• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moussi

Haven't played an MMO since WoW. Well GW2 dunno if that counts haha. This looks good I'm pumped. Seems overwhelming but I'll get used to it. Shame the GAF server is full.

Sophia

Kagari had one job

ONE JOB, KAGARI KAGARI'S HOTEL. ONE. JOB. >.>

onejobbiuaj.jpg

Hey guys, just wanted to let y'all know. I moved recently and won't be getting internet service for a while. If you need space in the FC, feel free to remove me. Kamina Yagami is who I am on there.

Martheron

I just saw this about an hour ago. I dont suppose there's been any hints in game or such as to what classes are possibly being added are there? I played at launch and quit just before hitting max level on my scholar. i've been itching for an MMO to play and if they introduced Geomancers I'd play all day every day.

What classes are you guys wanting to see?

Sophia

I just saw this about an hour ago. I dont suppose there's been any hints in game or such as to what classes are possibly being added are there? I played at launch and quit just before hitting max level on my scholar. i've been itching for an MMO to play and if they introduced Geomancers I'd play all day every day.

What classes are you guys wanting to see?

The story hinted at Thief in Patch 2.2, and the developers have hinted at a gunslinger class/job. Those are the most likely candidates.

Noi

The "new areas to explore" bit makes me hopeful for Expansion talk tomorrow. I should probably temper my expectations, but if that's the case, I'd want more than just the already-hinted at class/job. Gimme Soul Crystrals for pre-existing classes!

WolvenOne

From what I've heard, there has been a number of issues with Comcast's routing today, and it's even affecting some people whom aren't on that Isp, something about traffic being routed across Comcast owned relay points or something.

Basically, it sounds like this isn't an issue with SE's servers this time.

Sophia

From what I've heard, there has been a number of issues with Comcast's routing today, and it's even affecting some people whom aren't on that Isp, something about traffic being routed across Comcast owned relay points or something.

Basically, it sounds like this isn't an issue with SE's servers this time.

Would make sense. On Comcast here... I was actually getting 90k errors earlier, and I usually never lag. Much less get disconnected.

Tabris

Yeah it was apparently the hub in Chicago that was the problem routing to Montreal.

Only times I've had connectivity issues was with my actual IP, not routing.

Anyone got a good non-hardcore-but-still-does-everything-and-doesn't-necessarily-require-all-members-to-commit-to-everything FC on Sargatanas? I know there's Red Dot but they describe themselves as semi-hardcore which doesn't sound like it suits me.

Yea, try Red Dot it's not really Hardcore aside from a few people. It isn't as big as the Gaf FC but still friendly.

Tell them Aroes sent ya for the FC discount ;)

Dunan

I'm flipping through the FFXIV Eorzea Official Starting Guide that came out way back in 2010 when 1.0 was first released, and it has an interesting error in it. In the legend above the map of Limsa, the classes you can undertake while there include the Marauder, but on the actual map, the Coral Tower is listed as hosting the Gunner/Fusilier/Musketeer (銃術師). There's even an icon (two crossed rifles) for this mythical job.

I wouldn't be surprised if they put this job somewhere else, though, because hasn't Yugiri set up shop in Limsa with her Doman-related job? I'd put it in Ul'dah; I can't see the Elezen Gridanians putting up with gunnery in their lands.

Ken

I'm flipping through the FFXIV Eorzea Official Starting Guide that came out way back in 2010 when 1.0 was first released, and it has an interesting error in it. In the legend above the map of Limsa, the classes you can undertake while there include the Marauder, but on the actual map, the Coral Tower is listed as hosting the Gunner/Fusilier/Musketeer (銃術師). There's even an icon (two crossed rifles) for this mythical job.

I wouldn't be surprised if they put this job somewhere else, though, because hasn't Yugiri set up shop in Limsa with her Doman-related job? I'd put it in Ul'dah; I can't see the Elezen Gridanians putting up with gunnery in their lands.

iy276SbN4FWyF.png

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Merlwyb was afraid someone could outawesome her so she closed the gunner guild down to remain the only musketeer.

Amazing how much exp you get for just going down and making everything on your crafting log. I've barely done any of those good leves for exp and I'm already at level 40 GSM. I figure a few more days and I should be level 50 and all that is left will be ARM and BSM.

WolvenOne

Okay, first real day farming Alexandrites, and I don't think I did a very efficient job of it.

It came out to three, I think if I got more efficient I could get to six, at least on days I didn't have to work, but that'd be pretty miserable. So, tentative goal is three weeks a guess. That's not as quickly as I'd like, but I couldn't go much faster than this without entirely taking the joy out of the grind.

2.3 may very well be out before I'm done with this. I mean, if it's a late June release and all, that'd only be a few weeks. Seems unlikely that they'd put the live-letter so close to the release, but, I guess that'd be about the same timespan between the pre-2.2 live letter and the respective release date there.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Welp, had to buy Fantasia since I could. This happened:

Before:

"A strange and wonderful potion? Make me feel like a new man? Where do I sign up! What could possibly go wrong!"

After:

"Maybe that was a bad idea."

"Oh well. ..Least girls look at me now."

Your first mistake was becoming a lala.

Ken

been spamming titan Hm today for fun

i don't know how i feel about teaching healers with relics about the det debuff

been spamming titan Hm today for fun

i don't know how i feel about teaching healers with relics about the det debuff

Treat it like CT and run patronising tutorial macros before, during and after the fight.
The last macro should be "If this helped, don't forget to commend! Thank you. :)"

It's not an error. In 1.0, Marauder's guild (formed by pirates) was located at the Astalicia, and at the Coral Tower was the Musketeer Guild, the official Limsan Army (the Barracudas). After the Calamity, the marauder guild reformed, and Merlwyb incorporated them to the barracudas, so now they share headquarters with the musketeers.

Ugh took way way too many tries but I finally got those darn Artisan Spectacles...and my CP was nowhere close to the minimum and neither was my craftmanship but I brute forced my way to those spectacles...yes!

Then I saw the requirements for the tools and fainted...=/

Oh well, those can wait, want to get the last 3 to 50 and go from there.

IMBored

Moogle EX is one hell of a fun mess. Nowhere close to beat it though, some people go in without even knowing not to kill the moogles. The closest I got was getting killed by meteor.

Also, only two more atmas to go, tomorrow I have the day off so hopefully I'll get my Animus prototype. That said I need the outer las noscean and east thalanan atmas, so it's not gonaa be easy.

Guys I'm lvl 50 now and I unlocked all the dungeons and finished them all BUT two only because I unlocked them in my late 40s and they are low levels and didn't finish them or play them.

DO I need to play them and complete them for something or it doesn't matter ?

They are Halatali and The Sunken Temple of Qarn.

I can't quite remember reading this in the patch notes but I recall one of our members couldn't get into Halatali Hard because he hadn't completed Halatali (normal). So at worst, it would lock you out of that dungeon and expert roulette (as you'll need to complete all the dungeons in the roulette set to use it).

Ken

Treat it like CT and run patronising tutorial macros before, during and after the fight.
The last macro should be "If this helped, don't forget to commend! Thank you. :)"

meh, not really doing it for commendations but just to get an idea of what average titan HMs are like nowadays for no real reason.

Tiops

I've been playing this for the last 4 days, put around 30 hours in it. It's already on my list of the best games in the series, I really didn't expect such an amazing game, specially being a MMO.

I have a Conjurer at level 25 now, and I'm enjoying doing dungeons as a healer, even with some crappy tanks that I've encountered. Now I'm starting a Gladiator (to be Paladin in the future) for some more physical action. It's probably going to be the first MMO that I'm going to get to max level, and I have to congratulate S-E for that, they truly did an amazing job with the game.

Now I want to level up fast to start the gear grinding fun :D

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
it's actually okay, but really depends on how many other well-geared, high level players the game suckers in through trial roulette.

They tend to leave pretty quickly. Though I've seen a lot less bailing since the penalty glitch was fixed.

I've been getting Titan HM a lot on trials roulette since it came out, and I don't think I've had one outright fail so far, with the exception of a couple times where I joined an in-progress session that was already getting disbanded. It's been pretty much 50/50 clinically perfect runs and trainwreck runs, and I kind of like the trainwrecks because I get to showboat with a combination of having the fight down pat and being ridiculously overgeared for it. It is kind of shitty in a way, but it's a nice confidence boost after getting wrecked by stuff that is tuned for my level. I wonder if they'll start level syncing item levels eventually.

That said, I got story Titan on low level roulette recently. It was a party of three 50s including me and someone slightly lower level, and we wiped on the first attempt. There was just too much space, it was disorienting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom