• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI EVERYBODY PLEASE SIGN UP AT THE BOTTOM LINK IF YOU ARE COMING SATURDAY THANK YOU

why_would_you_do_pvp.jpg

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CURRENT FORMAT OF 4v4 PREMADES WILL BE USED THIS WEEK BUT DEPENDING ON HOW WELL IT WORKS THAT MAY CHANGE IN THE FUTURE THANKS A BUNDLE ALSO DEATH TO ALL NEWTYPES DROP A TITAN COLONY ON THEM

Saturday Night Fights: Second Evolution

Date: Saturday, June 7th
Time: 3 PM Pacific/6 PM Eastern
Who: You, baka
What: Your face, getting wrecked
Where: Ultros
Why: Patch 2.28 unlocks all PvP skills by default

General Information:

The goal of GAF PvP Nights is to get a bunch of Gaffers who would otherwise not PvP to be able to do so in a fun environment where everyone is rank nothing except our several PvP veterans and all gear is the same to remove the crazy effect of gear weighting in this game's PvP. We can form up into groups, wreck each others' faces, talk some trash, and generally have a good time. There's a side benefit of having instant queues and a steady stream of PVP XP and Wolf Marks for all participants, which will certainly help everyone get some kind of baseline gearing for the upcoming Frontlines.

How to Kill Your Friends in a Few Easy Steps:

Gear: In order to enforce some kind of gear normalization, everyone who participates must be wearing Full AF1, the set which you got for leveling your job to 50. Your weapon must be PvE i90 or i95, this means you will be allowed to have Primal EX (Primal Focus), Levi EX, Allagan, or Relic Zenith or non-upgraded Relic Atma. You can have whatever accessories you want on your right-hand slots as long as they are PvE accessories. No PvP-specific gear will be allowed, period.

Special Case: For Marauders, they cannot equip the AF1 gear because it's specific to Warrior. For this particular job, the crafted i55 Militia set will be allowed.

Skills: As of patch 2.28, all basic PvP skills are now unlocked by default. There is no restriction on usage of skills.

Teams: PvP is currently a 4v4 Arena affair in the Wolves' Den. We will divide the players who arrive into teams of 4, queue the 4v4 50 cap tier in Glorious Nippon, and proceed to beat the living hell out of each other. Depending on which teams are winning regularly, I hope to rebalance the teams periodically during the course of the event. Unfortunately if a number of players not equal to a multiple of 4 shows up, we will have to do rotation of players in and out so everyone gets a chance to play. I'll probably be bad at this, so please only show up in a multiple of 4 so as to make my life easier.

Organization: There will be a calendar entry on Guildwork and a signup sheet so you can sign up. I will ask that people please sign up and enter their PvP Ranking in the Comments field. The goal is to normalize rankings so that teams will have average Ranking within 3, this will ensure the fastest queues because of how the game's matchmaker works.

Signup Sheet:
http://neogaf.guildwork.com/schedule#!events/53917226002aa8445368cf9c

Trying to argue with someone who syas that the Novus grind isn't a gil sink...lol

I mean sure there is spiritbonding but good luck trying to always get a IV materia...

EDIT with the power of the Chubby Chocobo:

Illya stop sacrificing newbies to Mupod's bloodlust.

WolvenOne

Annoyed that any tier of Materia only counts towards 1/70. On one hand, strictly speaking that encourages staying on the lowest tier materia as long as possible, even if the success rate is low. On the other hand, even if it's the cheapest materia, you're still going to end up spamming a lot of it. The only saving grace is that spiritbinding Tier 1 and 2 materia is fairly easy, but it's going to get painful once they force you onto tiers 3 and 4.

Also means I'll have to farm up more Alexandrites than I expected, but that alone wouldn't be a big deal, especially with more methods to farm it coming in 2.3. Not that I'm going to wait that long.

Once again, strikes me that they took a decent concept, and made it a lot less enjoyable than it ought to be, by poorly thinking through certain aspects.

It's been mentioned on Mumble that the developers need a Test Server, to see how actual players react to these sorts of grinds. I'm going to agree with this whole heartedly. If this is supposed to be casual content, then it's not tuned properly, at least for the reward. (If we were talking about the best weapon available for 2.2/2.3, then it'd be more understandable.)

Still gonna do it though. I'm rather attached to my Bravura by now. Plus, as you all know, I'm kinda sorta, uh, hecka obstinate, at least in certain respects.

Wait for 45 minutes for FATE for Zodiac book to pop, go get food thinking I should be okay - it hasn't popped...FATE pops. I fight it and get a fucking silver.

:|

IvorB

You do realize there's a thing called google right?
It's a search engine that helps solve your query/queries

There's also the OF, Blue Gartr, Reddit, countless other places where there's info you seek for just those questions

Seriously, do you think people that are posters are living breathing FFXIV Wikis that at a whim will just answer all your questions and help address your personal dilemma

I can, but come the fuck on DO SOME GODDAMN FUCKING RESEARCH!

You're a bad Santa. Where better than the OT to ask these types of questions?

squadr0n

Just applied to the GAF FC, i already submitted one on the guild site. ill be in the mist area for a bit. Is there anyone on that can look at my app?

Mesharey

Is there any use for company seals after lvl 50?
My item lvl is 65 and I've been wondering should l choose a promotion or buy something for the chocobo..

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Latest vomit-inducing name: "Kenpachi Uchiha"

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Managed to find someone just by going through the search list, thanks anyway.

CLBridges

Trying to complete only my 2nd ATMA book and it's getting frustrating lol. Does this freaking Heroes of the 2nd FATE even exist. Stood in Southern Thanalan for two hours and no spawn. Some of my FC mates say some FATES take several hours to spawn. This what you wanted huh SE? My head hurts lol.

WolvenOne

Trying to argue with someone who syas that the Novus grind isn't a gil sink...lol

I mean sure there is spiritbonding but good luck trying to always get a IV materia...

EDIT with the power of the Chubby Chocobo:

Illya stop sacrificing newbies to Mupod's bloodlust.

Theoretically you could go through that entire quest without spending a single gil, by spirit binding each piece of Materia yourself. Obviously though, without buying Materia at all, it'd take far longer.

WolvenOne

Trying to complete only my 2nd ATMA book and it's getting frustrating lol. Does this freaking Heroes of the 2nd FATE even exist. Stood in Southern Thanalan for two hours and no spawn. Some of my FC mates say some FATES take several hours to spawn. This what you wanted huh SE? My head hurts lol.

That took me like six hours of waiting. It was by far the most stubborn Fate in the Zodiac books.

dcye

Yeah took me nearly 4 hours. I just watched some TV shows I was behind on.

edgefusion

Soooo, Novus will take a minimum of 75 meld attempts. That's 75 days of gathering Alexandrite, which is 2 and a half months if you only do the daily AND if you do it every. Single. Day. As someone only on book 6, this just looks less and less appealing. I'd estimate it would take me something like 4 or 5 months to get Novus. That does not even begin to approach 'worth it'.

Ken

Soooo, Novus will take a minimum of 75 meld attempts. That's 75 days of gathering Alexandrite, which is 2 and a half months if you only do the daily AND if you do it every. Single. Day. As someone only on book 6, this just looks less and less appealing. I'd estimate it would take me something like 4 or 5 months to get Novus. That does not even begin to approach 'worth it'.

i thought it'd take merely a week

Aeana

Once 2.3 is out, there will be more ways to get alexandrites, including another daily opportunity with the daily hunts.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Today I've finally decided to sit through the super long CT queue and do that dungeon.
I think it took about 40 minutes but I really had fun. Loved those encounters made for 3 parties.

Ken

Today I've finally decided to sit through the super long CT queue and do that dungeon.
I think it took about 40 minutes but I really had fun. Loved those encounters made for 3 parties.

speaking of CT, is queueing up as 3 premade alliances together still gonna happen?

danthefan

So, the PS3 version of this is on Amazon UK for 3.78 while the PS4 version is 37.10.

Buying the PS3 version will allow a free upgrade to the PS4 version, right?

Sophia

So, the PS3 version of this is on Amazon UK for 3.78 while the PS4 version is 37.10.

Buying the PS3 version will allow a free upgrade to the PS4 version, right?

Yes, until the end of the year. Remember that you need to actually install and play the PS3 version first before you can do the upgrade.

IvorB

So I finally decided on FFXIV ARR being my MMO to spend time on. I originally started playing mmos with FF11 on the PS2 of all places and quickly started spending all day in that wonderful world until WoW came out and ruined everything. I played Wow religously for about 4 years until college started to take up all my time lol, fucking school.

But I picked up vanilla FFXIV when it first came out and was totally disappointed like most people were at the time. I picked up SWTOR and played that for awhile but lost intrest at the end game. So that brings me to 2014. I tried TESO, Wildstar, and GW2 but none of them could even compare to what WoW brought to the table until FFXIV. Finally I can get back to the days of FF11 and still have the leasons learned from WoW all in the same game.

My chars name is Arthur Snowdragon, im an Arcanist on the Ultros server. I hope to see some of you around!

Are there any spots on the GAF guild by any chance?

Welcome.

MogCakes

okay this is getting frustrating. I'm trying to view all of the cutscenes from Manderville Men in the unending journey, but I can only view the first cutscene. How do I switch scenes? I'm trying every damn button combination I can to try and switch.

WolvenOne

The Grind isn't so bad if you're taking your time with it, it's if you want to Rush it, that things get a bit hairy. It's fairly clever design work in that respect, you don't have to put in much work to feel like you're making progress.

Just, wish those other options for gathering Alexandrite were available already. I'm not looking forward to spamming Brayflox again and again. XD

Winter John

What's the best rotation for a summoner? I'm new to the game and have somehow managed to get mine up to lvl 45 without too much trouble. I've been using bio2-miasma-bio- then i'll hit aetherflow and use bane, fester or energy drain. Anyway, last night I was doing Bray Flox and was told by a tank that this was totally wrong and I was ruining the game. No one has ever complained before, and I make sure to avoid spamming spells as I know that can cause problems, so I'm not sure if I'm a terrible player who is doing it all wrong or if the tank was just a tosser.

Ken

What's the best rotation for a summoner? I'm new to the game and have somehow managed to get mine up to lvl 45 without too much trouble. I've been using bio2-miasma-bio- then i'll hit aetherflow and use bane, fester or energy drain. Anyway, last night I was doing Bray Flox and was told by a tank that this was totally wrong and I was ruining the game. No one has ever complained before, and I make sure to avoid spamming spells as I know that can cause problems, so I'm not sure if I'm a terrible player who is doing it all wrong or if the tank was just a tosser.

aetherflow - keep this on cooldown aka be using this whenever it's up

summoners aren't as much about rotations as they are about keeping up their 3 main dots and shadowflare, while using festers and banes as appropriate. also be doing the contagion + raging strikes dot combo with garuda-egi. ruin1 spam when you don't need to use the global cooldown for anything else. ruin2 is for when you have to be moving but still want to throw out some dps.

That's the thing about playing with other people ... everyone has their own beat and way of doing things. Easy to doubt yourself when you're not sure what the real shitty element is.

I'm a tank and have had my far share of problems with healer pugs when playing with friends. But when it works .... it's soo smoooooth.

Whole team of pugs though? Had a noob healer once on LongShot that didn't seem like he knew how to handle poison yet and I had a BM on the 2nd run that wanted to spam AOEs and race up the hate charts.

dcye

Whole team of pugs though? Had a noob healer once on LongShot that didn't seem like he knew how to handle poison yet and I had a BM on the 2nd run that wanted to spam AOEs and race up the hate charts.

Was the healer a SCH or a WHM? SCH don't get Leeches until 35 (or 40, I can't remember).

Was the healer a SCH or a WHM? SCH don't get Leeches until 35 (or 40, I can't remember).

He was a WHM.

I'm sitting there wondering if I'm to blame because of my Frankenstein gear after the boss wipes me at the start even through I wasn't eating Poison blast or the huge beam attack ... only to see him chat that he's he forgot to heal me -_-
He was also the one attacking out of my mark order, which is why I stopped to ask if they wanted me to bother to mark (didn't wanna make any drama but I can clear-as-day see a mage skill going out of order and putting too much damage on something that's not the focus, making me have to regain hate with my provoke-lob combo pretty much every pull. IDK, maybe people don't realize that PLD aint WAR and as such we work differently. Our only AOE is flash until later)

Happened on the first boss to, when I asked no one had a sleep spell so I ended up having to Tank it and it's add and he couldn't keep up.

Either way, I need to up my gear ... cause it is Frankenstein as hell and all of it is too low. I like to be over leveled and geared to help out the healer and right now it's under level. That's why I'm just gonna craft for a bit before fighting Titan.

Finished the "sunken temple of Qarn" last night with 2 friend , it was the first time for me ( as a healer ) and it was the first time for everyone else....
This was like the first dongeon when i really felt that teamwork was an absolute necessity ..
It's not very hard , it's just that there are a lot of little things that can kill you if you don't pay attention ( or if you don't know them )
It was some pretty awesome 90 minutes.
Why do i say 90 minutes ? because we cleared it with 00:00 left on the timer.
You guys have no idea how we were happy. NO IDEA We started the final boss with only 6 minutes left and we went on some crazy trance to avoid all of thiis sh*t ( we didn't know about those )

I LOVE THIS GAME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom