• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

draw4wild

As excited am I am for this this is going to ruin already bad queue times. They should have saved this for the expansion with either a tank or healer along with it so not everyone is trying to level up another dps at once. I was predicting thief class with ninja(tanks) and dancer (healer) job options .

I'm going to be part of the problem tho. I'll be spending 2.3 gathering 75 alexandrites/all my materia, 12 atmas and saving 2k myth/soldiery and any sands/oil from CT for ninja

7UUcA7r.png

This + dog minion = Shadow. Please let me be able to throw items for 9999 damage.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Scything Moon: "Scything, you wanted to tank right? I'm going full Ninja in 2.4 and I'm never looking back. "
Mu Pod: OH GOD NO

Maple, we might need another replacement.

It's surprising you wouldn't know BLM LB's place by the time you get to CT.

Why is that surprising? Looking at how the gear progression is laid out for people just hitting 50 at this point, it's perfectly feasible for CT to be one of first real raids a new player will participate in.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm only playing this game for a little over a month.

Since no one explained why:

If you don't know, the LB Meter is shared with your party. Some people don't realize this.

Melee DPS LB (Lancer/Dragoon and Pugilist/Monk) does high damage against a single target. Most people in a group want the melee DPS to use the LB against a boss to finish it off early.

Range DPS LB does an AOE attack. Less useful versus a single target.

Jayhawk

I think I will wait to level up THF/NIN to avoid the initial rush of everybody doing it. Though, THF and NIN were my most common jobs in FFXI in abyssea and I am curious to see how they play in XIV.

I'm only playing this game for a little over a month.

Blm lb is great for situations where large aoe damage is needed (ifrit hm nails and other places), if there's a melee dps in your party, their lb does more damage to a single target than blm/summoner, so that lb is prefered in most boss fights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom