• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvorB

Finished the "sunken temple of Qarn" last night with 2 friend , it was the first time for me ( as a healer ) and it was the first time for everyone else....
This was like the first dongeon when i really felt that teamwork was an absolute necessity ..
It's not very hard , it's just that there are a lot of little things that can kill you if you don't pay attention ( or if you don't know them )
It was some pretty awesome 90 minutes.
Why do i say 90 minutes ? because we cleared it with 00:00 left on the timer.
You guys have no idea how we were happy. NO IDEA We started the final boss with only 6 minutes left and we went on some crazy trance to avoid all of thiis sh*t ( we didn't know about those )

I LOVE THIS GAME

You have no idea how much I can feel you on this. We got the five minute warning at the start of the last boss and there was just all this CRAZY sh*t going on in that fight to avoid and look out for. In the end it was just the four of us squeezed on the only tiny patch of ground not covered by those death beams just throwing everything we had at the boss and he went down. It was amazingly epic.

You have no idea how much I can feel you on this. We got the five minute warning at the start of the last boss and there was just all this CRAZY sh*t going on in that fight to avoid and look out for. In the end it was just the four of us squeezed on the only tiny patch of ground not covered by those death beams just throwing everything we had at the boss and he went down. It was amazingly epic.

20 sec left i abandonned my healing duties after a last regen so that everyone can throw everything at him ... I was like "we can do this !"
And 20secs later i was like " We did it !"
The bard died at the last second, the black mage was like " my equipment needs repair ! " then "it's broken!" shit was going down like crazy.

So good.

He was a WHM.

I'm sitting there wondering if I'm to blame because of my Frankenstein gear after the boss wipes me at the start even through I wasn't eating Poison blast or the huge beam attack ... only to see him chat that he's he forgot to heal me -_-
He was also the one attacking out of my mark order, which is why I stopped to ask if they wanted me to bother to mark (didn't wanna make any drama but I can clear-as-day see a mage skill going out of order and putting too much damage on something that's not the focus, making me have to regain hate with my provoke-lob combo pretty much every pull. IDK, maybe people don't realize that PLD aint WAR and as such we work differently. Our only AOE is flash until later)

Happened on the first boss to, when I asked no one had a sleep spell so I ended up having to Tank it and it's add and he couldn't keep up.

Either way, I need to up my gear ... cause it is Frankenstein as hell and all of it is too low. I like to be over leveled and geared to help out the healer and right now it's under level. That's why I'm just gonna craft for a bit before fighting Titan.

if you where rolling with a blm and a whm then they must have been pretty bad cause both have a sleep spell lol

Teknoman

Finished the "sunken temple of Qarn" last night with 2 friend , it was the first time for me ( as a healer ) and it was the first time for everyone else....
This was like the first dongeon when i really felt that teamwork was an absolute necessity ..
It's not very hard , it's just that there are a lot of little things that can kill you if you don't pay attention ( or if you don't know them )
You guys have no idea how we were happy. NO IDEA We started the final boss with only 6 minutes left and we went on some crazy trance to avoid all of thiis sh*t ( we didn't know about those )

I LOVE THIS GAME

Thats what i'm talkin about :D

MogCakes

if you where rolling with a blm and a whm then they must have been pretty bad cause both have a sleep spell lol

I'm levelling my THM for swiftcast atm and I can testify to sleep's usefulness. Fights go so much easier, boss fights become a cakewalk. I'm getting commendations in nearly every run as a THM because I sleep everything except the tank's target before I start nuking. I don't know why people don't use sleep more.

squadr0n

Oh, well fuck that. Might as well just make a new character and power level with the FC >:/

You might want to check if the server has an open spot available. Ultros isnt letting any new characters to be made at the moment and not sure when it will be available. Wouldnt want to waste 18$ just to find out the server is full. Thankfully i got my char in right before they closed it since they deleted my original char due to not subbing at first.

SOOO Glad I did though, this game is awesome and the FC is so helpful. Thanks to everyone last night that helped me out. Ill be on when I get home from work.

plake

Are you a Paladin (or Healer)?
You will get something that can remove the heavy directly.

PLD, WHM and SCH actually. So I know. It's just so annoying to unmount, use ability and mount. It just makes me angry cus it's not a dangerous attack, simply annoying.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I know this isn't exactly fresh stuff right here, but I really like how this set in particular looks on my Mi'qote. I liked it so much I glamoured it over the god awful soldiery chestpiece.
inArcjYoiyjNX.png

orion434

Spirit-bonding is relevant again! It's what keeps the in-game economy going. Wish I was finished with my Animus books, stalled on book 4, time to get back to Brayflox myth runs.

draw4wild

Up to 5, according to the Help message.

I wonder if theres a benefit to spliting to 5 stats, that being you dont need to use any tier IV materia since you wont be infusing 31/44 of a stat but like 20/20/20/15. Or even if the 31 of a stat doesn't require as much tier IV as 44

draw4wild

What's the best rotation for a summoner? I'm new to the game and have somehow managed to get mine up to lvl 45 without too much trouble. I've been using bio2-miasma-bio- then i'll hit aetherflow and use bane, fester or energy drain. Anyway, last night I was doing Bray Flox and was told by a tank that this was totally wrong and I was ruining the game. No one has ever complained before, and I make sure to avoid spamming spells as I know that can cause problems, so I'm not sure if I'm a terrible player who is doing it all wrong or if the tank was just a tosser.

Your dot order is correct but you shouldn't wait to use aetherflow. Ideally you'll want to go into any fight with 3 stacks already and then it already cooldowned so you can hit it as soon as you use the 3 stacks. Have Garuda on obey and hit contagion with bio and once all the dots are extended then use bane if more than one mob. Energy Drain is never worth it to use once you have fester so I only use it if I'm synced down to below lvl 35.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
After over 2 hours of waiting for DF Ifrit EX (my third attempt), I was finally able to beat it. Once you learn to react to the mechanics, the fight really isn't that hard. Titan Ex is much worse.
Once I was done with Ifrit, I've decided to try King Mog Ex. For some reason it only took 2 tries although I had no idea what's going on. Seeing how everyone is getting Mogs to low hp but not killing them, I've decided to do the same and it seems that it was enough.
Fun fight, but my eyes hurt because of all the colors.

Panda Rin

I LOVE THIS GAME

great feeling, especially when you know your team is working together. good on you for going into it blind.

BlackJace

Said no one ever?!

Well, I guess I'm looking at it in a brighter light since it was the first "real" environmental puzzle-thing I've encountered in dungeons thus far. Everything up to Thousand Maws has been rather straightforward lol.

I imagine later runs will make me grow to hate it.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I guess that's a no-clear on my first Levi Ex attempt. Watched a youtube video and read a guide to not walk in blind, but was really confused on my first try.
Second and third were much better and now I feel fairly confident until Levi hits 30-40%, because that's when we died and since it's already 3am here half of the people left.
Will try again tomorrow.

The run with the bad Whitemage who "didn't know a sleep spell" had a Summoner. the run with the BM that liked to spam AOEs and raced me for Hate was the also the only run where someone used sleep on that boss ... and only that bosses through out the whole run :/

You might want to check if the server has an open spot available. Ultros isnt letting any new characters to be made at the moment and not sure when it will be available. Wouldnt want to waste 18$ just to find out the server is full. Thankfully i got my char in right before they closed it since they deleted my original char due to not subbing at first.

SOOO Glad I did though, this game is awesome and the FC is so helpful. Thanks to everyone last night that helped me out. Ill be on when I get home from work.

That's the thing, I came into this because my friends are in it ... meaning I had to go to their world and join their FC to keep up with em. But their FC is a ghost town. They have talked to these people for months and know them well and all ... but I don't and I barely see these people online. I know that at the very least I'm gonna make a 2nd character to be on another server with another FC (would like to try a RP one if gaf is full) but I would really like to be able to have one character sponsor another's growth which can only happen on the same server :/

But yeah, gonna keep an eye out for that.

Dunan

So you can actually infuse more than two stats on a sphere scroll
ABomVQY.jpg

Dunno if this has any relevance to what stats you infuse, but it looks like the Eorzean writing extending outward from the small text in the center consists of types of materia. Starting in the 3:00 position and going downwards, it says "Savage Aim / Piety / Determination / Quicktongue / Battledance / Accuracy / Quickarm".

This is a little weird because those are all types of materia with the exception of Accuracy. Isn't Accuracy just a stat that is associated with Heaven's Eye materia?

jfkgoblue

I LOVE THIS GAME

Lol hate that dungeon so much, in fact had my first bad DF experience there today...

So I decided to do a roulette because I needed to level for next main story quest, and as a tank you get a lot of bonus xp for roulette. Anyways, we fight our way to the adjuncter, and I explain that 1 dps grab cubes and kill them quickly on the platforms and I'll maintain aggro on boss and another dps attack boss. But for whatever reason they couldn't manage to do that or kill the verges at all(even with me marking them), and we wipe. So now ensues the sch healer telling me all about how I was an awful tank cuz I wasn't agroing every add( mind you it was up to 10+ because they wouldn't kill on the fucking platform). So I was an idiot and decided to do what he told me, I held aggro on 6-7 adds before the verges came and I had to run around avoiding them and losing agro... Anyways apparently it was still all my fault cuz I wasn't spamming flash( nvm the fact that I still did my rotations properly and flash is mostly for initial pull and adds a minimal amout if hate), it ended with him saying how my gear sucked before I said fuck it and left. God sometimes being a tank sucks and it is even worse when dps think they know how I should tank better than me.( or in this case a healer and a dps)

Sorry about the rant but I needed to vent that off

The tank life is a hard life. I haven't even hit 50 yet (nearly 47) and all of the issues I've been through, I understand why there are so few tanks.

jfkgoblue

The tank life is a hard life. I haven't even hit 50 yet (nearly 47) and all of the issues I've been through, I understand why there are so few tanks.
Yeah, but when you have a decent party that understands their roles it is the most rewarding role as you are pretty much the leader of the dungeon

WolvenOne

Crafting is, interesting, but only rarely relevant to the end game.

If they're going to do more things like Novus, and or make elemental resistances and attributes more prominent to battle, then it'd start becoming relevant, darn quickly.

After all, the most cost efficient means of creating gear to Spirit Bind, is by crafting it yourself. Or maybe by spamming leves for certain reward items.

Mesharey

I know this isn't exactly fresh stuff right here, but I really like how this set in particular looks on my Mi'qote. I liked it so much I glamoured it over the god awful soldiery chestpiece.
I want it, I have the Helmet, I'm playing CT just to get it. T_T

It looks good.
Oh BTW. How can I get these glamour items? Can l buy them?

Edit: If I entered a party that is in progress, will I get the daily roulette?

WolvenOne

Also, yes, I've experienced this games skewed percentages before while mining, and I really do wish they would fix it, or at least make it more accurate.

I'm dreading falling below 80 percent on my sphere scroll, as by then I suspect I'll need ten materia pieces to actually have a near certain chance of successfully melding.

orion434

When the ilv 90 Crafted Gear 1st came out, it was an easy way to upgrade equipment, especially since players were not downing 2nd Coil immediately. Penta-melded ilv 90 Gear was pretty good at the start of 2.2 as players accumulated Soldiery tomes to get ilv 100 gear. I made a small fortune off Wolfram / Saurian / Cashmere gear.

It's stagnated now, too many Master Crafters and not enough players wanting the gear. Even the influx of PS4 players reaching end-game are just skipping right to ilv 100. It's going to bottom-out soon.

WolvenOne

When the ilv 90 Crafted Gear 1st came out, it was an easy way to upgrade equipment, especially since players were not downing 2nd Coil immediately. Penta-melded ilv 90 Gear was pretty good at the start of 2.2 as players accumulated Soldiery tomes to get ilv 100 gear. I made a small fortune off Wolfram / Saurian / Cashmere gear.

It's stagnated now, too many Master Crafters and not enough players wanting the gear. Even the influx of PS4 players reaching end-game are just skipping right to ilv 100. It's going to bottom-out soon.

Well most new ps4 players will not be doing second coil yet, since they have to get through T5 first.

Outside of second Coil, CT and Myth gear is fine for most content, and people are buying soldiery armor too. So, it's unsurprising that they don't really need crafted gear.

I like how I was mining mythril ore this morning, used a skill to get the gathering to 99% and miss 3 times in a row.........how is that even possible.

Well, when the PS4 version came out I made a whole new character on one of the three new servers. so this is not a problem yet.

Master crafters are in VERY high demand on the jenova server(the server I'm on)

I know a guy in my guild who has all the crafting classes at level 50, dude can high quality every single thing he crafts. People STAY asking him for craft and meld stuff. I think he's the richest player on the server thus far.

WolvenOne

Splitting the attributes three ways on a Novus seems, like it'd be suboptimal, if you ask me. This may be a false impression, but it seems to me that in this game, if you're not going to stack an attribute, it might as well not even be there.

Or, basically plus or minus ten parry, determination, Crit, or what ever, hardly makes a difference, but plus or minus thirty does.

Now, if every piece of armor you had was built that way, you'd probably come out ahead over all, but with only one piece stacked that way. *shrugs*

Mind you, id jump through huge hoops for a tank weapon with full or near full stacks of accuracy, parry, and determination, but that's slightly different.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Splitting the attributes three ways on a Novus seems, like it'd be suboptimal, if you ask me. This may be a false impression, but it seems to me that in this game, if you're not going to stack an attribute

It's possible that some amount of accuracy on a weapon would allow you to use a set that, overall, grants more determ/crit as a DPS class.

Doing all the work for the Novus using a stat allocation that will probably be out of date in a patch, however, is another matter entirely.

You guys can take me out of the group to free up a free slot.

It was fun and all but I cannot commit so much time/money to this game.
(My free trial ended)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom