those slots as well rather than wasting them on +spiritbond gear.

.... Wait

So, at least initially, the higher grade stuff is useless?

Oh lordy, all those people that cleared out the high grade materia market. XD

Yeah, it takes no time at all to Spirit bind lobbies gear. So it's all about farming Alexandrite I guess.

system11

From testing this wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, but HQ melded items are not free. Of course it might be that without gimping yourself (as a party) the runs will be quicker and thus spiritbonding happens faster anyway.

Sorian

Banned
Hmm so did the general number of myth that drop from particular dungeons change or did they only up the number from daily roulettes?

BadRNG

I would think only tanks would have an excuse to put accuracy on their novus, any dps doing it is only thinking short term and that's foolish.

Speaking of, has anyone figured out how PLD sword and shield novus works? I always enjoy seeing how SE has to bend over backwards to make that relic work out the same way without extra work.
ACC on weapon is thinking long term. It gives you a nice consistent ACC bonus to work with, so you can mix and match other gear that you can't guarantee due to RNG/tome requirements. If you end up with perfect RNG and get all the gear you want (good luck with that), you may end up a few secondary stats off from BiS but secondary stats are pretty awful as is and it won't amount to much. The flexibility having ACC on your weapon gives should not be underestimated.

Since you need 3 ink for one scroll, seems pretty obvious it'll end up being something like one ink for shield and two for sword with their secondary stat count split. And should be noted you can't get Novus started until you have both animus sword/shield equipped.

edgefusion

So without fate farming it costs 800 myth for one alexandrite? Plus the 1,500 for the scroll. Then the spirit binding/grinding for Gil to afford materia. Which eventually might fail to meld. The only way I could get novus in a timely manner is if I literally quit my job. This is definitely going to be skipped. RIP in piece Sphairai.

GraveRobberX

From BG Animus Thread:

AZGiXpN.png

RpnSjyI.png

Also 800 Myth for 1 map for alexandrite?... lolwut?

Alucrid

Banned
So spirit bind free company buff?

Edit: wonder if that second pic means you have to go from 1-4 Materia depending on your current progress?

Sorian

Banned
ACC on weapon is thinking long term. It gives you a nice consistent ACC bonus to work with, so you can mix and match other gear that you can't guarantee due to RNG/tome requirements. If you end up with perfect RNG and get all the gear you want (good luck with that), you may end up a few secondary stats off from BiS but secondary stats are pretty awful as is and it won't amount to much. The flexibility having ACC on your weapon gives should not be underestimated.

Since you need 3 ink for one scroll, seems pretty obvious it'll end up being something like one ink for shield and two for sword with their secondary stat count split. And should be noted you can't get Novus started until you have both animus sword/shield equipped.

I'm a BLM so I'm biased. I can sneeze and be at accuracy cap. I'd still rather have damage dealing secondary stats on my weapon, from what I've seen most can get to accuracy caps just from whatever gear you can buy with the tomestones of the month and that may take some time but if the accuracy is coming eventually anyway, I'd rather have this big bonus to damage.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
That's dum.

eh, sounds more fun than fate farming or running tam tara for myth

i'll check it out for myself

what's the minion?

Number45

I've been meaning to ask: can I buy the animus books before I have all of the ATMAs? Thinking of foregoing myth items and just picking up the books as I can afford them.

GraveRobberX

I'm a BLM so I'm biased. I can sneeze and be at accuracy cap. I'd still rather have damage dealing secondary stats on my weapon, from what I've seen most can get to accuracy caps just from whatever gear you can buy with the tomestones of the month and that may take some time but if the accuracy is coming eventually anyway, I'd rather have this big bonus to damage.

You do realize this weapon will keep getting upgraded right?
How about for DPS who want to maybe put ACC on their wep helps them out by 2.4
They won't need to swap out gear to reach cap, the wep might cover them there

As flexible Novus is trying to be, holy shit does it look like an archaic way of reaching it
If you took that JP players blog about mechanics and the different version of players playing this, this isn't helping furthering them along

Sorian

Banned
You do realize this weapon will keep getting upgraded right?
How about for DPS who want to maybe put ACC on their wep helps them out by 2.4
They won't need to swap out gear to reach cap, the wep might cover them there

As flexible Novus is trying to be, holy shit does it look like an archaic way of reaching it
If you took that JP players blog about mechanics and the different version of players playing this, this isn't helping furthering them along

Yes, and every single time, you'll be able to redistribute what stats you have on the weapon. Accuracy is not an issue now, no need for it now. Maybe it will be later when the next upgrade to this comes so I can reevaluate then.

GraveRobberX

Well, guess the Novus relic weapons will finally be able to be BIS

Not really

i115 High Allagan Weapons will still be king for another month and a half
Wep DMG > All Stats

Maybe 2.3 will even them up and Novus will surpass them with the tinkering of stats

BadRNG

Seems like the myth farm is optional, you can get one map daily from a quest as well as buying the map for myth. So if you want you can go the slow and steady route.

Well, guess the Novus relic weapons will finally be able to be BIS
Not sure how, High Allagan will still be superior. Even if there is slightly subpar secondary stat allocation for certain classes, the extra primary and weapon damage makes up for it.

I115 High Allagan is a pipe dream for about 98% of players.
High Allagan gear in general is a pipedream for 98% of players, but BiS is BiS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom