• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinko

Could have sworn Yoshi-P said something about gimmicks on the new Allagan gear, was hoping he meant set bonuses or something. But I guess not. A little disappointing but its still cool!

I don't think those stats are accurate (yet), the Daystar and High Allagan of healing gear are the same ilvl and have exactly the same stats, which shouldn't be the case.

WolvenOne

Oh sweet, XIVdb is starting to add stats for the new weapons.

Lets see.

Wave Axe, ilvl 95.

Strength 34
Vitality 39
Water Resistance 19
Critical Hit Rate 27
Determination 28

Stats are about the same as the Allagan Axe. No parry, high determination, and added Water Resistence. So probably a good weapon for Leviathan EX, but otherwise I'll stick with the Dual Haken.

Bravura Animus, ilvl 100.

Strength 37
Vitality 42
Parry 40
Skill Speed 28

Holy crap that's a lot of Parry! Granted I'd prefer Determination or Accuracy over Skill Speed, but it'd be worth it to have such a huge boost in defense.

Tidal Wave Axe

iLvl100.

Strength 37
Vitality 42
Determination 29
Critical Hit Rate 28
Water Resistance 19

Dang, between the Crit Rate and determination you'd hit like a truck with this thing, as far as Tanks went anyway. Poor defense stats though, just like the base Wave Axe.

Conquerer (GF Axe)

Strength 42
Vitality 49
Accuracy 44
Critical Hit Rate 31

Even better then the Tidal Wave Axe, but defense stats are still pretty poor.

High Allagan Battleaxe

Strength 45
Vitality 53
Parry 46
Accuracy 32

WAAAAAANT!!! Best of the weapons I've seen so far, for WAR.

Of all of these, the High Allagan Axe and the Bravura Animus look by far to be the most desirable, with the GF axe in third place.

desu

So pre-zodiac weapons (at least in 2.2) are totally useless as their item level is just i100 and we have to wait for 2.25 for their next upgrade? But by then people might have High Allagan already xD.

BLCKATK

Oh sweet, XIVdb is starting to add stats for the new weapons.

Lets see.

Wave Axe, ilvl 95.

Holy crap that's a lot of Parry! Granted I'd prefer Determination or Accuracy over Skill Speed, but it'd be worth it to have such a huge boost in defense.

Tidal Wave Axe

Dang, between the Crit Rate and determination you'd hit like a truck with this thing, as far as Tanks went anyway. Poor defense stats though, just like the base Wave Axe.

I see that as Main Tank Axe and Off Tank Axe, bring on the damage!

WolvenOne

I see that as Main Tank Axe and Off Tank Axe, bring on the damage!

True, but there's a lot of fights in this game where there's little difference between OT and MT, when it comes to how much damage you're going to take. Typically you're better off with higher defense stats in most fights.

You're right though, a couple of these axes are going to be perfect for picking up and quickly killing off adds.

Guys, please help! I'm worried something is wrong here - so I click my FFXIV icon as usual to start it up and it keeps giving me a message like: Unable to update patch files. [11005][32]

I have never seen this before, what is going on?

Jinko

Guys, please help! I'm worried something is wrong here - so I click my FFXIV icon as usual to start it up and it keeps giving me a message like: Unable to update patch files. [11005][32]

Try going to Documents/My Games/FFXIV/Downloads/patch folder and delete the patch files and try again.

Unless you are on PS3, then no idea.

BLCKATK

Ok, I tried this and it didn't work - still got the same message :/

From reddit.. dunno if it works

If you are still having issues with updating the launcher go to your documents/My games/FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn and open FFXIV Boot

Make sure 'BootVersionCheckMode' is set to 1, save and restart the Launcher.

Hopefully that works for others, worked for me.

WolvenOne

Also, I just noticed something.

The armor you purchase using Soldiery Tomes is indeed ilvl100, but you can use Sands of Time to upgrade it ilvl110 armor, just like the Allagan armor.

So effectively the system isn't any different then in 2.0, except, assuming Sands of Time cost tomes, the price to get Allagan Equivalent armor is even higher. That's a big assumption though.

BLCKATK

Also, I just noticed something.

The armor you purchase using Soldiery Tomes is indeed ilvl100, but you can use Sands of Time to upgrade it ilvl110 armor, just like the Allagan armor.

So effectively the system isn't any different then in 2.0, except, assuming Sands of Time cost tomes, the price to get Allagan Equivalent armor is even higher. That's a big assumption though.

Sands/Oil of time seem like they are going to be some kind of token. We don't know where they come from yet.

We don't know where the Unidentified Allagan Tomestone comes from either.

It took me about 30 tries of closing and relaunching the launcher before I got it to work.

BLCKATK

So the allagan fists I got 2 weeks ago are going to be basic tier gear almost instantly? I'm sad now :(

They look boss though, take solace in that.

I got my Bow this monday and I ain't mad. My composite bow will see me to new upgrades and beyond through glamours. Onto the next goal!

Taruranto

As usual, SCH gets fuqed when it comes to stats. Basically the only "good" update is the last Allagan Weapon, Levi and the relic may have no stats at all. Fucking SS.

Tabris

So there seems to be 4 set of i100+ weapons

1) Leviathan
2) Soldiery Tome/Token Weapons
3) Relic +2/+3
4) Allagan 2 Weapons

WolvenOne

The Allagan weapons are still going to be trophies for awhile, symbols of hard work, skill, and perseverance. That won't change until Twintania is nerfed to the point where nearly everyone has them.

So you have a month or two at least to find a new trophy weapon, should be plenty of time. :)

aceface

Man...this is info overload at this point.

All I'm worried about right now is who from the FC is going to carry me through Coil turns 1-5. Let's get those coil carry trains going.

WolvenOne

All I'm worried about right now is who from the FC is going to carry me through Coil turns 1-5.

XD

I'll probably end up helping quite a number of people through these turns. I don't like the term carry though, first, because I'm not good enough to carry people, and second because I prefer to think of it as helping people to learn the fights.

Aeana

All I'm worried about right now is who from the FC is going to carry me through Coil turns 1-5. Let's get those coil carry trains going.

I've already apparently got myself set up to help at least four different groups at this point. I expect it'll end up being more.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
You'll be able to get it. I think once echo and nerfs come into play, people will be willing to help others clear Coil Turn 5. Maybe?

Also use it for vanity for the ugly Leviathan weapons.

Yeah I like the look of it better than those for sure.

Number45

Kind of glad that the patch notes mean nothing to me, so I can't be spoiled. Patch downloaded to PC and PS3, came down nice and quick.

BadRNG

I'm not just talking about the weapon stuff. There were also people complaining about the requirement for the tank mounts, among other things. It's like people want to log in and finish everything in one day.
One day is a bit hyperbolic, don't you think? I think it's simply deceptive to tout something as extra content to do when it's in reality a small handful of things done repetitively as part of a several month grind. Yeah, it's "longevity", but don't tell me it's months of content when it's more like hours of content you are forced to do for months. (As for the mounts, I thought I was pretty clear that I thought the requirements were counter productive with what I believed to be the point of the tank mounts. It's not a case of "I want it all now!" it's a "this will take forever and won't solve tank shortages since most won't bother".)

That said, I don't really care how long the relic grind will be since there are other avenues. More choice is always good. But based on what we know it doesn't seem the time/resource investment will be worth the pay off for awhile(which I think is what those people were actually complaining about). I'm not sure why anyone would use up their soldiery tomes on this when they could be using it on the Gerolt stuff at least.

Anyway, looking at the datamined stuff, all I can think is how much I want reforging. Why do they keep giving tank gear dps stats. :(

Shield stuff is interesting, even if once again they show no real logic in how block is attributed to high tier gear. The Noct "Hoplon" goes against all other Hoplons in the game by having stats like Scutums. Too bad there is no actual Hoplon style shield past i100, I will miss the block rate from Onion.

WolvenOne

So pre-zodiac weapons (at least in 2.2) are totally useless as their item level is just i100 and we have to wait for 2.25 for their next upgrade? But by then people might have High Allagan already xD.

Not exactly.

Even at ilvl100, the Bravura at least is the second more desirable weapon available, the ilvl110 Bravura is going to be veeeeeery hard to distinguish from the High Allagan axe, and may even be slightly more desirable, depending on what stats you're trying to max out.

Also, they seem to be quite insistent that Relic weapons will eventually be the best weapons in the game. So I'm inclined to believe that they'll indeed eventually be hecka hard to beat.

Teknoman

Makes sense,
didn't he give his life force to Bahamut or whatever

I thought I read somewhere there was 2 paths when upgrading your relic.

Well yeah but shouldnt
he have a different body or at least something with dalamud shards or allagan junk sticking out of it
? Unless the second form or actual combat form is going to be different. Going to be odd just seeing him walk out and go "sup, lets have a rematch" lol.

EDIT: Well at least I feel like we've got Caduecus down...just need everyone to be equipped a little better and we'll take it down! Then again, we went straight via shortcut last time right?

Stuart444

Well Tomo, if you're on when I'm on, I'd love to help you through T1 - 4. Still not completed T4 but I have enough experience that I am confident we could do it if we can get a good PUG :p (or FC group now with the lock out gone).

Once I take care of T4, I'll be practicing T5 as well. Been watching quite a few vids of it today :).

Number45

As a Paladin is it worth working Shield Swipe into my rotation when it pops? Cheap TP cost so I guess it makes sense. Worth it to value block chance above block rating*?

* - not sure these are the right terminologies for FF14

Teknoman

As a Paladin is it worth working Shield Swipe into my rotation when it pops? Cheap TP cost so I guess it makes sense. Worth it to value block chance above block rating*?

Shield swipe is best to only stun damaging attacks. If you see an enemy charging up a strong attack or something that takes a longer amount of time than normal, you want to be ready with a shield swipe.

Or wasnt it called shield bash? I havent paid attention in awhile lol.

BadRNG

If you have a good aggro lead, and RoH debuff is up, there's no reason not to. Damage is decent enough, and it's low TP means you actually gain net TP due to passive regen. For longer fights it's really good to prevent you from every getting TP starved.

ilevel is generally most important. From there different tanks have different preferences. Based on i90 shields I prefer Onion(a high chance/low rating shield), since I value increased chance at mitigation over slightly less long term mitgation. With 2.2 though depending on where you are the choice may be made for you as there aren't a lot of options for the new tiers.

Shield swipe is best to only stun damaging attacks. If you see an enemy charging up a strong attack or something that takes a longer amount of time than normal, you want to be ready with a shield swipe.
Yeah, what you are talking about is Shield Bash. Shield Swipe is the skill that you can use for a few seconds following a block, it doesn't stun, but gives a pacify debuff (most bosses ignore this though). It's main use is it's low TP cost combined with the fact it doesn't break combos so you can always use it without worry (assuming you have aggro)

Ixian

Or wasnt it called shield bash? I havent paid attention in awhile lol.
Shield Swipe is the 210 potency attack that you can only use after blocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom