• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, figures it's maintenance just as the press conferences were ending. Was hoping to get my daily roulettes in before the day resets but nope.

Ken

Timezones always ruin me, how long until the game is scheduled to go back up?

in 3 or 4 hours I think?

hotfixes!

• An issue with Treasure Hunt wherein attempting to progress “Peisteskin Treasure Map” in Upper La Noscea, monsters would spawn in places not meant for battle.
  • An issue wherein the materia listed below would have their attributes turned to 0 when attached to fishing gear.
  • Gatherer’s Guile, Gatherer’s Guerdon, Gatherer’s Grasp, Craftsman’s Competence, Craftsman’s Cunning, Craftsman’s Command
  • An issue wherein Hotbar and Cross Hotbar display details would differ from the registered details through certain gear set actions.
  • An issue within the Zodiac Weapon story wherein the amount of Superior Enchanted Ink needed to obtain a sphere scroll displayed within the confirmation window is not correct.

orion434

Did they fix Crafting ingredients remaining HQ if you used an HQ before? I hate having to select HQ for every craft, it actually de-values HQ ingridents on the Market Board as it is now.

Riposte

One of you guys ought to make a thread in gaming for the live letter when it goes on. It's technically an E3 event and those get their own threads, at least that's how it worked last year. I would do it, but I'm too out of the loop.

creid

Did they fix Crafting ingredients remaining HQ if you used an HQ before? I hate having to select HQ for every craft, it actually de-values HQ ingridents on the Market Board as it is now.
I just checked 2 seconds ago - they did not fix it.

No way... for two days I've been trying to battle Gilgamesh and I can't because see how much time it takes and yet no party:

59999,timeTS0L0.jpg

I'm so pissed off :\

is this normal?

Wilsongt

Yeah. I noticed that started happening, too. They need to fix that.

Also, random Japanese when I turned in a 3x leve in Ul'dah.

Even for ranged DPS queues, that seems a little much.

Gilgamesh is an optional battle near the end of a questline that has no rewards other than a fun side story arc. I don't even know if it rewards myth so it's not going to be hugely popular (run once and done).

That said, I would have thought people would be entering it via the Trial roulette (I think it's required to unlock) so the best advice I could give would probably be to queue just before 4pm BST if possible (the daily roulette reset). Then you might get lucky.

Or, put it up on Party Finder and do a few shouts in Mor Dhona.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
If a new class gets announced and it is dps, no one playing dps is going to be able to get into a duty finder when it comes out.

Wilsongt

I do hope YoshiP drops some bombs today. I was underwhelmed by the Sony conference last night.

Also, Kagari was correct. I feel bad for those who doubted her.

system11

If a new class gets announced and it is dps, no one playing dps is going to be able to get into a duty finder when it comes out.

Yeah, game is already too DPS heavy, last thing we need is another variant fighting in the 1/4 hour long queues (on a good day).

On another note - where's the best place to find people for a static or spaces in one? I have a friend or two and we're new to FFXIV (April) but far from new to the concept of regimented group practise and streamlining runs.

Zalasta

If they are smart, they would release with at least 2 different classes to try and split the population that is going to be rushing to play them. Too bad I already got rid of all of my lower level DoM/DoW gears since I have nothing under level 37; and I only have PLD/WAR that isn't 50 yet. I will have to craft & make spaces for the new class again.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
It feels like I've reached the fulfilling end of a long long path

tmZIDVp.png

AND THEN I SAW THE MOUNT PRICES WHAT THE CHRIST

Azrael

Something I posted to the official forums. Curious what other GAFers think:

What this game really needs right now is means for players who are neither hardcore raiders or grinders who want to play a few hours a week and still make progress, because that is not an option right now.

Why not, for example, have a weekly repeatable quest for an atma that can be done in an hour, but locks the player out from acquiring any more atma for the remainder of the week and cannot be undertaken if a player has already acquired an atma for that week? Slower than grinding FATEs, but casual players would have their Atma weapons in 12 weeks without having to sink 40 hours into the game.

And add an equivalent of rested bonus for tomestone acquisition so a player who only does say 2 dungeons a week can walk away with ~200 soldiery and 400 myth a week. Again, slower than grinding, but again, players who only have or want to sink a few hours into the game a week can actually make progress in the game.

Number45

No way... for two days I've been trying to battle Gilgamesh and I can't because see how much time it takes and yet no party:

59999,timeTS0L0.jpg

I'm so pissed off :\

is this normal?
What server are you? I unlocked this last night (tank). Looks easy enough anyway. :)

It feels like I've reached the fulfilling end of a long long path

tmZIDVp.png

AND THEN I SAW THE MOUNT PRICES WHAT THE CHRIST
Please tell me trusted comes after recognised. >_<

EDIT: I meant friendly not recognised. I'm on my way!

WolvenOne

Something I posted to the official forums. Curious what other GAFers think:

Eh, not that good of an idea if you ask me. I can see why some people might like the idea, but, if you're going to have an Atma quest on a weekly lockout, I'd assume they just, didn't lock people off from getting other Atma's.

By now, that's pretty early in the Zodaic chainline, they should just, start getting people past it already.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
120k according to my Googling. Was expecting much worse.

Don't forget the 25K minion!

So if you did all 4 Beastmen and got mounts and minions, you have spent roughly 600K on them
Another one is coming next patch too!, so start saving
I always keep a Beastmen slush fund on a retainer, drop 200K on them for safe keeping per tribe announced

I also want to apologize to WolvenOne for snapping at him, yes sometimes I get Ragey due to something else and my venting targeted ya
Real Life issues caught up to me last week and stupid things happened around me, you just got caught in the crosshairs
I apologize for my outburst, but now you know sometimes frustration comes boiling out of me, hell Kagari had to ban me for it once

WolvenOne

I also want to apologize to WolvenOne for snapping at him, yes sometimes I get Ragey due to something else and my venting targeted ya
Real Life issues caught up to me last week and stupid things happened around me, you just got caught in the crosshairs
I apologize for my outburst, but now you know sometimes frustration comes boiling out of me, hell Kagari had to ban me for it once

It's fine man, I figured it was something like that.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Shiva looks to be in the same place as where you fight that one thing you need for the Relic. Probably placeholder location.

Also, we're finally going to see Carteneu Plains again?

Jayhawk

The pianist on the stream right now with the red fedora trying too hard to look like my character with the i70 DoL fedora. Too bad the FF14 part of the stream is during a work meeting. ._.

Allard

Shiva looks to be in the same place as where you fight that one thing you need for the Relic. Probably placeholder location.

Also, we're finally going to see Carteneu Plains again?

Any new stuff of Mor Dhona and Coerthas as I mentioned is A okay in my book, curious how we are getting there, through South Shroud? (Originally we got to Mor Dhona in the south east end through West Black Shroud, would be nice if gave us both West Shroud (Ancient Glowing forest you see in 3 different Black Shroud zones) and South Mor Dhona again. Because of the reszoning they could even expand it make the terrain different, like extends further south and further east thanks to the Crystal Tower being between it and the other zone.

Edit: 10 or less minutes till Producer letter :D, hopefully we will have someone interpreting for it, but if not I look forward to at least new images.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
People shouting in Mor Dhona right now might have a point, Shiva might be a top class mob hunt or just a FATE like Odin and not necessarily a Trial.

Wilsongt

Bless us with your scarf, oh great YoshiP and get rid of this salt left behind by the false Type-0 Vita announcement.

Also, how the hell did Kagari keep that silent?!

WolvenOne

People shouting in Mor Dhona right now might have a point, Shiva might be a top class mob hunt or just a FATE like Odin and not necessarily a Trial.

The former, probably not, but I suppose I shouldn't rule it out entirely.

The later, maaaaybe, but I kinda hope not. I want more mega-fates of course, but no place is really open enough for that, too many textures and models competing for the fight. (The Behemoth comes close, but always spawns in the same relatively plain looking area with few textures.)

Besides, I'm still eagerly awaiting the Trial version of Odin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom