• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raijinken

Well we tried to do the solo queue method and it's not working at all.

The 4v4 format is probably better for these PvP events. However people really need to sign up if they are going to show up. It will not work if half the people who sign up don't show up, and a bunch of people who don't sign up do show up, and then when I ask everyone what their PvP ranks are in chat no one answers. There is no way to balance teams in this case and we end up with the same 2 teams fighting over and over again.

Thanks again everyone who turned out today!

Saturday Night Fights will return on Saturday, June 14th!

The solo queue method was never going to work because you're only placed with players around the same rank as you, regardless of the language you queue in.

The solo queue method was never going to work because you're only placed with players around the same rank as you, regardless of the language you queue in.

Yeah, we tried that before and got those results. It seems two parties usually get paired together no matter what, too.

Also I'm uploading a match right now. It should be done in around 15 - 20 minutes. Then you guys can see how bad I am at PvP AND see something glorious

Edit: http://youtu.be/g-HEEYbdBiM Here it is! PvP match. 7:37 is when amusing things happen..

Hey, I'm a little confused about something. I just beat the story line yesterday, and now I want to get high level gear. The thing is I can't seem to find anything higher than 50. For example, yesterday I got from a dungeon the Warlock's Ringbands. When I look these up on the internet I'm told that they are item level 55, but they are only item level 50 for me? Do I need to complete a mission or something to be able to have gear above level 50?

Hey, I'm a little confused about something. I just beat the story line yesterday, and now I want to get high level gear. The thing is I can't seem to find anything higher than 50. For example, yesterday I got from a dungeon the Warlock's Ringbands. When I look these up on the internet I'm told that they are item level 55, but they are only item level 50 for me? Do I need to complete a mission or something to be able to have gear above level 50?

You're probably looking at the item's required level and not it's item level.

Item level is a different stat used to quickly check which gear is better. All gear after level 50 has a required level of 50, but it has a different item level.

Item levels are 55, 60, 70, 80 etc.

No quest needed, just equip it

You're probably looking at the item's required level and not it's item level.

Item level is a different stat used to quickly check which gear is better. All gear after level 50 has a required level of 50, but it has a different item level.

Item levels are 55, 60, 70, 80 etc.

No quest needed, just equip it

Oh I see; thanks. I feel dumb.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why would I expose myself to a giant ball of radiation?

Well it seems plainly obvious to me that the next update must include:

• Chocobo runs twice as fast
  • Able to use duty finder whilst companion is out (automatically disbands party when you accept duty)
  • Able to initiate leves while mounted
  • Fates should give 1 myth tome

Dunan

Well it seems plainly obvious to me that the next update must include:

• Chocobo runs twice as fast
  • Able to use duty finder whilst companion is out (automatically disbands party when you accept duty)
  • Able to initiate leves while mounted
  • Fates should give 1 myth tome

Seconded, every one of these.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'd rather have Chocokeep routes between zones rather than having to go through the main city each time, or just allowing me to go from Western Thanalan to Eastern Thanalan with one click.

I think I've made a huge mistake :/

I started the Relic Reborn quest. I got to the part where I need to go fight the chimera, but when I got to there I found out I needed an average item level of 52........so I quit the quest. Yeah, after I had already traded him in that crazy weapon that I paid 100,000 for for him to mend; I figured I could start the quest back where I left it. Now that I have an average item level of 52 I see that I have to start the quest all over again, which means I have to go out and buy that crazy materia strengthened weapon again to give him........is there no way to get back what I already traded to him the first time?? I'm kind of pissed about this; one of those things that makes me not want to play anymore.

Sophia

I started the Relic Reborn quest. I got to the part where I need to go fight the chimera, but when I got to there I found out I needed an average item level of 52........so I quit the quest. Yeah, after I had already traded him in that crazy weapon that I paid 100,000 for for him to mend; I figured I could start the quest back where I left it. Now that I have an average item level of 52 I see that I have to start the quest all over again, which means I have to go out and buy that crazy materia strengthened weapon again to give him........is there no way to get back what I already traded to him the first time?? I'm kind of pissed about this; one of those things that makes me not want to play anymore.

You dun goofed.

A GM may restore the item for you if you ask nicely. Except it to take a week or more before you get it back however, and you can only ever do it once.

Sophia

Game Master. Hit Escape to open up the system menu (or hit Start/Options and go to the system tab), select Support Desk, and use the Contact Us tab to contact them. Either "Leave a Suggestion" or "Report a Bug" will work. Explain what you did in detail, and then kindly ask if you can have the item restored.

It will take a bit (as it requires a Senior Game Master to check your history to make sure you're not being dishonest), and you can only do it once, but they will restore the item for you if it was an honest mistake,

Which Job/Class was this for?

Sophia

If you're on Ultros, I'd ask the help of the GAF Guild if you don't want to use your one time item restore. Someone can probably whip you up the weapon on an I.O.U basis. >_>;

Guys I'm lvl 50 now and I unlocked all the dungeons and finished them all BUT two only because I unlocked them in my late 40s and they are low levels and didn't finish them or play them.

DO I need to play them and complete them for something or it doesn't matter ?

They are Halatali and The Sunken Temple of Qarn.

If you're on Ultros, I'd ask the help of the GAF Guild if you don't want to use your one time item restore. Someone can probably whip you up the weapon on an I.O.U basis. >_>;

That's what I was getting at (except the I.O.U part >>). If you're indeed on Ultros send a /tell to Mira Mora, I'll get the stuff back for you. No need to deal with the horrid GM wait times or waste your 1 item restore on that.

Guys I'm lvl 50 now and I unlocked all the dungeons and finished them all BUT two only because I unlocked them in my late 40s and they are low levels and didn't finish them or play them.

DO I need to play them and complete them for something or it doesn't matter ?

They are Halatali and The Sunken Temple of Qarn.

You'll end up doing the Sunken Temple of Qarn during the main storyline anyways, so don't worry about it until then.

The only reason I can think of going into Halitali is for GC Hunting Logs, so unless you need the extra seals you don't have to worry about that one either.

You'll end up doing the Sunken Temple of Qarn during the main storyline anyways, so don't worry about it until then.

The only reason I can think of going into Halitali is for GC Hunting Logs, so unless you need the extra seals you don't have to worry about that one either.

But I finished the main story and didn't went to Qarn :\

Anyone got a good non-hardcore-but-still-does-everything-and-doesn't-necessarily-require-all-members-to-commit-to-everything FC on Sargatanas? I know there's Red Dot but they describe themselves as semi-hardcore which doesn't sound like it suits me.

Wilsongt

Anyone got a good non-hardcore-but-still-does-everything-and-doesn't-necessarily-require-all-members-to-commit-to-everything FC on Sargatanas? I know there's Red Dot but they describe themselves as semi-hardcore which doesn't sound like it suits me.

We're not that bad...

Noi

Having a bad tank really really effin sucks. I respect that job so much now lol, shit nearly fell apart.

I was originally going to main Monk as my endgame job, but then I did Brayflox for the first time. There I learned just how a bad tank can make or utterly destroy a run and since then I don't trust absolutely anyone else with tanking except for myself (and some exceptions when doing 8 man content. Solo tank parties make me happy).

On the plus side, maining tank means I'll never run out of gil. :V

creid

Red Dot doesn't require anybody to commit to anything (except not being an asshole, I guess.) Join up and see if you like it.

Mesharey

My first time experiencing something like this, Behemoth fate!
The game became Dynasty Warriors! o_O

BppUHZkCIAAlwLc.jpg:orig

BppTQHGCAAANHhL.jpg:orig

BppUWe4CMAAA1Ml.jpg:orig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom