• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
And that's fine, just don't knock those that would want to do it the more efficient way.

Not knocking but the idea of efficiency depends on the group doing it. Some people think the enrage method on T2 is more efficient, for example...

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I wonder what we did to piss off Ramuh...besides run around, killing his vegetables, getting involved in their affairs on a daily basis and fighting with the Empire up and down their lands. But surely that's not the reason right?! =)

He's pissed we stole so many of his pods
I mean it one thing to steal one, but on a daily basis adventurers come and go stealing and running through the area showing off to the whole sylphlands of their thievery, how do the fuckers get so much cool crisp air in their lungs wonders Ramuh

Alucrid

Banned
We learned T6 before LOS was even known... no point changing that now when we can beat it in 5 minutes or so. Our T7 strategy is actually based on the Japanese strategy of leaving one renaud up at the beginning and killing the old ones as they come. Everyone does things differently - my group just learned to be efficient with those.
It was known before you cleared t6

Frumix

Suffering From Success
He's pissed we stole so many of his pods
I mean it one thing to steal one, but on a daily basis adventurers come and go stealing and running through the area showing off to the whole sylphlands of their thievery, how do the fuckers get so much cool crisp air in their lungs wonders Ramuh

mentos.jpg

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
The sylph that Ramuh has touched have always hated us. He doesn't really need much story motivation.

Well, remember now, it was said as long as you don't mess in his lands, he won't bother with you. That was until the dailies of course. =P

I'm actually betting some other random thing sets him off.

Sorian

Banned
Not knocking but the idea of efficiency depends on the group doing it. Some people think the enrage method on T2 is more efficient, for example...

Depends, T6 for example is more cut and dry because LOS method involves less healing than other methods and thats the only real difference which means it wins in efficiency regardless of the group doing it. T2 is harder to gauge, doing it the regular way is more time efficient while enrage method is more difficulty efficient. Your group can be good at one way but overall efficiency is going to be the same across the board.

Well, remember now, it was said as long as you don't mess in his lands, he won't bother with you. That was until the dailies of course. =P

He's the same as any other primal. When he is summoned, he wants to take more under his control, we don't want that, fight.

Isaccard

To get to Ramuh EX, you must clear Ramuh normal, Levi EX and Moogle EX.
In Patch 2.3, players do not need to complete Garuda EX, Titan EX and Ifrit EX to have access to Mog EX and Levi EX.
EDIT: Also, not mentioned here but in the live letter Q/A, Ramuh EX will have a mount. Main drops will be accessories, weapons will also drop at a low/moderate rate.

Wee

GraveRobberX

You forgot the extra ingredient that makes us accelerate faster

9N6xM4Vl.jpg

He saw my Beard, "Challenge Accepted!"... *Beard Wars Commenced*

Yes this is FFXIV canon and lore

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So overall was this update good or bad? Being new to this MMO (and MMO's in general) I have no idea...

Mostly QoL and preparations for 2.3
Sightseeing is for people who are really bored or love Apkallus.
Novus is for people who don't need their soul anymore.

Number45

One things for sure, my Chocobo should hit Rank 10 in the time it'll take me to spiritbind out enough materia for Novus.
Mine's barely up to rank 6. Takes AGES! D:

So overall was this update good or bad? Being new to this MMO (and MMO's in general) I have no idea...
I'm liking a lot of the quality of life improvements, and the sightseeing sounds interesting. Not going to comment on the grind for novus, I'm still working on my animus.

What? Can no longer escape battle by Teleport? Why you hate us Yoshida.

Sightseeing sounds fun but is just one~time attraction so ehhhhh

Choosing folder for screenshots is #gamechanger.

Myth drop increases are laughable all around.

Nice that they fiixed no penalty for leaving an instance before the timer. No more premature leaver assholes I hope!

Somewhat unnerving that Novus uses materia... again. It‘s like they want that market to be prohibitive.

What else are you spending your gil on? Materia has been pretty useless so far, so I like the sound of this.

In other news, last night was a good night. I got my soldiery chest piece and the kobold mount. It has to be the coolest mount in the game, so cool. Plus the last kobold quest was pretty nice.

creid

You're actually fucked getting your base relic as a new player for now because of the new materia prices.
Ugh, a buddy of mine just finished the main story the other day and was lamenting that materia for his relic cost 20k each. Can't even imagine what it's at now. Now I don't know when he'll be able to start it :(

I guess I now have a real use for my cracked materia that I have left over.
Damn, I hope I have some left over but I'm pretty sure I converted mine to sell months ago.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
What else are you spending your gil on? Materia has been pretty useless so far, so I like the sound of this.

In other news, last night was a good night. I got my soldiery chest piece and the kobold mount. It has to be the coolest mount in the game, so cool. Plus the last kobold quest was pretty nice.

I'm still levelling up my crafting, man

Well reading BG thread about Animus, holy fuck is this Novus a grind or what....

One poster estimated if you do the daily free map quest it will take you 75 days to completion and if you go the Myth route it's roughly 60,000 Myth...

What in the Blue Fuck?
Holy fucking shit

Yeah, the grind is getting ridiculous

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
He's the same as any other primal. When he is summoned, he wants to take more under his control, we don't want that, fight.

Ah but the game went out of its way to tell you that this was not the case with Ramuh. Unless, of course, the Sylphs were wrong. Speaking of that, that part of the story was always a bit confusing. They stated that they summoned Ramuh once before, but never mentioned how he was beaten back or even if he was beaten back. The Sylph Elder actually spoke positive about him in way. She didn't want him to be summoned to begin with, but... still. He was always said to be far less aggressive than the others.

So, he was around or not this entire time? Primal storylines are full of weird stuff.

On that note, I wonder if we end up fighting the Twelve at some point when they run out of "Primals." They always seemed like our version of primals.

Claymore

FML! Just wanted to buy materia for my second relic weapon the other day. Decided to wait a bit. BAM prices have been doubled or more today :-(

iammeiam

In order to unlock Ramuh EX, Levi EX and Mog EX will have to be completed; however in 2.3 those two will be available even without clears on three other EXes.

So-su: http://jp.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodes...00e983b8#_ga=1.80799767.1269925829.1399806048

On he one hand, this is nice to hear from a non-progression-player perspective. On the other, the idea of still being brick-walled at Titan EX until 2.3 hits is depressing. Maybe this weekend I'll move my PS4 to a room where I can wire it into the modem, see if that helps.

I wonder if any of the crap materia my retainer keeps bringing back is worth anything now. Probably not; it's usually resistances or low-level VIT.

Tabris

You currently have 3 options to get alexandrite - 1 per Daily Roulette, 1 per 800 myth, and chance of getting alexandrite from FATE with the same odds as Atma.

Majority of hardcore players will probably get their spirit bond gear, and go do FATE's for hours to get their alexandrite.

Also Materia prices will normalize a bit, especially when more people realize you can't imbue Materia 4 until much later in the process.

IvorB

You currently have 3 options to get alexandrite - 1 per Daily Roulette, 1 per 800 myth, and chance of getting alexandrite from FATE with the same odds as Atma.

Majority of hardcore players will probably get their spirit bond gear, and go do FATE's for hours to get their alexandrite.

Also Materia prices will normalize a bit, especially when more people realize you can't imbue Materia 4 until much later in the process.

More people doing FATEs. That's cool!

draw4wild

I can't imagine materia prices being too crazy. I'm sure at first while the people that actually have animus' work on theirs(which is already a small number) it will stay high but one they finish/give up the initial rush will be gone and the animus' will slowly trickle in

No one thinks enrage is more efficient, just easier. It takes more time to wait then doing it the normal way.

Not sure why I'm nitpicking, but here we are.

GraveRobberX

OK 199% Condition looks awesome

All my gear was @100%, went and killed 1 mob, dropped everything to 99%
Bought 12 pieces of Grade 5 Dark Matter from vendor at 80 gil a pop, so 960gil made me jump up to the glorious 199%

Time to do it for all classes and forget about needing to fix gear for a long ass time

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Lots of great additions in this patch. I don't know why people would say it's a bad patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom