• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireVoa

So what is the process of the Novus weapon since I don't have a clear understanding. You spend 800 Myth to get an Alexandrite which lets you work on one of your stats and then you adds a whole bunch of materia to infuse the particular stat?

I'm lost.

draw4wild

Can I have my chocobo out while in duty finder with this patch, or is that 2.3? I never use poor Setzer since it's either him or df

Jayhawk

So what is the process of the Novus weapon since I don't have a clear understanding. You spend 800 Myth to get an Alexandrite which lets you work on one of your stats and then you adds a whole bunch of materia to infuse the particular stat?

I'm lost.

Read below:

Reddit said:
  • 1500 myth to start (500/ink, 3 ink)
  • need materia and alex to infuse a sphere scroll
  • 1 sphere scroll per weapon
  • 75 points per weapon
  • tiered system (certain amount of tier 1 materia needed to be able to use tier 2 materia, values unknown atm) <-- speculation until people start infusing more materia
  • infuse success rate eventually goes down
  • 1 alex guaranteed per day through daily repeatable duty roulette expert (gives mysterious map which is speculated to guarantee 1 alex)
  • can farm more alex through fates with animus equipped (tiny sample size, but drop rate seems lowish; potentially same as atma drop rate)
  • 1 tier 1 materia = 1 point / 100% infuse success rate
  • choose your stats to infuse, replaces secondary stats
  • must infuse to upgrade to 110 even if current secondary stats are fine
  • can replace secondary stats by reinfusing later
  • 800 myth for mysterious map (as speculated above, guaranteed 1 alex)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Fixed that for you.

Why would they need it lol?, they're clearing T9 (C2T4) regularly
There are hardcore players that will chase it from the NA/EU side, but JP players are a whole different breed when it comes to MMO's

Read below:

Don't forget after going through that whole process, your stats will not change at all until you complete Novus, no small upgrades like Animus was with it's books

I guess it's a good thing I won't be experiencing any of this scroll business for a potentially long time. I haven't even gotten my first book yet (should have it later tonight possibly) and I'll start focusing on crafting a little over one month from now

Game changer QoL improvements everywhere in this patch.

Automatically remove RMT spammers from Tell history on Blacklist, thank you based Yoshi!

Can now save teleports from party members, yes!

Auto-Away status on idle, I would say it's about time!

I could go on but those 3 already make me so happy.

zewone

Now I feel stupid wasting my time getting Atma, because no way in hell am I'm going to grind out Animus just to grind out this expensive crap.

Now I feel stupid wasting my time getting Atma, because no way in hell am I'm going to grind out Animus just to grind out this expensive crap.

did no one tell you Animus is just as bad?, i refused to listen and then sighed when i got to the HEY YOU NEEDA BUY 9 BOOKS OH AND THEY ARE 1500 MYTH each part

Frazley

The sightseeing log, hunting log, new challenge objectives all make me appreciate this game more!

I probably won't get to the endgame hardcore stuff for a while, but I don't feel rushed to get there. I'm enjoying the game.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
This was a pretty big patch. It makes you wonder if they moved a lot over to 2.28, and that 2.3 is going to be kinda puny.

My guess is they are putting some stuff in here for frontlines/other 2.3 stuff to reduce the patch size when 2.3 hits.

Number45

Does anyone have recommendations on what to spend my seals on? Just realised I'm closing in on the cap (thanks ATMA grind), but I don't need any equipment.

I guess check which of the crafting materials sell?

Something tells me this patch is more than just 2.28 data since it has even less actually there than 2.25 but it's double the size. Thinking they decided it would be a good idea to go ahead and pre patch some 2.3 in with this, showing off Ramuh today is pretty much confirmation that 2.3 is this month(and probably sooner rather than later).

If 2.3 is the "real" Novus patch then I can't fathom why anyone would subject themselves to the Relic grind now.

I'm hoping for a better Myth buff in 2.3, what we got in 2.28 is still pretty bad.

I always thought that adding this materia to random weapon X was always an unneeded step in the relic quest, it seems that may come back to bite them if the materia market decides to stay crazy after this patch.

It shouldn't really matter that much how crazy the prices of materia get. You still need 2 lvl 3 pieces. If you spiritbond them, even if you get the wrong ones you should be able to sell them on the market for similarly crazy prices.

What happened on this patch is that people stockpilling gil instead of materia just got poorer. Inflation, how does it work?

Taruranto

Weather/Time combination is killing sightseeing for me. Found a bunch of them but I'm not able to complete it because it's not the right time or weather, come on...

Kenai

I'm already fearing for my life that the meld % chance for IVs is going to be something ridiculous like 10%.

This is probably the only thing from the Novus stuff that I really dislike. As someone who broke quite a few materia setting up some of my crafting/gathering classes, the idea of chain-breaking Tier 4 materia is absolutely awful.

Wilsongt

I do tend to use them for ventures when I get low. Thanks for the tip on the peacock ore. :)

You can never have too much cock ore.

If 2.3 is the "real" Novus patch then I can't fathom why anyone would subject themselves to the Relic grind now.

I'm hoping for a better Myth buff in 2.3, what we got in 2.28 is still pretty bad.

If there is a grind, people will do it. There's already a person in my FC that has two relic animus and I think is working on a third.

CLBridges

Downloading patch 2.28 on PS4 while typing this (1792.01MB). Man, reading some of this stuff about NOVUS/Materia is disheartening. Glad I went ahead and got my Relic for PLD a couple of days ago. New players are really gonna be in for a grind if Materia prices have increased like some are saying on their server. Guess I need to get busy on finishing Animus this week hopefully.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
SE most likely will address the new player Materia III issue for by nerfing it so you need II's or I's slotted in for the turn-in, so Relic will be more attainable

WolvenOne

Honestly, aside from the Gil/Sprit Binding grind for Materia, the Novus portion of the Relic train doesn't seem that bad.

Granted, I don't yet know how much Alexandrite is needed to complete the Novus, and that could easily change how quickly or enjoyable the grind is. Also, yes, Materia affixing can theoretically fail here, but we don't know what the chances of that will be, so. *shrug*

All that aside though, you'll get one Alexandrite a day for doing an Expert Roulette, and you can do those in full parties of four now. You can get another one whenever you gather 800 Myth, and just gathering casually I can probably get one of those every few days, or I can Fate Grind Alexandrites, though of course I don't yet know the drop-rate.

Still, all in all this really doesn't look bad.

Anyhow, I have a question, as I really need to make a decision here. Basically, I'm torn whether I should spec out determination, accuracy, parry, or crit, for my Novus.

The standard Tank configuration of course, all but demands parry and accuracy. However there are some knowledgeable folks around that insist that DPS is king in this game. In the meantime, I'm pretty much constantly struggling with accuracy, but, if I luck out with drops and get the High Allagan Fending pants, it shouldn't really be an issue anymore. (Plus, ACC Materia is some of the most expensive crap out there.)

Basically, I think I'm hearing too many conflicting opinions on this, and I have no idea whose advice to take. o_O

Wilsongt

So a bunch of people who couldn't dodge WotLs are gonna hit Levi now and not dodge dives, great

There's a lot more people in my FC who are still doing leviathan compared to people who are still doing Titan EX. So, yeah. It would be a bit simpler than pug Titans, honestly.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
There's a lot more people in my FC who are still doing leviathan compared to people who are still doing Titan EX. So, yeah. It would be a bit simpler than pug Titans, honestly.

That's because Levi is less stressful and drops better rewards though?

Tiops

The worst thing that can happen is that you place some points in a wrong stat, but it can be fixed with 10k seals and it barely matters until 50, so don't worry.

You'll have to level at least Arcanist to 15 to unlock White Mage. You'll also need to level Thaumaturge to 24 for Swiftcast when you reach 50, but until then don't bother (unless you want to try the class, in that case go for it, it's pretty good skill to have while levelling) If you are worried WHM/Conjurer won't be able to do some things in the game because it's a "support" class fear not, all classes pretty much play the same when it comes to open-world content. A WHM can solo the same mobs a DRG or a WAR can.

Don't bother buying stuff while levelling, dungeons and quest equipment is perfectly fine. Just be sure to have your weapon always upgraded, magic damage is VERY important when it comes to healing, and you don't want to be one of those WHM who heal Cutter's Cry in a level 15 weapon.

According to http://xivsoul.com/world/Ultros You don't need to level up another class yet, but if you want to progress from Conjurer to White Mage, you will need to level Arcanist to 15 (later on).

Special equipment doesn't exactly show up until you're partying in dungeons, and even then equipment for your role will most likely go to you. It does not hurt to grab them. Mostly you don't need to buy shop equipment because the quests and dungeons are generous.

For conjurer, your attribute points should all go into Mind. However, even if you mess that up, there is an item you can obtain later on to reset your attribute points, so you can reallocate them.

Thanks for the help! I'll start leveling my Arcanist later for White Mage then. Is there any skill from other classes that are good for a Conjurer in the beginning?

And I read this thread to try to learn something and understand about 0.1% of everything you guys say, sounds really complicated (and time consuming).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom