• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorian

Banned
High Allagan gear in general is a pipedream for 98% of players, but BiS is BiS.

T9 is drastically harder than T6-T8 and past that, you're only getting one weapon a week, probably with duplicates. The high allagan might as well not exist when compared with other high allagan gear. I now BiS is BiS but sometimes, it's not worth caring about.

Edit: Read as: no one should be planning out their BiS with that weapon in mind for right now even if their group is killing T9. RNG will see to it that you probably don't get it for awhile yet.

Taruranto

Through the eyes of this FFXI Veteran...I don't even blink at the Atma/Animus/Novus grinds. lol =x

To be fair, in FFXI you could ignore mystic weapons for all your life and be fine, if you are not doing Coil and not doing this... what are you doing lol?

WolvenOne

Okay so I'm reading that screenshot right, you need one of each grade of materia, and the need to be affixed in order from least to highest?

That's not so bad, it means you'll only need two pieces of the most expensive materia's, and you might get lucky spirit bonding.

Yea, not bad at all really. Just a matter of farming up Alexandrites, and, that's really not a big deal at a glance.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Well reading BG thread about Animus, holy fuck is this Novus a grind or what....

One poster estimated if you do the daily free map quest it will take you 75 days to completion and if you go the Myth route it's roughly 60,000 Myth...

What in the Blue Fuck?

BadRNG

T9 is drastically harder than T6-T8 and past that, you're only getting one weapon a week, probably with duplicates. The high allagan might as well not exist when compared with other high allagan gear. I now BiS is BiS but sometimes, it's not worth caring about.
You can only get one a week for other high allagan gear as well(and believe me there are plenty of duplicates to be had), and T9 may be the hardest but that has little to do with my point. An overwhelming majority of players can't even enter second coil. I don't even care about BiS (especially in this game since secondary stats give such awful returns), but your original post implies obtainability has any bearing at all on a BiS list. It doesn't.

edit at your edit cause I like editting while i edit - If RNG is your argument then all Coil/lockout gear may as well be removed from BiS list since it's just as possible to never see it as it is to never see your weapon with T9 on farm. I mean we haven't seen a single left side caster piece and we've been clearing at least one turn of coil since the second lockout week of patch.

Sorian

Banned
Well reading BG thread about Animus, holy fuck is this Novus a grind or what....

One poster estimated if you do the daily free map quest it will take you 75 days to completion and if you go the Myth route it's roughly 60,000 Myth...

What in the Blue Fuck?

Where are those numbers coming from, why would you need 75 alexanderite (IE need to meld 75 pieces of materia to the scroll) or are they just trying to take into account failed melds. Sorry, I don't know where this thread is so my apologies for not going to the source myself.

Bookey,
we-have-to-go-back.gif

Alucrid

Banned

What in the Blue Fuck?
They're adding more ways in 2.3, still it makes sense to stretch this shit out. Still have 4 months until new coil

Sorian

Banned
You can only get one a week for other high allagan gear as well(and believe me there are plenty of duplicates to be had), and T9 may be the hardest but that has little to do with my point. An overwhelming majority of players can't even enter second coil. I don't even care about BiS (especially in this game since secondary stats give such awful returns), but your original post implies obtainability has any bearing at all on a BiS list. It doesn't.

edit at your edit cause I like editting while i edit - If RNG is your argument then all Coil/lockout gear may as well be removed from BiS list since it's just as possible to never see it as it is to never see your weapon with T9 on farm. I mean we haven't seen a single left side caster piece and we've been clearing at least one turn of coil since the second lockout week of patch.

You're killing me with following your posts with these edits :p

My point is the High Allagan weapon is easily the rarest piece that one could come across and the hardest to obtain and IMO it's by a huge margin too. It's my opinion and I'll stick to it, it's only for the purpose of discussion but it makes sense. Yes, novus isn't BiS but it is certainly one of the stronger pieces now for building a really high level set of gear and its a piece that can be gotten with a lot of time but little to no luck.

GraveRobberX

Where are those numbers coming from, why would you need 75 alexanderite (IE need to meld 75 pieces of materia to the scroll) or are they just trying to take into account failed melds. Sorry, I don't know where this thread is so my apologies for not going to the source myself.

Well I'm reading Bule Gartr threads over there and the info some of the players who already started the process and their estimates on how long it will take them

Right now someone did the free map quest, looks like it's on the daily reset timer just like beastmen dailies
They did it and got 1692 gil and 1 alex

So they guesstimated that if 1 alex for 1 Tier I materia than it will be 2 alex for Tier II, etc.
Then you have the myth map version which has some weird objective to it also, no clue how much alex you get out o fthat due to servers crapping out

So the real grind is first to earn Myth to get maps, hope you get decent amount of alex, if not repeat myth grind and repeat with the occasional bonus given by the way of the daily quest map to help you along

Sorian

Banned
Well I'm reading Bule Gartr threads over there and the info some of the players who already started the process and their estimates on how long it will take them

Right now someone did the free map quest, looks like it's on the daily reset timer just like beastmen dailies
They did it and got 1692 gil and 1 alex

So they guesstimated that if 1 alex for 1 Tier I materia than it will be 2 alex for Tier II, etc.
Then you have the myth map version which has some weird objective to it also, no clue how much alex you get out o fthat due to servers crapping out

So the real grind is first to earn Myth to get maps, hope you get decent amount of alex, if not repeat myth grind and repeat with the occasional bonus given by the way of the daily quest map to help you along

I think this is a wrong guess but we will have to see. Unless someone datamined that info already.

Sorian

Banned
1:30 for 150, hmm might find better/faster way @@
The drop rate depends on luck and the other tank. :[

CT shouldn't be taking 1:30. An hour at most and there are better ways. Bray gives 50 myth in 6-10 minutes with a geared group but your ilvl isn't quite there yet especially for tank.

What in the Blue Fuck?

Higher level materia (hopefully) isn't going to give you +1 to your total so it'll probably be less then 75 days. Unless meld chances are absolutely dreadful the farther you get.

Also keep in mind you can fate farm (lol) for alex too. Maybe the combination of doing fates, getting a few myth a day, and getting 1 daily alex won't feel so bad in the long run.

Sorian

Banned
Higher level materia (hopefully) isn't going to give you +1 to your total so it'll probably be less then 75 days. Unless meld chances are absolutely dreadful the farther you get.

Also keep in mind you can fate farm (lol) for alex too. Maybe the combination of doing fates, getting a few myth a day, and getting 1 daily alex won't feel so bad in the long run.

I'm already fearing for my life that the meld % chance for IVs is going to be something ridiculous like 10%.

GraveRobberX

They're adding more ways in 2.3, still it makes sense to stretch this shit out. Still have 4 months until new coil

Yeah but it just sounds so insane on how quick they were to give us Relic and Zenith and now with Atma/Animus/Novus it's gone the opposite route

Shit if you are a new player joining in, your almost at a huge disadvantage to even catch up to the weapons

I mean people who started maybe a month ago with PS4 release have at least caught up Gear-wise and some have reached equal to others with Soldiery Gear

This just looks like it wants to roadblock all players from reaching it in a timely manner

Most of the myth increase has come the way of Bonus from the DR, no dungeons got increased (most likely saved for 2.3)

Seriously the had a nice way quest chain to you relic and quick upgrade to zenith, hell new players got benefit of not being burdened with weekly cap and reached it way quickly

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
To be fair, in FFXI you could ignore mystic weapons for all your life and be fine, if you are not doing Coil and not doing this... what are you doing lol?

I understand that. I simply meant the grind itself in a vacuum. I never touched Mythic. I was actually referring to the first Relic madness. lol

Sorian

Banned
Yeah but it just sounds so insane on how quick they were to give us Relic and Zenith and now with Atma/Animus/Novus it's gone the opposite route

Shit if you are a new player joining in, your almost at a huge disadvantage to even catch up to the weapons

I mean people who started maybe a month ago with PS4 release have at least caught up Gear-wise and some have reached equal to others with Soldiery Gear

This just looks like it wants to roadblock all players from reaching it in a timely manner

Most of the myth increase has come the way of Bonus from the DR, no dungeons got increased (most likely saved for 2.3)

Seriously the had a nice way quest chain to you relic and quick upgrade to zenith, hell new players got benefit of not being burdened with weekly cap and reached it way quickly

You're actually fucked getting your base relic as a new player for now because of the new materia prices.

Sorian

Banned
Damn!, I didn't even take that into consideration

Wow!

I always thought that adding this materia to random weapon X was always an unneeded step in the relic quest, it seems that may come back to bite them if the materia market decides to stay crazy after this patch.

GraveRobberX

Damn some servers switch their Materia markets with the quickness

Shit was hovering 100k-200k now are at 1mil+...

DAMN!

I have no doubt our server will still be 25% of other servers, we have the worst undercutters on here

GraveRobberX

Wouldn't have expected anything else.

In other news, when Coil 3 comes out you'll have to have beaten Coil 2 but Coil 2 will be available without having beaten Coil 1.

Coil 2 Turn 2 PUG PF will be the most amazing experience in this game I guarantee you that

Sorian

Banned
Coil 2 Turn 2 PUG PF will be the most amazing experience in this game I guarantee you that

People said the same about Twin and plenty of DF and PF groups get through that fine. There will be shitty groups as there always are but communities learn and adapt and having an echo and easily accessible better gear will make things easier even with the insta-kill mechanics.

Oh god... I can see it now: T6 LOS method only, T7 renaud castle only!

The only 2 ways to go IMO. Unless you like making more work for yourself.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I wonder what we did to piss off Ramuh...besides run around, killing his vegetables, getting involved in their affairs on a daily basis and fighting with the Empire up and down their lands. But surely that's not the reason right?! =)

Sorian

Banned
I wonder what we did to piss off Ramuh...besides run around, killing his vegetables, getting involved in their affairs on a daily basis and fighting with the Empire up and down their lands. But surely that's not the reason right?! =)

The sylph that Ramuh has touched have always hated us. He doesn't really need much story motivation.

GraveRobberX

Oh god... I can see it now: T6 LOS method only, T7 renaud castle only!

Don't forget the bread and butter of PF Kaga-san, "Oil and UAT are spoken for!"

Oh the Trolling that will be had

Even with Nerf and Echo buff T6/T7 will be amazing, T8 will come with it's own trollfest
"Skip Tower Phases 3, 5, 7, if you can't, you will be kicked!"

I consider myself the best undercutter

Come near my HEIV's, I'll cut you, I swear on me mums!

Caelestis

People used to freak out over t5 with pugs... And it turned out to be not so bad. o.o

I guess I am not getting Novus anytime soon. Spirit bonding is the worth nightmare for me.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
People said the same about Twin and plenty of DF and PF groups get through that fine. There will be shitty groups as there always are but communities learn and adapt and having an echo and easily accessible better gear will make things easier even with the insta-kill mechanics.

The only 2 ways to go IMO. Unless you like making more work for yourself.

We learned T6 before LOS was even known... no point changing that now when we can beat it in 5 minutes or so. Our T7 strategy is actually based on the Japanese strategy of leaving one renaud up at the beginning and killing the old ones as they come. Everyone does things differently - my group just learned to be efficient with those.

Sorian

Banned
We learned T6 before LOS was even known... no point changing that now when we can beat it in 5 minutes or so. Our T7 strategy is actually based on the Japanese strategy of leaving one renaud up at the beginning and killing the old ones as they come. Everyone does things differently - my group just learned to be efficient with those.

And that's fine, just don't knock those that would want to do it the more efficient way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom