• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMBored

This seems to indicate only secondary atributes are changed by materia:

The enhancement process will raise your relic weapon animus's strength, dexterity, vitality, intelligence, and mind attributes to a value befitting gear of item level 110. Attributes that remain will be replaced with the ones infused into the sphere scroll. In the case of Thyrus Animus and Omnilex Animus, base accuracy will not be replaced.

I hope we can dump lv1 materia into this and not have the need to use 75 lv4 materia.

WolvenOne

So many good quality of life changes - wow! I am curious to the details of the Novus upgrade path as well. Not entirely clear on how it works. Let's see if it's one materia (and any materia?) per upgrade point. That will be insane and materia market will be so expensive in a few hours.

Just hope my 3.5 million Gil is going to be enough.

Also, hopefully finding Alexandrite won't be that tough. If it isn't, then we won't necessarily need to make each and every single piece of Materia max tier.

Aeana

Alexandrite will most likely be (relatively) difficult to come by until 2.3, when they will be adding the majority of the sources. The entire reason 2.28 was delayed was so they could even come up with ways to get alexandrite that weren't in 2.3.

WolvenOne

This seems to indicate only secondary atributes are changed by materia:

I hope we can dump lv1 materia into this and not have the need to use 75 lv4 materia.

Dangit, so many things to reply to. XD

You'll need Alexandrite to affix materia to the Sphere grid. So the higher tier materia translates into fewer Alexandrite's you'll need to farm.

Granted, if its plentiful enough, that's not going to matter. I doubt it'll be that common though, at least initially.

Ken

Didn't I say that I very much doubted it'd work that way? XD

let's just say that after this gem

primary stat on armor pieces is defense and magic defense, any DPS increase is from the secondary stats. So crafted ilvl90 gear, fulled melded to deal damage, is going to deal a lot of damage, but won't mitigate nearly as much damage as higher ilvl armor.

Kinda imbalanced in that respect, but, if your job is to deal damage, and you're good at avoiding attacks, it does make some sense.

i can never be completely sure about you

Alex

That novus is darn cool, not cool enough for me to ever start that crazy timesink for the sake of swapping one iffy scaling substat for another but I do like what they did with it. Now do more customization... And add better stats.

system11

Just hope my 3.5 million Gil is going to be enough.

If it turns out to need IVs, that won't even be close, the prices will skyrocket uncontrollably and without restriction since it would make more people consider using gil sellers.

I really hope it can take 1-4 and increase by the relevant amount, or 'any grade = 1 increase' would be fine too.

WolvenOne said:
Also, hopefully finding Alexandrite won't be that tough. If it isn't, then we won't necessarily need to make each and every single piece of Materia max tier.

Ties in with the above really, if it's too easy to find prices will skyrocket. If you need to use IVs you want this to be kept rare to try to slow down the materia consumption.

I hope they've thought this through.

Ken

That novus is darn cool, not cool enough for me to ever start that crazy timesink for the sake of swapping one iffy scaling substat for another but I do like what they did with it. Now do more customization... And add better stats.

i think i might join you

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
If you thought the Materia market was pricey before... HOLY SHIT!

Price Gouging Go!

Let's see how this shifts gil around

People who Spiritbond religiously, are going to make bank
Goodbye Uruth's Gift, you were fun, watch the onslaught of SB'ers clamoring to kill those water sprites

Alucrid

Banned
Sphere Scroll melds CAN fail, they start with 100% success rate but will drop as you meld more materia. Once you have melded all the stats you can hand over Animus and Scroll to obtain your Novus.

LOL

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
grinding for more endgame weapons doesn't seem all that interesting, but the sightseeing log does

anyone know what rewards it drops?

system11

I am so, so, so very happy that I bought and melded all my i90 bits over a week ago (I didn't like the holes full sold/myth sets leave). I'd assume this won't massively affect crafting materia. I hope so anyway since I'm part of the way through making a 'perfect' GSM set at the moment. Pentamelds and tears of frustration and sorrow all round. I burned 24 CP+1 on the final stage of one ring.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
LOL so GAFFers ran roughshod on the IV market, I see you all

Fuck it lets see if this pays off for me!

Anyone interested in Heaven's Eye Materia IV >.>;

I put up some rank IV Materia on the Market Board before logging out for the maintenance- the very first things I've tried to sell.

They're gonna be gone when I log in, aren't they. ;-;

draw4wild

I wonder if there will be any variation in the stats people put into novus, or if everyone will wind up doing the same upgrade, so for example all SMNs go det/acc......

Ken

I wonder if there will be any variation in the stats people put into novus, or if everyone will wind up doing the same upgrade, so for example all SMNs go det/acc......

pretty sure all DPS will go det/crit, if gil allows it of course lol

how the split will occur if everyone gets 75 points to play with i don't know

system11

So it's still not confirmed I take it, what levels of materia you need to meld? This could be fairly entertaining if someone sinks all their gil into post-gaf-buyup materia only to find the value drop down to little more than it was before.

So I guess alexandrites are catalysts for melding materia to the scrolls or something.

450816f57ade2015876e7675c3d06dca30386770_28.png

0/75
31+44 stats added to the novus = 75

If it's one materia per stat point, good lord.

So this is when I stop playing the game.

Is almost XI level bullshit.

edgefusion

I think I'm gonna give this Novus upgrade a miss, despite it looking quite decent. The huge materia expense, once again gimping gearing alt jobs through myth costs, the fate farming are just not something I want any part in. I'll stick with glanzfaust and whatever they add in 2.3. I could just barely stomach atma and animus, but this is just too much. Even if I did start the quest I wouldn't be finished until well after it was old hat anyway. I understand the need for time sinks but what they've been doing with the relic is just hugely excessive.

Sorian

Banned
So how's my math, I need to bind 12 materia to the sphere scroll. 4 Savage Aim IV, 1 Savage Aim III, 1 Savage Aim I, 5 Savage Might IV, and 1 Savage Might I. Sound about right?

Edit: That's using the 44/31 split that their example used. Don't know if those are max numbers or if you can split it more evenly/less evenly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom