• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fou-Lu

My roommate just gifted me this so I can play with him. I have to admit I did miss FFXIV after beta ended. We're going to start new characters so I am not sure what I am going to do as far as classes and jobs go.

What is the general consensus on the different jobs these days?

I like how I was mining mythril ore this morning, used a skill to get the gathering to 99% and miss 3 times in a row.........how is that even possible.

My favourite is always when you use one of the skills to up your HQ drop rate at a gathering node that has an HQ bonus and...get not a single HQ item.

Well we tried to do the solo queue method and it's not working at all.

The 4v4 format is probably better for these PvP events. However people really need to sign up if they are going to show up. It will not work if half the people who sign up don't show up, and a bunch of people who don't sign up do show up, and then when I ask everyone what their PvP ranks are in chat no one answers. There is no way to balance teams in this case and we end up with the same 2 teams fighting over and over again.

Thanks again everyone who turned out today!

Saturday Night Fights will return on Saturday, June 14th!

WolvenOne

It's possible that some amount of accuracy on a weapon would allow you to use a set that, overall, grants more determ/crit as a DPS class.

Doing all the work for the Novus using a stat allocation that will probably be out of date in a patch, however, is another matter entirely.

Yeeeeaaah, I don't mind doing this once, but, if they're going to keep doing this, they're going to need to make is easier. Or, more specifically, make it easier to re-allocate secondary stats, while keeping any grind specific to the primary stats.

As for accuracy, yeah it's the only stat that might be worth splitting. That said, unless you're working toward a very specific equipment set, it's hard to know, "exactly," how much accuracy is the bare minimum you'll need.

Also, yes, without knowing the exact gear that's being added in the next patch, we can't really plan for it. Granted, it's likely no additional 110 armor willbe added, but, we might see additional accessories, level doesn't mean as much there.

Teknoman

Well we tried to do the solo queue method and it's not working at all.

The 4v4 format is probably better for these PvP events. However people really need to sign up if they are going to show up. It will not work if half the people who sign up don't show up, and a bunch of people who don't sign up do show up, and then when I ask everyone what their PvP ranks are in chat no one answers. There is no way to balance teams in this case and we end up with the same 2 teams fighting over and over again.

Thanks again everyone who turned out today!

Saturday Night Fights will return on Saturday, June 14th!

On that note, who said they were uploading one of the fights on youtube?

Ken

My roommate just gifted me this so I can play with him. I have to admit I did miss FFXIV after beta ended. We're going to start new characters so I am not sure what I am going to do as far as classes and jobs go.

What is the general consensus on the different jobs these days?

everyone's viable although BLM has a few weaknesses so they're getting buffs in next patch. not really a big deal though; just play who you think sounds the coolest to you.

If your a crafter, you have experienced the SE % flip flop that makes you got lolwut

1st synth 98% quality, No HQ
Very next synth 13% quality, HQ!

Holy crap I thought this was only me. Had an 88% vanya silk craft going. Gives me a normal quality. Utter disappointment. Next day fuck up and get 28% quality but get a HQ silk anyway. So weird

IvorB

20 sec left i abandonned my healing duties after a last regen so that everyone can throw everything at him ... I was like "we can do this !"
And 20secs later i was like " We did it !"
The bard died at the last second, the black mage was like " my equipment needs repair ! " then "it's broken!" shit was going down like crazy.

So good.

Yeah it was: "forget all this other sh*t. There's no time. Just take him down!!" :)

Man, Garudu is hardcore. I tried her two times today and both times she just refused. Two parties disbanded after numerous attempt. Now that's a proper boss fight. Pretty awesome.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Wow, the Leviathan fight is so much easier than Ifrit and Titan Ex. Got it on my 2nd attempt and I think I got hit once by an attack that could've been dodged.

Anyone got any suggestions on leveling crafts for HQ crafting?

Like, i know about the levels and the Company seals ... but I'm talking about arranging it so that I can easily make HQ items AS I'm leveling up. I heard that regardless of what craft you wanna focus on you should just get all of them to 15 so that you can use different skills for different crafts to make making HQ items easier.

But IDK how true that is or which to get to 15 first.

Ken

Like, i know about the levels and the Company seals ... but I'm talking about arranging it so that I can easily make HQ items AS I'm leveling up. I heard that regardless of what craft you wanna focus on you should just get all of them to 15 so that you can use different skills for different crafts to make making HQ items easier.

here's a good guide for crafting

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

Get everything to 15, shouldn't that be hard, had in HQ Grand Company dailies, next you seals and good chunk of xp

Cooking to 37 for Steady Hand II, get it to 50, you can almost HQ all basic Coil food so far w/o materia slotted with the hq gear, you will have a 90% success rate on HQ, no 1 star though

If you have botany to 50 it's smooth sailing due to you can farm your own logs and make them to lumber
You want the nest skill in the game and that is Breygot's Blessing, with Inner Quiet stacks

Move over to Weaver and try to earn Careful Synthesis I & II, I is early (15), II is 50
They are necessary

Then move to Alchemy for Comfort Zone (50) and Trick of the Trade (15)

Goldsmithing for Manipulation

From there almost all synths you do for any crafting classes, you can maximize synth quality to highest and just finish progress, netting you the most xp possible and 35-50% always HQ'ing

FFXIV GAF, I finally hit lvl50 on WAR for the first time last night, so where do I even begin in terms of endgame content?

Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated.

FFXIV GAF, I finally hit lvl50 on WAR for the first time last night, so where do I even begin in terms of endgame content?

Any advice/suggestions would be appreciated.

Stop! Before you do anything else, make sure you get Provoke as a cross class ability from gladiator level 22.

Exactly, a tank without provoked is useless.

Well you can skate by without Provoke until 50 if you're good at not getting patrols to pull accidentally and you always hold aggro on the whole pack.

But the various tank swap mechanics you face after you're 50 require you to have Provoke.

A tank only needs Fracture.

Provoke that pesky spiny plume? Nah, fracture it!

Fracture is the only skill on my bar bro it does everything

Don't worry, picking up Provoke isn't too rough.
- Do the GLA hunting log
- Do guildleves (incidentally, you can do these with a party) and guildhests (first-time bonus is individual for each class now)
- Maybe run the early dungeons a few times
- You'll probably get a bunch of XP from the challenge log too
- Everyone LOVES doing FATEs

Probably take a weekend? Not so bad really.

Personally, I recommend taking it up to 26 at least. There's no benefit to WAR for doing that, but at 26 you get Rage of Halone, the third piece of the gladiator aggro combo, which looks and sounds incredibly satisfying and makes up for 25 levels of shit.

Winter John

It goes by fast. My tank is almost 47 and I have it. It was really easy to get. It beats leveling up THR to 26...

I just lvl up thr to 26. God, it was horrible. So slow and boring. Once I got him to 26, he'd definitely improved. Scathe is really good. Decided I might as well take him up to Black Mage.

dcye

Having leveled every class I personally think the most boring was WHM. SCH is God tier healer. I liked BLM once I got to the 40's.

Shif

Neo Member
Finally, after playing the beta I have picked up a copy of the game on ps3 and will be upgrading to the ps4 tomorrow. Can't wait!

Any recommendations on what server to choose? I can play at pretty much anytime so timezones isn't really an issue.

Ken

Finally, after playing the beta I have picked up a copy of the game on ps3 and will be upgrading to the ps4 tomorrow. Can't wait!

Any recommendations on what server to choose? I can play at pretty much anytime so timezones isn't really an issue.

do you want to play with gaf?
you don't want to
go on ultros

Zomba13

I've not played at all in the past few weeks (except pop in the other day to check out setting your default idle and sit poses). I'm kinda burnt out on lack of new dungeons and the grind for Sol tomes and books and seeing and reading about the Alexandrite and scrolls and materia and all that makes me not want to bother going any further with the Animus stuff.

I liked the grind in the book. It got you to do stuff, run dungeons you might not normally run, do fates and leves you would usually ignore, explore and kill some monsters in places you don't always go to. I was hoping for things more along those lines instead of more fate grinding and and even more RNG shit with materia.

draw4wild

I liked the grind in the book. It got you to do stuff, run dungeons you might not normally run, do fates and leves you would usually ignore, explore and kill some monsters in places you don't always go to. I was hoping for things more along those lines instead of more fate grinding and and even more RNG shit with materia.

I thought the books were perfect for the same reasons you stated if they just removed the 1500 myth cost for each. I really hope when they tone this quest down they leave the 9 books but just make them free/500myth each

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom